The Education Forum

Tom Purvis has passed away

Subject: New Personal Message: Tom Purvis

You have just been sent a personal message by John Tonkovich on JFK

Received a personal e-mail from Tom Purvis' wife several days ago, regarding
his recent passing. Sure you were aware of this, but, as Barbara asked me to
pass it along, just thought I'd be sure to share the sad news with you.

http://www.gctimesonline.com/obituaries/article_9882c6c8-bf42-11e3-98da-001a4bcf6878.html

I hadn't heard. Sorry to hear the news.

Whether you agreed with Tom's conclusions or not, I have to say that the man did his research. How many others do you know who actually went out and purchased a Mannlicher-Carcano 6.5mm rifle and actually used it, when trying to prove/disprove his theories? I have to respect that level of dedication.

Heartfelt condolences to friends and family. Rest in Peace, Tom.

I have been away [long weekend holiday here in Canada] and just saw this news. Very sad, indeed. I had corresponded with Tom for many years, going back to the initial construct of his manuscript in 1991, and considered him a very good friend. His last letter of a few weeks ago was, as always, informative. I, for one, will miss this true researcher, someone who never refused to share any information with me and an individual whose expertise helped me along the road to the true history of the 6.5mm ammunition manufactured by the Western Cartridge Company. My heartfelt condolences to his many friends and family.

RIP, my friend.

Gary Murr

Tom was as individualistic a character as has ever graced the research community. He shared a distinction with but one other: John Canal. He was a Lone-Nut Conspiracy Theorist. Kinda like a Liger...or a Tion. Adios, amigo.

• 4 weeks later...