The Education Forum

David Lifton: "I have never understood why so much suspicion is focused on Priscilla Johnson (McMillan)"

Guest Tom Scully

I'm surprised that any one would question the reality of the ties between the corporate media and the CIA. While Operation Mockingbird may not be official policy any longer, the recent success of Anderson Cooper (admitted CIA intern) reveals that there are still entangling alliances between the worlds of espionage and "journalism."

I am always intrigued by the posts of David Lifton. I cannot understand how he can continue to trust so blindly in government sources, or dubious witnesses like the Paines, while simultaneously subscribing to the most extreme theories imaginable (body alteration, film alteration). This is not to discredit those theories, since I believe both are quite possible. However, the dichotomy there is startling, and I think it's responsible for most of the criticism David receives on this forum.

And, Ray, just to correct one of your many misstatements about Mark Lane; I think he was one of the first to question the "fact" that Oswald brought a gun to work on the day of the assassination. He certainly never claimed that LHO was carrying a rifle, or defended that aspect of the official story.

Don,

Could you please explain what this statement of yours is supposed to mean?

QUOTE:

While Operation Mockingbird may not be official policy any longer, the recent success of Anderson Cooper (admitted CIA intern) reveals that there are still entangling alliances between the worlds of espionage and "journalism." UNQUOTE

I watch Anderson Cooper quite often and, until this post of yours, never knew he had been an "admitted CIA intern" (so what is the source for that?); but even if that is true--that some years ago, perhaps many years ago if he was an "intern"--what in the world does that have to do with his "recent success"?

Could you please explain? I'd really like to understand the connectivity you perceive here.

Thank you.

DSL

6/8/13; 4:55 PM PDT

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton

David,

Here's just one of the links (from Cooper himself) acknowledging his previous ties to the CIA:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/09/my-summer-job-nearly-20-years-ago.html

The entire purpose of Operation Mockingbird was to plant "friendly" assets in the media. Clearly, all those "journalists" were severely compromised, at the very least, by their participation in this program. I think it's fair to state that Cooper's past affiliation with the Agency is significant, in light of what we know about the extent of Operation Mockingbird. Recall the words of former CIA Director William Colby: "The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media."

Cooper has become renowned, in recent months, for ranting on air about "conspiracy theorists," even going so far as to basically demand that a community college fire one of its professors for the questions he was raising about Sandy Hook. This reminded me of the way Dan Rather kept ranting about Oliver Stone, during the time of JFK's popularity.

Again, given what we know about the past ties between the CIA and the establishment press, it's certainly easy to be cynical about the popularity of a present journalist who admittedly worked for the Agency as a young man. But then again, I guess it also helps to be Gloria Vanderbilt's son....

Guest Robert Morrow

Uh David, many of use are aware of how the crossover between the CIA and corporate media works.

From the inception of Mockingbird, Allen Dulles used to meet with some very big media chiefs along with some of his trusted aides like Wisner.

This program expanded into full bloom in the sixties and seventies and was well documented by Carl Bernstein's full length expose in the seventies. Where he named CIA assets put in place by the Agency at certain media centers, and he also named the corporate chiefs like Bill Paley who were all too eager to help. I mean, c'mon, you do know how Les Midgley's very nice idea to have a debate in 1967 between Mark Lane and VInce Salandria on one side and David Belin and Joe Ball on the other got completely twisted around on its way up the ladder, don't you? ANd then Midgley was so gutless that instead of resigning, he went ahead and praised the result. And even cooperated with John McCloy behind the scenes--and did not tell anyone about that!

I have actually seen letters written by CIA officers written to media managers encouraging them to hire certain people who the Agency trusts.

So what DOn is saying is that its likely that Anderson Cooper got his break through that tie to the Agency.

I mean is it only a coincidence that Markos Moulitsas was also a CIA intern and then began to run one of the biggest "liberal blogs", which BTW bans any direct discussion of the JFK case, and in which the owner is remarkably anti Kennedy?

I don't think so. I have seen it too often.

(As per Ray baby, you are so discredited and you don't even know it. Why not sell your snake oil at DPF? See how long you last)

Discussion of the JFK Assassination is simply not allowed at Daily Kos, which is an excellent insight to the totalitarian mindset over there. Daily Kos says it only exists to elect progressive politics. And the discussion of a rightwing military/CIA murder of a Democratic president is not allowed. Tbat should tell you everything you would ever want to know about that web site.

I posted my essay "LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK" on Daily Kos on Sept 17, 2012 and it was locked down and I was banned within 2 hours.

I had an exact same repeat experience when I posted my essay on "Jeb Bush and the Murder of CIA Drug Smuggler Barry Seal in 1986" - that thread was locked down and I was banned within 4 hours.

The Daily Kos definitely seems to be a government crime factory operation; a controlled opposition website with a very big agenda of covering up bipartisan government crimes be they Democratic or Republican.

The Daily Kos is like women's rape crisis center being run by a serial rapist. One can not even discuss the most fundamental aspects of American democracy over there.

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 3 years later...