The Education Forum

Phil Nelson's new book: "LBJ: From Mastermind to 'the Colossus'"

Guest Robert Morrow

I read Nelson's book... Like most Lone Nuts and CTs he only uses the info that supports his theory, and all the facts must be considered for any theory to be true...

The bottom line is that despite being a sociopathic killer LBJ was just incapable of understanding let alone devising the complicated pscyh war cover-story that Castro was behind what happened at Dealey Plaza - though I think he eventually got it, he didn't buy it.

BK

Well, Bill, this is well-stated. Phil Nelson cherry-picks the elements of the JFK murder that he will use to support his theory that LBJ was the "mastermind" of the JFK murder.

Far too many elements of the JFK murder (i.e. from the WC, the Garrison trials and the HSCA) are missing from Nelson's one-sided and biased account.

Nelson must eventually conclude that the vast ignorance that LBJ displayed about the JFK murder must be taken as evidence that LBJ was the "mastermind" only because he let so many others handle the details for him!

In other words, it is LBJ's ignorance about the details of the JFK murder that "proved" that LBJ was the "mastermind." Talk about 21st century sophistry!

As for LBJ and his crew (Hoover-Warren-Dulles) refusing to buy the Castro-theory of the JFK murder, that can also be explained like this: that LBJ and crew actually knew who the members of the JFK Kill-Team really were -- and so LBJ and crew chose to keep that knowledge Top Secret for 75 years -- for purposes of National Security -- exactly as they said.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

as we watch evidence appear over the decades, it is slowly dawning on some of us where this is all going to end up - not that we've known it all along, but that once it's clear, we'll see how obvious it should have been. it's the simplest solution, ultimately, and it's going to land right square in that rat-bastard's lap.

as we watch evidence appear over the decades, it is slowly dawning on some of us where this is all going to end up - not that we've known it all along, but that once it's clear, we'll see how obvious it should have been. it's the simplest solution, ultimately, and it's going to land right square in that rat-bastard's lap.

I take it, Glenn, that you're an advocate of the LBJ-did-it theory of the JFK murder.

In this regard, are you familiar with the work of Craig Zirbel and his 1992 book, The Texas Connection, which is perhaps the first full-length work to support this hypothesis?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Hi Paul - Yes, i'm afraid I'm being led in that direction - more of a LBJ-et-al-did-it, of course. I read R Stone's book last year, but in pdf format on my phone (for the first and probably last time) and consequently didn't retain a lot of it. I want to learn more about Baker and Sol Estes, and more details about LBJ's historically disgraceful character, the literal and virtual skeletons in his closet i've read so much about.

Carl Oglesby's stuff leads me to a Texas connection, for sure, and that's 20ish year old material. I read a terrific book on the Bay of Pigs that was published in 2012 and discovered GHWB's apparent involvement that far back - this Conservative has had to reframe some of my political loyalties in my objective research, that's for sure. So, sure, between LBJ, Bush(es) and the mob, Texas looks like a convenient arena for all involved.

I'll put Craig's book in line.

This forum is such a terrific starting point for great material, starting with some of you smart people's insights. (now i have to go look up Hegelian Philosophy, damnit :)

cheers,

GN

AG

Hi Paul - Yes, i'm afraid I'm being led in that direction - more of a LBJ-et-al-did-it, of course. I read R Stone's book last year, but in pdf format on my phone (for the first and probably last time) and consequently didn't retain a lot of it. I want to learn more about Baker and Sol Estes, and more details about LBJ's historically disgraceful character, the literal and virtual skeletons in his closet i've read so much about.

Carl Oglesby's stuff leads me to a Texas connection, for sure, and that's 20ish year old material. I read a terrific book on the Bay of Pigs that was published in 2012 and discovered GHWB's apparent involvement that far back - this Conservative has had to reframe some of my political loyalties in my objective research, that's for sure. So, sure, between LBJ, Bush(es) and the mob, Texas looks like a convenient arena for all involved.

I'll put Craig's book in line.

This forum is such a terrific starting point for great material, starting with some of you smart people's insights. (now i have to go look up Hegelian Philosophy, damnit :)

cheers,

GN

AG

Well, Glenn, I'm not playing devil's advocate here when I say I really don't suspect LBJ of killing JFK.

Nor do I suspect the Bush family of killing JFK.

Nor do I suspect J. Edgar Hoover or the FBI of killing JFK.

Nor did I suspect Allen Dulles or the CIA high-command of killing JFK. (I admit that a few CIA rogues were involved).

IMHO, the politics of 1963 should suffice to explain why JFK was killed, without trying to fold in events from later years and generations.

IMHO, the politics of 1963 can be summarized succinctly with one word: CUBA.

Cuban politics killed JFK -- and while some disgruntled Bay of Pigs survivors were probably supporters, I don't suspect Cuban Exiles (as a group) of killing JFK.

In my view, JFK was killed by a USA Civilian Conspiracy, mostly gathered in the Southern States, and led by extreme right-wing political leaders who were active and known in 1963.

That Civilian Conspiracy was known by its overt language (since 1959) in accusing sitting US Presidents of Communism. Of course, I speak of the John Birch Society.

IMHO, because so many Americans had become convinced that JFK was a Communist, disparate elements in society attained a critical mass in Dallas -- and people who never cooperated before now cooperated in the JFK murder.

LBJ watched this occur, but was helpless to stop it. LBJ knew, with certainty, who killed JFK, but he was also certain that this knowledge would create riots in US streets, during the Cold War, which was a recipe for National Disaster.

So, in the interest of National Security (and with the advice of Hoover, Dulles and Warren), LBJ made the Truth of the JFK murder Top Secret for 75 years from the publication of the Warren Report (1964 to 2039 would be 75 years).

President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act of 1992, forming the ARRB, and moving the date of Full Disclosure of all Top Secret documents pertaining to the JFK murder -- including all records about Lee Harvey Oswald and any accomplices -- backward to 26 October 2017.

Why did President Bush do this? Because, IMHO, the USSR fell in 1990, thus ending the Cold War. The Cold War was the key reason that the Truth about the JFK murder had to be Top Secret for purposes of National Security. Therefore, 22 years was shaved off of Earl Warren's Supreme Court date for Full Disclosure.

IMHO, when we finally receive from the Federal Government those final Top Secret documents about the JFK murder, we will learn that Ex-General Edwin Walker led a group of Civilians and rogue Federal Agents, to murder JFK.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

P.S. About Hegelian Philosophy, give yourself five years -- he's the most difficult of all Western Philosophers. But well worth it, IMHO -- the first thing to learn is that Hegel was the *opposite* of Marx on every major point. The Marxist appropriation of Hegel in the 20th century was one more Big Lie by the USSR and Communism in its deadly game. Thank God that period of US History is over. We still have problems, but no more Nuclear Cold War, thank God.

Edited by Paul Trejo