The Education Forum

'I failed': Cop handcuffed to JFK killer describes Oswald's death

From the article: “It’s pretty astounding that back in 1963, without the walkie-talkies, without the GPS, that they were able to capture Oswald in 88 minutes,” she told Holt.

'I failed': Cop handcuffed to JFK killer describes Oswald's death

By Daniella Silva, NBC News

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/09/21385475-i-failed-cop-handcuffed-to-jfk-killer-describes-oswalds-death?lite

At least he didn't shoot Lester Holt as he demonstrated how he wrestled with Jack Ruby that day.

Remember too that it was Leavelle who made Victoria Adams very uneasy when he appeared unannounced on her darkened doorstep one night in February 1964. She had recently moved to this apartment, which was in her roommate's name as was the telephone listing, and had not yet told anyone about her relocation, including friends, her boss, or the post office.

When she asked Leavelle why she had to be interviewed again by the Dallas police, for she had already done so earlier, she said Leavelle told her it was because there had been a fire at headquarters and her file had been burned.

When I asked Leavelle about Vicki in 1999, he remembered Miss Adams, but then told me her story wasn't "germane." When I inquired what he meant by that, his words were, "We were preparing for trial and if the witness couldn't provide anything we could use against Oswald, it wasn't important."

Hmmm, did I miss something or was DPD lagging a little behind current events in preparing for a trial against Oswald in Feb 1964?

However, that quote should definitely be headlined somewhere this coming anniversary week, it sort of captures the whole spirit of the investigation of the murder....