The Education Forum

David Morales

But you didn't notice that Billings first mentioned the Oswald sighting at the Carousel by Harvey Wade, but doesn't mention that Wade describes a Latin male with a scar over his left eyebrow. But he segues into the Trade Mart leafleting, saying that Garrison thinks the 'Shepherd' had such a scar, and that the same man might have been driving the station wagon (tan, light green, possibly two toned and faded) belonging to Ruth Paine, and also might have been in the missing Oswald in MC photos. And I think it's likely that in 1967 no one had heard of Morales. You posted years ago on the station wagon and photos thereof.

Yeah I'll continue reading. But I would think, given that apparently I discovered something you had missed that pertained directly to your stated theory, that you would be a bit more interested. And I notice no one else participating despite the fact I'll bet plenty of readers suspect Morales as being the key operational figure.

Dear Paul,

Nice discovery. Thanks for sharing. I mean it.

Looks like we've finally cracked the case. LOL

-- Tommy :sun

PS A lot of people seem to forget or just don't know that the uneventful, TV station-filmed "Trade Mart leafleting" was on August 16, exactly one week after Oswald's infamous leafleting in the 500 block of Canal Street (just four blocks from Dean Andrew's office in the "Pere Marquette Building" at 921 Canal Street).

It would be interesting to find out that "Neck Scratcher" was monitoring Oswald on August 16, too. At the Trade Mart.

I believe that on August 9, Oswald started leafleting at the Pere Marquette Building where Oswald's putative lawyer, Dean Andrews, said he saw Oswald handing out flyers as he was walking back to his office from the NBC building, and asked Oswald what the heck he thought he was doing, and Oswald allegedly told him "It's a job". I believe that Oswald then walked down to the 500 block of Canal Street, where he ended up being monitored by "Neck Scratcher," filmed by teenager Jim Doyle (and the mysterious John T[imothy?] Martin from Minnesotta), and getting himself arrested along with the three anti-Castro Cubans -- Carlos Bringuier, Miguel Cruz, and Celso Hernandez (the latter possibly being the same "Celso Hernandez" with whom, strangely, an Oswald impersonator may have been arrested a couple of years earlier in New Orleans!).

From a "Harvey and Lee"-oriented website:

"In the fall of 1961, Police Officer Charles Noto arrested Lee Oswald

and Celso Hernandez on Breakwater Road on the Lakefront in New Orleans.

They were brought to Levee Board Police Headquarters where, after a

closed door session with Marcel Champon, the officer in charge, they

were released. This 1961 arrest is very important. Two years later,

in August, 1963, Celso Hernandez would again be arrested. But this

time he was arrested with Harvey Oswald, who created a disturbance by

handing out "Fair Play for Cuba Literature." Hernandez knew both

Oswalds. [Documentation from the Noto arrest comes from the Garrison

investigation, much of it available to, but buried by, the HSCA.]"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.conspiracy.jfk/EdESjaVtYMI

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armstrong claims that Lee Oswald and Celso Hernandez were arrested in late 1961, whereas Simpich, in his article about the twelve men that built the Oswald legend claims the arrest, presumably the same one referred to by Armstrong, occurred in late 1962. Obviously there is a huge difference.

Any pics of Celso Hernandez? Simpich says there appear to be two with the same name, one of whom was possibly a Castro agent, the other anti-Castro DRE.

Simpich refers to Isidro Borja as military commander of DRE. Question for you Tommy, who has spent considerable time over the years studying pictures of Oswald in NO among others. Have you ever looked through with an eye to spotting George Joannides?

Simpich refers to Isidro Borja as military commander of DRE. Question for you Tommy, who has spent considerable time over the years studying pictures of Oswald in NO among others. Have you ever looked through with an eye to spotting George Joannides?

Paul,

I know what he looks like (I can see him in my mind's eye right now), but I haven't made a conscious effort to spot him in New Orleans. Knowing the way my mind works, though, I think I would have noticed him by now, if he had indeed been "captured" in any of the New Orleans photos or films. Or anyplace else for that matter, not even the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles in June, 1968.

Edited by Thomas Graves

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I've moved this post to the Miguel Mariano Cruz thread, where just yesterday I posted something about Celso Hernandez. -- T. Graves

OK, would anyone care to say anything about "Neck Scratcher," or David Sanchez Morales?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Moved here from the "Miguel Mariano Cruz" thread.

Paul Brancato, on 05 Oct 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:snapback.png

Tommy,

Why do you think "Neck Scratcher" is David Sanchez Morales?

Dear Paul,

Sequentially-listed "observations," made while watching that part of the video. They are not listed in order of importance:

1 ) Neck Scratcher's great interest in LHO

2 ) His athletic physique

3 ) His skin color

4 ) His unusual "scratching" of his neck -- sending a message or hiding something?

5 ) His wearing a ("CIA") suit on a hot afternoon -- also noticed by 14 year-old Jim Doyle.

6 ) His having a camera strap around his neck -- Jim Doyle said a suited man was taking photos of LHO with an expensive-looking camera. The same strap is visible in a photo of DSM taken three years later, in which, btw, he's wearing a similar looking dark-colored suit.

7 ) His index finger is light colored on top and on the side -- like Morales' in a photo taken of him in Vietnam.

8 ) His apparently not wanting his own face to be "caught" on film by Jim Doyle.

9 ) The fact that LHO appears to sneak a look at him.

Also:

1 ) "Spanish Trace" / "Carousel Strip-Joint Buddy" / had a scar on his left eyebrow.

2 ) As Larry Hancock has said, Morales was a hands-on kind of guy when it came to running Op's.

3 ) Morales was stationed at JM/WAVE in Miami, and theoretically could have been New Orleans to size up LHO.

That's about it, Paul.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hey Tommy,

Wasn't there another leafleting event near the aircraft carrier WASP? The proximity of CV-18 to that event might also suggest some type of control and monitoring by ONI.

Chris,

Yes, there was. I don't want to post the details on this "from memory," so I'll look into it and update my answer later.

I know John Newman writes about it in "Oswald and the CIA."

Edited by Thomas Graves

Paul Brancato, on 05 Oct 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:snapback.png

Tommy,

Why do you think "Neck Scratcher" is David Sanchez Morales?

Dear Paul,

Sequentially-listed "observations," made while watching that part of the video. They are not listed in order of importance:

1 ) Neck Scratcher's great interest in LHO

2 ) His athletic physique

3 ) His skin color

4 ) His unusual "scratching" of his neck -- sending a message or hiding something?

5 ) His wearing a ("CIA") suit on a hot afternoon -- also noticed by 14 year-old Jim Doyle.

6 ) His having a camera strap around his neck -- Jim Doyle said a suited man was taking photos of LHO with an expensive-looking camera. The same strap is visible in a photo of DSM taken three years later, in which, btw, he's wearing a similar looking dark-colored suit.

7 ) His index finger is light colored on top and on the side -- like Morales' in a photo taken of him in Vietnam.

8 ) His apparently not wanting his own face to be "caught" on film by Jim Doyle.

9 ) The fact that LHO appears to sneak a look at him.

Also:

1 ) "Spanish Trace" / "Carousel Strip-Joint Buddy" / had a scar on his left eyebrow.

2 ) As Larry Hancock has said, Morales was a hands-on kind of guy when it came to running Op's.

3 ) Morales was stationed at JM/WAVE in Miami, and theoretically could have been New Orleans to size up LHO.

That's about it, Paul.

Tommy,

This is all very thorough and convincing, yet it can be interpreted in many ways.

I would interpret it through a manuscript by CIA Agent David Atlee Phillips, who wrote THE AMLASH LEGACY (1988) to describe how he was grooming LHO to assassinate Fidel Castro.

It is well known that LHO wanted to be a CIA Agent. Yet he wasn't. (If LHO had actually become a CIA Agent, it would have been impossible to make him into a Patsy.)

However, LHO most likely believed that he was working in New Orleans for Guy Banister just so that he could become a CIA Agent. His mission -- according to David Atlee Phillips -- would be to infiltrate the Communist Party, and then obtain instant passage into Cuba from Mexico City, and there participate in a team to assassinate Fidel Castro.

Now, we know that David Morales also wanted to assassinate Fidel Castro -- with a vengeance. So, from that viewpoint, we shouldn't be surprised to learn that David Morales also took part in this plot involving LHO in New Orleans. Nor should we be surprised that LHO recognized David Morales.

What LHO didn't know was that David Morales was soon to impersonate LHO in Mexico City the day after LHO left Mexico City -- thus starting a top-secret CIA "mole hunt" that went on for years (according to Bill Simpich (2014)).

IMHO, what LHO didn't know was that David Morales was part of a Civilian plot to make LHO into a patsy for an even bigger assassination.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hey Tommy,

Wasn't there another leafleting event near the aircraft carrier WASP? The proximity of CV-18 to that event might also suggest some type of control and monitoring by ONI.

Chris,

Yes, there was. I don't want to post the details on this "from memory," so I'll look into it and update my answer later.

I know John Newman writes about it in "Oswald and the CIA."

Newman writes extensively about it in Oswald and the CIA, Chris.

Bottom line, "5'9", 150 lb" Oswald was handing out his FPCC flyers to Navy personnel near the USS Wasp on Sunday, June 16, 1963, and alluded to this activity in a letter he wrote to FPCC national director Vincent T. Lee on August 1, 1963.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Newman writes extensively about it in Oswald and the CIA, Chris.

Bottom line, "5'9", 150 lb" Oswald was handing out his FPCC flyers to Navy personnel near the USS Wasp on Sunday, June 16, 1963, and alluded to this activity in a letter he wrote to FPCC national director Vincent T. Lee on August 1, 1963.

OK, so June 16, 1963 was still in the New Orleans period, when Oswald was working at 544 Camp Street with Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Fred Crisman, Jack S. Martin and Tommy Beckham.

Insofar as the CIA was involved through David Morales and David Atlee Phillips, we have the 1988 manuscript from Phillips, THE AMLASH LEGACY, which portrays Oswald as infiltrating the Communist Party in order to gain entry into Cuba through Mexico City. The actual target at this time was still Fidel Castro.

Even David Morales, IMHO, was obsessed only with assassinating Fidel Castro during June 16, 1963. Other options remained unclear.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo