The Education Forum

Comparing Nix and Zapruder - Jackie's behavior isn't the same

Just scissors and sticky-backed plastic were available in 1963 !.

Paul you are looking a bit tired lately I prefer the Hogwarts avatar

But I can see you are just " keepin it real bro".

Hi Steven,

They do look different, don't they? I'd argue that this is mainly due to different viewpoints. Taking that into account, I don't see any discrepancy between the two films.

The film alteration argument is an extremely lame one, probably the lamest of them all amongst conspiracy theorists, regardless of the technology available at that time to produce a convincing fake, and of the time it would have taken to produce one of these fakes in the limited time available. Just think about it for a moment. There is a sizable film and photographic record of the assassination. Was it really part of the conspirators plan to:

1. Obtain every film and image of the assassination in its immediate aftermath without arousing undue suspicion?

2. Alter them as necessary to ensure they are all consistent with the story they want to convey?

3. Get them back to their respective owners without arousing undue suspicion?

It's crazy, isn't it? Think about how that could go wrong on so many levels, even if it was technologically possible. You would assume that if this was something that had to be achieved, the conspirators would instead decide to kill Kennedy in a less public place, or perhaps at night.

If you'd like a really good sense of how stupid this all is, get hold of a copy of Murder In Dealey Plaza and flick through the shiny photographic section penned by Jack White. Or if you're sitting down, try The Great Zapruder Film Hoax. Healy's chapter is always good for a chuckle.

Do you want to be counted amongst the zanies, Steven? Those at the wrong end of the CT credibility spectrum. If you believe there really is a truth to out, you won't find it by looking for anomalies in the photographic record.

Paul.

Paul,

Although I consider myself a Conspiracy Theorist, I agree with you on this.

Your post above is very well written, too. Unlike the posts of some of the other members of this forum (not you, Steven Kossor), this one is actually intelligible.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Steven,

They do look different, don't they? I'd argue that this is mainly due to different viewpoints. Taking that into account, I don't see any discrepancy between the two films.

The film alteration argument is an extremely lame one, probably the lamest of them all amongst conspiracy theorists, regardless of the technology available at that time to produce a convincing fake, and of the time it would have taken to produce one of these fakes in the limited time available. Just think about it for a moment. There is a sizable film and photographic record of the assassination. Was it really part of the conspirators plan to:

1. Obtain every film and image of the assassination in its immediate aftermath without arousing undue suspicion?

2. Alter them as necessary to ensure they are all consistent with the story they want to convey?

3. Get them back to their respective owners without arousing undue suspicion?

It's crazy, isn't it? Think about how that could go wrong on so many levels, even if it was technologically possible. You would assume that if this was something that had to be achieved, the conspirators would instead decide to kill Kennedy in a less public place, or perhaps at night.

If you'd like a really good sense of how stupid this all is, get hold of a copy of Murder In Dealey Plaza and flick through the shiny photographic section penned by Jack White. Or if you're sitting down, try The Great Zapruder Film Hoax. Healy's chapter is always good for a chuckle.

Do you want to be counted amongst the zanies, Steven? Those at the wrong end of the CT credibility spectrum. If you believe there really is a truth to out, you won't find it by looking for anomalies in the photographic record.

Paul.

Paul,

This was part of a "question/answer" session between Bill Miller and Gary Mack.

Where did the splice come from?

The Towner camera is an 18 frames per sec camera.

Dale Myers can only sync multiple films with one parameter being Towner runs at 22.8 fps, previously he had it at 23.3 fps.

The difference between what should be and what is: approx 4.5 fps, which converts into a total time difference.

I call it "selective splicing" for timing purposes of course.

chris

No offense to the .gif-maker, but we may need a longer-duration Nix .gif to establish differences from Zapruder. In the Nix uploads I've seen, I think there are more frames of Clint Hill and Jackie on the trunk - the present Nix .gif cuts off a bit early.

Edited by David Andrews