The Education Forum

Judyth Vary Baker to be on Coasttocoastam tomorrow night

John (Armstrong) also told me that when he talked to her about her claim that people mistook her from Marina he asked if she was 8 months pregnant at the time, and her response was to hang up on him. She has gone very far out of her way to try to discredit John and his work. As Pamela noted she makes it all about her.

Like Pamela I was also once a supporter, when I learned that Debra Conway had her "proof"- the video of Anna, and would not return it. That aroused my suspicion, as many real witnesses have been suppressed. But I FINALLY got around to watching her TMWKK video that I had had for many years but just had not bothered to watch- the other two hours are far more interesting to me- and hearing her recount how she and Lee just began speaking Russian to each other at the post office struck me as totally false. I mean who the hell begins speaking ANY foreign language to a stranger in line at the PO? So I began looking more closely and the entire thing became false. I did enjoy her book, it was like reading a novel. Here is what I think happened. They worked together. Probably said hello or some such. So when 11/22 came she remembered her work colleague. Then as the yeas passed she began making up events, and it just grew and grew til she had inserted herself into every aspect of the story. Because it really IS "all about" Judy. She tried VERY hard to get me to come to her Dallas conference this past November. A good friend in real life was speaking there- Richard Bartholomew- and she sent me long inboxes on fb advising me that by not coming I was not supporting RB. Finally she unfriended me on fb. I think she has some serious mental health issues.

Dawn

Dawn,

I agree with you that it would be nice if Baker were to submit to a polygraph exam.

Let me say, however, that If I was standing in line at the post office (which usually lasts several minutes - lol) and noticed that the person in front of me was going to mail a letter addressed to someone in the Czech Republic, I would ask them if they spoke Czech, and if so, I would try to "impress" them by speaking a little Czech to them (having lived in that country for several years), so I don't think it's implausible that Oswald and Baker "just began" (as you say) to speak Russian with each other in that kind of situation. Maybe you think that's very strange behavior, but I don't. But then again, I'm not shy. Maybe Oswald was going to mail a letter to someone in Russia and Baker noticed it, and she struck up a conversation...

You say that Baker unfriended you on FB and that you think she has "some serious mental health issues? I gotta ask - do you say that because she disagrees with Armstrong, or because she unfriended you, or both?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Tom. I think because her story just grows and grows and she keeps inserting herself into every narrative indicates to me that she MAY have some issues. Certainly attention seeking behavior at the least. I don't care who she unfriends or whose work she attacks IF she can defend her position.

Neither Tom. I think because her story just grows and grows and she keeps inserting herself into every narrative indicates to me that she MAY have some issues. Certainly attention seeking behavior at the least. I don't care who she unfriends or whose work she attacks IF she can defend her position.

Dawn,

Fair enough.

--Tommy :sun

Oh dear! Judyth Vary Baker Wrongly Tried to Take me to Task! :-0

Says Judyth:

"Pamela Brown incorrectly reported that I was asked to leave a booth at Lancer that she implied I somehow invaded. My publisher had purchased a booth there, and I was with him until asked by FRIENDS to join them at their booth. I left quickly in order to speak at my own conference. Pamela Brown created a fake story, but has yet to "find" me."

Tsk, tsk, Judyth.

What I reported is that I was told that Judyth's publisher did indeed reserve a table in the book selling area of the NID conference in 2013. But they had completed the proper paperwork. Judyth had not, but had walzed in to hawk her book. As a result of the impropriety, she was asked to leave.

I will stand by my source that the version told to me by a JFKLancer insider is accurate. This may well be yet one more <yawn> example of Judyth's revisionism. But then, what are we to expect from someone who claims they are smarter than all the rest of us? :-0

I've 'found' her, alright! At the bottom of the sea. With the other bottom-feeders...

http://findingjudyth.blogspot.com/2015/01/oh-dear-judyth-vary-baker-wrongly-tried.html

PS I have just been contacted by my source at JFKLancer who happens to be the person who asked Judyth to leave. My facts are accurate and I stand by them. Judyth is lying. This is just one example of how Judyth twists evidence to suit her agenda and then tries to discredit the one doing their best to put forth the actual facts.

Here Is Sherry Fiester's reply from my blog. Sherry was the person who asked Judyth to leave:

At the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination in 2013, JFK Lancer hosted their 19th annual November in Dallas Conference. A portion of one of the Adolphus ballrooms was used as a retail area. For a small fee, other vendors were allowed to sell items of their choice. However, the vendors were not allowed sub-let their table or allow vendors not listed on their application to sell items. If the the vendor who purchased the table was not an author, they were not to host an "author signing" for other persons at their table. All authors present during the conference were invited to participate in regularly scheduled "author signings" throughout the conference. Those signings allowed for persons to interact with authors, ask questions, and take photographs. There was no fee, and all authors were encouraged to participate.

I have managed the retail area for many years and was present when Judyth come into the retail area. She had a friend selling her book at one of the tables. However, when she sat down and began selling her book, essentially she was participating as a second vendor. I personally spoke to the vendor who had purchased the table, advised him she was not allowed sell at his table, and that he could not host an author signing event at a retail table. I asked the authorized vendor to ask Judyth to leave the retail area. He spoke to her immediately, and she left. Judyth was in the NID conference area of the Adolphus over a time period of approximately 5 minutes or less.

OK, and I was there and can confirm Sherry's remarks from first hand observation. There was a very large retail area for that particular conference and a good number of folks actually paid for

tables to sell books and other materials; once you get into that level of event you have to ensure everyone is following the same guidelines.

Separating out all of the fascinating but irrelevant biographical stuff, what remains is:

A good chunk of it is borrowed liberally from existing sources: internet, books, articles, etc. (sometimes with attribution, sometimes not). Some of this material is, itself, questionable, such as Haslam's unproven theories.

A few things are new but completely unproven and unprovable. Elusive fact or outright invention? Was Oswald consulted by the Secret Service on the motorcade route??

The rest is Baker taking situations where our knowledge is limited, and filling in the blanks. We don't have a definitive answer on 544 Camp St, but Baker does. We don't have a definitive answer on Clinton/Jackson, but Baker does. Did Oswald know Ruby, Shaw, etc.?? Baker knows.

And let's not even talk about her frantic attempts to make herself seem more genuine, by claiming people are doing dastardly things to her.

Her writings are not reliable history.

OK, and I was there and can confirm Sherry's remarks from first hand observation. There was a very large retail area for that particular conference and a good number of folks actually paid for

tables to sell books and other materials; once you get into that level of event you have to ensure everyone is following the same guidelines.

Thank you Larry.

Another thing to consider in evaluating Baker's account(s): Some caught-on early to her tendency to sanitize her account. That is, when she is caught in a seeming falsehood, contradiction, problem, she is strikingly resourceful at "spinning" her way out of trouble with a torrent of nonlinear prose, effectively changing her story. She has done this again and again. (I disagree with those who see her as very intelligent: Crafty, yes. Smart, no. She has made poor judgments again and again. One decision in particular.)

Pamela - has Bonnie Faulkner dropped her correspondence with you? She has with me. I wonder if she even bothered to read any of the Baker threads on the Forum.

Pamela - has Bonnie Faulkner dropped her correspondence with you? She has with me. I wonder if she even bothered to read any of the Baker threads on the Forum.

I have heard nothing more from Bonnie Faulkner either...we can only hope she may have grabbed a clue as to how Judyth used her...

Paul,

I was sorting out my inbox and I did find a 'reply' from Bonnie Faulkner, from January 15th. However, she simply stated she does not want me to share her email with the group and thanked me for asking. At the very least, I hope you and I have given her a heads-up about being comfortable with any future involvement with Judyth...

Another thing to consider in evaluating Baker's account(s): Some caught-on early to her tendency to sanitize her account. That is, when she is caught in a seeming falsehood, contradiction, problem, she is strikingly resourceful at "spinning" her way out of trouble with a torrent of nonlinear prose, effectively changing her story. She has done this again and again. (I disagree with those who see her as very intelligent: Crafty, yes. Smart, no. She has made poor judgments again and again. One decision in particular.)

speaking of poor judgement, methinks Blackburst, a few here and of course, the entire alt.assassination.jfk crowd (here and elsewhere) need Judyth much, much more than she needs these forums. Folks sure do give her a platform, don't they (present posters included)?

Also, some JFKResearch veterans here gave her a more than fair shot at making her point 8 some years back. Her story was found wanting then. True lone nutters just can't seem to leave her and her tales of woe alone, why?

Edited by David G. Healy

I think the main things that concern many parties - LN and CT alike - are that her claims are mixing into the good evidence stream, and some newbies are citing them as established facts; and that she seems to be trying to legitimize herself by holding conferences.

You've long been a very partisan guy, and I see you trying to make it an "LN thing," but the current wave of concern over her story has lots of CTs. The most recent was Greg Parker; there are rumors of an impending article by Jim DiEugenio; and there are lots of other CTs who mistrust her stories (Lifton, Conway, Junkkarinen, etc).