The Education Forum

David Morales

The guy I'm talking about walks into the scene from the left at 3:55 and scratches the back of his neck the whole time.

I see him too. There's nothing we can tell with that, even if we "knew" what "monkey" looked like from the rear. The other guy, at least gives us a few seconds and a full frontal.

It could be Morales but...

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback.

Question: Would you agree with me that "Neck Scratcher" (at 3:55 in the video) is pretty darn "dark-complected"?

Or do you think it's impossible to say?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a scar above his left eye?

Yes. I wish we had a better image but I think I see a scar over the left eye. I also believe that the photo has not been "mirrored' because his Senior Parachutist's Badge is worn correctly over the left pocket.

Jeff Morley's Wecht presentation included a survey of the JFK assassination records still being withheld for reasons of national security, and demonstrated a way that you can do it through the NARA internet system.

Of the eight or so test subjects that Morley surveyed to see how many records related to them were still being withheld, including Morales, it came out to many thousands.

Hi Bill:

The information that my esteemed Jeff Morley has been publicizing is rather poor and incomplete. With all due respect but the material in his (much appreciated and otherwise admired) JFK Facts site has become a "One Trick Pony". For starters, Jeff only knows of records from one agency, the CIA.

As an example, let's see the information about Orlando Bosch:

http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/what-is-the-cia-hiding-about-orlando-bosch/ (scroll down, to my comment)

According to Jeff, there are 6 records, for a total of 606 pages.

However, according to the database that I obtained (if you get my drift) from the National Archives, the number of records is 64 and the number of pages, 965

Bosch-Postponed-and-Deleted.png

The difference in the official count respect to Jim Garrison and other protagonists is remarkable.

I have been sending many posts like that one to Jeff, but I guess he is too busy to publish them.

I donated the full database to the Mary Ferrell Foundation but they seem to be sitting on their hands. Were our admired heroine still with us, no doubt she would publish it.

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

This is the URL to the official database from the National Archives:

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder.exe/0?path=jfkcnew.txt&id=demo&pass=&OK=OK

and this is the URL of the copy that I obtained (*). It contains the same records, but they are actually usable.

http://s18283067.onlinehome-server.com/~ramon/jfk-collection/

(*) I used a technique called "web scrapping"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_scraping

Ramon... I've been doing the same for years but I don't like pointing out the "how" because when "the powers that be" notice the traffic increase they frequently close the "hole".

so please "keep a lid on it" :)

Ramon... I've been doing the same for years but I don't like pointing out the "how" because when "the powers that be" notice the traffic increase they frequently close the "hole".

so please "keep a lid on it" :)

Chris: That database is frozen since May 12, 2008:

http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/search.html

I got a full copy, which is available to anybody who wants it. I can also make custom queries.

You are correct, at some point I had a computer hitting the NARA site 24x7, so they blocked access to my IP address. I solved the problem by renting another server in a different network.

I was able to finish the job with a technique called Stealth Scrapping.

-Ramon

This is what I told the Mary Ferrell Foundation folks:

"We need to communicate the following to the National Archives:

'We are watching you:

- Very Closely

- Very Respectfully'"

The latter "We" obviously refers to "We The People".

Ramon, I have to point out that at present the Mary Ferrell foundation has one programmer - Rex Bradford - who has a full time day job, who works nights or weekends on the MFF site and who was already engaged in several projects including updates to the site and the publication of a new crypt database.. I think you have provided a great tool, I have endorsed it to the foundation and hope to see it available as soon as humanly possible I know its something Rex wants to do. I'm sort of surprised after participating in communications about your tool that you would still say that anybody is sitting on their hands or that Mary could publish it if she was still with us. You should realize that Mary would do just what she did with her original documents, hand them off to somebody who could get them available for the broadest possible access.....which turned out to be none other than Rex himself. Knowing how much one person has done, its more than a little frustrating to still see those sort of remarks.

Ramon, I have to point out that at present the Mary Ferrell foundation has one programmer - Rex Bradford - who has a full time day job, who works nights or weekends on the MFF site and who was already engaged in several projects including updates to the site and the publication of a new crypt database.. I think you have provided a great tool, I have endorsed it to the foundation and hope to see it available as soon as humanly possible I know its something Rex wants to do. I'm sort of surprised after participating in communications about your tool that you would still say that anybody is sitting on their hands or that Mary could publish it if she was still with us. You should realize that Mary would do just what she did with her original documents, hand them off to somebody who could get them available for the broadest possible access.....which turned out to be none other than Rex himself. Knowing how much one person has done, its more than a little frustrating to still see those sort of remarks.

Oh, brother. I did it again. Me and my big mouth... keep on getting in trouble. Is my face red. :-(

Ladies and gents, allow me to give full credit to the folks who are helping me to get that database into the hands of The People, where it really belongs: Larry Hancock (the other ones being Marie Fonzi, Alan Dale and -of course- Rex Bradford The Great).

Will have more to say about this, of course, but for the time being...

"Those records do no belong to the National Archives, they belong to the people."

- John Newman

See below in yellow, the official version, from the very same source that brought to us:

- The Warren Commission Report

- The HSCA

Withheld-in-Full.png

http://aarclibrary.org/

A number that keeps on being repeated by our esteemed Jeff Morley and Bryan Bender.

http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/news/national-archives-jfk-files-could-embarrass-the-cia/

As Doug Horne says, it gives me no pleasure to tell you this.

Let's see the actual number of "POSTPONED IN FULL" documents, by ourselves, shall we?

Just go to my website:

(1) In the field "Current Status", type: "POSTPONED IN FULL"

(2) Click on the "Submit Search" button.

(3) Read the actual number next to "Hits retrieved"

Thanks Ramon, actually I only posted because I don't want you or anyone else to think that it is not a priority for MFF. The problem is that we only have Rex as a technical resource, the others of us involved try to help him with minor tasks as we can - right now we are checking out the new crypt engine which will allow a major addition to crypts and ultimately aliases and covers including a lot of work Simpich and Newman have been doing. In addition, we have been volunteered a literally gigantic series of FOIA document collections that should be added to the site but that is a massive piece of work and we are struggling with prioritizing it so as to get at least some of it up quickly.

I'm particularly excited about your contribution since it will allow much quicker access for a lot of my searches - so is Jeff but all we can really do is encourage Rex and feel guilty as we chew up all his spare time on evenings and weekend.

Hi Larry:

How about the following band-aid, quick but still very effective solution?

I will set up my website, with a proper domain and everything (I own JFKNumbers.org but it could be something else). I will make all changes that the MFF requests to fulfill its standards.

For instance, notice how the part that used to read "National Archives and Records Administration" now reads "Not The National Archives and Records Administration".

It will take Rex all of 5-15 minutes to place a link to my site, with a short explanatory note.

Again: I will do all the technical work (even hiring programmers, if/when needed), while you dictate the rules, thereby removing your guilt. :-)

You are the boss.

It is a win-win-win solution.

Well actually in that regard I'm only one of five board members...grin. I will definitely forward the suggestion to Rex and I suggest you do by email as well.

I'll also bring it up since we will be at the Lancer conference as will he... Are you planning on being in Dallas, if so we could also discuss it there.

-- will send Rex a message now, given that its Friday he might even get to read it this weekend.