The Education Forum

The MEDIAtion of the RFK's Son and Daughter &Charlie Rose Interview: Has The Erasing Begun Already?

The significance of this interview cannot be overstated in terms of how much attention it deserves.

Yet it is already being institutionally forgotten, as corporations work their way on collective memory, 49 years after an unacknowledged Coup D'etat.

"Gee that's funny. This NBC /US NEWS TEXT does not seem to mention RFK' Jr.s direct rebuttal to Charlie Rose, when be brought up the CIA after Rose pushed the Mafia bullxxxx. What a shock. UM THIS WAS ONLY THE FIRST TIME IN WIDE OPEN FORUM THAT THE KENNEDY FAMILY HAS STATED THEIR BELIEF IN CONSPIRACY, AND NBC CENSORS THE LIL BIT ABOUT THE CIA. Did ya miss it? Too busy viewing the body of Bin Laden in Zero Dark Thirty?" http://usnews.nbcnew...one-gunman?lite

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. Nathaniel - are you saying that the article edited the interview, leaving out something RFK junior said about the CIA and misreported the exchange mentioning the mafia?

"Gee that's funny. This NBC /US NEWS TEXT does not seem to mention RFK' Jr.s direct rebuttal to Charlie Rose, when be brought up the CIA after Rose pushed the Mafia bullxxxx. What a shock. UM THIS WAS ONLY THE FIRST TIME IN WIDE OPEN FORUM THAT THE KENNEDY FAMILY HAS STATED THEIR BELIEF IN CONSPIRACY, AND NBC CENSORS THE LIL BIT ABOUT THE CIA. Did ya miss it? Too busy viewing the body of Bin Laden in Zero Dark Thirty?" http://usnews.nbcnew...one-gunman?lite

Truth is the daughter of time, per the ancient Roman himself.

It will take time for NBC & similar large corporations

to formulate a response.

Don't expect one until November.

I have a feeling RFK Jrs. wishes will not be denied

in the long run.

I'm confused. Nathaniel - are you saying that the article edited the interview, leaving out something RFK junior said about the CIA and misreported the exchange mentioning the mafia?

Paul, look at this article from the Dallas Morning News' original "strict reporting" article on the talk

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said his father was concerned enough about the accuracy of the Warren Report that he had Justice Department investigators look into allegations the assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, had received aid from the Mafia, the CIA or other organizations."

Note the word sequence and pairing of the CIA with "or other organizations."

Now lets look at the actual on stage interview fragment, or all that we have available right now, this time wedged into an Opinion Blog titled "

What to make of RFK Jr’s conspiracy view of the JFK assassination

Just what was new was hard to figure. Kennedy told so many stories that melted together, about his father, his uncle, his family, his upbringing. You had the feeling that moderator Charlie Rose was itching to gently touch that Dallas touchstone of Nov. 22, 1963, and he finally got there nearly halfway into the 95-minute interview with Kennedy and his sister Rory.

Bottom line, Kennedy said, his father thought the Warren Report was a “shoddy piece of craftsmanship”(a line that got immediate applause by the opera house crowd) and he himself doesn’t buy the lone gunman theory.

(Updated) RFK Jr.s assassination narrative began with an anecdote about his dad seeing New Orleans DA Jim Garrison’s photo on a newsstand and asking an aide if there was anything to Garrison’s theories about the CIA, Cuba and Mafia in his brother’s killing.

RFK Jr. said his dad was told that Garrison was on to something, but “the specifics of Garrison’s investigation went on the wrong track, but he thought there was a link …”

Kennedy said his dad put investigators on it. When they examined Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald’s phone records, and they saw what was essentially “an inventory of the Mafia leaders that they had been investigating for the past two years” at the Justice Department.

KENNEDY: I think my father was fairly convinced at the end of that that there had been involvement by somebody …

ROSE: Organized crime, Cubans …

KENNEDY: Or rogue CIA"

Some have already made some key observation on this "Opinion Blog's" mastication of the record. This could make one of the best examles ever for teaching critical reading to the young and middle aged, should the original tarmac... I mean transcript [from which this corporate flight of fancy took off] ever be made available on our Extremely dEMOCRATIC Internet.

For starters, note how Catholicism is mentioned twice when discussing who held positive views of JFK and the Unspeakable. No mention of Fathers Ray McGovern, Daniel Ellsberg, --Marcus Raskin top aid to Cardinal McGeorge Bundy, in the Kennedy Papacy-- John Perkins, author of the well-known-by- someone under 50 Friar John Perkins, author of Confessions To A Jesuit Hitman-Accountant- or that eminence Grecian from that redoubt of Catholic Orthodoxy, Princeton University in the Papal Lands known to the excommunicated as New Jersey.

Let us all now pray thanks to The Dallas Morning New for protecting us from those outlandish Jesuit Conspiracy Theorists who can really mess up a seasonable November picnic, given half a knoll.

Will Father Billy James Hargis be present at the Potemkin-Floor Museum this November?

Jim DiEugenio writes:

"What is a disgrace is that the interview itself is not on the web in its entirety."

If this is accurate-- that a simple search for the interview cannot locate it-- and this situation is still the case....

What a coincidence! Is there anything else in the history of human consciousness and Un that is not on the internet?

It would be interesting to note just when this interview does manage to make it through World Wide Web-Delay.

It might be good to copy and save Google listings and Yahoo listings with times, dates, and locations of listing, searches used etc. times of searches and dates etc.

Googlers also might want to use what words they used for their search and the number of different types of key search words.

Gary Mack sent this email:

Link did not open for me.

The Rose-Kennedys interview was recorded for possible future use

on either CBS or PBS (Rose works for both).

It was a public event open to anyone and plenty of seats

were available right up to the day of the program. The local TV, radio and print media covered the event extensively, including follow-up stories.

Did you see this one?http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/robert-f-kennedy-jr-creates-a-story-with-legs-by-offering-pro-conspiracy-views-on-his-uncles-1963-assassination-in-dealey-plaza.html/

Gary

Story with legs? Where? In the beltway between Dallas and Fort Worth.

The example I posted was a national media example. It didn't bury the lead it tri-latterally cross-fired it, perhaps with badges.

I have not had time to look a the other national links, but the example of the Dallas Morning News Blog choosing Northern Peninsula Man over Ray McGovern, Daniel Ellsberg, Marcus Raskin, John Perkins and a famous professor from Princeton is kind of indicative, no?

The fact that a transcript or the entire program is not available is a story itself, and when a correct transcript if released it will be a story again, and when the program is aired on network it will be a story again, and we are still talking about it and elsewhere (see; Cyril Wecht's remarks) so how does the story not have legs?

It's not going to go away.

I know I shouldn't be so surprised at this obfuscation. But I am. If the JFK CT community ever needing honest reporting on anything it was this interview. The reason I asked the question in my first response to Nathaniel's posting is that when I spent some time googling I could find no reference to the CIA or other organizations. All the articles appeared to have the same deliberately incomplete source. So thank you for posting a more complete quote. Finally a member of the Kennedy family says something - their collective silence has been deafening. Do you think RFK jr would consider being the front person for this community in a lobbying effort with the Obama administration to finally release the balance of the unreleased documents pertaining to the assassinations of the 60's?

Here is another big, national media article covering the Dallas talk.

Salamander-- Check

Mob -- Check

CIA-- Nope

Remember it was Rose who pushed the Mob angle in a front loaded QUESTION. RFK said CIA in the ANSWER. But look how that is "woven in"

Some people are parading their lack of surprise. The point is not whether we are surprised. The point is this is "USSR airbrush moment" in so far as teaching about the media. It is also the perfect negative template.

This censorship is a huge story if one can-- for one second-- escape the "I already know that" and see the assassination POLITICALLY, i.e. realistically, in terms of how it effects history. Huge.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/12/rfk-jr-evidence-very-convincing-lone-gunman-did-not-kill-jfk/

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/12/rfk-jr-evidence-very-convincing-lone-gunman-did-not-kill-jfk/

“Mankiewicz investigated it and he said, Garrison was on the wrong track, the specifics of Garrison’s investigation were on the wrong track...”

Uh huh. But:

“RFK Jr. said that his father “was fairly convinced at the end of that that there had been involvement by somebody,” to which Rose replied, “Organized crime, Cubans?”

“Or rogue CIA,” RFK Jr. said.”

Well, Garrison was looking at the CIA, so what was “wrong” about his “track”? (I’d love to know what “specifics” Mank was talking about: Clinton, Banister/Ferrie...?)

““643 were put in jail,” including infamous Mafia chieftain Joseph Valachi.” Bull. Valachi was a “soldier”, one step up from a street thug. His original boss/sponsor was Thomas Lucchese, who came up with Luciano in the twenties. He is “infamous” because he testified publicly about internal mob life for the first time, including the ceremony inducting an individual as a “made” member. The author (RFK Jr.?) is probably referring to Vito Genovese who became a boss after he arranged an attack on Frank Costello. Costello survived but “retired” allowing Genovese to take over. Genovese and Valachi were both incarcerated at Atlanta Federal Penitentiary at the same time.

Good old ACCURATE American media!

Not very surprisingly, this right wing site does not mention the RFK Jr. quote of the CIA either. Surprisingly, somewhat, it was very high up on the google ratings. Note how this site not only eliminates the CIA from the quote but also eliminates it from all US history.

Does anyone know if this Breitbart site was bought by a vast media outlet?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/12/RFK-Jr-Second-Gunman-Involved-In-JFK-Assassination

Reports of the Huffington Divorce remain vastly overstated.

This classic left-gatekeeping site helps the right more than anything else by pouring water on the major powder kegs in exchange for hot-house exotica leftism that makes everyone want to punch them because they sound crunchy and talk funny.

As expected, no CIA but yes Salamader in Ariana's Huffington hothouse Mcleftist site.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/12/assassination-of-jfk_n_2463184.html

Jim Schutze, the Get Off My Lawn Dallas Observer blogger, keeps this in the news, and gives it some new legs, but after interviewing him a couple of times, how can he get Groden's name wrong as well as make COPA an anagram - The Committee On Presidential Assassinations. Which makes me recall the guy who sent us a donation check made out to the Committee for Political Assassinations.

And why don't they correct those things, since all they have to do is go in and edit the thing - one of the benefits of the internet is you can change what's up there, why not make such corrections?

Also see John Judge's response.

JFKCountercoup2: Dear RFK, Jr. From Dallas

If RFK Jr. is Skeptical of the Warren Report, He Should Help His Fellow Skeptics Fight Dallas - Dallas - News - Unfair Park