The Education Forum

Poll: Jeb Bush was involved in the conspiracy to kill Barry Seal.

Guest Robert Morrow

The lack of credible evidence that it is true. For example he ran succesfully for re-election in 2002 but the Dems didn't bring it up

The biggest and most epic scandals are bipartisan, Republican/Democrat at the highest levels: the JFK assassination involving Democrat Lyndon Johnson and a bunch of Republican leaning Texas oil men and foreign policy hawks is a prime example. Bush/Clinton CIA drug smuggling of the 1980's is another prime example.

Why is a Democrat opponent of Jeb Bush going to bring up Iran-Contra, CIA drug smuggling and the murder of Barry Seal when he will get this thrown back in his face?:

L.D. Brown: "Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation" L.D. Brown for a time in the 1980's was Bill Clinton's favorite Arkansas state trooper and Bill Clinton helped him get into the C.I.A.

Barry Seal was L.D. Brown’s CIA handler

Bill was loving every minute of living this association with the C.I.A. through me. Just as he enjoyed the womanizing, going to the bars and doing his best to dribble a basketball like one of the guys, he was getting his vicarious jollies through yet another source. But by using the C.I.A. and me, he would push my ability to follow orders to the breaking point - and destroy our friendship. [...]

Barry Seal was a crazy man. He was also everything Dan Magruder [Donald Gregg, an aide to GHW Bush] was not. Happy-go-lucky, irreverent and loud, Seal telephoned me and told me he was the man I was told would call me. It was the mid-1980's and with the decadence of that time and the free-flowing cocaine, Cajun's Wharf was a hangout for the bond daddies such as Lasater and company. [...]

[L.D. Brown, "Crossfire," pp.102-103]

The first words out of Seal's mouth, "How's the Guv?" reminded me of Magruder's apparent familiarity with Bill. An overweight, jovial, almost slap-happy man as my contact with C.I.A. was not exactly what I expected. Seal, too, knew everything about me. He focused on my D.E.A. training as Magruder had done in Dallas.

[L.D. Brown, "Crossfire," pp.104]

"Seal reached back to open the duffel bag in the back. He removed a manila envelope identical to the one he had given me after the first trip. I knew what was in the envelope but there was something else. He reached deeper in the bag and gave me the shock of my life.

Seal's face had a sly, smirkly, almost proud look as he removed a waxed paper-wrapped taped brick-shaped package from the bag. I immediately recognized it as identical to bricks of cocaine from my days in narcotics. I didn't know what to think and began demanding to know what was going on. I cursed, ranted and raved and I believe I actually caused Seal to wonder if I might pull a gun and arrest him. Seal threw up his hands and tried to calm me down saying everything was all right and quickly exited my car. He removed the bag from the bag and hustled back toward the plane.

I at once felt a sense of panic and relief that Seal was gone. Had he left something in the car? Was I about to be surrounded by the police? Wait a minute I was the police and furthermore this was an operation sanctioned by the C.I.A and I was recruited by them - and by Bill Clinton. [...] I would become furious with Bill for shepherding me through this mess, indeed for getting me involved. I would then as quickly think of explaining it all away as a 'sting' operation designed to trap the people on the other end of our flight who maybe had sold drugs to Seal. [...]

[L.D. Brown, "Crossfire," pp.113-114]

The tension was building up inside me as I saw Bill coming out the back door. I was getting mad all over again as I got out of my car and he strode over to me. It was the first time we talked since the trip, the trip he knew I was going to take. His mouth opened and the words "You having fun yet?" were already forming on his lips when I burst out, "Do you know what they are bringing back on those airplanes?" He immediately threw up his hands in a halting fashion and took a couple of steps back. I know he thought he was in danger of receiving a class A state police ass-whipping. My hopes of an innocent explanation to the whole sordid affair were dashed with the now-famous line, "That's Lasater's deal! That's Lasater's deal!" he whined as if he had just taken a tongue lashing by Hillary. "And your buddy [Vice President George Herbert Walker] Bush knows about it!"

Bill had done to me what I had seen him to do so many other people. I, too, had now been used and severely betrayed. I immediately ran to Becky, who lived in a small house on the mansion grounds. I told her of the incident and cried with the pain it caused me.

[L.D. Brown, "Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation, p. 116]

But I was not done with the C.I.A. In early 1985, I received a telephone call from a man at the Mansion who identified himself as Felix Rodriguez. A man who claimed he was Barry Seal's boss. He asked if he could come to Arkansas and meet me and I agreed. Could it have been that Seal was doing drug transports on his own? I was more curious than anything else and had to find out. Rodriguez was the man to tell me.

Felix Rodriguez is a Cuban-American with a long history of intelligence work. He had telephoned me at the Mansion and wanted to meet me there in the parking lot. When he arrived, he drove in the back gate as if he had been there before. We sat in his rental car and shook hands. Felix was a polished, articulate man and it was obvious he did not like Seal. He had already been told by someone about my experiences with Seal and was obviously upset with what Seal had done. I am still puzzled over how Rodriguez found out about the incident. When I telephoned C.I.A. personnel in Dallas I never mentioned what had happened with Seal. It must have come from Bill through whomever his contact at the Agency was. Rodriguez made me feel comfortable. He had C.I.A. credentials which he showed me. "Don't worry about him. We'll take care of him," is how he assured me of the 'problem' with Seal. Indeed Seal would die a violent death a year later- at the hands of whom is still a point of controversy in some circles.

[L.D. Brown, "Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation, p. 118]

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

L.D. Brown was Bill Clinton's favorite state trooper and one of his closest friends and who Bill Clinton got into the CIA in the 1980's. In fact Bill Clinton helped him write his essay on why he wanted into the CIA.

Brown's book: "Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation" and it came out in 1999, just after the time Clinton survived impeachment.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=l.d. brown

"L. D. Brown has been a witness to almost all of the alleged offenses circling around Bill Clinton in Arkansas: misuse of state funds for sexual liasons, Whitewater, illegal campaign fundraising and bribery, as well as cocaine use and cocaine smuggling. Through his cooperation with prosecutors and congressional investigators, Brown has learned the inside story on Robert Fiske's and Kenneth Starr's operations and on congressional hearings. But most of all, L. D. Brown can tell the story of the methods used by the Clinton White House to control potentially damaging witnesses. Most of what is written in this book has been told under the penalty of perjury to investigators for Congress and the Office of Independent Counsel. Documentation for many events has been included in an appendix. However incredible as some details may seem, they are backed up by evidence including recent disclosures confirming an incident involving Brown in England."

"L. D. Brown started his career in law enforcement as a guard at the notorious Tucker prison in Arkansas. In the Arkansas State Police he was assigned to the security detail of then-Governor Bill Clinton. Brown developed a close friendship with Clinton that would last for years. Clinton helped Brown gain admission to the Central Intelligence Agency where he witnessed cocaine smuggling that led to his breakup with Clinton. After leaving the C.I.A. and the Arkansas State Police, Brown earned a Ph.D. degree and now operates a consulting firm in Little Rock, Arkansas. A father of four and married in his fourteenth year to wife Becky, Brown is a fellow of the American Political Science Association and a member of the British Political Science Association."

Edited by Robert Morrow

• Doesn't this guy have a 1st and middle name or was he only given two initials? (sorta like J.R. "Johnny" Cash).
    Where did he supposedly get his degrees from? What is the name of his supposed company? // END COLBY
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    CALL HIM
    WhitePagesGoesGreen.org - Yellow Pages Goes Green
    www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/whitepages/state/KS/.../Arkansas.../LCached
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo2 days ago - L ACKERMAN - Cowley, Arkansas City - (ZIP : 67005); Phone : 6204423127; ... L D BROWN - Cowley, Arkansas City - (ZIP : 67005); Phone : 6204426943; ...
  • ===================================
  • BTW
    http://prorevnews.bl...o-republic.html

Edited by Steven Gaal

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Bibliography on governmental and CIA drug smuggling and related criminal activities:

1) Powerburns: Cocaine, Contras & the Drug War by former DEA agent Celerino Castillo, III (2010)

2) Dark Alliance by Gary Webb (1999)

3) Barry and the Boys: the CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History by Daniel Hopsicker (2006, written in 2001, lawsuits delayed it for 5 years. Extremely important book.)

4) Whiteout by Alexander Cockburn (1999)

5) Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies and the CIA in Central America by Peter Dale Scott and

Jonathon Marshall (1998)

6) Lost History: Contras, Cocaine, the Press & ‘Project Truth’ by Robert Parry (1999)

7) The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider by Al Martin (2000)

8) The Big White Lie: The Deep Cover Operation That Exposed the CIA Sabotage of the Drug War: An Undercover Odyssey by Michael Levine and Laura Kavanau-Levine (2012)

9) The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade by Alfred W. McCoy (1972 and republished 2003)

10) Out of Control: The Story of the Reagan Administration’s Secret War in Nicaragua, the Illegal Arms Pipeline, and the Contra Drug Connection by Leslie Cockburn (1987)

11) Blue Thunder: How the Mafia Owned and Finally Murdered Cigarette Boat King Donald Aronov by Thomas Burdick and Charlene Mitchell (1990)

12) The Mafia, CIA, & George Bush by Pete Brewton (1992)

13) Called to Serve by James “Bo” Gritz (1991)

14) Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation by L.D. Brown (1997)

15) The Secret Life of Bill Clinton: The Unreported Stories by Ambrose Evans Pritchard (1

16) American Desperado: My Life - From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset by Jon Roberts & Evan Wright (2012)

17) Cocaine, Death Squads, and the War on Terror: U.S. Imperialism and Class Struggle in Colombia by Oliver Villar and Drew Cottle (2011)

18) The Crimes of Patriots: A True Tale of Dope, Dirty Money, and the CIA by Jonathan Kwitney (1987)

19) The Politics of Cocaine: How U.S. Foreign Policy Has Created a Thriving Drug Industry in Central and South America by William L. Marcy (2010)

20) How to Get Away with Murder in America: Drug Lords, Dirty Pols, Obsessed Cops, and the Quiet Man Who Became the CIA’s Master Killer by Evan Wright (2012)

21) Defrauding America: Encyclopedia of Secret Operations by the CIA, DEA, and other Covert Agencies (third edition) by Rodney Stich (1998)

22) Drugging America: A Trojan Horse (second edition) by Rodney Stich (2005)

23) The New Clinton Chronicles (YouTube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtNoLxvkKGY

24) Conspiracy – The Secret History: The Secret Heartbeat of America, the CIA and Drugs by Daniel Hopsicker (2004)

25) Kill the Messenger: How the CIA’s Crack-Cocaine Controversy Destroyed Journalist Gary Webb by Nick Schou (2006)

26) Dope, Inc: The Book That Drove Henry Kissinger Crazy by Executive Intelligence Review (1992)

27) Disavow: A CIA Saga of Betrayal by Rodney Stich

28) Welcome to Terrorland: Mohamed Atta & the 9-11 Cover-Up in Florida by Daniel Hopsicker (2005)

29) Opium, Empire and the Global Political Economy: A Study of the Asian Opium Trade 1750-1950 by Carl Trocki (1999)

30) The Boys on the Tracks: Death, Denial, and a Mother’s Crusade to Bring Her Son’s Killers to Justice by Mara Leveritt (1999)

Bibliography of Books about the Darker Side of the Bushes

1. Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America by Russ Baker (2008)
  2. The Immaculate Deception: Bush Crime Family Exposed by Russell S. Bowen (1991)
  3. George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography by Webster Griffin Tarpley (2004)
  4. Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President by J.H. Hatfield (2002)
  5. Bushwhacked: Inside Stories of True Conspiracy by Uri Dowbenko (2003)
  6. The Two Faces of George Bush by Anthony C. Sutton (1988)
  7. American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush by Kevin Phillips
  8. The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty by Kitty Kelley (2004)
  9. The Bush Junta: A Field Guide to Corruption in Government by Mack White & Gary Groth (2005)
  10. October Surprise by Barbara Honegger (1989)
  11. October Surprise by Gary Sick (1992)
  12. Trick or Treason: The October Surprise by Robert Parry (1993)
  13. The Complete and ExtraOrdinary History of the October Surprise by Brian Joseph (2009)
  14. The October Surprise X-Files: The Hidden Origins of the Reagan-Bush Era by Robert Parry
  15. Bush’s Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential by James Moore and Wayne Slater (2004)
  16. Jeb: America’s Next Bush by S.V. Date

Books by some of the perps in Iran-Contra who were running gargantuan amounts of drugs into the USA, committing financial crime, & murdering people to cover it up, etc. Somehow they forgot to put that in their books.

1) Under Fire: An American Story – Oliver L. North with William Novak (1992)

2) Honored and Betrayed: Irangate, Covert Affairs, and the Secret War in Laos by Richard Secord (1992)

3) Shadow Warrior: The CIA Hero of Hundred Unknown Battles by Felix I. Rodriguez (1989)

4) Spymaster: My Life in the CIA by Ted Shackley (2006)

5) A Spy for All Seasons: My Life in the CIA by Duane R. Clarridge

Question: If you truly have character, do you really have to have books written by and about you pertaining to “character” and “integrity?”

1) George Bush: Man of Integrity by Doug Wead (1988)

2) Profiles in Character by Jeb Bush and Brian Yablonski (1996)

Final note: Doug Wead is a nice man but he allowed the Bushes to use him and his Christian credentials like a roll of toilet paper. I wonder if Doug Wead today (2013) fully understands the depravity of the people he was promoting for all those years, and particularly how GHW Bush & Jeb Bush have conducted their lives.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Robert Morrow ,PLEASE ADD

The Strenght of The Wolf (The Secret History Of America's War on Drugs)

Douglas Valentine, 2004

Ruby FBN per Valentine informer. (now that brings me to another Book by PD Scott Deep Politics and the Death of JFK 1996 were Scott's theorizes from cryptic notes of George White that Ruby was recruited by the government after a mob hit).

Ruby showed a film of a drug transaction at the Mexican border. Now who makes films like this ??? Mafia (no) ,FBN (YES).

Edited by Steven Gaal

Robert,

Thanks for the nice list.

I would certainly add Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA, by Terry Reed and John Cummings. It is a very good book.

And if you want your list to be comprehensive, even False Flag 9/11, by Philip Marshall has a few relevant bits. Philip Marshall was operationally involved in the whole Mena affair and knew Barry Seal. He also points out how many of the same characters show up in both the Contra drug running and the 9/11 op.

I have been flipping through "The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider", by Al Martin. It has a lot of references to Jeb Bush. I have yet to read most of the book, but given that Jeb is on the fast track to the presidential nomination, it may be worth some extra attention.

This list is a nice start. It really is amazing the quantity of information available on these topics. What we really need are some good comic book versions of this corruption so that the mainstream press can get up to speed on this topic.

Best,

Mark

Robert, have you actually read all those books? I ask because I saw a video of an interview with you in your home in which you admitted you had not read many of the books and not watched many of the videos you had.

Robert, have you actually read all those books? I ask because I saw a video of an interview with you in your home in which you admitted you had not read many of the books and not watched many of the videos you had.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OH , Mr. Colby Ive read more than 25 of the above listed books.......and you Mr. Colby have read , WHAT 2 or less ......? less ???

Yes you jest in a thread 'Error in your ways ' ..........BUT THERE IS ERROR IN YOUR WAYS>>>>>>>

Edited by Steven Gaal

Steve you may have, as you claimed, read those books but you have repeatedly demonstrated problems understanding what you've read as well as memory issues, speaking of which have your heard back from any of Noguchi's associates?