The Education Forum

Deutsch National und Soldaten-Seitung

Jim Root

On the 29th of November 1963 the Deutsche National und Soldaten-Zeitung published an article that accused Lee Harvey Oswald of having been the person who had shot at General Edwin A. Walker on April 10, 1963.

When Walker was questioned by Mr. Liebeler of the Warren Commission on July 23, 1964 he was asked about a phone call he received at the Captain Shreve Hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana on November 23, 1963 at about 7:00 a.m.

Mr. Liebeler: "Did you talk to him on a transatlantic telephone call in which you told him about the alleged fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person who made an attempt on your life?"

Gen. Walker: "I don't recall that name. Did he speak English? I don't speak German."

Needless to say the Testimony of Edwin A. Walker is interesting to say the least, perhaps misleading for a purpose.

I find it interesting that the same day this article appeared in Germany the Warren Commission was established. (And that the nformation in the article mirrors the Warren Reports conlussions dealing with the Walker shooting)

The FBI did not suspect the connection between the Walker shooting and the Kennedy assassination until "the weekend of November 30, 1963." (CE 2524) The FBI interviewed Marina Oswald about her husbands invovement in the attempt to assassinate General Walker on December 2, 1963. (CE 2545)

How did Hasso Thorsten know that Edwin Walker would be at the Captain Shreve Hotel at 7:00 a.m. on the morning of Nove 24th and from whom did Mr. Thorsten get the telephone number of the hotel that Walker was staying in? Walker lived in Dallas, Texas and had been traveling around the country on speaking engagements. He, to my knowledge, had no plans to speak in Shreveport on the two days that he stayed there (Nights of Nov. 23 and 24).

Is it possible that Walker, after seeing Oswald's picture on the television news recognized him? How would Walker, an outspoken critic of Kennedy, react to the assassination if he did in fact recognize Oswald?

Begining in 1951, while Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy was the High Commissioner for Germany, till 1959 this same German paper had been published under the name, Die Deutsche Soldaten-Zeitung. The creation of this publication in 1951 was reportedly funded by the CIA.

On the 29th of November 1963 the Deutsche National und Soldaten-Zeitung published an article that accused Lee Harvey Oswald of having been the person who had shot at General Edwin A. Walker on April 10, 1963.

When Walker was questioned by Mr. Liebeler of the Warren Commission on July 23, 1964 he was asked about a phone call he received at the Captain Shreve Hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana on November 23, 1963 at about 7:00 a.m.

Mr. Liebeler:  "Did you talk to him on a transatlantic telephone call in which you told him about the alleged fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was the person who made an attempt on your life?"

Gen. Walker:  "I don't recall that name.  Did he speak English?  I don't speak German."

Needless to say the Testimony of Edwin A. Walker is interesting to say the least, perhaps misleading for a purpose.

I find it interesting that the same day this article appeared in Germany the Warren Commission was established.  (And that the nformation in the article mirrors the Warren Reports conlussions dealing with the Walker shooting)

The FBI did not suspect the connection between the Walker shooting and the Kennedy assassination until "the weekend of November 30, 1963." (CE 2524)  The FBI interviewed Marina Oswald about her husbands invovement in the attempt to assassinate General Walker on December 2, 1963. (CE 2545)

How did Hasso Thorsten know that Edwin Walker would be at the Captain Shreve Hotel at 7:00 a.m. on the morning of Nove 24th and from whom did Mr. Thorsten get the telephone number of the hotel that Walker was staying in?  Walker lived in Dallas, Texas and had been traveling around the country on speaking engagements.  He, to my knowledge, had no plans to speak in Shreveport on the two days that he stayed there (Nights of Nov. 23 and 24).

Is it possible that Walker, after seeing Oswald's picture on the television news recognized him?  How would Walker, an outspoken critic of Kennedy, react to the assassination if he did in fact recognize Oswald?

Begining in 1951, while Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy was the High Commissioner for Germany, till 1959 this same German paper had been published under the name, Die Deutsche Soldaten-Zeitung.  The creation of this publication in 1951 was reportedly funded by the CIA.

Jim,

i can not contribute a full answer to your questions, but

some little background on Gerhard Frey the owner of

the Deutsche National und Soldaten Zeitung.

Gerhard Frey,a friend of Gehlen the Ex-Head of the BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst) and former Head of Hitler's Secret Service .

Frey was involved since the 50's with the and around 1960 became the owner of the DSZ.

The DSZ was financed as you rightly say by the CIA and also the German

Government until the official money support stopped after it became clear

that it was a Nazi paper (consider the time).

So that might well be behind the contact between Walker and Thorsten ,

Walker most probably knew Gehlen who knew Frey who owned the newspaper

and so on and so on.

The motivation for the interview, well a commie shot at Walker the rightwing general, before he killed the president of the US who was considered a commie friend by them and also a foe of Walker himself, a man fighting also for their

ideologie.

For them, Walker was the real hero, the general, the man with the right political

views,who did survive the communist attempt on his life, whereas JFK got what he

deserved in their view.

Very rough, very simple, but the ideologie of those right wing weirdos

does not need to much explaining in my mind, and also that is how

papers sell.

That is the simple explanation, the sinister one of course I think there

are enough books out there about the Nazi-US connections not only

since WWII.

I often saw Gerhard Frey between 1976 and 1980, when he visited my immediate neighbour the (in-)famous german Neo-Nazi paramilitary Leader Karl-Heinz Hoffmann, who had his "Führerhauptquartier" 20m away from my home.

Amongst those visiting him together with Frey was the son of Rudolph Hess

(Hitler's #2 until 1939) for example.

It was a member of Hoffmann's group who was responible for the bomb

blast that killed 13 person at the Münchner Oktoberfest in 1980.

Hoffmann himself was later sentenced together with his "Eva Braun" for the

killing of a jewish couple in Erlange some 20 km away from where I live.

Frey was/is a longtime supporter (not only financial) of Hoffmann and the Neo-Nazi

movement in general, he later founded the DVU (Deutsche Volksunion) and had

some success in local elections (well stupid people not only are allowed to vote in

germany :-( )

Frey is still alive, I did consider to contact him, but I am no researcher, so I think that would not be a good idea as I have not enough knowledge about the case

to ask the right questions (if he would answer at all).

So if someone wants to contact him, I might be able to give you not only his

address but also the telephone number, he should know why the interview

was done.

One final thing about germany and the classical patsy:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERlubbe.htm

So maybe we germans not only showed the US how to fly to the moon ...

I have also a question:

Is there a Nixon-Walker connection known (Oswald wanted to kill them both according to Marina) ?

Edited by Dave Weaver

Dave

Thank you for the information. It concurs with alot that I have gathered over the years. The one question still: How did Thorsten know where Walker was? My belief is that Walker first contacted Thorsten or had a seragate contact him to arrange the interview immediatly after Oswald was arrested. Did Walker have a reason to fear Oswald alive and in custody (read The Testimony of Jack Ruby)?

Walker did another interview with a Canadian paper in the days after Oswald was shot and no mention of the attempt on his life or the connection between the two was made. The only thing that I see that changed was that Oswald was now dead and dead men tell no tales (Walker mentions something to that effect in his testimony before the Warren Commission).

While this may sound a little odd check out when Walker took command of the 24th Infantry Division, October of 1959. He left Little Rock, Arkansas and traveled to Germany early in October. Was he perhaps on a flight out of London on the 9th or even at the airport in London. Just a strange coincidence of timing I guess.

The connection of Frey to a CIA financed newpaper (created while McCloy was High Commissioner of Germany and a person who pardoned many Nazi's during his tenure as High Commissioner) and Gehlen makes Walker's story, if initiated by Walker all the more intriguing, but only if Walker would have some connection to the CIA or some sort of covert opps (like running the Greek desk at the Pentagon during the Greek Civil War) that would put a person like him in contact with a person like Oswald.

If the question about who initiated the call and why could be answered it would be very helpful to me. Perhaps also, who made the connection that (according to Thorsten and the Warren Commission) Oswald had shot at Walker?

Jim Root

If the question about who initiated the call and why could be answered it would be very helpful to me.  Perhaps also, who made the connection that (according to Thorsten and the Warren Commission) Oswald had shot at Walker?

Jim Root

Dismissing Marina as anything but a frightened immigrant, we have Michael Paine, who testified that he attended a Walker rally with Oswald, and deMorenschildt, an obvious and too seldomly mentioned link to all of this.

Tim

Begining in 1951, while Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy was the High Commissioner for Germany, till 1959 this same German paper had been published under the name, Die Deutsche Soldaten-Zeitung.  The creation of this publication in 1951 was reportedly funded by the CIA.

Great post. McCoy acted very strangely in Germany in 1951. Do you know the story of McCoy and the Nazi war criminals, Alfried Krupp and Friedrich Flick?

Krupp was the owner of Germany's largest armaments company. He joined the SS in 1933. During the war Krupp ensured that a continuous supply of his firm's tanks, munitions and armaments reached the German Army. He was also responsible for moving factories from occupied countries back to Germany where they were rebuilt by the Krupp company.

Krupp also built factories in German occupied countries and used the labour of over 100,000 inmates of concentration camps. This included a fuse factory inside Auschwitz. Inmates were also moved to Silesia to build a howitzer factory. It is estimated that around 70,000 of those working for Krupp died as a result of the methods employed by the guards of the camps.

In 1943 Hitler appointed Krupp as Minister of the War Economy. Later that year the SS gave him permission to employ 45,000 Russian civilians as forced labour in his steel factories as well as 120,000 prisoners of war in his coalmines.

Flick was a director of United Steel Works, the largest steel-producing firm in Germany. In 1933 Flick became a leading financial supporter of the Nazi Party and over the next ten years donated over seven million marks to the party.

During the war Flick became extremely wealthy by using 48,000 slave labourers from Germany's concentration camps in his various industrial enterprises. It is estimated that 80 per cent of these workers died as a result of the way they were treated during the war.

Krupp and Flick were both tried as war criminals at Nuremberg. Krupp was accused of plundering occupied territories and being responsible for the barbaric treatment of prisoners of war and concentration camp inmates. Krupp was found guilty and sentenced to twelve years in prison and had all his wealth and property confiscated. Flick got seven years. They were both expected to be sentenced to death and therefore got off very lightly.

The story was to get even stranger. In 1951, McCoy ordered Krupp's release from prison. His property, valued at around 45 million, and his numerous companies were also restored to him. Flick was also released at the same time.

Who else was in Germany at this time working for the CIA? David Morales, Ted Shackley and William Harvey.

Why did McCloy behave in this way. Were Krupp and Flick just being rewarded for being good anti-communists? Or were they suppliers of the money to fund unofficial CIA covert operations against communism in America. Remember, 1951 was the year that McCarthyism was just getting a hold in America.

There is another interesting JFK connection. The activities of McCoy in Germany was covered in William Manchester's book, The Arms of Krupp (1968). This was a book that he wrote after the Death of the President (1967). Did he come across this story while researching his book on Kennedy?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmanchesterW.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWkruppA.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERflickF.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAmccloyJ.htm

If the question about who initiated the call and why could be answered it would be very helpful to me.  Perhaps also, who made the connection that (according to Thorsten and the Warren Commission) Oswald had shot at Walker?

Jim Root

Dismissing Marina as anything but a frightened immigrant, we have Michael Paine, who testified that he attended a Walker rally with Oswald, and deMorenschildt, an obvious and too seldomly mentioned link to all of this.

Tim

Tim,

Paine specifically denied attending any r-w meetings with Oswald, as well as any at all at which Walker was present. DeM is not mentioned by Paine in regard to these meetings.

His testimony is among the most flagrantly false of all the testimony in the volumes (a hard task, but he managed it). His stories on various meetings attended are among the lies.

Jim,

Walker was interviewed on 6dec63 by Gordon Curry, a Sydney caricaturist for the now defunct Daily Mirror. Curry reported in part: "...Walker expressed no surprise at wire reports that the widow of Lee Harvey Oswald had told FBI agents her husband attempted to murder him at his home on April 10. 'I have long expected this this report', the ex-General said..."

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/12/1221-002.gif

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/12/1221-002.gif

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/12/1221-003.gif

On the same day Curry was interviewing Walker, Walker's touring buddy, Billy Hargis had a story in the Weekly Crusader in which he wrote that the Dallas Morning News reported on 23nov63 that the DPD was "not overlooking a possibility that President Kennedy's assassin... Lee Oswald, may have been the mystery sniper who shot at General Walker..."

I checked Hargis' claim out, and sure enough, that is what the DNM reported.

On a side note, Gordon Curry published "Inside the Ruby Trial" in which his caricatures and observations are recorded. Curry was not very complimentary about Walker. He said of Walker, "The former Major-General who gets his wild statements published far more often in Berlin than in the local Dallas newspapers..." he concludes the peice on Walker by saying it was doubtful he would be heard from at the trial.

Dave

In reply to: "I also have a question:

Is there a Nixon-Walker connection known (Oswald wanted to kill them both according to Marina) ?"

I am not convinced that Marina was sure that it was Nixon that he was after but that does not answer your question. The simple answer is, "no I do not have a connection between Walker and Nixon" but do believe there may be several connections to Kennedy. It is rather convoluted but very solid in my own mind.

Nixon believed that Kennedy was receiving a great deal of intellegence on Cuba that he was not supposed to be privy to during the 1960 election. This may now be confirmed:

From a recent book THE KENNEDYS: America's Emerald Kings

A Five-Generation History of the Ultimate Irish-Catholic Family

By Thomas Maier

"John F. Kennedy ran on a platform of strict separation between church and state in the 1960 presidential campaign, but few people were aware of just how much the church had been involved in JFK's political rise and the Kennedy family's secret, long-time dealings with the Vatican. In a new book to be published on October 7, "THE KENNEDYS: America's Emerald Kings" (Basic Books), investigative journalist Thomas Maier reveals for the first time the extraordinary promise made by family patriarch Joseph Kennedy to Count Enrico Galeazzi, the Pope's right-hand man in 1958, soon after Kennedy received a visit from Allen Dulles, then the head of the CIA; Kennedy offered to serve as a conduit between the Vatican and the CIA if his son was elected president.

'I think that if there is anything that you want me to do, you could let me know at once and I will contact him,' Joseph Kennedy wrote to Galeazzi. 'He [Dulles] is very aware of the fact that Jack may be the next president and while he has always been very friendly to me, I think that he is more than ever anxious to please.' Had Kennedy's opponents been aware of this letter's existence, says Maier, history might have been rewritten."

We see that Nixon's worst fears may have been realized in ways that even he could not have imagined.

The WC's testimony of Edwin Walker begins with "I don't think we have to indicate a great deal of your background for the record, since I think we all know who you are..." (Mr. Lieleler attorney for the WC)

Do we know who Major general Edwin Anderson Walker really was? The more I have "dug" into his career the more I am convinced that he was closely associated with the elite of the military intellegence community.

For example: Major General Chester V. Clifton, Jr., who joined the Kennedy staff in 1961 and was officer responsible for the President's daily morning intelligence briefings on world events. He was in the motorcade in Dallas on November 22, 1963, and made arrangements with the White House to deal with military and national security affairs after the assassination. US Military Accademy Class of 1936 First CO after graduation, Edwin Walker (along with fellow classmate William Westmorland).

USMA classmate Lt. Gen. Marshall Carter (1931) was the Deputy Director of the CIA from 1962 to 1965, Director of National Security Agency from 1965 to 1969.

Just coincidence?

Jim Root

• 4 months later...

George Bollschweiler has provided some information dealing with this subject on another thread. It is my hope that we can attempt to keep similar information together for easy reference.

George's suggestion that the Deutsche National und Soldaten-Zeitung may have had an office and representative in the USA may help to answer one of my perplexing problems dealing with this part of the assassination story. How did the Deutsche National und Soldaten-Zeitung locate Edwin Walker to interview him at 7:00 AM in Shreveport, LA the morning following the assassination of JFK?

Jim Root

Jim,

I wrote to the DNZ today, trying to get some more information concerning the General Walker interview. I'll let the forum know as soon as I get an answer.

Your question about his office in the USA I found the following information:

The most influential Nazi spy to be recruited by American intelligence was Dr. Walter Becher. He had joined the Nazi Party in 1931 during the early days of the Hitler regime. He was one of Hitler's Brownshirts and worked in Goebbels' Propaganda Ministry where he disseminated information advocating the purge of all Jews. He came to the United States in the early 1950s and soon built a political machine.

Sen. Joe McCarthy, Charles Willoughby, Gen. Edwin Walker, and Robert Morris' links to the German nazis converged when Dr. Walter Becher set up offices in Washington, D.C. in 1950.

Dr. Becher's early contacts in Washington were McCarthy and William Jenner in the Senate, and a handful of congressmen in the House. T.H. Tetens in The New Germany and the Old Nazis, was awed by the Nazi's camaraderie with Beltway politicians, and tracked his movements through the District of Columbia: "During the early fifties, when he first came to Washington, he began to build for himself a formidable political machine. His scheme was very simple. If he could obtain the support of leading politicians in the United States, his prestige and stature would grow enormously at home.... With the help of the McCarthy faction in the United States, he could establish a nationwide reputation as the foremost leader of the anti-Communist crusade." Among the senators who sent personal letters of support to Dr. Becher in Munich in the 1950s: Prescott Bush, Albert Gore, Pat McNamara, William Knowland, Strom Thurmond, Thomas Dodd, Robert Byrd, William Langer and Stuart Symington. House Speaker John McCormack also offered his unblushing public support to the Nazi editor.

George

• 2 years later...

I brought this topic back because I recently uncovered an article written in 1967 that provides additional information about this topic:

"Yet on November 29, 1963 the Deutsche National Zeitung of Munich reportedly ran a story translated as follows: “THE STRANGE CASE OF OSWALD. The murderer of Kennedy made an attempt on U.S. General Walker’s life early in the summer when General Walker was sitting in his study. The bullet missed Walker’s head only by inches. Oswald was seized, but the following investigation—as it was reported to us—was stopped by U.S. General Attorney [sic], Robert Kennedy.”

I was not aware that this charge was made in the actual article because I have never seen a complete translation of the article. If anone has access to one please post it if possible.

If the statement is true it would explain the reason why Bobby Kennedy may have been so willing to go along with the Warren Commission Report.

It might be of interest to accompany the information provided in the 1967 Medford Evans article "Coup d’Etat" published in the AMERICAN OPINION, September 1967 issue, pp. 73–100 with the final interview done with Edwin Walker, "The Man Oswald Missed" - In his last interview, Gen. Edwin Walker defended his place in history by Robert Wilonsky" published in November of 1994.

"Walker believed the Warren Commission Report was "85 percent right" and that Oswald alone killed JFK. But he also maintained that not only did the Kennedys know that Oswald shot at him, but that the Dallas Police Department had arrested Oswald the night of the shooting and that Attorney General Bobby Kennedy had ordered Oswald's release from custody. How Oswald could be part of a communist plot to kill a right-wing radical and JFK - and be protected by the president's brother - Walker couldn't quite explain."

Two articles written 31 years apart both with information obtained after interviewing Edwin Anderson Walker. Is there evidence to support the fact that at the time of the assassination attempt on General Walker (April 10, 1963) Walker did in fact believe that Oswald was the person who had attempted to murder him? Did he come to that conclusion in short order? Was Walker told to pursue this idea?

According to James Hosty the FBI began trailing Oswald in the months preceeding the assassination of JFK when confidential informant T-2 provided information that LHO had been handing out pro-Castro material on the streets of Dallas. Hosty dismissed this possibility but followed the directives of his superiors and began to monitor the movements of Oswald. In a legal case involving Gerald Hemming, Hemming was able to identify a confidential informat "T-2" as either a telephone tape on the phone of Edwin Walker or as Edwin Walker himself.

This would suggest that Edwin Walker may well have had reason to believe that Lee Harvey Oswald had attempted to murder him and was also able to identify Oswald at least 5 months before the assassination of John F. Kennedy. How and why he may have done this are both good questions? That Walker provided this information to the Deutsch National und Soldaten-Seitung seems to be a substantiated fact. That Walker was still expressing this saying the exact same thing in the final weeks of his life is proven with the above quote.

How would Walker have even known who Oswald was when confidential informant T-2 initiated a trail on Oswald is an interesting question. The fact that Walker and McCloy exchanged letters at this same time is also an interesting coincidence. If Walker met Oswald in October of 1959 while Oswald was traveling to the Soviet Union, well we have another interesting picture that begins to emerge,

Jim Root

NO intention to divert the thread. Only a log of a 'thought'. Rather than reviving older threads at this moment. No need for replies.

IF Walker was DA-T-2, he had a contact. Who? Harry D. Holmes was DA-T-7. who was his contact. Generally (the rule was) the FBI did not tell other informants who the other informants were. BUT this could be a sign of a Holmes-Walker connection.

I brought this topic back because I recently uncovered an article written in 1967 that provides additional information about this topic:

"Yet on November 29, 1963 the Deutsche National Zeitung of Munich reportedly ran a story translated as follows: “THE STRANGE CASE OF OSWALD. The murderer of Kennedy made an attempt on U.S. General Walker’s life early in the summer when General Walker was sitting in his study. The bullet missed Walker’s head only by inches. Oswald was seized, but the following investigation—as it was reported to us—was stopped by U.S. General Attorney [sic], Robert Kennedy.”

I was not aware that this charge was made in the actual article because I have never seen a complete translation of the article. If anone has access to one please post it if possible.

If the statement is true it would explain the reason why Bobby Kennedy may have been so willing to go along with the Warren Commission Report.

It might be of interest to accompany the information provided in the 1967 Medford Evans article "Coup d’Etat" published in the AMERICAN OPINION, September 1967 issue, pp. 73–100 with the final interview done with Edwin Walker, "The Man Oswald Missed" - In his last interview, Gen. Edwin Walker defended his place in history by Robert Wilonsky" published in November of 1994.

"Walker believed the Warren Commission Report was "85 percent right" and that Oswald alone killed JFK. But he also maintained that not only did the Kennedys know that Oswald shot at him, but that the Dallas Police Department had arrested Oswald the night of the shooting and that Attorney General Bobby Kennedy had ordered Oswald's release from custody. How Oswald could be part of a communist plot to kill a right-wing radical and JFK - and be protected by the president's brother - Walker couldn't quite explain."

Two articles written 31 years apart both with information obtained after interviewing Edwin Anderson Walker. Is there evidence to support the fact that at the time of the assassination attempt on General Walker (April 10, 1963) Walker did in fact believe that Oswald was the person who had attempted to murder him? Did he come to that conclusion in short order? Was Walker told to pursue this idea?

According to James Hosty the FBI began trailing Oswald in the months preceeding the assassination of JFK when confidential informant T-2 provided information that LHO had been handing out pro-Castro material on the streets of Dallas. Hosty dismissed this possibility but followed the directives of his superiors and began to monitor the movements of Oswald. In a legal case involving Gerald Hemming, Hemming was able to identify a confidential informat "T-2" as either a telephone tape on the phone of Edwin Walker or as Edwin Walker himself.

This would suggest that Edwin Walker may well have had reason to believe that Lee Harvey Oswald had attempted to murder him and was also able to identify Oswald at least 5 months before the assassination of John F. Kennedy. How and why he may have done this are both good questions? That Walker provided this information to the Deutsch National und Soldaten-Seitung seems to be a substantiated fact. That Walker was still expressing this saying the exact same thing in the final weeks of his life is proven with the above quote.

How would Walker have even known who Oswald was when confidential informant T-2 initiated a trail on Oswald is an interesting question. The fact that Walker and McCloy exchanged letters at this same time is also an interesting coincidence. If Walker met Oswald in October of 1959 while Oswald was traveling to the Soviet Union, well we have another interesting picture that begins to emerge,

Jim Root

After researching this for a number of years, I've come to the conclusion that the Oswald arrest story which was obviously bogus , was an attempt by Walker to get back at RFK for arresting him and sending him to Springfield Mo. for Phsyc evaluation. The arrest story later evolved to include Ruby as an accomplice with LHO, only after Ruby killed Os. This was a common theme among RW pundits , that RFK was really responsible for his brothers death at the hands of communists, who the AG refused to have registered. Walker was a proud man who would not forgive an embarrassment like that at the hands of the two men he hated.

"How did Hasso Thorsten know that Edwin Walker would be at the Captain Shreve Hotel at 7:00 a.m. on the morning of Nove 24th and from whom did Mr. Thorsten get the telephone number of the hotel that Walker was staying in? Walker lived in Dallas, Texas and had been traveling around the country on speaking engagements. He, to my knowledge, had no plans to speak in Shreveport on the two days that he stayed there (Nights of Nov. 23 and 24)."

The answer may lie in some simple connections:

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/betrayalp10.htm

"Following the war one of the most influential Nazi agitators in the United States was Dr. Walter Becher, an anti-Communist "refugee leader" from the Hitler regime. Becher joined the Nazi Party in 1931 and became an editor of Die Zeit, a Nazi propaganda sheet in 1937. During the war, Becher worked for Goebbels propaganda ministry as a war corespondent.

Shortly after the war, Becher founded a pro-Nazi newspaper in Germany and sought out influence in Washington. Two of Becher’s early contacts in the Senate were McCarty and William Jenner. Other early supporters of Becher were Francis Walter, B. Carroll Reece, Albert Bosch and Walter Judd.

His scheme was simple; as a staunch leader in the anticommunist movement in Germany, he could gain the support of leading politicians in the United States, and his prestige and stature would grow enormously at home. Among those that sent letter of support to Becher were William Langer, Prescott Bush, Strom Thurmond, Thomas Dodd, Robert Byrd, and Stuart Symington. Other notables who sent letters of support to Becher are Herbert Hoover, and retired U.S. generals del Valle, Willoughby and Wedemeyer. Note all three generals involved themselves with many hard right groups, including the lunatic fringe for the remainder of their lives. In all Becher claimed support from more than 150 congressmen."

"Among those that sent letter of support to Becher were William Langer, Prescott Bush, Strom Thurmond, Thomas Dodd, Robert Byrd, and Stuart Symington."

Strom Thurmond and Prescott Bush were members of the "Senate Armed Services Committee" investigating (started by Thurmond) the 'Muzzling of the Military' ie an investigation of General E. A. Walker's Pro Blue indoctrination program aimed at getting GI's to vote conservative.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...6|1|1|1|24939|A

"How did Hasso Thorsten know that Edwin Walker would be at the Captain Shreve Hotel at 7:00 a.m. on the morning of Nove 24th and from whom did Mr. Thorsten get the telephone number of the hotel that Walker was staying in? Walker lived in Dallas, Texas and had been traveling around the country on speaking engagements. He, to my knowledge, had no plans to speak in Shreveport on the two days that he stayed there (Nights of Nov. 23 and 24)."

The answer may lie in some simple connections:

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/betrayalp10.htm

"Following the war one of the most influential Nazi agitators in the United States was Dr. Walter Becher, an anti-Communist "refugee leader" from the Hitler regime. Becher joined the Nazi Party in 1931 and became an editor of Die Zeit, a Nazi propaganda sheet in 1937. During the war, Becher worked for Goebbels propaganda ministry as a war corespondent.

Shortly after the war, Becher founded a pro-Nazi newspaper in Germany and sought out influence in Washington. Two of Becher’s early contacts in the Senate were McCarty and William Jenner. Other early supporters of Becher were Francis Walter, B. Carroll Reece, Albert Bosch and Walter Judd.

His scheme was simple; as a staunch leader in the anticommunist movement in Germany, he could gain the support of leading politicians in the United States, and his prestige and stature would grow enormously at home. Among those that sent letter of support to Becher were William Langer, Prescott Bush, Strom Thurmond, Thomas Dodd, Robert Byrd, and Stuart Symington. Other notables who sent letters of support to Becher are Herbert Hoover, and retired U.S. generals del Valle, Willoughby and Wedemeyer. Note all three generals involved themselves with many hard right groups, including the lunatic fringe for the remainder of their lives. In all Becher claimed support from more than 150 congressmen."

"Among those that sent letter of support to Becher were William Langer, Prescott Bush, Strom Thurmond, Thomas Dodd, Robert Byrd, and Stuart Symington."

Strom Thurmond and Prescott Bush were members of the "Senate Armed Services Committee" investigating (started by Thurmond) the 'Muzzling of the Military' ie an investigation of General E. A. Walker's Pro Blue indoctrination program aimed at getting GI's to vote conservative.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...6|1|1|1|24939|A

John , Walker went to Shreveport to speak at a Citizens Council meeting, he was enroute there when the assassination occured, he always stayed at the Captain Shreve Hotel, his home away from home, Ted's cronies in Dallas knew where to reach him, one of them informed Thorsten, and thats all I'm at liberty to divulge at this time (sorry!). This incident is prime evidence that Oswald was known to Walker and his buddies before 12/3 when Marina decided to come clean to her interogators.

Quote : "" This incident is prime evidence that Oswald was known to Walker and his buddies before 12/3 when Marina decided to come clean to her interogators.""

And to J.Edgar Hoover...

Ruth Paine provided two books to the Irving Police to pass them onto the Secret Service to give to Marina, on or possibly before Dec. 3/63.....The note found inside was translated by one SA Gopadze.

On Dec.3rd/63 Inspector Thomas Kelley then called Gordon Shanklin about the note, who then sent a memo to J.Edgar Hoover.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=21

January 17/64 : Hoover then wrote a letter to Lee Rankin, stating that prior to Marina's interview on December 3/64, where she had related said information that LHO had shot Wallker.............

He mentions that previously ......"the possibility that Oswald may have fired at Walker was considered."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

B

Edited by Bernice Moore