The Education Forum

Billie Sol Estes has died

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of comments. Billie Sol was a controversial figure and knew lot of the players. Tonight, I miss him and I keep thinking of the thousand of memories I have. Tom Bowden and myself spent numerous hours with him and even more trying to prove or disprove his allegations about the assassination. Our book was published worldwide but - ironically- not in the States. R.I.P Billie...

Billie Sol is a bit of an enigma, I'm afraid. He made some potent claims, but seemed unconcerned if anyone believed him. If I'm wrong about this, I trust Doug and William will correct me.

I'm wondering, of course, if he didn't leave something with someone to be released upon his death.

Is there any chance of that, William?

Guest Robert Morrow

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of comments. Billie Sol was a controversial figure and knew lot of the players. Tonight, I miss him and I keep thinking of the thousand of memories I have. Tom Bowden and myself spent numerous hours with him and even more trying to prove or disprove his allegations about the assassination. Our book was published worldwide but - ironically- not in the States. R.I.P Billie...

Is there anyway you can put your book in English and sell it on Kindle at Amazon? I have the French version hard copy, but I do not fluently read French. I think Billie Sol Estes is a key cog to truth in the JFK assassination.

Guest Robert Morrow

NYT: "Soon after the Estes indictments, however, Mr. Freeman, the agriculture secretary, disclosed that a key investigator on the case, Henry Marshall, had been found dead in Texas — bludgeoned on the head, with nearly fatal amounts of carbon monoxide in his bloodstream and five chest wounds from a single-shot bolt-action rifle. Local officials ruled it suicide, but the body was exhumed and the cause changed to homicide. "

Nope. Read this link carefully: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmarshallH.htm

"Tommy G. McWilliams of the FBI also appeared before the grand jury and put forward the theory that Henry Marshall had committed suicide. Dr. Joseph A. Jachimczyk also testified that "if in fact this is a suicide, it is the most unusual one I have seen during the examination of approximately 15,000 deceased persons."

McWilliams did admit that it was "hard to kill yourself with a bolt-action 22". This view was shared by John McClellan, a member of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. He posed for photographs with a.22 caliber rifle similar to Marshall's. McClellan pointed out: "It doesn't take many deductions to come to the irrevocable conclusion that no man committed suicide by placing the rifle in that awkward position and then (cocking) it four times more."

Despite the evidence presented by Jachimczyk, the grand jury agreed with McWilliams. It ruled that after considering all the known evidence, the jury considers it "inconclusive to substantiate a definite decision at this time, or to overrule any decision heretofore made." Later, it was disclosed that some jury members believed that Marshall had been murdered. Ralph McKinney blamed Pryse Metcalfe for this decision. "Pryse was as strong in the support of the suicide verdict as anyone I have ever seen in my life, and I think he used every influence he possibly could against the members of the grand jury to be sure it came out with a suicide verdict.""

It was only in the 1980's when Billie Sol Estes came forward and admitted that he planned the murder of Henry Marshall with Lyndon Johnson, Cliff Carter and Mac Wallace, did a grand jury change the ruling to "homocide." This shows us how deep and how corrupt Lyndon Johnson's power extended to the county and even precinct level in Texas in the early 1960's.

Also, please read the Clint Peoples' oral history at this link:

Soon after the Estes indictments, however, Mr. Freeman, the agriculture secretary, disclosed that a key investigator on the case, Henry Marshall, had been found dead in Texas — bludgeoned on the head, with nearly fatal amounts of carbon monoxide in his bloodstream and five chest wounds from a single-shot bolt-action rifle. Local officials ruled it suicide, but the body was exhumed and the cause changed to homicide. "

Nope. Read this link carefully: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmarshallH.htm

"Tommy G. McWilliams of the FBI also appeared before the grand jury and put forward the theory that Henry Marshall had committed suicide. Dr. Joseph A. Jachimczyk also testified that "if in fact this is a suicide, it is the most unusual one I have seen during the examination of approximately 15,000 deceased persons."

McWilliams did admit that it was "hard to kill yourself with a bolt-action 22". This view was shared by John McClellan, a member of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. He posed for photographs with a.22 caliber rifle similar to Marshall's. McClellan pointed out: "It doesn't take many deductions to come to the irrevocable conclusion that no man committed suicide by placing the rifle in that awkward position and then (cocking) it four times more."

Despite the evidence presented by Jachimczyk, the grand jury agreed with McWilliams. It ruled that after considering all the known evidence, the jury considers it "inconclusive to substantiate a definite decision at this time, or to overrule any decision heretofore made." Later, it was disclosed that some jury members believed that Marshall had been murdered. Ralph McKinney blamed Pryse Metcalfe for this decision. "Pryse was as strong in the support of the suicide verdict as anyone I have ever seen in my life, and I think he used every influence he possibly could against the members of the grand jury to be sure it came out with a suicide verdict.""

It was only in the 1980's when Billie Sol Estes came forward and admitted that he planned the murder of Henry Marshall with Lyndon Johnson, Cliff Carter and Mac Wallace, did a grand jury change the ruling to "homocide."

Also read the Clint People's oral history at this link: https://www.box.com/s/8b408e6999f8799dfd0a

Clint People's was a key player in the investigation of the 1961 Henry Marshal murder.

Billie Sol is a bit of an enigma, I'm afraid. He made some potent claims, but seemed unconcerned if anyone believed him. If I'm wrong about this, I trust Doug and William will correct me.

I'm wondering, of course, if he didn't leave something with someone to be released upon his death.

Is there any chance of that, William?

Honestly, I don't know. Not saying that it won't happen, just that I don't know... Billie always said that the JFK assassination was a simple story. I tend to believe that.