The Education Forum

Chapter 1 text of "State Secret" by Bill Simpich

State Secret

Wiretapping in Mexico City, Double Agents, and the Framing of Lee Oswald

by Bill Simpich

Chapter 1: The Double Dangle

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/State_Secret_Chapter1

Good going Bill Simpich!

I really like the part about sending "an accident on the way to happen," and the fact that both Marina and Snyder's secretary Hallett confused Oswald and Webster.

Though Bill doesn't mention it, yet, Hallett's husband US Navy Lt. Oliver Hallett was the duty officer at the White House Situation Room on 11/22/63 and manned the radio that communicated with the cabinet plane and AF1, and told them that Oswald was arrested for the assassination. I wonder if Oliver Hallett recalled Oswald the accused assassin from being at the US Embassy in Moscow when he was stationed there and met his wife?

Edited by William Kelly

I believe that Webster (and other period military defectors) are important to understanding the Oswald case, but I would have to see better photo evidence of an "eerie" resemblance between Webster and Oswald. In the photo offered, Webster looks more like David Ferrie than like Oswald.

I believe that Webster (and other period military defectors) are important to understanding the Oswald case, but I would have to see better photo evidence of an "eerie" resemblance between Webster and Oswald. In the photo offered, Webster looks more like David Ferrie than like Oswald.

David,

Right now (10/07/13) there are some old press photos of Webster for sale on eBay in which I see a strong facial resemblance between he and Oswald.

Two of the photos show Webster with blond hair, which might help to implicate him as the "Blond Oswald" whom either (?) the Cuban Consul Azcue and (?) Sylvia Duran claimed to have dealt with in Mexico City in late September, 1963.

Just go to eBay and in the search box type in "Robert E. Webster" and see for yourself.

--Tommy :sun.

Edited by Thomas Graves