The Education Forum

Trajectories of shots and the FBI's WCD298 (WEST windows?)

I agree with you, Chris, about there being a distinct possibility Connally's back wound came from the west end of the 6th floor. However, I also still believe it could have come from the east end of the 6th floor, or the Dal-Tex Building, if Connally had been turned to his right when he was hit in the back.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are saying, Chris. With Connally blocked by JFK, it severely limits the window of opportunity for Connally to be open to a shooter in the SE corner, while a shooter in the SW corner has no such restriction, and far less foliage to contend with. It is a very good point, and strengthens your argument immensely. The only counter to it I can think of is that JFK seemed to slump to his left somewhat after the first shot, and this may have left Connally open.

Going by Connally's testimony, he claims the shot to his back drove him to the floor, and he is seen upright until z313. It may very well be that a shot, following the fatal head shot, barely missed JFK as he fell back to his left, and managed to connect with Connally's back. Of course, both of my scenarios require Connally to be turned to his right by quite a bit, and this narrows the chances of a SE corner shooter existing.

I've seen this before. Sometimes I wonder just how many rifles were aimed at JFK that day.

A shooter at the SW corner does offer the most plausible explanation for Connally's back wound but, as JFK was facing forward, and shot in the back (I am assuming) while he was behind the Stemmons sign, it is difficult to account for JFK's back wound with only one shooter at the SW corner.

I've seen this before. Sometimes I wonder just how many rifles were aimed at JFK that day.

A shooter at the SW corner does offer the most plausible explanation for Connally's back wound but, as JFK was facing forward, and shot in the back (I am assuming) while he was behind the Stemmons sign, it is difficult to account for JFK's back wound with only one shooter at the SW corner.

This, then, might be considered evidence [not proof, mind you, but evidence] of a conspiracy.

This is a computer simulation of the TSBD 6th floor southwest open window sniper's view of JFK's ambush (if one was there):

The video presenter has a multitude of possible sniper's locations in Dealey Plaza & their line of sight to the ambush victims posted in his playlist that may be helpful in trajectory & wound analysis.

It would have been a simple matter for the SS/FBI/WC to move the camera mounted on top of the Oswald MC rifle barrel with scope from the sniper's nest to the southwest window on the same 6th floor & focus their surveyor's attention on the S/W window. The data & visual aids they did not provide will have to be created from scratch by today's researchers & analysts.

The absence of reference study material on the West end of the TSBD is a good indication of how new the subject the researchers appearing in this thread & their approach tackling that subject is. As Captain Kirk would probably say, researchers in this thread are 'boldly going where no one's gone before'.

BM

edited to update video link & add some stuff I forgot before

Edited by Brad Milch

Great find, Chris!

Wonder why there was NO discussion of what they did or did not see from there?.....

Maybe Mark,

because it was May 8th and they had just over a month to complete the various chapters of the report.

Great find Chris, but it is really depressing that although they have the west window pointed out to them, they show not the least bit of interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe Mark,

because it was May 8th and they had just over a month to complete the various chapters of the report.

Great find Chris, but it is really depressing that although they have the west window pointed out to them, they show not the least bit of interest.

Seems to have been a lot of selective evidence gathering taking place.