The Education Forum

John Pic: Hunter of subversives

Greg Parker

Interesting information. Is John Pic still alive? Is it true that Pic had an affair with Marina Oswald?

Did you know that in 1978 the US Defense Department acknowledged that it had once carried out an investigation of Pic, but did not say why?

Never heard the claim about Pic and Marina. I do recall something about Robert and either Marina or Ruth Paine...

My mistake. I am mixing Pic up with Robert. Does anyone remember who made the claim?

Let's throw in Horace Twiford. How did he avoid being rounded up in the Great PSU Subversive Hunt? Over 1500 people lost their jobs... most with no direct involvement in leftist politics (beyond unionism) -- unlike Twiford.

That does suggest he was a FBI informant. I believe William Sullivan once told Hoover that there were more FBI spies in communist front groups than there were communists.

QUOTE(Greg Parker @ Oct 24 2004, 06:19 AM)

QUOTE(John Simkin @ Oct 23 2004, 11:11 AM)

Interesting information. Is John Pic still alive? Is it true that Pic had an affair with Marina Oswald?

Did you know that in 1978 the US Defense Department acknowledged that it had once carried out an investigation of Pic, but did not say why?

Never heard the claim about Pic and Marina. I do recall something about Robert and either Marina or Ruth Paine...

My mistake. I am mixing Pic up with Robert. Does anyone remember who made the claim?

The claim has been made by many. Including Jim Martin, Business manager of Marina Prusakova Oswald, and a few other researchers. See posting of letter of J Martin by Gibson Vendettuoli.

I have information on a John E. Pic living in Lynn Haven Florida (near Panama City FL). However, I believe this could be our John E Pic's son, since I gather from my data that the John E. Pic I found is roughly 50 or 52 years old. There is also another John E Pic with no further information available living in Florida.

The claim has been made by many. Including Jim Martin, Business manager of Marina Prusakova Oswald, and a few other researchers. See posting of letter of J Martin by Gibson Vendettuoli.

Antti, I personally don't think it means terribly much, true or not.

I have information on a John E. Pic living in Lynn Haven Florida (near Panama City FL). However, I believe this could be our John E Pic's son, since I gather from my data that the John E. Pic I found is roughly 50 or 52 years old. There is also another John E Pic with no further information available living in Florida.

Pic's son would be 52 now. Pic himself would be 72. Good chance you've got the right guy. Great detective work!

Any plans to contact him? As you may guess, I have a question or three I'd like to put to him about his work in the PSU hunting subversives, about his work in human radiation expreiments later for the USAF, and last but definitely not least, about the medical "conversation" he had with Marina... and about claiming mileage for what was said to be just a family reunion. Yep. Just a few short questions...

Greg Parker Posted Today, 12:41 PM

Antti, I personally don't think it means terribly much, true or not.

Pic's son would be 52 now. Pic himself would be 72. Good chance you've got the right guy. Great detective work!

Any plans to contact him? As you may guess, I have a question or three I'd like to put to him about his work in the PSU hunting subversives, about his work in human radiation expreiments later for the USAF, and last but definitely not least, about the medical "conversation" he had with Marina... and about claiming mileage for what was said to be just a family reunion. Yep. Just a few short questions...

Greg;

Yes you are right about the fact that the alleged affair is probably not significant. Nevertheless, I thought I'd answer John Simkin's question.

I have been in touch with a fellow researcher or two, about contacting various individuals in the US with first or second hand information about the case. Due to various reasons there have been no successes thus far.

In case there is anyone on this forum who is up to doing research/detective work in the US or making phone calls etc. to the US, I can provide the contact data I have dug up (Can do more too). Unfortunately I can not engage in the calling or visiting at this time. PM me for details.

Greg;

Yes you are right about the fact that the alleged affair is probably not significant. Nevertheless, I thought I'd answer John Simkin's question.

Understood Antti.

If, as John had thought, it was Pic and Marina, I'd be more inclined to suspicion. Though Robert may have had some knowledge of what his brothers did in their spare time :angry: , I doubt he himself was a player. Pic and Marina were players, though I think it highly unlikely this extended to the assassination.

As it stands, I'd just put any liason betwee Robert and Marina down to human nature, circumstance and opportunity.