The Education Forum

Jesse Ventura: the assassination and cover-up matter more than ever

Jesse sure likes to repeat them factoids.

Indeed he does. It would appear as if Mr. Ventura believes about every conspiracy myth ever to take flight.

And with Ventura's book of fantasies now getting into the hands of many people (it's the 328th best-selling book on Amazon.com as of this writing on October 27, 2013), it looks like those tired CT myths will be recycled for a long time to come.

The one about Oswald not being able to work the bolt on his Carcano fast enough to perform the Dallas shooting is always good for a large-sized laugh, especially when we see Ventura HIMSELF--a military man--pretending that it's the hardest chore imaginable.

Ventura made three attempts on camera in a 2010 TruTV episode to duplicate Oswald's shooting performance (which Jesse said took LHO 6.3 seconds--a figure he made up from whole cloth, of course). In his first attempt, Jesse did everything he could to make firing his Carcano seem like it was more difficult than building the Pyramids, and as a result of this obvious stretched-out fakery, Jesse's first time was a ridiculous 11.17 seconds.

jfk-archives.blogspot.com / A Bunch Of Crap From Jesse Ventura

Edited by David Von Pein

I do think that Mr Ventura has some interest in the assassination, but I also believe that when he saw the huge interest the citizenry had in it as he was doing the television series (Conspiracy Theories), it has become a money making venture instead!

Edited by Terry Adams

The one about Oswald not being able to work the bolt on his Carcano fast enough to perform the Dallas shooting is always good for a large-sized laugh, especially when we see Ventura HIMSELF--a military man--pretending that it's the hardest chore imaginable.

now who would you trust regarding rifle matters Jesse Ventura or the below fob: John Mcadams (aka Paul Nolan)? ? ?

http://www.prouty.org/mcadams/nolan2.jpg during the "stationary sandbag shootout" a lone nut extravaganza... starring .John and Todd Vaughn...

? ? ?

Edited by David G. Healy

I am not that hard on Ventura. I think he is earnest. He had many shows in his series where he investigated conspiracy theories and debunked them. In one of his episodes he tells the story of what it was like on day 1 of his governorship. As he describes it, he sat down in a room with a very large table at which were seated many people he did not recognize and who were unidentified, but were clearly intelligence types, shadow govt etc., and realized at that moment that he knew almost nothing about the power establishment. I believe it was the beginning of his education in how little power an elected official really has, even a governor or a president. He has a lot of courage, apparent in his on air confrontations. I don't want to overdo my admiration, but it is considerable.

I am not that hard on Ventura. I think he is earnest. He had many shows in his series where he investigated conspiracy theories and debunked them. In one of his episodes he tells the story of what it was like on day 1 of his governorship. As he describes it, he sat down in a room with a very large table at which were seated many people he did not recognize and who were unidentified, but were clearly intelligence types, shadow govt etc., and realized at that moment that he knew almost nothing about the power establishment. I believe it was the beginning of his education in how little power an elected official really has, even a governor or a president. He has a lot of courage, apparent in his on air confrontations. I don't want to overdo my admiration, but it is considerable.

Gov. Jesse blew into office in Minnesota like a cyclone. I have never seen so many people lined up to vote before in our little precinct, but he brought them out. It turned out that he is a truly original person with at-times outrageous positions. I have been alternately relieved and dismayed hearing him speak.

In terms of the JFK assassination, he managed to get himself hooked up with Jim Fetzer, who used to be at UMD. To my thinking, this has not been beneficial to JV because, as we know, Fetzer tends to push the wildest theories available. It is surprising he hasn't managed to take JV with him.

In terms of the JFK assassination, he managed to get himself hooked up with Jim Fetzer, who used to be at UMD. To my thinking, this has not been beneficial to JV because, as we know, Fetzer tends to push the wildest theories available. It is surprising he hasn't managed to take JV with him.

Dr. James Fetzer *retired* from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. Some how in his "misguided ways" managed to obtain the Distinguished McKnight University Professor award. Imagine that! And, from his UoM website ( http://www.d.umn.edu/~jfetzer/ ):

"He has published more than 100 articles and reviews and 20 books in the philosophy of science and on the theoretical foundations of computer science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science. On this web page, his publications have been divided by area, including special vitae for computer science, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, evolution and cognition, and his applied philosophical research on the death of JFK. His biographical sketch has appeared in many reference works, including the DIRECTORY OF AMERICAN SCHOLARS, WHO'S WHO IN THE MIDWEST, WHO'S WHO IN AMERICA, and WHO'S WHO IN THE WORLD. It may be found, for example, in the DIRECTORY OF AMERICAN SCHOLARS, 10th edition, WHO'S WHO IN AMERICA, 55th edition (2001), and WHO'S WHO IN THE WORLD, 18th edition (2001)."

It's certainly understandable why select individuals wish only for his failure... So how 'bout that limo? Which of course we all realize would never be allowed in evidence...

Edited by David G. Healy

Dr. James Fetzer *retired* from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. Some how in his "misguided ways" managed to obtain the Distinguished McKnight University Professor award. Imagine that! And, from his UoM website ( http://www.d.umn.edu/~jfetzer/ ):

"He has published more than 100 articles and reviews and 20 books in the philosophy of science and on the theoretical foundations of computer science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science. On this web page, his publications have been divided by area, including special vitae for computer science, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, evolution and cognition, and his applied philosophical research on the death of JFK. His biographical sketch has appeared in many reference works, including the DIRECTORY OF AMERICAN SCHOLARS, WHO'S WHO IN THE MIDWEST, WHO'S WHO IN AMERICA, and WHO'S WHO IN THE WORLD. It may be found, for example, in the DIRECTORY OF AMERICAN SCHOLARS, 10th edition, WHO'S WHO IN AMERICA, 55th edition (2001), and WHO'S WHO IN THE WORLD, 18th edition (2001)."

It's certainly understandable why select individuals wish only for his failure... So how 'bout that limo? Which of course we all realize would never be allowed in evidence...

Not exactly. It is my understanding Fetzer was 'retired' from UMD because of one or more complaints having to do with harrassment.

What exactly do you mean by "So how 'bout that limo? Which of course we all realize would never be allowed in evidence..."?

Has not Fetzer has pushed the 'spiral nebulae' theory on a t+t bullet hole in the windshield for ages? Did it matter to him that the NARA negative shows no such thing, and that this artifact may be a result of hastily putting it out to some newspapers, for example? Hasn't he continued to push the "Man from the Rouge" long after having been provided with very expensive research at the HFM that demonstrated the limo was not there at any time?

It seems to me that Fetzer's position as a 'credible person' may be the CT extremist position comparable to McAdams on the LNT side. We are supposed to 'believe' them rather than thinking things through for ourselves. "Believing" either of them causes researchers to end up going around in circles. But then, that is what real disinfo is all about, isn't it? And that is why the research community is basically an assassination circus.

Edited by Pamela Brown

Jessie's television show was very repetitive.

His brain trust team looked like a bunch of 25 year old gamers and stoners.

The shows were only tangentially about the supposed topics, because they were mostly about Jessie.

The fact that he was a Seal and a former Governor of MN doesn't mean he gets access to intelligence facilities (e.g. the HAARP facility), notwithstanding his self-aggrandizing protestations which follow the "don't you know who I am" meme.

Jessie focused on some decent topics, including the JFK assassination, but having him prominently on your side of an issue doesn't lend much creedence to your cause.