The Education Forum

Merv Adelson, the once powerful producer, talks about his mafia ties

Merv Adelson, the once powerful producer, finally talks about the greatest mystery of his career—his Mafia ties.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/03/tv-producer-merv-adelson-las-vegas-mob

Two excerpts from the article:

In [Moe] Dalitz’s long life he was never convicted of a single crime. But his biographers, not to mention the F.B.I., consider him one of the most successful American mafiosi of the 20th century. Not long before his death, in 1989, Lansky himself told an interviewer that he envied Dalitz as much as any of his criminal peers, for the simple reason, he said, that “Moe got to go legit.

Of all his friends, though, the one constant was Dalitz. “I had read the same things everyone else had read about Moe,” Adelson goes on. “I knew people would say things about me being his partner. I just didn’t care. My conclusion was that Moe was a rumrunner during Prohibition, which he was. That’s all I thought he was. He appeared before Senate committees and the like, sure. But he had never been arrested, much less convicted. He was a rumrunner. So was Jack Kennedy’s father. In fact, Moe told me they were good friends.”

Guest Robert Morrow

" But he had never been arrested, much less convicted. He was a rumrunner. So was Jack Kennedy’s father. In fact, Moe told me they were good friends.”

I can easily believe that.