The Education Forum

Will public interest in the JFK assassination die after 11/22/2013?

WHAT HAPPENED TO FORT DETRICK?

The FBI Lab headed off the investigation the night of the autopsy.

It was the autopsists who were hot on the trail of Fort Detrick, Bill. They just didn't realize it.

Senseney testified that the CIA returned the testing equipment. Assuming that is true (a big assumption since he displayed more CIA CYA than Colby did in regards to testing on humans) we might look extra hard at US Army Special Forces, tho to be honest the trail is beyond dead cold.

Who knows, maybe someone stole the equipment. What equipment?

For a possible answer to that I turn to a researcher I like a lot, Joe Backes.

In fact, when I grow up to be a real JFK assassination researcher instead of the dedicated hobbyist that I am, I wanna be just like Joe Backes.

This is Backes account of a discussion about Black Dog Man with grassy knoll witness Evelyn King, emphasis mine:

And then she says very fast, quickly, somebody ran right in front of her and then past her and got next to the corner of the concrete wall. Now Robert Groden over the years has said that this is the Black Dog man. Well, Evelyn King related to us basically that she didn’t know who the guy was but he had a Black hoodie on and that his hands were in his front pocket and he appeared to have something in his hands. She said she saw what appeared to be a gun, but she said it was a little bit larger than a handgun. And did the gentleman use it? She said, I don’t know, because she was distracted. She was distracted because as she was sitting there eating lunch a Dallas police officer fired a shot. Well, how do we know it was a Dallas police officer? When the shot was fired she turned around and looked right at the fenceline 15 to 20 feet away, looking at him right in the eye. She said it was a Dallas cop. Before she could hit the ground, another person and she believed was another police officer fired from the fence line.

The HSCA analysis of the Willis #5 photo found "a very distinct straight-line feature" in the area of Black Dog Man's hands.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol12/html/HSCA_Vol12_0006a.htm

Here's what the HSCA summarized about Rosemary Willis' recollections of the shooting:

Rosemary Willis...noticed two persons who looked "conspicuous." One was a man near

the curb holding an umbrella, who appeared to be more concerned with opening and closing

the umbrella than dropping to the ground like everyone else at the time of the shots. The

other was a person who was standing just behind the concrete wall down by the triple

underpass. That person appeared to "disappear the next instant."

While all this is consistent with Black Dog Man firing the throat shot, it isn't conclusive.

If BDM fired the throat shot, isn't it strange that a weapon a little larger than a handgun would create such minor damage as we see in the neck x-ray?

22shanexlarge1cia_zps07fec4d6.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One key factor that may keep interest in the JFK assassination from dying after the 50th anniversary is the large number of videos that have been made concerning the event. Here are two videos that were made the day of the assassination. One has Oswald responding to reporters' questions and the other is a statement by the president of the Dallas Bar Association after he met with Oswald regarding legal representation:

Well, I still don't know what Cliff has to say about what happened at Fort Detrick, and look forward to his report.

As for Joe Backes and Evelyn King, from what I understand, Backes reported in his blog on a presentation made by Casey Quinlin at a JFK Lancer conference in Dallas, when CQ reported on meeting Michael Brownlow and Evelyn King on the Grassy Knoll when he took a high school class there. Casey said that King wouldn't talk to him directly but she told her story through Michael Brownlow, who was a young lad who viewed the assassination with his aunt from Houston street, and now hangs out at Dealey Plaza giving tours of assassination hot spots.

Browlow told Casey and Casey told the Lancer conference and Backes and Backes wrote it up in his blog that Evelyn King saw a Dallas cop with a rifle behind the picket fence, possibly two of them, but this is so far removed from its original source that it loses credibility.

What is needed is for Evelyn King to come forward and be properly interviewed by someone like Jeff Morley, Tony Summers or David Talbot, who we can trust to present Evelyn King's story truthfully.

If Cliff wants to be Joe Backes when he grows up, I think he's already there. You are now tall enough to get on the ride.

Congrats Cliff, you've achieved your goal, but you should have set the bar a little higher and you might have surprised yourself.

And thank you Mr. Caddy for your video of Oswald proclaiming his innocence and being framed as a Patsy, which flies in the face of all those who claim that Oswald killed JFK to seek notorety.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Dr. Gary North wrote the follow on his website today:

“You get to certain events, such as the Kennedy assassination, and there are incomplete records. Some of the records are inaccurate. Some of the records have been suppressed. You can establish certain kinds of patterns, such as what was going on with the CIA, or the mob, or in the morning events of Lee Harvey Oswald. The problem, above all, is this: connecting what happened in the Texas book depository with what happened, or maybe didn't happen, on the grassy knoll. It's the timing factor. If JFK was shot from behind, how was the timing coordinated with whoever shot him up from the grassy knoll? People can make all kinds of connections between Oswald and other groups, but in a few seconds, recorded on Zapruder's film, the events come together in just a few frames. The coordination of those brief sequences of causation is really inconceivable. That is what baffles historians. There are the other issues, such as what happened to Kennedy's body while it was in the airplane. But, ultimately, it is the coordination of the events of the actual shooting that has to be explained, and it resists explanation.

“I contend that virtually every event has the same problems, but most events are not worth assembling the documentation. I call it the irreducible complexity of an historical event. The event is a combination of multiple chains of causation, and every time you look in detail at these chains of causation, you cannot sort all of them out. Furthermore, there are not historical records for most of them.”

http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~anderson/PDF_files/Chaos.pdf

Thanks for that thoughtful insight Mr. Caddy, as it is so true - the details of the event have escaped - everyone - not only historians.

BK

Bill and Douglas,

If JFK was shot from behind, how was the timing coordinated with whoever shot him up from the grassy knoll?

How an ambush begins is not that complicated. This is a tactical question and may seem "mysterious", I suppose, to the untrained.

There are many ways that this can be coordinated and the plan executed.

Well, I still don't know what Cliff has to say about what happened at Fort Detrick, and look forward to his report.

I never said I solved the case, Bill.

There are many strings of evidence consistent with the autopsists' view that JFK was struck with rounds that didn't show up on x-ray.

One of those strings leads to Fort Detrick, where weapons were tested using rounds that didn't show up on x-ray.

My job is to point out the obvious, Bill.

As for Joe Backes and Evelyn King, from what I understand, Backes reported in his blog on a presentation made by Casey Quinlin at a JFK Lancer conference in Dallas, when CQ reported on meeting Michael Brownlow and Evelyn King on the Grassy Knoll when he took a high school class there. Casey said that King wouldn't talk to him directly but she told her story through Michael Brownlow, who was a young lad who viewed the assassination with his aunt from Houston street, and now hangs out at Dealey Plaza giving tours of assassination hot spots.

Browlow told Casey and Casey told the Lancer conference and Backes and Backes wrote it up in his blog that Evelyn King saw a Dallas cop with a rifle behind the picket fence, possibly two of them, but this is so far removed from its original source that it loses credibility.

What is needed is for Evelyn King to come forward and be properly interviewed by someone like Jeff Morley, Tony Summers or David Talbot, who we can trust to present Evelyn King's story truthfully.

If Cliff wants to be Joe Backes when he grows up, I think he's already there. You are now tall enough to get on the ride.

I stand corrected!

In my excitement I didn't follow the provenance of the quote closely enough. Sloppy of me, no doubt.

What I got out of the quote was the stuff about Black Dog Man -- a man with a weapon a bit larger than a handgun. Fort Detrick tested blood-soluble, flechette-based weapons a bit larger than handguns.

This is all consistent with what the autopsists suspected when the body was in front of them.

That's the historical record I'm working off of, Bill. What the autopsists thought at the time of the autopsy.

One more time because I'm not sure this is sinking in...

From autopsy-attendee FBI SA Francis O'Neill's sworn affidavit:

Some discussion did occur concerning the disintegration of the bullet. A general

feeling existed that a soft-nosed bullet struck JFK. There was discussion concerning

the back wound that the bullet could have been a "plastic" type or an "Ice" [sic]

bullet, one which dissolves after contact.

From autopsy-attendee FBI SA James Sibert's sworn affidavit:

The doctors also discussed a possible deflection of the bullet in the body caused

by striking bone. Consideration was also given to a type of bullet which fragments

completely....Following discussion among the doctors relating to the back injury, I

left the autopsy room to call the FBI Laboratory and spoke with Agent Chuch [sic]

Killion. I asked if he could furnish any information regarding a type of bullet that

would almost completely fragmentize (sic).

I'm just pointing out obvious things, Bill.

Congrats Cliff, you've achieved your goal, but you should have set the bar a little higher and you might have surprised yourself.

It's okay, Bill. I never had any real intent to grow up. Hobbyists like me have no need to take ourselves so seriously...

And thank you Mr. Caddy for your video of Oswald proclaiming his innocence and being framed as a Patsy, which flies in the face of all those who claim that Oswald killed JFK to seek notorety.

BK

At first I thought that the 50th was the end of the game, and that not only public interest would die, but I would get out of the game.

Well now, with the upcoming media blitz, and recalling how one movie - JFK - startled a whole generation into paying attention to the assassination - I think this media blitz will do the same - and while over doing it may turn some kids off, others will become intrigued and maybe start asking questions.

There will be a major conference on the Warren Report in DC next year and maybe people will still be interested in October 2017 when they are required to release the remaining sealed files - unless the president holds them back - which means the JFK records will be a campaign issue in the next election.

Edited by William Kelly

At first I thought that the 50th was the end of the game, and that not only public interest would die, but I would get out of the game.

Well now, with the upcoming media blitz, and recalling how one movie - JFK - startled a whole generation into paying attention to the assassination - I think this media blitz will do the same - and while over doing it may turn some kids off, others will become intrigued and maybe start asking questions.

There will be a major conference on the Warren Report in DC next year and maybe people will still be interested in October 2017 when they are required to release the remaining sealed files - unless the president holds them back - which means the JFK records will be a campaign issue in the next election.

The kids are suckers for the facts, Bubba.

I agree that this seems to be a time for a new beginning. Once this generation can understand the disinfo and misinfo that is coming at them from both sides they can then be able to decide for themselves what really happened. I think the 50th will be a great opportunity for clearing the air, and the takover of DP by the 6FM et al cannot help but raise a big red flag to those interested enough to ask some good questions.