The Education Forum

Plumlee's JFK Story

Tim Carroll

The following is my synopsis of Tosh Plumlee's story about his involvement in the assassination in Dallas. If I have missed any particulars, please post them so that we can have a complete, but distilled version of the story.

Tosh Plumlee was a Military/CIA covert operative pilot who "knew John Roselli rather well." They first met in late 1960 or early 1961 at Biscayne Park, after coming to the park from "a meeting place called Sloppy Joe's." They were introduced by Johnny Farantello. Plumlee later says "Farentino" (as opposed to "Farantello") "was maybe Frank Sturgis or whoever." During 1963, Tosh flew Roselli "perhaps more than 6 or 7 different occasions, to such destinations as Marathon Key, Bimini, Havana, New Orleans, Houston, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Santa Barbara.

Beginning November 21, 1963 Tosh has asserted that he was a co-pilot on a top secret flight aboard a DC-3 supported by the CIA. The pilot was Emmanuel Rojas. Mr. Plumlee's flight left Florida on November 21, 1963, traveling from a "place called Lantana" in West Palm Beach to Tampa, where Roselli ("the Colonel") was picked up after staying at the Congress Inn. The plane then flew to New Orleans, where two people got off and three got on. After flying to Houston International and spending the night at the Hilton, the plane and its occupants continued on to Garland, where they had to stop "because of weather." After waiting for three of the passengers to be picked up by car at Garland, the plane continued on to Redbird Airport in Dallas, where everybody got off and "went their own way."

Plumlee was under the "impression" at that time that he was "flying a team into Dallas to abort the assassination and John Roselli was on board that flight as well as a couple of other Cubans and people that were connected with organized crime in New Orleans." The CIA's information about the assassination arose from the interrogations of Cubans who had plotted to fire on Air Force One with a bazooka on November 17 in West Palm Beach. At the briefing at Locksahatchie, it was "discussed where to go, how to abort, and what to look for." They concluded that they "would probably be looking for a minimum of 19 or 20 people that would be in that Plaza." The "instructions came through ... Robert Bennett and also Rex Beardsley."

Plumlee and "Sergio," a man Plumlee describes as "a friend" but has not identified (Danny Sullivan?), were taken to a "safe house" next to the Oak Cliff Country Club on Bar Harbor Drive, then driven to Dealey Plaza, where they attempted to spot potential assassins from their position on the South Knoll. Plumlee's original information was that "the attempt was going to be made outside the Adolphus Hotel. And for whatever reasons, it was changed at the last minute to the Dealey Plaza."

Sergio and Plumlee were attempting to evaluate the most logical places where shooters would be located, but "everything was all messed up, timing was off, people were not in... where they were supposed to be, the limited radio contacts that we had were not working." Plumlee had the impression of "4 or 5" shots, with one being fired from behind and to his left on the South Knoll. While leaving via the train tracks Plumlee smelled gunpowder. Plumlee didn't see Roselli, Nicoletti or Sturgis in Dealey Plaza, and hasn't provided the identity of any other person present (unless one counts "Gator," who was missing a finger from a bad alligator farm incident).

They "stopped in the parking lot at Ed McLemore's [sportatorium] and the driver had an extra change of clothes for both of us." They returned to the safe house, then to Redbird, where they "waited for two other people for about an hour maybe an hour and a half" and then left. Plumlee had thought that Roselli was one of the people they were waiting for, but Roselli did not return and the plane departed "pretty close to 2 o'clock." On the plane were Plumlee, Rojas, Sergio, "a person by the name of Gator, and two other individuals that I didn't know." Gator "did look like Bosch, also known as 'Gator,' who had a finger missing on his right hand" and a "large Adam's Apple," but this was later corrected to be "El Gato."

The people on the flight out of Dallas were very quiet. Plumlee's interpretation of this is that "if these had been shooters or assassins themselves, I think they would have been very excited because they had carried it off. That's why I take issue with the fact that I ... CIA had anything to do with flying an attack team in."

Plumlee would later claim that he had known Oswald, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house run by Alpha 66's Hernandez, out of Miami.

The debriefing was held in West Palm Beach by Rex Beardsley, Bob Bennett and Tracy Barnes, and according to Plumlee, "transmitted to field HQ, Miami to Bill Harvey, JMWAVE HQ., November 25, 1963." (despite Harvey having been replaced in January, 1963 by Desmond Fitzgerald. Harvey's public farewell lunch in D.C. with Roselli was in June, 1963, after which Harvey was dispatched to Rome)

Questions

1. Where and when did Roselli get off the plane? I have read 6:30 am at Garland, and "9:30, 10:00, maybe right around 11:00 it could have been" at Redbird.

2. How do you know that Charles Nicoletti was in Dallas? In one interview, when asked if you had seen Nicoletti, you evaded a straight answer by saying, "It's been told to me, by federal investigators and private investigators, pictures and everything else, that he was there." In another statement, you said, "It was the things that John Roselli had said about people that he was going to be meeting ... immediately made me think of the individual that I had in mind which later turned out to be identified as Nicoletti...." Roselli had referred to "Raven."

3. What was the occasion of being "told by Tracy Barnes, John Martino, William 'Wild Bill' Harvey, and John Roselli shortly after the assassination, that David [Morales] was in Miami."? If that conversation addressed Morales' absence from Dallas, what was said about Tracy Barnes or others?

4. Was DCM the Gator or El Gato who flew in to Dallas with you, and not Bosch?

5. If you "discussed where to go, how to abort, and what to look for" and were told you "would probably be looking for a minimum of 19 or 20 people that would be in that Plaza," wouldn't that briefing have included some names of who to look for in the Plaza? You have ruled out the photos of Bosch and Robertson; are there any of the look-alike identifications that you support, such as Hemming, McCord, Novo, Barnes or Conein?

6. Didn't you even recognize the man holding the umbrella?

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

The following is my synopsis of Tosh Plumlee's story about his involvement in the assassination in Dallas.  If I have missed any particulars, please post them so that we can have a complete, but distilled version of the story.

Tosh Plumlee was a Military/CIA covert operative pilot who "knew John Roselli rather well."  They first met in late 1960 or early 1961 at Biscayne Park, after coming to the park from "a meeting place called Sloppy Joe's."  They were introduced by Johnny Farantello.  Plumlee later says "Farentino" (as opposed to "Farantello") "was maybe Frank Sturgis or whoever."  During 1963, Tosh flew Roselli "perhaps more than 6 or 7 different occasions, to such destinations as Marathon Key, Bimini, Havana, New Orleans, Houston, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Santa Barbara.

Beginning November 21, 1963 Tosh has asserted that he was a co-pilot on a top secret flight aboard a DC-3 supported by the CIA. The pilot was Emmanuel Rojas.  Mr. Plumlee's flight left Florida on November 21, 1963, traveling from a "place called Lantana" in West Palm Beach to Tampa, where Roselli ("the Colonel") was picked up after staying at the Congress Inn.  The plane then flew to New Orleans, where two people got off and three got on.  After flying to Houston International and spending the night at the Hilton, the plane and its occupants continued on to Garland, where they had to stop "because of weather."  After waiting for three of the passengers to be picked up by car at Garland, the plane continued on to Redbird Airport in Dallas, where everybody got off and "went their own way."

Plumlee was under the "impression" at that time that he was "flying a team into Dallas to abort the assassination and John Roselli was on board that flight as well as a couple of other Cubans and people that were connected with organized crime in New Orleans."  The CIA's information about the assassination arose from the interrogations of Cubans who had plotted to fire on Air Force One with a bazooka on November 17 in West Palm Beach.  At the briefing at Locksahatchie, it was "discussed where to go, how to abort, and what to look for."  They concluded that they "would probably be looking for a minimum of 19 or 20 people that would be in that Plaza."  The "instructions came through ... Robert Bennett and also Rex Beardsley." 

Plumlee and "Sergio," a man Plumlee describes as "a friend" but has not identified (Danny Sullivan?), were taken to a "safe house" next to the Oak Cliff Country Club on Bar Harbor Drive, then driven to Dealey Plaza, where they attempted to spot potential assassins from their position on the South Knoll.  Plumlee's original information was that "the attempt was going to be made outside the Adolphus Hotel. And for whatever reasons, it was changed at the last minute to the Dealey Plaza."

Sergio and Plumlee were attempting to evaluate the most logical places where shooters would be located, but "everything was all messed up, timing was off, people were not in... where they were supposed to be, the limited radio contacts that we had were not working." Plumlee had the impression of "4 or 5" shots, with one being fired from behind and to his left on the South Knoll.  While leaving via the train tracks Plumlee smelled gunpowder.  Plumlee didn't see Roselli, Nicoletti or Sturgis in Dealey Plaza, and hasn't provided the identity of any other person present (unless one counts "Gator," who was missing a finger from a bad alligator farm incident).

They "stopped in the parking lot at Ed McLemore's [sportatorium] and the driver had an extra change of clothes for both of us." They returned to the safe house, then to Redbird, where they "waited for two other people for about an hour maybe an hour and a half" and then left. Plumlee had thought that Roselli was one of the people they were waiting for, but Roselli did not return and the plane departed "pretty close to 2 o'clock."  On the plane were Plumlee, Rojas, Sergio, "a person by the name of Gator, and two other individuals that I didn't know."  Gator "did look like Bosch, also known as 'Gator,' who had a finger missing on his right hand" and a "large Adam's Apple," but this was later corrected to be "El Gato."

The people on the flight out of Dallas were very quiet.  Plumlee's interpretation of this is that "if these had been shooters or assassins themselves, I think they would have been very excited because they had carried it off. That's why I take issue with the fact that I ... CIA had anything to do with flying an attack team in."

Plumlee would later claim that he had known Oswald, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house run by Alpha 66's Hernandez, out of Miami.

The debriefing was held in West Palm Beach by Rex Beardsley, Bob Bennett and Tracy Barnes, and according to Plumlee, "transmitted to field HQ, Miami to Bill Harvey, JMWAVE HQ., November 25, 1963." (despite Harvey having been replaced in January, 1963 by Desmond Fitzgerald.  Harvey's public farewell lunch in D.C. with Roselli was in June, 1963, after which Harvey was dispatched to Rome)

Questions

1. Where and when did Roselli get off the plane?  I have read 6:30 am at Garland, and "9:30, 10:00, maybe right around 11:00 it could have been" at Redbird.

2. How do you know that Charles Nicoletti was in Dallas?  In one interview, when asked if you had seen Nicoletti, you evaded a straight answer by saying, "It's been told to me, by federal investigators and private investigators, pictures and everything else, that he was there."  In another statement, you said, "It was the things that John Roselli had said about people that he was going to be meeting ... immediately made me think of the individual that I had in mind which later turned out to be identified as Nicoletti...." Roselli had referred to "Raven."

3.  What was the occasion of being "told by Tracy Barnes, John Martino, William 'Wild Bill' Harvey, and John Roselli shortly after the assassination, that David [Morales] was in Miami."?  If that conversation addressed Morales' absence from Dallas, what was said about Tracy Barnes?

4.  Didn't you even recognize the man holding the umbrella?

Tim

Thank you Tim: These are very good questions and I will be happy to answer them the best I can. I will explain them in detail and explain why I know some things and why other matters are my observations and beliefs based on my being there and knowing most of the people in the past. As I have said I do not have all the answers, but I do have some of them and will be glad to share them. That is why I came on this forum. I want to know the questions of concern. As I said in an earlier post I got connected with the wrong people years ago on this subject matter and for that I am truly sorry. I hope to clearifie some things that have been said about me.. and things I never said or implied. It seems when I do not agree with some who have special interest, a DVD, a book, or some financial interest, then I am not what I say I am. I become a "dis-information expert and still work for the CIA... or I am a "Dick Head".

I wanted to get this to you and ask for time to get back on this and other questions along the same lines that Larry has forwarded to me. I do not want to be attacked and said I refuse to answer the HARD questions and ducked and ran and all that garbage that is not true and never was has been true.

As you can see I have been doing my best thes past few days to try and answer all the question presented to me. I have been at this for hours and days. However, I do have another life other than this Kennedy and blasck ops mess.

I have some corp. business to attend to in another state and will be back a week from Friday. Whikle I am on the road, I will rough out answers to the questions and have it for you and Larry, when I get back. Meanwhile keep diging and find some more questions that you would like to ask and I'll try. I'll do my best to answer them if I can... If I can't I will tell you... I have never said that I have all the answers. If I can't I will not try. So until then. Thanks for your interest and your questions they are valid and I feel should be addresed by me. Tosh Plumlee

Tosh:

I will patiently await your answers - no problem. You've been great here, and I felt that it would be a good exercise for me and maybe even a bit helpful for you and others to see a boiled down version of "just the facts." I've probably missed a bunch of things, but I even named a street or motel wherever you had. Any corrections or additions to the distilled narrative would advance this synopsis, which as I say, you also might find helpful. If it meets with your approval, it would be a framework for plugging in details. Please let me know at least if you think the synopsis is a valid starting point for this thread.

Tim

Tosh:

I will patiently await your answers - no problem.  You've been great here, and I felt that it would be a good exercise for me and maybe even a bit helpful for you and others to see a boiled down version of "just the facts."  I've probably missed a bunch of things, but I even named a street or motel wherever you had.  Any corrections or additions to the distilled narrative would advance this synopsis, which as I say, you also might find helpful.  If it meets with your approval, it would be a framework for plugging in details.  Please let me know at least if you think the synopsis is a valid starting point for this thread.

Tim

I think it would be a good starting place. However there are some rough parts that I think needs to be fleshed out and perhaps detailed a little. Over all its a good start.. I'll get back with you and work with you on that. I can now see where you obtained some of the information you have. It does need some clearification and expansion... but that can wait until next week... You might like to get with Larry and compare notes. I think that might help the forum members better understand why we are doing this......

Also, further work needs to be done on the south knoll picture. It has been said, by the athorites that I was not at that location in the Plaza that day ( I can prove by other sources currently employed with the Dallas P.D that I was in Dallas at least by 8A.M not far from Dallas Love Field. I call this my ace in the hole when the picture is confirmed and will explain this to you at a later date.

I have detailed this location to various law enforcement and private investigators for over 40 years, long before the picture ever surfaced. The fact that someone is there at that location would go a long way toward proving a federal cover-up on the "Abort Team" I can't figure why this is such a hard task.. to get law enforce or the private sector for that matter to use modern tech. and prove or dis prove if two people are there. I think Dallas P.D. should do it.. just for the record. I know damn well the FBI will not touch it. Tosh..

The following is my synopsis of Tosh Plumlee's story about his involvement in the assassination in Dallas.  If I have missed any particulars, please post them so that we can have a complete, but distilled version of the story.

Tosh Plumlee was a Military/CIA covert operative pilot who "knew John Roselli rather well."  They first met in late 1960 or early 1961 at Biscayne Park, after coming to the park from "a meeting place called Sloppy Joe's."  They were introduced by Johnny Farantello.  Plumlee later says "Farentino" (as opposed to "Farantello") "was maybe Frank Sturgis or whoever."  During 1963, Tosh flew Roselli "perhaps more than 6 or 7 different occasions, to such destinations as Marathon Key, Bimini, Havana, New Orleans, Houston, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Santa Barbara.

Beginning November 21, 1963 Tosh has asserted that he was a co-pilot on a top secret flight aboard a DC-3 supported by the CIA. The pilot was Emmanuel Rojas.  Mr. Plumlee's flight left Florida on November 21, 1963, traveling from a "place called Lantana" in West Palm Beach to Tampa, where Roselli ("the Colonel") was picked up after staying at the Congress Inn.  The plane then flew to New Orleans, where two people got off and three got on.  After flying to Houston International and spending the night at the Hilton, the plane and its occupants continued on to Garland, where they had to stop "because of weather."  John Roselli and two others deplaned in Garland at approximately 6:30 a.m.  After waiting for a car to pick up the three, the plane continued on to Redbird Airport in Dallas, where everybody got off and "went their own way."

Plumlee was under the "impression" at that time that he was "flying a team into Dallas to abort the assassination and John Roselli was on board that flight as well as a couple of other Cubans and people that were connected with organized crime in New Orleans."  The CIA's information about the assassination arose from the interrogations of Cubans who had plotted to fire on Air Force One with a bazooka on November 17 in West Palm Beach.  At the briefing at Loxahatchee, it was "discussed where to go, how to abort, and what to look for."  They concluded that they "would probably be looking for a minimum of 19 or 20 people that would be in that Plaza."  The "instructions came through ... Robert Bennett and also Rex Beardsley." 

Plumlee and "Sergio," a man Plumlee describes as "a friend" but has declined to identify, were taken to a "safe house" next to the Oak Cliff Country Club on Zang Blvd., then driven to Dealey Plaza, where they attempted to spot potential assassins from their position on the South Knoll.  Plumlee's original information was that "the attempt was going to be made outside the Adolphus Hotel. And for whatever reasons, it was changed at the last minute to the Dealey Plaza."

Sergio and Plumlee were attempting to evaluate the most logical places where shooters would be located, but "everything was all messed up, timing was off, people were not in... where they were supposed to be, the limited radio contacts that we had were not working." Plumlee had the impression of "4 or 5" shots, with one being fired from behind and to his left on the South Knoll.  While leaving via the train tracks Plumlee smelled gunpowder.  Plumlee didn't see Roselli or Nicoletti in Dealey Plaza, and hasn't provided the identity of any other person present except to identify the dark complected man standing next to the man with an umbrella as looking like "Gator," who was missing a right hand finger from a bad alligator farm incident.

They "stopped in the parking lot at Ed McLemore's [sportatorium] and the driver had an extra change of clothes for both of us." They returned to the safe house, then to Redbird, where they "waited for two other people for about an hour maybe an hour and a half" and then left. Plumlee had thought that Roselli was one of the people they were waiting for, but Roselli did not return and the plane departed "pretty close to 2 o'clock."  On the plane were Plumlee, Rojas, Sergio, "a person by the name of Gator, and two other individuals that I didn't know." 

The people on the flight out of Dallas were very quiet.  Plumlee's interpretation of this is that "if these had been shooters or assassins themselves, I think they would have been very excited because they had carried it off. That's why I take issue with the fact that I ... CIA had anything to do with flying an attack team in."

Plumlee would later claim that he had known Oswald, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Oahu's Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house run by Alpha 66's Hernandez, out of Miami.

The debriefing was held in West Palm Beach by Rex Beardsley, Bob Bennett and Tracy Barnes, and according to Plumlee, "transmitted to field HQ, Miami to Bill Harvey, JMWAVE HQ., November 25, 1963."  Although Harvey was replaced in January, 1963 by Desmond Fitzgerald, he continued to have involvement with JMWAVE through April and didn't leave for his new post in Rome until after a public farewell lunch in D.C. with Roselli in June, 1963.

Questions

1.  What was the occasion of being "told by Tracy Barnes, John Martino, William 'Wild Bill' Harvey, and John Roselli shortly after the assassination, that David [Morales] was in Miami."?  If that conversation addressed Morales' absence from Dallas, what was said about Tracy Barnes or others?

2.  If you "discussed where to go, how to abort, and what to look for" and were told you "would probably be looking for a minimum of 19 or 20 people that would be in that Plaza," wouldn't that briefing have included some names of who to look for in the Plaza?  You have ruled out the photos of Bosch and Robertson; are there any of the look-alike identifications that you support, such as Hemming, McCord, Novo, Barnes or Conein?

Edited by Tim Carroll