The Education Forum

50 Questions that Can and Should be Answered

William Kelly

35) Who was the man in the white shirt who ran down the Grassy Knoll and got into a Rambler station wagon?

Yet another unanswerable question. Nobody knows who the Rambler Man is. But there's one person we know it wasn't. Can you guess who that is?

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36) How come there is no film or photo of Oswald leaving the front door of the TSBD, as there should be, or is there?

Why do you say "as there should be"? Why do you think a photo or film MUST exist of Oswald exiting the building? Quite obviously, you're wrong when you say "as there should be"....and here's the logical reason why you're wrong about that....

Since you think Oswald should definitely have been photographed if he left the TSBD at about 12:33 PM on November 22, then that certainly must mean you also think that both Robert MacNeil and Pierce Allman should have been photographed as they entered the building that day too (and as they each possibly encountered and spoke to Lee Harvey Oswald on their way into the building). But as far as I know, no photo or film exists showing either MacNeil or Allman near the entrance of the Depository at about 12:33 or 12:34 PM. And we KNOW for a fact that both of those reporters did enter the building at about that time through the front entrance.

And there are no doubt many other witnesses who were near the TSBD on Nov. 22 shortly after the shooting who were not captured in photos or films taken that day either.

Plus, your argument goes nowhere (really fast) when we approach it from another angle too:

Even without having Oswald on film as he departed the Depository, we KNOW he definitely DID leave the building very shortly after the shots were fired at the President. You surely don't deny that the following two facts are 100% true, do you Bill?....

1.) Lee Oswald was INSIDE the Book Depository Building at about 12:31 to 12:32 PM when he encountered Marrion Baker and Roy Truly on the second floor.

2.) Lee Oswald hurriedly entered his roominghouse on Beckley Avenue at about 1:00 PM. (Earlene Roberts confirms this fact.)

And since Oswald was not capable of flying the 2+-mile distance between the Depository and 1026 N. Beckley in Oak Cliff, then he obviously utilized some means of transportation to get to his roominghouse within roughly 28 minutes of encountering Baker in the TSBD.

Ergo, Oswald had to have departed the Depository very shortly after 12:32 PM. Wouldn't you agree?

Therefore, why did you even bother to ask Question #36 above? Just to pad your count of useless and meaningless inquiries? It would seem that's the case here.

36) How come there is no film or photo of Oswald leaving the front door of the TSBD, as there should be, or is there?

Why do you say "as there should be"? Why do you think a photo or film MUST exist of Oswald exiting the building? Quite obviously, you're wrong when you say "as there should be"....and here's the logical reason why you're wrong about that....

Since you think Oswald should definitely have been photographed if he left the TSBD at about 12:33 PM on November 22, then that certainly must mean you also think that both Robert MacNeil and Pierce Allman should have been photographed as they entered the building that day too (and as they each possibly encountered and spoke to Lee Harvey Oswald on their way into the building). But as far as I know, no photo or film exists showing either MacNeil or Allman near the entrance of the Depository at about 12:33 or 12:34 PM. And we KNOW for a fact that both of those reporters did enter the building at about that time through the front entrance.

And there are no doubt many other witnesses who were near the TSBD on Nov. 22 shortly after the shooting who were not captured in photos or films taken that day either.

Plus, your argument goes nowhere (really fast) when we approach it from another angle too:

Even without having Oswald on film as he departed the Depository, we KNOW he definitely DID leave the building very shortly after the shots were fired at the President. You surely don't deny that the following two facts are 100% true, do you Bill?....

1.) Lee Oswald was INSIDE the Book Depository Building at about 12:31 to 12:32 PM when he encountered Marrion Baker and Roy Truly on the second floor.

2.) Lee Oswald hurriedly entered his roominghouse on Beckley Avenue at about 1:00 PM. (Earlene Roberts confirms this fact.)

And since Oswald was not capable of flying the 2+-mile distance between the Depository and 1026 N. Beckley in Oak Cliff, then he obviously utilized some means of transportation to get to his roominghouse within roughly 28 minutes of encountering Baker in the TSBD.

Ergo, Oswald had to have departed the Depository very shortly after 12:32 PM. Wouldn't you agree?

Therefore, why did you even bother to ask Question #36 above? Just to pad your count of useless and meaningless inquiries? It would seem that's the case here.

There should be a film or an eyewitness of Oswald leaving the building because there were so many cameras, films and witnesses right there. How come NOBODY saw him leave and NOBODY appears to have filmed him leaving?

Now we have B. W. Frazer saying he saw Oswald walking up Houston Street towards him on Elm as if he left the back of the building!

As I said Bill -- Then why don't we have films of MacNeil & Allman too? They were RIGHT THERE by the TSBD too. Where are they in the various films & photos? You're cherry-picking.

And you know that Oswald did leave the building shortly after the shooting. So what's your point? What are you trying to prove? Are you implying that Oswald really wasn't Oswald and never left the building shortly after 12:30??

Edited by David Von Pein

There seems to be a mysterious lack of films and photos from Dealey Plaza that day, considering how many cameras were present.

BTW, have you figured it out yet, or do I have to tell you?

There seems to be a mysterious lack of films and photos from Dealey Plaza that day, considering how many cameras were present.

Yeah, right. Tell that to Robin Unger, who has amassed this huge collection of Dealey Plaza photos:

http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com

And I've got dozens and dozens of 11/22 Dealey photos in my Kennedy Gallery too:

http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com

Now, tell me again how few pictures exist of the assassination aftermath.

Edited by David Von Pein

I see you have the forum staked out for the day, on this thread. It must be nice not to have to work and be able to spend your waking hours on an internet forum.

Now, seriously, Dave, you seem to be avoiding discussion on the Walker shooting and steel and copper jacketed bullets.

So, Bob P., you must think Commission Exhibit No. 1 (in Oswald's own Russian handwriting) is a fake too, right? You DO realize that CE1 pretty much seals the deal on Oswald's guilt in the Walker shooting, don't you?

Or maybe you think Oswald wrote this detailed list of "What To Do If I'm Arrested" instructions for Marina because he planned to steal a loaf of bread and a Dr. Pepper from the Piggly-Wiggly on the corner?

WH_Vol16_0013a.jpg

WH_Vol16_0013b.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

Yeah, right. Tell that to Robin Unger, who has amassed this huge collection of Dealey Plaza photos:

http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com

And I've got dozens and dozens of 11/22 Dealey photos in my Kennedy Gallery too:

http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com

Now, tell me again how few pictures exist of the assassination aftermath.

I didn't say that so few pictures exist of the assassination aftermath, I'm saying that there are so many and NONE of the show Oswald leaving the TSBD, and NO ONE saw him leave.

That's the question. If he did walk out the front door at 12:33 pm, we should have a record of it - of someone seeing him or someone filming or photographing him.

I didn't say that so few pictures exist of the assassination aftermath...

And I never said you did say it. I was quoting Robert P. there, not you. (Sorry, I left off the name in the "Quote" block.)

If he did walk out the front door at 12:33 pm, we should have a record of it - of someone seeing him or someone filming or photographing him.

Again....what's your point? You think Oswald never left the TSBD shortly after the shooting? Maybe he's still in the building now, helping out Gary Mack at the Museum.

This whole topic about pics of LHO leaving is meaningless, since everybody knows that Oswald DID leave the building shortly after 12:30. Even CTers don't deny that fact.

Edited by David Von Pein

37) Why did Oswald walk seven blocks east of the TSBD and then get on a bus going back to the scene? And why did he get on a bus that would take him away from his rooming house when the bus behind it went directly to it?

I think the answers to these questions are obvious, Bill. Basic common sense and logic provide the best answers:

After having just shot the President from his workplace, Oswald certainly wasn't going to just hang around the Depository's front stoop and shoot the breeze with Wes Frazier, Bill Shelley, and Billy Lovelady.

Oswald naturally wanted to get the heck out of Dodge as quickly as he could, and since he had no car to take him anywhere, he utilized his own two feet to walk several blocks east of the murder scene, in order to quickly put as much distance between himself and the Depository as he possibly could.

And the fact that he boarded a Marsalis Street bus instead of waiting to board his usual Beckley bus is a real good indication that November 22nd wasn't just an ordinary day for Lee Harvey Oswald. He got on Cecil McWatters' Marsalis bus because it was very likely the first bus he saw as he walked east on Elm Street that day.

And he probably wanted to get off the street as soon as he could too. So he hopped on the first bus to come along (which was, of course, travelling back toward the Depository; but there's no other direction McWatters' bus COULD be travelling, because Elm Street was a one-way street going west; so Oswald had no choice of directions at that point, if he chose to board a vehicle on Elm, which he did).

And the fact that the bus was moving toward the scene of the shooting was probably not a big deal to Oswald at that time. After all, how likely would it be that the police would be stopping and searching every bus and car and cab that was travelling down Elm Street? Not very likely. So Oswald felt safe aboard that bus, even though he knew it would have to pass right through Dealey Plaza (if the traffic jam hadn't impeded its progress).

Now, let me reverse the tables for just a moment here and ask you these questions:

If Lee Oswald had been the totally innocent patsy that so many conspiracy proponents truly believe he was (i.e., he shot nobody on 11/22/63 and was completely unaware of the assassination plot that swirled all around him, which is indeed the type of "innocence" that some CTers advocate for Mr. Oswald--with one of those CTers being veteran Internet forum participant J. Raymond Carroll)....then how can Oswald's actions right after the assassination be explained away?

Why does he do such out-of-the-ordinary things on November 21st and 22nd if, as J. Raymond Carroll and a few others believe, he was a complete and total unwitting patsy/fall guy?

How can a conspiracy theorist like Carroll possibly explain Oswald's unusual Thursday trip to Irving to get those nonexistent "curtain rods"? And the large package that LHO took to work with him on November 22nd? How is Oswald's brown paper package conveniently and "innocently" explained away by the conspiracy theorists (particularly when we KNOW that Oswald told a lie to Buell Wesley Frazier about that package containing curtain rods)?

And what about Oswald leaving the TSBD building within just a few minutes of the assassination? Why did he do that if he's totally snow-white innocent?

And, as you asked, what about the fact Oswald walked several blocks east on Elm right after the shooting took place? Why wouldn't he have just stayed there at the corner of Elm & Houston (at the bus stop on that corner) and waited for his usual Beckley bus to pick him up? Why walk further AWAY from his Oak Cliff destination?

And, indeed, as you also asked, why would he get on the WRONG BUS if he wasn't in a big hurry to get off the streets of Dallas? Why would he do that if he had done nothing he wanted to run away from that day?

More food for "Patsy Oswald" thought, don't you think?

Edited by David Von Pein

38) Why did Oswald offer his cab to an old lady if he was escaping the scene of a crime, and why did he take it five blocks past his rooming house?

The answer to the first part of your question is, of course, another unknowable. Who knows why Oswald offered to give up the cab? Nobody can know. But, after all, Oswald WAS right there at the Greyhound taxi stand. And there were bound to be more taxis coming and going from that taxi stand in a very short time. And, in fact, we know that another cab pulled up right behind William Whaley's cab when the lady stuck her head in the window.

As to why Oswald took the cab three blocks beyond his roominghouse (it wasn't five blocks beyond, because Oswald was dropped off at the corner of Beckley & Neely, which is the 700 block of Beckley), I think the answer to that is two-fold:

He didn't want cab driver Whaley to be able to tell anybody later exactly where he lived. And, probably of more critical importance to Oswald at the time, he wanted to check the area of his roominghouse for police activity. Oswald would have had no way of knowing how quickly the police would be on his trail, and he certainly didn't want to walk right into the arms of a waiting policeman on his Beckley doorstep.

Yes, it's true that Oswald wouldn't have to have driven three whole blocks beyond his room in order to see if some police were at 1026 N. Beckley, but he might have been thinking that anybody who wanted to surprise the Presidential assassin probably wouldn't be advertising himself by parking his marked police car right in front of 1026 Beckley. Therefore, he wanted to "case" the neighborhood a few blocks away from his room. (IMO, that's what he did.)

I'll once again reverse the tables regarding this question:

If Lee Oswald didn't have anything to hide and wasn't worried about being picked up by the authorities on 11/22/63, then why indeed did he tell William Whaley to drive a few blocks beyond his roominghouse that day?

In the final analysis, doesn't this type of strange behavior on the part of Lee Harvey Oswald on the day the President was shot from Oswald's own workplace lead much more toward Oswald's GUILT than it does his INNOCENCE?

Edited by David Von Pein

39) Who gave the DPD the description of the assassin that was broadcast over the police radio at 12:45pm?

I touched on this topic in answering Question #33. It was very likely Howard L. Brennan who provided the description broadcast on the DPD radio at 12:45. But even if it wasn't--so what? In fact, I've always kind of liked the idea that maybe it WASN'T Brennan who was responsible for that APB broadcast. Because in that case, as I mentioned before in Question 33, it means that there was yet another (unidentified) person in Dealey Plaza who described the sixth-floor TSBD assassin virtually the same way that Howard Brennan did. Here's the verbatim words that were broadcast over the Dallas Police radio at 12:45 PM CST on November 22, 1963, just fifteen minutes after President Kennedy was shot:

"Attention all squads. The suspect from Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male about thirty, slender build, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 165 pounds, armed with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle. No further description at this time, or information. 12:45."

Let's compare that description with what Howard Brennan wrote in his 11/22/63 affidavit:

"He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds."

Notice any similarities?

Of course, the part about the suspect being armed with a "30-30 rifle" probably didn't come from Brennan, because Brennan didn't know guns at all. So that part of the 12:45 DPD broadcast must have come from a different source entirely. But the description of the assassin is identical to the way Brennan himself described the assassin just a short time later on November 22nd in his Sheriff's Department affidavit.

Edited by David Von Pein

40) Who was in the DPD cop car outside Oswald’s rooming house while he was there?

Bill, you probably should change the title of this list of questions, because the current title

of "50 Questions that Can and Should be Answered" is certainly not accurate when it comes

to many of the unanswerable questions you've been asking so far -- such as this 40th entry.

Your thread title suggests that this question "can" be answered. Well, it cannot be answered. Nobody knows the answer to it, and it's very likely that nobody will ever know the answer to it.

But when this topic about the police car stopping in front of the Beckley roominghouse comes up, I always like to mention this fact (copied from an earlier Internet post I made on the subject):

"With respect to the horn-honking police car --- it must be kept in mind that Mrs. Roberts testified that it was not unusual at all for a police car to stop in front of the roominghouse and toot its horn. It happened on multiple OTHER days, according to Roberts.

So even if such an occurrence DID take place on November 22nd, it could be looked upon as a NORMAL occurrence, not an ABNORMAL or unusual one.

Or do some conspiracy theorists think that the Dallas Police were so shrewd in their advanced planning of the so-called "Frame-Up" of Lee Harvey Oswald that they had a police car stop in front of 1026 N. Beckley Avenue every so often in the weeks and/or months BEFORE the assassination, just so the car could honk its horn in front of the house...in order to make it look like an ordinary occurrence?

I'd like to know how the conspiracy theorists who think that a police car was "signalling" to Oswald on November 22 can possibly explain away the very same kind of horn-honking which took place at that exact same residence on multiple OTHER days when Presidents WEREN'T being murdered?

When we look at the horn-honking topic from that point-of-view, it makes any 11/22 horn-honking incident seem much less sinister. And if it WAS "sinister", then it's an awfully strange coincidence that the horn was honked ("tip-tip", says Roberts) in the exact same manner in which it was honked by other policemen on OTHER days prior to November 22nd. Wouldn't you agree?" -- DVP; April 17, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/David-Von-Pein/forum/Fx2TVHW5I0UEY9A/Tx498EODPNIRZ8/6/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&asin=0393045250&cdMsgID=Mx3F0CDCD54RLLR&cdMsgNo=148&cdSort=oldest#Mx3F0CDCD54RLLR

Edited by David Von Pein

41) Who was Tippit calling from the Top Ten Records shop phone ten minutes before he was killed?

~sigh~

Once again--unanswerable.

How the heck am I supposed to answer these unknowable questions, Bill? How can anybody possibly answer them? How?

Edited by David Von Pein