The Education Forum

JFK assassination eyewitness won’t be at 50th anniversary ceremony

JFK assassination eyewitness won’t be at 50th anniversary ceremony

From the article: “James Tague was an eyewitness to the assassination to President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas on November 22 in 1963. Tague is the only man in addition to President Kennedy and Texas Governor John B. Connally who was wounded by gunfire in Dallas’s Dealey plaza that day, yet he cannot get a ticket to the tightly controlled “public ceremony” in the tightly locked-down Dealey Plaza. They are turning away a witness whose testimony caused the Warren Commission members to rewrite their report.

“Tague is among the handful still living who saw JFK’s murder. Tague sustained a scrape on his face from a bullet that ricocheted off a curb where Tague stood. Tague testified to the Warren Commission. But Tague can’t get into the ceremony, nor can any other citizen.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/16/jfk-assassination-eyewitness-wont-be-at-50th-anniversary-ceremony/#ixzz2hu9sojTM

Gary Mack: Tague doesn't rate a ticket?

I would like to know how many people - other than those who were given public tickets in the lottery - how many people will be given a pass?

I would think that the people organizing the event - the Mayor, the main speaker - Ruth A. and her committee, and the Sixth Floor - among others - how many OTHER people will be given PASSES to the event besides those who "won" the lottery. And who are they?

That should be public info.

My lotto entry was accepted, which is not necessarily the norm I've been told. However, as of the deadline date of the 15th, I did not receive notification that I would be issued a ticket. So I'm out, I guess.

A list of everyone who applied for but was denied entry would also be interesting to compare with the list of those who were "randomly" selected.

It appears that I'm out, too. I'm a little suspicious. The movie Parkland bombed. The interest of the public at large appears to be elsewhere. And yet, not one of the CTs on this forum got picked? I mean, we're talking about 5,000 tickets, right? To find 5,000 people with an interest in Kennedy, who are NOT CTs, they would have to have processed what? 40-50 thousand requests? Did they get 40-50 thousand requests? I'd bet not.

This makes me suspect, then, that those putting on this shindig cut heavily into the pool of available tickets by inviting local groups, and organizations, regardless of whether these groups had an actual interest in Kennedy.

Gary has replied to my similar query on another forum about Tague getting a ticket. With his permission, I show his reply.

" As for Jim Tague, neither I nor The Sixth Floor Museum have any control or leverage with the city of Dallas, which is solely responsible for the 50th event in Dealey Plaza.

In fact, until the city finalizes its security plans, the Museum does not know how soon after the event ends when it can open for visitors.

Besides, what makes Jim Tague so special over anyone else - witnesses included - who would like to attend the 50th but cannot?"

Seems it has nothing to do with him.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Gary has replied to my similar query on another forum about Tague getting a ticket. With his permission, I show his reply.

" As for Jim Tague, neither I nor The Sixth Floor Museum have any control or leverage with the city of Dallas, which is solely responsible for the 50th event in Dealey Plaza.

In fact, until the city finalizes its security plans, the Museum does not know how soon after the event ends when it can open for visitors.

Besides, what makes Jim Tague so special over anyone else - witnesses included - who would like to attend the 50th but cannot?"

Seems it has nothing to do with him.

Thanks for sharing that, Ray.

Gary's right. All of the assassination witnesses should be allowed to attend.

(Except, perhaps, Danny Garcia Arce. He's the guy who said he was on the Grassy Knoll but couldn't see the limo!)

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves