The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, are translators available to scrutinize foreign languages? In case I lose it and go off in a Gaelic blaze of glory, would a certificate authenticating one's bonafides be available prior to being banished to one's room without supper?

Edited by Steve Logan

Just out of curiosity, are translators available to scrutinize foreign languages? In case I lose and go off in a Gaelic blaze of glory, would a certificate authenticating one's bonafides be available prior to being banished to one's room without supper?

Lose and go off

Just a quick question (not to divert the topic but slightly related to it) but doesn't anyone else (unless there are visual elements I am unaware of in photography which I admit, may be quite a handful) see the oddity in Lovelady's extremely "slanted" or cut left shoulder in the Altgen's photo? Please tell me I am missing something.

B.A., the reason why Lovelady's shoulder appears to be odd is because he is leaning forward with his left shoulder down so he can see better around the entrance corner. Imagine yourself in his position, you are standing on steps and the limo is disappearing out of your line of sight. You can't move forward because of the people in front of you so you lean forward and to your left, dipping your shoulder, automatically. Try it.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Hi B.A.

I'm not sure but I think its shadow. I don't mean to be rude but Bob, Randy and others have raised some very good points. Could we please discuss Altgens on another thread?

Hmm....I'm not so sure. The neck leading into the shoulders seems too steep downward but it could be a variety of factors to consider.....in another topic lol. Thanks for the input and feedback for those of you that responded. Sorry, back on topic. Edited by B. A. Copeland

Hi B.A.

I'm not sure but I think its shadow. I don't mean to be rude but Bob, Randy and others have raised some very good points. Could we please discuss Altgens on another thread?

Hmm....I'm not so sure. The neck leading into the shoulders seems too steep downward but it could be a variety of factors to consider.....in another topic lol. Thanks for the input and feedback for those of you that responded. Sorry, back on topic.

Similar position to this position, B.A.

Leaning_zpshcm7ffiu.jpg

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Just a quick question (not to divert the topic but slightly related to it) but doesn't anyone else (unless there are visual elements I am unaware of in photography which I admit, may be quite a handful) see the oddity in Lovelady's extremely "slanted" or cut left shoulder in the Altgen's photo? Please tell me I am missing something.

BA - I have yet to find where your observations are not some of the finest offered on this forum...

I'll add - Or how it appears that Lovelady's arm is in FRONT of the black man who we know was well west and closer to the camera...

Altgensdoorwayblowup-colorized-butnotlov

Altgensdoorwayblowup-colorized_zpse78168

Edited by David Josephs

BA - I have yet to find where your observations are not some of the finest offered on this forum...

I'll add - Or how it appears that Lovelady's arm is in FRONT of the black man who we know was well west and closer to the camera...

Altgensdoorwayblowup-colorized-butnotlov

Altgensdoorwayblowup-colorized_zpse78168

David whilst agreeing with your general conclusions, I feel that your coloured photo showing Lovelady with his shirt in green, omits the lower part of his arm. It is not, IMO, the arm of the black guy in front of him.

Why would the black guy have his arm in the air, and where is his hand?

Edited by Ray Mitcham