The Education Forum

A Secret Order: Investigating the High Strangeness and Synchronicity in the JFK Assassination

John Simkin

Most important: Chapter on June Cobb, which is to be followed up on with twice as much info in subsequent book and articles. I'm intrigued with Ms. Cobb, who is much overlooked in the entire assassination saga.

I also think the section on Spas Rankin is quite revealing, as are a few of the book's other sections. I don't attempt to 'solve' the case or to advance any theory in this volume as that is not the purpose of the

book. Groundwork needs to be established first. I'm headed to the UK and France in two days for research and other work over the next few weeks, so I may not be checking this page often-- but I will try to do so once in a while, as time and situation allows.

i found interesting the possibility that when oswald may not have been at the zoo all those days he was perhaps at a nearby mk-ulltra affiliated facilty. any idea of what they may have been interested in doing to or with the young man,

just in general struck by the pervasivenss of mk-ultra in all of this.

I'm not sure at all if LHO was involved in MK/ULTRA or any other CIA or Army mind control projects. But there is *no* doubt the key facilities were all around him and were going full-steam ahead

while he was in NYC. That most of the CIA's mind control files have been destroyed [in 1973 and earlier] was no coincidence. Helms said the "public would not understand the motivations"

of the various projects. There is also the issue that LSD was documented as being at Atsugi Naval base in Japan in 1953. [We know this *only* thru Frank Olson case documents.] Most likely it was there well after that date, and it is well documented that Artichoke teams traveled to Atsugi on several occasions in the years following 1953, until about 1961. It's important to distinguish between Artichoke and MK/ULTRA primarily because they were operated as separate CIA programs and under the direction of separate officials. Plus Artichoke was an "operational" program as opposed to a "research project." That LSD was at Atsugi could possibly account for Oswald's later interest in the drug. I consider it doubtful that Oswald was any sort of mind-control operative [or assassin]: for all intents, the creation of a Manchurian Candidate-type assassin did not work out very well for the Agency, plus there was no shortage of willing assassins who didn't need drug or hypnotic [or both] inducement. This is *not* to say that narco-hypnosis has not played a critical role the actions of some individuals over past decades. Hope this answers your question, Martin.