The Education Forum

Year 2013 books relating to the JFK Assassination

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Here are some books that are coming out that relate to the JFK assassination or the history and politics of the era: NOTE: I MIXED UP THE PUBLISHERS WITH THE WRONG AUTHORS, HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO FIX IT YET ...

Need to Know: Inside the Warren Commission Max Holland 2013

JFK-The Final Solution Fascism Dawn Phase (Red Scares, White Power, Blue Death) John Bevilaqua 2013

21st Century Political Press The Secret History of the United States: Conspiracies, Cobwebs, and Lies Peter Kross 2013

Adventures Unlimited Press I Saw President Kennedy Die John Polcaro 2013

Amazon Digital Services I Heard JFK's Deathshots Joseph Carter 2013

Amazon Digital Services For Sake of Nation Terry Cerata 2013

Amazon Digital Services The Kennedy Half-Century Larry J. Sabato 2013

Bloomsbury The Assassination of JFK (Cornerstones of Freedom, Third Series) Peter Benoit 2013

Children's Press JFK Conspiracy (Timeline in Dallas 1963) Therlee Gipson 2013

CreateSpace Justification for Killing Larry Hunt 2013

CreateSpace Double Life: The JFK Assassinations Pierre Marshesso 2013

CreateSpace The Friendly Assassination Paul Jones 2013

CreateSpace The Next 30 Days: How a Nation Rebuilt in the 30 Days Following the Death of JFK Howard Brinkley 2013

CreateSpace Kennedy Killed Christopher North 2013

Goldstein & Associates The Fifth Assassin Brad Meltzer 2013

Grand Central Publishing Camelot's Court: Inside the Kennedy White House Robert Dallek 2013

Harper John F. Kennedy Michael Burgan 2013

Heinemann Library JFK, Conservative Ira Stoll 2013

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Report of the Citizens' Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Jim Gatewood 2013

Mullaney Corporation JFK in the Senate: Pathway to the Presidency John T. Shaw 2013

Palgrave MacMillan JFK's Last Hundred Days: The Transformation of a Man and the Emergence of a Great President Thurston Clarke 2013

Penguin Press Landslide: Lyndon Johnson, Ronald Reagan, and the Making of Modern American Politics Jonathan Darman 2013

Random House The Rough Guide to Conspiracy Theories James McConnnachie & Robin Tudge 2013

Rough Guides The President Has Been Shot!: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy James L. Swanson 2013 Scholastic Press The Third Bullet: A Bob Lee Swagger Novel Stephen Hunter 2013

Simon and Schuster Who Killed Kennedy Roger Stone 2013

Skyhorse Publishing The Great Game in Cuba: How the CIA Sabotaged Its Own Plot to Unseat Fidel Castro Joan Mellon 2013

Skyhorse Publishing Hit List: An In-Depth Investigtion into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination Richard Belzer & David Wayne 2013

Skyhorse Publishing The Poison Patriarch: How the Betrayals of Joseph P. Kennedy Caused the Assassination of JFK Mark Shaw 2013

Skyhorse Publishing The Man Who Killed Kennedy Roger Stone 2013

Skyhorse Publishing We Were There: Revelations from the Dallas Doctors and Nurses Who Attended to JFK on November 22, 1963 Allen Childs 2013

Skyhorse Publishing Marina and Lee: The Tormented Love and the Fatal Obsession Behind Lee Harvey Oswald's Assassination of John F. Kennedy Priscilla Johnson McMillan & Joseph Finder 2013

Steerforth Mafia Summit: J. Edgar Hoover, the Kennedy Brothers, and the Meeting That Unmasked the Mob Gil Reavill 2013

Thomas Dunne Books Discovering Kennedy: Beyond the Legend: The JFK we Know Today Editors of Time Magazine 2013

Time Rendevous with Death: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy H.R. Underwood 2013 Trafford Publishing Deep Cover, Shallow Graves Tosh Plumlee 2013

Trine Day David Ferrie Judyth Baker 2013

Trine Day Edwin Kaiser's Covert Life: the Phone Book that Links Cuba, Watergate and the JFK Assassination Scott Kaiser 2013

Trine Day A Rose by Many Other Names: The Enigmatic Tale of Rose Cheramie & the JFK Assassination Todd Elliott 2013

Trine Day Dallas 1963: Politics, Treason, and the Assassination of JFK Bill Minutaglio & Steven L. Davis 2013

Twelve End of Days: The Assassination of President Kennedy James L. Swanson 2013

William Morrow Man of a Million Faces:The True Story of Clay Shaw Donald H. Carpenter 2013

Accidental Assassin - Jack Ruby and Four Minutes in Dallas Maurice Carroll 2013

The Address Book: Edwin Kaiser's Covert Life That Links Cuba, the JFK Assassination and Watergate Scott Kaiser 2013

JFK Absolute Proof Robert Groden 2013

Edited by Robert Morrow

What about the University of Virginia professors book. I heard rumors that it is pro-conspiracy, but if it is I can't imagine it being even remotely accurate without the secession of North Virginia.

if this secession succeeds--and I wish it got'speed-- may I suggest The Iranian Helmsmen as the name of their athletic teams?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

I assumed you knew, Jim, that Holland's previous efforts have been but foreplay leading up to his master stroke: a full-on MASSIVE defense of the Warren Commission. He's been talking about it for a decade, long before McKnight's book came out. It was while researching this book, in fact, that he came to the realization the eyewitnesses said the LAST two shots were bunched, and this, then, led him to the totally preposterous belief this was because the first shot was fired before the beginning of the Zapruder film. He's on record, if I'm not mistaken, as even saying that that was the Warren Commission's biggest mistake: that they'd failed to realize the first shot came before the film.

OUCH!!! That's one of the most embarrassing positions ever taken by a supposedly rational, mainstream historian. It's like a Caro, or a Beschloss, saying we needed to drop the bomb on Japan because if we didn't Japan was gonna invade Europe...from the west. It's just nonsense.

Now, that said, I look forward to the book. I leaned much from his book on the assassination tapes, and hope his new book explores a lot of previously unexplored territories--including the Rankin papers and Manchester interviews, so far largely ignored. I'll take Holland's spin on these items with a grain of salt, of course. But look forward to seeing what he came up with.

As for the rest of those books, looks like a haystack--are there any needles?

Edited by Pat Speer

http://www.amazon.com/JFKs-Last-Hundred-Days-Transformation/dp/159420425X/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_14 This one seems to be taking the same strategy as the authors RFK book: an APPARENTLY POSITIVE portrayal that actually is used to sell a lot of untruths and hence cause one more division.

Do I think that it is possible for authors to disagree?

Sure. Just not this late, when so much new material is out there. To pretend that JFK's "change" in 1963 was sudden and without hints is pure bull xxxx, but because it SEEMS to portray JFK in a positive light, it wil be swallowed and the real issue of President v. national security state will be completely ignored, because it is the most important issue of the most important moment of the century. This book will get a LOT of looks. And readers of this forum will do almost nothing to counterbalance this by spreading news about books that are much better.

Four current or former forum members have books on the list.

John Bevilacqua

Joan Mellen

Tosh Plumlee

Scott Kaiser

I think the two biggest challenges--that is, the two books most likely to receive a chorus of "yeah, they've finally proved Oswald acted alone!" from the mainstream media, are Max Holland's book and James Swanson's book. For those not in the know, Swanson's book on the Lincoln assassination was a huge best-seller, and opened the door for O'Reilly's AWFUL but nevertheless best-selling books on Lincoln and Kennedy. Swanson, whose acceptance of Bugliosi's book was made clear during Bugliosi's publicity tour, was offered a MILLION dollar advance, if I recall, to write his almost certainly unnecessary and insulting take on the Kennedy case. So you can bet your last dollar it's going to receive a HUGE push--a push likely to push far more deserving books to the side and out of sight.

Edited by Pat Speer