The Education Forum

The JFK Forum is Closing Down

On 9th June I started a thread on the Future of the JFK Forum. I explained the reasons why I established the JFK Forum in March, 2003 and why I was so concerned about the way it had deteriorated into a Forum of bullying and personal abuse. I said I would make one last effort to make it work.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20259

However, it soon became clear that I did not have the full support of my moderators. One of them, Gary Loughran, actually used the thread to carry out an attack on me.

In real life, I have surrounded myself with kind and supportive friends. They know who I am and act accordingly. My life is good and it is virtually without conflict. Yet on the Forum I have to take this abuse. I can no longer endure the stress this creates. Nor do I have the time or energy to try to keep people under control.

My original vision of JFK researchers coming together to share information in a collaborative and friendly way does not appear to be favoured by enough members to make it work. I have therefore decided to close it down and let members form the kind of Forum that is more to their liking.

For all members,

John is going to consider all the e-mails sent to him (apart from the abusive and typically cowardly e-mails) and make a final decision regarding the future of the Forum in due course. In the interim, on behalf of all members and the Mod team, I'd like to thank John for the tremendous Forum he has provided and hope that he decides to continue it. Whatever the decision, I and many others will support John and thank him for his tireless efforts.

In the meantime:

keepcalm_poster_richblack1.jpg