The Education Forum

David Morales

At its most basic and obvious, the manuscript strongly suggests that Phillips was running Oswald.

Yes, but Jim Garrison added copious detail to the case in New Orleans. So on closer inspection it is clear that Phillips was not at the ground level running Oswald, but was only supervising at a high level. Guy Banister and David Ferrie were operating at the Ground Level, and had more day-to-day interaction with Oswald. The Fake FPCC was run out of 544 Camp Street -- and that's the key, IMHO.

As Jeff Caufield (2015) shows, Guy Banister had civilian connections with General Walker. General Walker's personal papers claim (in contradiction to his WC testimony) that Walker was tracking Oswald since April, 1963 -- the month that Oswald moved to New Orleans.

Jim Garrison tried to show that all the New Orleans players at 544 Camp Street were involved in a JFK assassination plot, but he failed to make the case in court. What he could have proved, easily, is that these people were all involved in a Fidel Castro assassination plot -- but he didn't choose to make that case.

IMHO, 99% of the people of 544 Camp Street were obsessed with assassinating Fidel Castro -- and that would certainly include David Atlee Phillips, E. Howard Hunt and David Morales. But everybody else at 544 Camp Street were mercenaries, and civilian activists, and not CIA Agents at all.

As David Atlee Phillips said in his manuscript, he was grooming Oswald to kill Fidel Castro -- "but somebody else hijacked Oswald for the JFK assassination." That claim is plausible based on the facts.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Not on ground level' - your words Paul T not mine. My post is suggesting that we are developing evidence that David Morales may have been in the ground in New Orleans and Dallas 'running' Oswald. Garrison, according to the notes of Richard Billings, speculated that a man with a scar over his left eye was watching Oswald, and that possibly the reason no photos of Oswald from Mexico City exist is because they show Oswald in the company of this man, presumed by Garrison to be CIA. From what I can tell, Garrison never heard of David Morales. If someone knows otherwise please correct me on this. But he seems to be describing an individual that very well could be Morales. Veciana eventually confirmed without equivocation that he had seen Oswald with 'Bishop', and that Bishop was David Atlee Phillips. Finding Morales in Oswald's milieu on the ground in New Orleans and at the Carousel Club would be ......not so surprising.

'Not on ground level' - your words Paul T not mine. My post is suggesting that we are developing evidence that David Morales may have been in the ground in New Orleans and Dallas 'running' Oswald. Garrison, according to the notes of Richard Billings, speculated that a man with a scar over his left eye was watching Oswald, and that possibly the reason no photos of Oswald from Mexico City exist is because they show Oswald in the company of this man, presumed by Garrison to be CIA. From what I can tell, Garrison never heard of David Morales. If someone knows otherwise please correct me on this. But he seems to be describing an individual that very well could be Morales. Veciana eventually confirmed without equivocation that he had seen Oswald with 'Bishop', and that Bishop was David Atlee Phillips. Finding Morales in Oswald's milieu on the ground in New Orleans and at the Carousel Club would be ......not so surprising.

Well, Paul B., no credible evidence ever placed LHO at the Carousel Club.

Again -- insofar as David Atlee Phillips was interested in LHO, it was most likely as he said -- in the context of AMLASH and assassinating Fidel Castro.

We know that David Morales was also obsessed with assassinating Fidel Castro, so we cannot be surprised to find David Morales on the ground-level supporting LHO in his infiltration of the Communist Party through that Fake FPCC at 544 Camp Street in New Orleans.

Again -- the context was the assassination of Fidel Castro -- and Jim Garrison completely missed the significance of this, IMHO.

David Atlee Phillips (1988) said that "somebody" hi-jacked LHO from his AMLASH plot, in order to assassinate JFK.

Yes -- that would have been David Morales.

Joan Mellon links the CIA to Guy Banister at a meeting in New Orleans at one of Carlos Marcello's Town & Country motel/restaurants in August, 1963, in which they discussed JFK's secret overtures to Fidel Castro -- known only to the CIA at the time.

Again, that would have been David Morales, because Morales was one of the few who were privy to that top secret CIA information, and also close to the Cuban Expatriate mercenaries at Lake Pontchartrain.

But most stunning of all, Bill Simpich (2014) links David Morales to the telephone impersonation of LHO at the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City, the day after LHO left Mexico. This telephone was the most wire-tapped phone on earth, says Simpich, who also suggests that David Morales was the leader of that little plot -- which the CIA high-command knew nothing about, causing them to start a top-secret Mole Hunt (since they were sure it was a mole).

David Morales, then, is my first guess for the person who "hi-jacked" LHO from David Atlee Phillips. David Morales was working with CIVILIANS in this plot, first and foremost with Guy Banister, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and various survivors of the Bay of Pigs -- but almost certainly also with General Walker and DPD rogues on the ground-level in Dallas.

The JFK assassination was a CIVILIAN plot. The CIA didn't know what hit them. Bill Simpich is primary evidence. David Atlee Phillips is secondary evidence.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I know you always filter anything anyone writes through your pet theory. I am not going to second guess whether Morales was rogue or not, because unlike you I don't presume to know that guys like Phillips or Helms or the rest couldn't possibly be guilty, and that anything Morales might have done had to be on his own. What I am pointing out is that Garrison caught on to this muscular Mexican with the scar over his left eye watching Oswald in New Orleans, even though he didn't know his name. I'm pointing out also that we know with near certainty that Phillips met with Oswald in Dallas !! We have a very good eye witness account of a scene at the Carousel club where a Mexican with a scar over his left eye was sitting with Oswald. We also know that Phillips very close lifelong friend and co-founder of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers Gordon McLendon was close to Jack Ruby. How many more clues do we need? None. Oswald was in some capacity working with Phillips and Morales. And in some way, Ruby was involved. Exactly how remains a bit of a mystery. The notion that Ruby was mob, Oswald was part of a rogue right wing plot to kill JFK, and the footprints of intelligence on both of them can be safely ignored is just rubbish. I think the secrets still being withheld about the CIA relationship with the DRE are an additional clue. As Tannenbaum said, and as HSCA investigators like Lopez and Fonzi showed, the place to look was in the nexus between the right wing Cubans and the CIA/mafia connections to them. I simply cannot dismiss Ruby as a simple mob connected pimp, or Oswald as a secret right winger participating in a plot to kill the president. In order to make those assumptions one has to dismiss too many inconvenient facts.

As for Howard Hunt -- he admitted he was guilty of a JFK conspiracy.

As for David Morales -- he also admitted he was guilty of a JFK conspiracy. We only need to piece together the details.

As for David Atlee Phillips -- he admitted that he played a role in LHO's activity in New Orleans and Mexico City, but he claimed it was in the context of a plot to assassinate Fidel Castro. It makes sense to me -- and if you don't have material evidence otherwise, then your case is weak.

There is no doubt in my mind that David Morales was a CIA rogue, because of his confession. He was GUILTY.

I agree with Tommy that Neck-Scratcher is almost certainly David Morales. As I say -- his participation with LHO in New Orleans was clearly related to the JFK assassination plot -- however -- LHO and most of the insiders in New Orleans still thought that his participation was related to the Fidel Castro assassination plot.

No credible evidence ever places LHO at the Carousel Club. There are countless cases of "mistaken identity" of LHO already recorded in the WC itself. The guy at the gun range. The guy buying a car. The guy getting a scope on his rifle. The guy on the bus to Mexico. All "mistaken identity." Why not admit it?

David Atlee Phillips was a friend to Gordon McLendon who was allegedly a friend to Jack Ruby. That's not a clue. That's reaching, like saying that Ruth Paine's mother-in-law had a childhood friend who later became a mistress to Allen Dulles -- and that's a clue. It's not.

LHO was indeed working in some capacity with CIA agents Phillips and Morales -- but why jump to the conclusion that it was the JFK assassination and that LHO knew it? If LHO really knew it, then there was no way he could have been made a Patsy.

In order for LHO to be made a Patsy, he must have been fooled into it. The easiest way to fool LHO in this context, would be to tell him he was in an exclusive plot to assassinate Fidel Castro. That would work.

The plot was run in Dallas, centered in Dallas, and the leader was General Walker. Read Jeff Caufield (2015). General Walker had lots of Radical Right Wingers in Dallas on his side, including many on the Dallas Police Force. Roscoe White was one, and he also confessed to a role in the JFK assassination.

Seth Kantor says that Jack Ruby would do anything the Dallas Police told him to do. All the pieces fit like a glove.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

David Atlee Phillips admitted in passing monitoring the Russians and Cubans when Oswald contacted their embassies, in his posthumously published book Secret Wars Diary (1989). With his sources in the embassies, not to mention the surveillance apparatus in place, Phillips could have easily been observing Oswald in real time - or getting contemporaneous reports.

Steve

David Atlee Phillips admitted in passing monitoring the Russians and Cubans when Oswald contacted their embassies, in his posthumously published book Secret Wars Diary (1989). With his sources in the embassies, not to mention the surveillance apparatus in place, Phillips could have easily been observing Oswald in real time - or getting contemporaneous reports.

Steve

Steve,

It was in his manuscript, The AMLASH Legacy (1988), that David Atlee Phillips admitted that he was personally involved in Oswald's trip to Mexico City in the final week of September 1963.

The context, said Phillips, was a plot to assassinate Fidel Castro.

I find this confession both plausible and enlightening. If anybody has material evidence to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul - the pieces fit like a glove in your mind. In my mind Morales was a big time CIA operational guy. The whole nature of CIA operations is plausible deniability, obfuscation, misdirection. Hall of mirrors stuff. So good luck looking at a CIA operation and thinking you know which end us up.

Well, Paul B., my solid evidence is the free eBook by Bill Simpich, available on the Mary Ferrell web site, namely, State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City (2014).

In that book Bill Simpich (whether he intended to or not) provides a scientific demonstration that the CIA high-command did not know what David Morales was doing in Mexico City's Cuban Consulate the day that LHO left there.

Bill Simpich uses many declassified CIA documents to brilliantly trace a top-secret Mole Hunt that the CIA began in September 1963, and maintained for years -- never solving it.

They knew that somebody had impersonated Lee Harvey Oswald at the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City, and had called the USSR Embassy asking for KGB assassin Valerie Kostikov. Whoever did that knew that this particular telephone was the single most wire-tapped telephone on earth, said Simpich.

The obvious intent of the impersonator was to frame Oswald as a KGB operative Communist.

Since John McCone and even David Atlee Phillips, James Jesus Angleton and Anne Goodpasture were knee-deep in this top-secret Mole-Hunt -- it is clear that David Morales had successfully kept his secret activities hidden even from the CIA high-command.

Bill Simpich probably didn't intend to prove my case -- but he proved it brilliantly, IMHO. The CIA high-command was taken by surprise by the JFK assassination. As David Atlee Phillips confessed, they were only plotting to assassinate Fidel Castro.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Yes you have made your point. Many times. Simpich would tell you himself that his writings are opinions based in facts as far as he can ascertain them, not facts themselves. He has done valuable research for sure.

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2016 at 1:48 AM, Thomas Graves said:

Moved here from the "Miguel Mariano Cruz" thread.

Paul Brancato, on 05 Oct 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:snapback.png

Dear Paul,

Sequentially-listed "observations," made while watching that part of the video. They are not listed in order of importance:

1 ) Neck Scratcher's great interest in LHO

2 ) His athletic physique

3 ) His skin color

4 ) His unusual "scratching" of his neck -- sending a message or hiding something?

5 ) His wearing a ("CIA") suit on a hot afternoon -- also noticed by 14 year-old Jim Doyle.

6 ) His having a camera strap around his neck -- Jim Doyle said a suited man was taking photos of LHO with an expensive-looking camera. The same strap is visible in a photo of DSM taken three years later, in which, btw, he's wearing a similar looking dark-colored suit.

7 ) His index finger is light colored on top and on the side -- like Morales' in a photo taken of him in Vietnam.

8 ) His apparently not wanting his own face to be "caught" on film by Jim Doyle.

9 ) The fact that LHO appears to sneak a look at him.

Also:

1 ) "Spanish Trace" / "Carousel Strip-Joint Buddy" / had a scar on his left eyebrow.

2 ) As Larry Hancock has said, Morales was a hands-on kind of guy when it came to running Op's.

3 ) Morales was stationed at JM/WAVE in Miami, and theoretically could have been New Orleans to size up LHO.

That's about it, Paul.

-- Tommy :sun

Bumped for Bill Simpich

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 12/20/2016 at 11:32 AM, Chris Newton said:

Does anyone know any Latinos with a "C" shaped cheek/jaw scar?

...anyway love the bar name:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10490#relPageId=127&tab=page

[deleted bad joke]

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 3 months later...