The Education Forum

Comparing Nix and Zapruder - Jackie's behavior isn't the same

In the best copy of the Nix film that has been released, Jackie's arm extends almost to the end of the trunk of the limo as she retrieves part of JFK's skull. In the best copy of the Zappy film that has been released, she doesn't reach that far back. One explanation for this would be that something has been cut from the Zappy film.

Hi Steven; any links or further information on seeing the new release of Nix...quote ''One explanation for this would be that something has been cut from the Zappy film""No really, naw...you really mean it, welcome to the small group, the everloving CRAPPY ZAPPY Followers, seriously, thank you for this latest information, it is i believe so seldom that any good news as such comes along, i am almost giddy and need a cuppa...thanks again..best b

In the best copy of the Nix film that has been released, Jackie's arm extends almost to the end of the trunk of the limo as she retrieves part of JFK's skull. In the best copy of the Zappy film that has been released, she doesn't reach that far back. One explanation for this would be that something has been cut from the Zappy film.

Why don't you post the relevant images?

It's pointless making this claim, unless you post the evidence to support it :huh:

Edited by Robin Unger

It's pointless making this claim, unless you post the evidence to support it :huh:

This is all about the angles and the kinds of lenses being used at the time. In the Nix frame that Steven posted, Jackie seems closer to Hill, but the limo also looks MUCH shorter than it does in the Zapruder film - I would estimate, about 30-40% shorter. Compare the sizes of the window next to Nellie. Lens distortion can do some very strange things to photographs, especially on these old movie cameras.

Edited by Robert Harris

The point of my posting this observation was to encourage others to look at the original sources and make their own conclusions. The evidence is unmistakable, but that's just my opinion. It's not a good idea to form an opinion based on any secondary source (my cutting up the Nix and Zapruder films and presenting what I think are "the key frames" for inspection, for example) when the primary sources are readily available to anyone who participates in this discussion forum. If someone says they don't see what I see, that's their opinion but so far, nobody's done that....

For convenience' sake, I tried to find the longest extension of Jackie's arm in Nix vs the longest extension of her arm in Zappy's masterpiece and scaled the snippets roughly to the same size. The moving images show a much starker contrast between the relatively short reach in Zappy vs the relatively long reach in Nix.

I just learned that the max upload size prevents me from posting the comparison pictures. You live long enough, you learn everything....

Edited by Steven Kossor

The point of my posting this observation was to encourage others to look at the original sources and make their own conclusions. The evidence is unmistakable, but that's just my opinion. It's not a good idea to form an opinion based on any secondary source (my cutting up the Nix and Zapruder films and presenting what I think are "the key frames" for inspection, for example) when the primary sources are readily available to anyone who participates in this discussion forum. If someone says they don't see what I see, that's their opinion but so far, nobody's done that....

For convenience' sake, I tried to find the longest extension of Jackie's arm in Nix vs the longest extension of her arm in Zappy's masterpiece and scaled the snippets roughly to the same size. The moving images show a much starker contrast between the relatively short reach in Zappy vs the relatively long reach in Nix.

I just learned that the max upload size prevents me from posting the comparison pictures. You live long enough, you learn everything....

I received your image in TXT Format

had to open in Wordpad

Hopefully this is it.

Click on thumbnail.

Edited by Robin Unger

Thanks, Robin. If two cameras were filming the same event, there should not be any substantive discrepancies between the images captured by them, except those attributable to different lenses, lighting, film type and angles of view. The differences between Nix and Zappy are not limited to those parameters.

I see no Nix-Zapruder discrepancy whatsoever in the frames that Robin has just posted.

Thanks, Chris. I did miss your post but I appreciate your confirming with much greater specificity than I did that there are fundamental incompatibilities between Nix and Zappy that impugn the credibility of one or both films. I feel privileged to have the opportunity to share insights and participate in dialogues with so many wonderfully knowledgeable and conscientious people. The truth will out.

Hi Steven,

They do look different, don't they? I'd argue that this is mainly due to different viewpoints. Taking that into account, I don't see any discrepancy between the two films.

The film alteration argument is an extremely lame one, probably the lamest of them all amongst conspiracy theorists, regardless of the technology available at that time to produce a convincing fake, and of the time it would have taken to produce one of these fakes in the limited time available. Just think about it for a moment. There is a sizable film and photographic record of the assassination. Was it really part of the conspirators plan to:

1. Obtain every film and image of the assassination in its immediate aftermath without arousing undue suspicion?

2. Alter them as necessary to ensure they are all consistent with the story they want to convey?

3. Get them back to their respective owners without arousing undue suspicion?

It's crazy, isn't it? Think about how that could go wrong on so many levels, even if it was technologically possible. You would assume that if this was something that had to be achieved, the conspirators would instead decide to kill Kennedy in a less public place, or perhaps at night.

If you'd like a really good sense of how stupid this all is, get hold of a copy of Murder In Dealey Plaza and flick through the shiny photographic section penned by Jack White. Or if you're sitting down, try The Great Zapruder Film Hoax. Healy's chapter is always good for a chuckle.

Do you want to be counted amongst the zanies, Steven? Those at the wrong end of the CT credibility spectrum. If you believe there really is a truth to out, you won't find it by looking for anomalies in the photographic record.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Baker