The Education Forum

ANTHONY SUMMERS, Update
Good Day.... The recent, widely published article concerning the JFK assassination-related files still being withheld, also mentioned ANTHONY SUMMERS, and that he will soon be publishing what the article's author wrote is a "sequel" to his very outstanding 1998 book, "Not In Your Lifetime."
When I asked him, TONY just now confirmed to me that (instead of a new book, followup "sequel")....
" The book published this fall will indeed be an updated version of NIYL. Massively
updated, with significant new, unpublished information in the final chapter."
Cheers !
NIYL searchable book excerpts via "Amazon.com" are freely available for you, here.... http://www.amazon.com/Not-Your-Lifetime-Anthony-Summers/dp/1569247390/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376855512&sr=1-4
Best Regards in Research

+++Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations and independent determinations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence, Witnesses, Suspects + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries and Key Considerations....
http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-men-of-courage-jfk-assassination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Providing 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations + Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories, Important Information & Key Considerations, in One Convenient Resource.... http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3966/dppluschartsupdated1111.gif
(2012 updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden Under the "magic-limbed-ricochet-tree".... http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2446/206cropjfk1102308ms8.gif

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in, Garbage-out.... http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5066/jsf.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and
Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2011/01/discovery-close-jfk-assassination.html

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

For the United States:
Edited by Don Roberdeau

" The book published this fall will indeed be an updated version of NIYL. Massively

I am confused. Summers's Conspiracy was billed as "the definitive book" on the case.

WIll this new one be "even more definitive"?

I am confused. Summers's Conspiracy was billed as "the definitive book" on the case.

Tony Summers is one of the few researcher-writers who has the ability to change his mind and view with new information, and since the publication of "Conspiracy," we have learned a lot more from the recently released files and new witnesses.

Certainly "definitive" is determined by when it is published, with the most up to date information, and changes constantly with new information.

When it was first published I thought "Conspiracy" was terrific because it was one of the first books to dedicate serious journalistic principles and techniques to the case - and I hadn't seen this TV documentary in which Tony interview some of the most important witnesses, and asks the right questions. Getting these people to go on camera must have took some convincing - and Tony has a charming ability to get witnesses to trust him.

The JFK Conspiracy – BBC 1978

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxU14SL5U8A

Tony Summers Producer

When Tony was in Florida interviewing John Martino's widow and son for his Vanity Fair article, I was in Atlantic City talking to Martino's sister and brother, and I assisted him in some of the research for Not In Your Lifetime, for which he sites in the footnotes - concerning Jim Braden and Carl Mather.

Since then we located the Man on the Motorcycle in Mexico City who reportedly gave Oswald a ride to the Cuban Embassy, and Tony interviewed him, so there should be an update on that, as well as other areas where we have learned more from the files.

Having been a runner up for the Pulitizer Prize Tony and Robbyn should get more respect than those Conspiracy Theorists who write books trying to blame the assassination on someone or some agency or government.

As Pat Speer has noted, most of the movie and documentary film money is being poured into anti-or-counter conspiracy productions, and eventually someone will come along with the money to make a real documentary using Summers work as a firm basis, but probably not in our lifetime.

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

Reminds me of my book a little LOL-it was definitive as of 1993, 1997, and 2006...but it has been massively expanded and updated because, since 2006, Blaine's book came out, more interviews came about, etc etc etc.

I find a lot of great books a tad dated if they are before the ARRB releases

When Tony was in Florida interviewing John Martino's widow and son for his Vanity Fair article, I was in Atlantic City talking to Martino's sister and brother, and I assisted him in some of the research for Not In Your Lifetime, for which he sites in the footnotes - concerning Jim Braden and Carl Mather.

I would caution against getting too friendly with any researcher, Bill, it might bias your perceptions.

For my money, the Martinos are completely full of baloney, and just a distraction from the truth.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Tony Summers is one of the few researcher-writers who has the ability to change his mind and view with new information, and since the publication of "Conspiracy," we have learned a lot more from the recently released files and new witnesses.

Certainly "definitive" is determined by when it is published, with the most up to date information, and changes constantly with new information.

When it was first published I thought "Conspiracy" was terrific because it was one of the first books to dedicate serious journalistic principles and techniques to the case - and I hadn't seen this TV documentary in which Tony interview some of the most important witnesses, and asks the right questions. Getting these people to go on camera must have took some convincing - and Tony has a charming ability to get witnesses to trust him.

Tony Summers Producer

Since then we located the Man on the Motorcycle in Mexico City who reportedly gave Oswald a ride to the Cuban Embassy, and Tony interviewed him, so there should be an update on that, as well as other areas where we have learned more from the files.

Having been a runner up for the Pulitizer Prize Tony and Robbyn should get more respect than those Conspiracy Theorists who write books trying to blame the assassination on someone or some agency or government.

As Pat Speer has noted, most of the movie and documentary film money is being poured into anti-or-counter conspiracy productions, and eventually someone will come along with the money to make a real documentary using Summers work as a firm basis, but probably not in our lifetime.

Bill Kelly

.... Hi Bill.... Thank You.... I tried to watch the documentary at the link that you provided for us, but, that link's video has been removed. Is the following excellent 1978 BBC documentary, "The Killing of President Kennedy" the same 1h 19m documentary that you referenced for us?.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rxUl4SL5U8A
Best Regards in Research

+++Don

Donald Roberdeau

United States Navy

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations and independent determinations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence, Witnesses, Suspects + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries and Key Considerations.... http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-men-of-courage-jfk-assassination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Providing 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations + Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories, Important Information & Key Considerations, in One Convenient Resource.... http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3966/dppluschartsupdated1111.gif

(2012 updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden Under the "magic-limbed-ricochet-tree".... http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2446/206cropjfk1102308ms8.gif

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in, Garbage-out.... http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5066/jsf.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS

Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and

Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2011/01/discovery-close-jfk-assassination.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

For the United States:

Tony Summers Producer

Bill Kelly

.... Hi Bill.... Thank You.... I tried to watch the documentary at the link that you provided for us, but, that link's video has been removed. Is the following excellent 1978 BBC documentary, "The Killing of President Kennedy" the same 1h 19m documentary that you referenced for us?.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rxUl4SL5U8A
Yes,

Reminds me of my book a little LOL

By pure chance I stumbled across this on page 1246 of BBFB

(Bugliosi's Big Fat Book)

"n perhaps the principal book propounding the conspiracy theory.....Anthony Summers's Conspiracy

the author doesn't devote one page, not even one paragraph or one sentence, to the possibility of the SS being involved."

I can't wait to read Vince's review of Summers's book in its latest incarnation.

• 1 month later...
Guest Robert Morrow

FROM ANTHONY SUMMERS 10/1/13:

Dear All,

This note is to let everyone know that I have this year virtually rewritten and updated my book Not in Your Lifetime (né, long ago and over my protest, Conspiracy), on the Kennedy assassination. It will be published on Tuesday, October 1, by Open Road Media in the U.S. (Please forgive the "round robin" nature of this letter.)

In the publishers' view, Not in Your Lifetime has earned a lasting place and should be republished on this 50th anniversary. Realizing, though, that it needed a thorough revamp, I set out to work for what turned out to be many months. I have honed this new edition, filling in previously unavailable detail and making amendments, shedding material that has been discredited or no longer seems worth space in the book – and adding elements that do justify inclusion.

Perhaps most significant is a new final chapter that amounts to an overview of the case as things stand in 2013. This includes a section covering "admissions" - claims of involvement in the assassination, their credibility or otherwise.

Most intereresting, perhaps, is a new interview I recently conducted of a Cuban exile in Florida. In extended conversations , over two days, he identified a fellow Cuban, once his best friend, who - he said he learned - "participated" in the assassination. This especially, I expect, will stir discussion.

Heartening reviews the book has received include:

· (On this new 2013 edition) "Not in Your Lifetime is the best single analysis of what we know and what we don't know about JFK's assassination. If you have time to read only one book on the assassination, this is it. By far. - Robert Blakey, former Chief Counsel, House Committee on Assassinations

· “An awesome work…with the power of a plea as from Zola for justice” —Los Angeles Times

· “An important piece of work…exceptionally well written, with all the tone and tension of a thriller. . . A book that must be read” —New York Review of Books

· "The closest we have to that literary chimera, a definitive work on the events in Dallas."

Interest in the Kennedy assassination remains widespread. I'd be grateful if you'd pass this message along to anyone in your own address books you think will have an interest - not least especially younger people.

Not in Your Lifetime will be available in the U.S. from today, as an e-book or in paperback, from U.S. publisher Open Road Media, by following this link: http://www.openroadmedia.com/not-in-your-lifetime

Best,

Anthony Summers

Guest Robert Morrow

Email to me today:

"Dear Mr. Morrow,

I noticed your message from Anthony Summers on the Education Forum. I had long ago preordered the book, simply on the strenght of my acqaintance with his prior writings on the subject. However, it occurs to me that it might assist other readers from sifting the wheat from the chaff if Summers or his publisher could arrange for a Table of Contents and maybe even a preview on the Amazon page. He deserves to be widely read, and I intend to write a good review once I've read new edition of the book.

With best wishes,

XXXX "

Reminds me of my book a little LOL

By pure chance I stumbled across this on page 1246 of BBFB

(Bugliosi's Big Fat Book)

"n perhaps the principal book propounding the conspiracy theory.....Anthony Summers's Conspiracy

the author doesn't devote one page, not even one paragraph or one sentence, to the possibility of the SS being involved."

I can't wait to read Vince's review of Summers's book in its latest incarnation.

Don't feel left out Vince, I'm sure he knew you had the SS covered and didn't need to duplicate your work.

Vince, you going to Wecht's conference?

BK

Not a problem re: Secret Service aspect of case: I have that covered :)

I'm not going to the conference: pretty insulting that an author of a major book coming out who is an alumni of the college and from the same city wasn't asked to speak. I really don't care (honest LOL), but it's the principal of the thing. I MAY---MAY---go the area to meet old friends outside of the conference....I'll be damned if I am going to pay 40 bucks when I should have been a part of the panel. The conference from 2003 was a snooze fest- COPA 1995, 1996 and Lancer 1997 were much better. Too much esoteric stuff and not enough "meat and potatoes", exciting material. It's the old boys network: same ole same ole talking heads...we need new blood. When I presented at conferences I was a(THE) big hit. Why? Exciting, between the eyes, direct, audio/ visual...not some boring guy standing there at the lectern analyzing Oswald's bowel movements in Russia LOL.

Not to be critical...

Vince

;)

P.S. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there were 1200+ people at the 2003 conference in Pittsburgh. Fine print: the vast majority were students shipped in from local schools LOL...the rest were the choir (the usual suspects) preaching to each other. Pennsylvania Cable News (PCN) broadcast large segments of the conference: embarrassingly, many audience shots depicted sleeping and yawning people. My friends and family were all saying "How come YOU didn't get an invite? You were just on the History Channel?"

The song remains the same...

Edited by Vince Palamara

Re: conferences...

The moral of the story is: what works in a paper or BOOK does NOT necessarily work in a SPEAKING situation. People can read an academic paper on their OWN time! EXCITE them, fascinate them...move them. Too much esoteric, junky stuff at these conferences and not enough "meat and potatoes" issues (i.e. the straightforward medical evidence aspects- back of head, entry wound [tally of witnesses]; Secret Service aspects; Oswald's actions before, during and after the shooting)

SBT---overdone; Z-film-is-altered---makes us look like loony tunes; arcane and esoteric issues---ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I really think the age of the internet has done away with the need FOR conferences anyway. Do what I do: stay at home and sell tons of books, film television documentaries (yep- two in the works), and do numerous radio shows...

Conferences are so word processor/ CompuServe/ print journal/ 1992 era LOL

Vince :)

Edited by Vince Palamara