The Education Forum

Conspiracy theorists Lie-Test film only available for Viewing11/22

Kathy Beckett

I didn't know if anyone was interested in watching this, but I wanted our membership to know about it and be able to view it if desired. I think it's important to see what is presented so counterpoints can be made with some knowledge of what is being said, as the maker is asking for feedback.

This is what Mr. Lambert says about his video:

"This is the working cut of my new documentary, Conspiracy Theorists Lie. The music is about 75% complete, the sound has not been mixed, and some images/effects are incomplete, but the majority of the film and the substance of the message are there. Since I cannot afford to rent out a theater and do test screenings with an audience I will be hosting a public screening here at Vimeo for One Day Only, November 22, 2014 (the 51st Anniversary of President Kennedy's murder) to get feedback@nomagicbullets.org on this production and promote it.

Conspiracy Theorists Lie is a look at the half-century of lies created and perpetuated by conspiracy theorists. Millions of people continue to be fascinated by these lies and the many books and shows that repeat them. Professional journalists and well educated people still treat the question of who killed JFK as if it were debatable, but it is not. The kind of paranoid, conspiracy thinking that believes it is possible to murder a president and cover it up for five decades is no better than believing that the Moon Landing and the Holocaust were faked, and it needs to be exposed as such. Conspiracy Theorists Lie is the first film to speak truth to nonsense and confront the poisonous nature of conspiracy theorist paranoia head on.

Learn more at nomagicbullets.org"

Here is the link. It expires at midnight 11/22. CST

http://vimeo.com/112064212

I didn't know if anyone was interested in watching this, but I wanted our membership to know about it and be able to view it if desired. I think it's important to see what is presented so counterpoints can be made with some knowledge of what is being said, as the maker is asking for feedback.

"This is the working cut of my new documentary, Conspiracy Theorists Lie. The music is about 75% complete, the sound has not been mixed, and some images/effects are incomplete, but the majority of the film and the substance of the message are there. Since I cannot afford to rent out a theater and do test screenings with an audience I will be hosting a public screening here at Vimeo for One Day Only, November 22, 2014 (the 51st Anniversary of President Kennedy's murder) to get feedback@nomagicbullets.org on this production and promote it.

Conspiracy Theorists Lie is a look at the half-century of lies created and perpetuated by conspiracy theorists. Millions of people continue to be fascinated by these lies and the many books and shows that repeat them. Professional journalists and well educated people still treat the question of who killed JFK as if it were debatable, but it is not. The kind of paranoid, conspiracy thinking that believes it is possible to murder a president and cover it up for five decades is no better than believing that the Moon Landing and the Holocaust were faked, and it needs to be exposed as such. Conspiracy Theorists Lie is the first film to speak truth to nonsense and confront the poisonous nature of conspiracy theorist paranoia head on.

James K. Lambert. I wonder if he's related to Patricia Lambert?

--Tommy :sun

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the trailer and the part where he challenges the claims in JFK. The former offered little insight into what the film was like, though hilariously he found a CT at DP on the 50th anniversary who was pushing the thoroughly discredited notion Kennedy was going to abolish the Fed.

The latter was weak, evidence in support of his claims was scant, he once even oddly cited another movie. And for his repeated insistence that CTs lie his account was often distorted or misleading. For example he said (accurately IMO) that it was an open question ifr JFK would have pulled out of Vietnam after the election but it's pretty clear he never would have escalated US involvement, at least not to the levels LBJ did. And his account of why LBJ dropped out of the race in '68 was quite dishonest (speaking of lying!)