The Education Forum

Trying to find a document

I looked online for this document no luck it is

R. H. Jevons noted that the Western 6.5 mm Mannlicher-

Carcano ammunition which was manufactured for the Marine Corps in 1954.

Just the one page document

I looked online for this document no luck it is

R. H. Jevons noted that the Western 6.5 mm Mannlicher-

Carcano ammunition which was manufactured for the Marine Corps in 1954.

Just the one page document

Mark,

It took a while, but I think I found it.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=692546

--Tommy :sun

Hello Mark:

Tom has supplied you with the proper document link via the Mary Ferrell website. However, I would like to pass along a couple of points of clarification for you concerning this same document. While it is true that the document is "From" Jevons "To" FBI Lab head Ivan Conrad, Jevons did not construct the memorandum. Actually the memo was dictated by FBI Lab employee and night shift supervisor on the day of the Kennedy assassination, Jay Cochran. You will find his initials in the lower left hand corner of the document - "JC", as well as the stenographer to whom the information was relayed, "bsm", in lower case letters. And I can assure you that the "obvious speculation" that this order for ammunition was placed by the Marine Corps with the Western Cartridge Company for some unidentified yet hidden "purpose" was just that - speculation and nothing more. As for this same speculation being "obvious", that is another matter entirely. It took me almost 10 years of research to discover the true history of this ammunition and I can tell you that this order has absolutely nothing to do with the USMC and an as yet unrevealed secret operation.

Gary Murr

That's the one thanks a lot Tom