The Education Forum

ARRB/HSCA audio tapes have been digitized (mp3 format)

If you click on this link, you should be taken directly to the download of the ARRB/HSCA audio recordings that I created for Doug Horne. There are about 50 recordings in the collection. I sincerely appreciate the trust that Doug Horne extended to me in making the ARRB and HSCA recordings available. He asked in his five volume ARRB series if anyone might be able to digitize the recordings, and I volunteered because I have a small recording studio. It turned out to be a daunting task because of the awful quality of several of the recordings. It was obvious that the quality and preservation of the recordings was not a significant concern for most of the other ARRB staff, with the exception of Doug. Thanks, Doug.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/omjy1p

This one links to the download of the Dallas photo log from my 10/24/12 trip to Dallas. I took lots of pictures from various locations and they may be useful to the research community. One thing is clear to me: the throat shot came from a location below and to the left of the President if it created a hole in the windshield and struck only him. I've included three documents in this collection that annotate stills from the video collection described at the bottom of this post.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/93ns15

This one links to the download of the Dallas video log from my 10/24/12 trip to Dallas. I drove the limo route through DP several times to simulate the movement of the car through the killing zone. I tried to position the camera "where the President would have been" so that researchers can view the terrain as it may have looked from the President's viewpoint.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/fvqach

It is my hope that the distribution of these documents will assist the research community in its effort to understand what happened on 11/22/63, and that this will preserve the record in a more viable state than it has been. The video record is intended to give people who don't have the opportunity to visit Dallas the chance to see how it looked (I shot some video from the Zapruder pedestal) in October of last year. Dealey Plaza is a bowl where truth doesn't exist. I will never go back to Dallas.

Steve

Steven, thank you for your efforts to make the recordings available to more than a select few. There are not an overwhelming number of persons who care enough to do that, and although it is stating the obvious, taking the trouble to advance knowledge of the truth can present difficulties, so even more so, your efforts are noble and well appreciated.

I don't tend to get involved in this area, but I once listened to a JFK Library Tape, that contained a conversation, between, [there might have been someone else on the line] John and Robert Kennedy discussing, I believe it was regarding the integration of Ole Miss, regarding providing National Guardsmen to assist the Justice Department in keeping the mobs that had gathered from controlling the media coverage at the front of the University, Katzenbach and Wallace, I think....At any rate the memorable moment was Robert's comment to President Kennedy involving how incredibly slow the response time was on the part of the National Guard and/or other local law enforcement officials to reach the scene.

There was an underlying suggestion, at least as how I perceived the tape that the Guard was very sympathetic to the advocates of segregation, and this was long before the assassination. Many commonly held beliefs regarding the number of ideological and literal enemies of the JFK Administration, are totally

rejected, if they don't correlate to the official version of the assassination, but I'm sure you already realize that. Thanks again.

Edited by Robert Howard

Listening to Humes quip "I sure hope you guys can figure this thing out..." to the ARRB staff at the end of his interview was galling, to say the least. There are lots of other nuggets in the audio recording series, including an admission by one of the CIA Zfilm handlers that the Zfilm was received on Saturday night at "Hawkeye" (the secret film processing plant operated by Kodak with help from the CIA). Doug Horne's five volume series Inside the ARRB turns out to be a truly remarkable document; I didn't find any discrepancies between its statements and the words spoken by any of the people who testified on tape. Thanks for your appreciation for my efforts. Best wishes to all of the researchers. The truth will out.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The links posted here will expire on May 10th so if you're interested in downloading the ARRB/HSCA audio files or the video/pictures from Dallas 2012, please don't delay. Best wishes to all of the researchers. The truth will out.

Steve