The Education Forum

HUGE QUESTION FOR ALL JFK FANS: ***WHY haven't all JFK's amazing press conferences become available on high-quality remastered dvd***?

HUGE QUESTION FOR ALL JFK FANS: ***WHY haven't all JFK's amazing press conferences become available on high-quality remastered dvd***?

Yeah, yeah yeah- I know all about the 1983 production "Thank You Mr. President" hosted by E.G. Marshall which featured only excerpts from God-awful quality kinescopes, as well as the many small excerpts from mainly the same handful of conferences (the 1988 video [1981 production] from CBS has the best collection I have seen but even those are just excerpts from a few more). THOSE NEED TO BE RELEASED- A TRUE UNTAPPED RESOURCE OF JFK MAGIC! My parents, huge JFK fans, always lament at the lack of lengthy excerpts or even full press conferences; me, too. We get SO caught up in assassination-related films (and rightly so)...how about the networks and/ or the JFK Library releasing these gems to further Kennedy's legacy for future generations?

Guest Robert Morrow

How about all the LBJ press conferences?Those could be educational as well.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Vince P.,

I'm ashamed of you! How can you possibly not have seen my website where I've archived all 64 of JFK's press conferences in their entirety? My press conference site has been online since early 2011.

These are in audio form (MP3) only, except for 4 conferences that are also available in video format, including the first conference on 1/25/61. Audio quality is excellent too. I've even tweaked the audio for some of the conferences, because the files made available in 2011 through the JFK Library website were (on occasion) a bit low in volume. So I turned it up a bit before saving them to my site.

Here's the link:

XX.%2BJFK%2BPress%2BConferences%2BLogo--

All of the conferences are also available on my YouTube channel at the link below (click the "Play All" button and you're good to go for 33 straight hours):

JFK-Press-Conferences-YouTube-Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Now how about an official remastered DVD set?

You mean you're willing to settle for just DVD?! Why not a high-def Blu-ray set, complete with behind-the-scenes footage of Kennedy's "practice" conferences prior to each live TV news conference?

Let's go the whole nine yards. SMILE-ICON.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

Now how about an official remastered DVD set?

You mean you're willing to settle for just DVD?! Why not a high-def Blu-ray set, complete with behind-the-scenes footage of Kennedy's "practice" conferences prior to each live TV news conference?

Let's go the whole nine yards. SMILE-ICON.gif

your fixation with Kennedy is telling.