The Education Forum

David Morales

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

Angleton entered the Cuba picture in 1961, following the failure at the BOP - which among other things had involved a major failure in CIA project intelligence about Cuba as well as apparent penetration of the project by Cuban intelligence.  The CIA's intelligence assessments had been in direct conflict with those coming out of the higher level joint intelligence council. Because of that Angleton was tasked with an independent evaluation of intelligence and counter intelligence related to Cuba.  In that project he made use of Cuban personnel trained by Morales - reconstituted into he Cuban intelligence group at JM/WAVE.  As I've noted before, Morales was virtually the only person in the project to receive a glowing recommendation for his own work in the Cuba project.

Later, when Harvey was tasked with supporting the Mongoose project and specifically with assassinating Castro, he appears to have gone to Angleton for advice on a number of areas, including where and how to effectively hide the project within the CIA itself. Angleton made introductions for him and also appears to have utilized some of his own foreign contacts who had assets inside Cuba - for what exact purpose is unclear.

Ahhh I see. Abundant thanks for the research. Very fascinating research especially when you read Harvey's notes on creating scapegoats, false 201 files, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Imagination's not necessary on this part.  It's not drama, it's History most people are unaware of or ignore. 

From what's known Morales retreated to his Arizona ranch by the Mexico border, spent a bunch on security equipment but wasn't worried about Mexicans.  He went back to Washington, got sick, came home, had a 'heart attack" like many other potential witnesses for the HSCA in 1978, was surrounded by security in the hospital until he died.  Multiple men in black suits and sunglasses attended his funeral.

We would know more about De Morenschild's death but Bill O'Riley heard the shotgun blast from the front steps and just left, or ran, or lied about it all.  And Gaeton Fonzi's attempted investigation was stymied.  

How convenient  the 7 (?) upper level FBI agents under subpoena at the time died. And the recalled Roselli ended up cut up in a oil drum floating off the coast of Florida.  Then or before Sam Giancana, also subpoenaed,  gets shot in the back of his head while cooking eggs in his Chicago basement apartment and multiple times around his mouth, a mob warning for others not to talk.   While being guarded by US/State/City law enforcement. 

Correction:  Bill O'Riley claimed he heard the shotgun blast ...

George de Mohrenschildt claim

In his bestselling 2013 book Killing Kennedy and on Fox and Friends, O'Reilly claimed he was knocking at the front door of George de Mohrenschildt's daughter's home at the moment Mohrenschildt committed suicide and that he heard the shotgun blast:

In March of 1977, a young television reporter at WFAA in Dallas began looking into the Kennedy assassination. As part of his reporting, he sought an interview with the shadowy Russian professor who had befriended the Oswalds upon their arrival in Dallas in 1962. The reporter traced George de Mohrenschildt to Palm Beach, Florida and travelled there to confront him. At the time de Mohrenschildt had been called to testify before a congressional committee looking into the events of November 1963. As the reporter knocked on the door of de Mohrenschildt's daughter's home, he heard the shotgun blast [Emphasis added] that marked the suicide of the Russian, assuring that his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald would never be fully understood. By the way, that reporter's name is Bill O'Reilly.

This claim has been disproven by former Washington Post editor Jefferson Morley, who cites audio recordings made by Gaeton Fonziindicating O'Reilly was not present in Florida on the day of Mohrenschildt's suicide.

-- Wikipedia article on Bill O'Reilly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_O'Reilly_(political_commentator)#George_de_Mohrenschildt_claim

--  T.G.

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Correction:  Bill O'Riley claimed he heard the shotgun blast ...

George de Mohrenschildt claim

In his bestselling 2013 book Killing Kennedy and on Fox and Friends, O'Reilly claimed he was knocking at the front door of George de Mohrenschildt's daughter's home at the moment Mohrenschildt committed suicide and that he heard the shotgun blast:

In March of 1977, a young television reporter at WFAA in Dallas began looking into the Kennedy assassination. As part of his reporting, he sought an interview with the shadowy Russian professor who had befriended the Oswalds upon their arrival in Dallas in 1962. The reporter traced George de Mohrenschildt to Palm Beach, Florida and travelled there to confront him. At the time de Mohrenschildt had been called to testify before a congressional committee looking into the events of November 1963. As the reporter knocked on the door of de Mohrenschildt's daughter's home, he heard the shotgun blast [Emphasis added] that marked the suicide of the Russian, assuring that his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald would never be fully understood. By the way, that reporter's name is Bill O'Reilly.

This claim has been disproven by former Washington Post editor Jefferson Morley, who cites audio recordings made by Gaeton Fonziindicating O'Reilly was not present in Florida on the day of Mohrenschildt's suicide.

-- Wikipedia article on Bill O'Reilly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_O'Reilly_(political_commentator)#George_de_Mohrenschildt_claim

--  T.G.

Tommy, I should have elaborated further.  I was being sarcastic regarding O'Reilly's.  I participated in the jfkfacts.org thread you refer to using another part/form of my real name, Ronnie Wayne.  I thanked Marie Fonzi for a post and asked her about the positioning of the shotgun when found.  I also responded to what I took as a sarcastic post by Hugh Aynesworth of "Good Reporting" which I thought related to a post supporting O'Reilly, with "Not Hardly".  Maybe I was wrong, maybe even he doesn't believe O'Reilly.  I responded to another post by Mrs. Fonzi "Just as Dulles remained powerful after being fired as CIA Director by JFK" on 3/5/15 with "Bingo.".

http://jfkfacts.org/reporters-tape-exposes-bill-oreillys-jfk-fib/

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Tommy, I should have elaborated further.  I was being sarcastic regarding O'Reilly's.  I participated in the jfkfacts.org thread you refer to using another part/form of my real name, Ronnie Wayne.  I thanked Marie Fonzi for a post and asked her about the positioning of the shotgun when found.  I also responded to what I took as a sarcastic post by Hugh Aynesworth of "Good Reporting" which I thought related to a post supporting O'Reilly, with "Not Hardly".  Maybe I was wrong, maybe even he doesn't believe O'Reilly.  I responded to another post by Mrs. Fonzi "Just as Dulles remained powerful after being fired as CIA Director by JFK" on 3/5/15 with "Bingo.".

http://jfkfacts.org/reporters-tape-exposes-bill-oreillys-jfk-fib/

Ronnie,

I see.

--  T.G.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Yes, and just think! -- (probable KGB "illegal") George de Mohrenschildt killed himself with a shotgun in his daughter's friend's place!

I mean, (gasp) can you imagine!

--  Tommy  :sun

Here's your original post I replied to.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, David Boylan said:

Great links David.  Thanks for reactivating a fascinating and important thread.  As  I referred to on another thread a few minutes ago I'm (finally) reading Dr. Peter Dale Scott's "Dallas '63".  In it he mentions Morales being established as a contact with Bernardo de Torres "the assassination suspect referred to by Gaeton Fonzi as "Carlos".  I've read more of Torres elsewhere I think but can't remember the details.  Need to check "The Last investigation" I guess.   Per PDS, close relationship with DFS/drug smuggling.  Like his other book I have Dr. Scott's work makes me read slowly to comprehend it.  Sometimes I think huh?  What?  Wow when I get it.  If his knowledge and understanding of the assassination could be refined into a serum and injected into the brains of the general population their minds would be blown beyond anything LSD could ever do.  The main stream media would be out of jobs, no one would believe anything they said any more.  

On 5/15/2018 at 10:46 AM, David Boylan said:

Thanks David. In the "Limited Pass" document, what year was that produced? Any idea? Interesting to see a conversion from contract to staff employee. 

Edited by B. A. Copeland

B.A. - and David,  B.A. mentioned Morales being closely associated with Bernardo de Torres.

de Torres himself was an both an informant and a suspect in regard to drug smuggling but I have seen nothing which suggests a relationship between de Torres and Morales...if either of you has seen some evidence of that please give a citation, I would be most interested.

13 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

B.A. - and David,  B.A. mentioned Morales being closely associated with Bernardo de Torres.

de Torres himself was an both an informant and a suspect in regard to drug smuggling but I have seen nothing which suggests a relationship between de Torres and Morales...if either of you has seen some evidence of that please give a citation, I would be most interested.

Seconded, Larry. Evidence of a relationship between Morales and de Torres would be significant.