The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2016 at 4:15 AM, Bart Kamp said:

I have a made a post about Richard Bernabei a Canadian researcher who corresponded heavily with Richard E. Sprague, Howard Roffman and Harold Weisberg.

Bernabei is the first researcher who actively mapped everyone on the steps from the available material at that time. He has id-ed Prayer Man and has even made sketches of him back in the late 60's

Bernabei is without a doubt the first one who mapped Prayer Man along with Richard E. Sprague.

Excellent Research Bart.

I inverted a few of the photos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OZWdJNE5MWTVFeUk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OdUN6WF9PSXpZMWc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005Oc0Fmcnoxbjg5a2M/view?usp=sharing

50 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

Bill,

if you check this thread and the images then you can see that Lovelady gradually moved to get a better view while the limo was going down Elm.And he eventually left the steps and moved West with Bill Shelley.

From Hughes to A6 to Wiegman to Couch.

Yes ... after the shots were fired. I still don't get what is the point of this poor degraded image of 'prayer man'? Is it being implied that this is Oswald?

And what is the time-stamp given to this 'prayer man' image?

Edited by Bill Miller

1 hour ago, Chris Davidson said:

In Hughes:

He leans forward, out of the shadows and then back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrExtVD005OemhFSmFyNlR0cEE/view?usp=sharing

You are still talking about Lovelady - correct?  In Altgens 6 - the first shot(s) had just been fired less than a second ago. It appears in the movie clip you posted that Lovelady reacted by stepping back for a moment after he realized shots were fired and then back into the sunlight. Is that what you were saying, Chris?

Edited by Bill Miller

27 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Yes, Lovelady.

The video I provided is from Hughes. The limo is turning the corner from Houston to Elm at that time, same as your single frame. 

This occurs many seconds before Altgen's 6.

Thanks for clearing that up. So it appears that Lovelady moved forward as the President was passing by his location.

This is one of the advantages of using stabilized video, as opposed to still frames or photos, if the same time period is covered.

The reason I use "lean forward" and not "moving" is, at this point, Lovelady is not on the top landing. I believe those steps don't have enough depth for someone to move forward, if they did, one would be stepping down or up and we would see it in the video. I don't see Lovelady's elevation change in the video compared to the African-American fellow below him. Imo

Regarding this - Bart, can you just confirm that the TV station still refuses to this day to release the camera original or raw film from the TV cameraman, right?  That is the only thing I really and truly care about with this.  And I am so, so hoping that someday it happens so we know who that is once and for all.

NBC has acknowledged they have them but the powers that be will not allow anything done with them.

The best avenue to explore is the 3rd generation copies that were sold to affiliates.

6 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

This is one of the advantages of using stabilized video, as opposed to still frames or photos, if the same time period is covered.

The reason I use "lean forward" and not "moving" is, at this point, Lovelady is not on the top landing. I believe those steps don't have enough depth for someone to move forward, if they did, one would be stepping down or up and we would see it in the video. I don't see Lovelady's elevation change in the video compared to the African-American fellow below him. Imo

I am familiar with the advantages of stabilization of  moving film and still images.

4a.gif Copyof222to225stablized.gif

c477e091-5c31-4dfb-b1de-e1080bf2b569_zps

To better understand what you are saying - Is it fair to say the landing is the surface between the entrance door to the TSBD and the edge of the same landing before having to start down the steps?

Edited by Bill Miller