The Education Forum

Best-selling JFK conspiracy books today on Amazon

Richard Charnin posted on Facebook:

Jan. 10, 9am: the best-selling JFK-conspiracy books based on Amazon sales rankings:
1 JFK and the Unspeakable
2 Reclaiming Science: The JFK Conspiracy
3 The Man Who Killed JFK
4 David Ferrie
5 Dr. Mary's Monkey
6 They Killed our President
7 Me and Lee
8 JFK Assassination Rehearsal
9 Not in Your Lifetime
10 On the Trail of the Assassins
11 Crossfire
12 Hit List
13 Last Investigation
14 JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate JFK
15 Echo from Dealey Plaza
16 LBJ: Mastermind to Colossus
17 The Men on the 6th floor
18 Killing JFK: History of Deceit
19 Survivors Guilt
20 Girl on the Stairs

Thanks for sharing this information.

Currently, I'm reading my copy of ULTIMATE SACRIFICE...it sat unread on my shelf long enough.

I think James Douglass gets it wrong in "JFK and the Unspeakable".

The theme of the book is that JFK had enemies in the military, CIA, and elsewhere who believed he was soft on communism and who were moved to act against him by his American University speech, in which JFK called for accommodation with the Soviet Union. Douglass argues these enemies wanted war in Viet Nam and got what they wanted. Douglass maintains JFK was seeking peace and got killed for doing so.

Douglass's core argument, that JFK wanted peace and got killed for doing so, appears to fit the historical record. It does, but only if one is willing to conflate causes with consequences.

JFK had an array of enemies. Perhaps a broad and deep array, but so did FDR and Truman. JFK wasn't killed by an array of enemies, in my estimation. One sees easily today the array of obvious enemies he faced. Did any of these enemies have the lasting power to cover up the facts of his assassination? I doubt it. The continuing cover-up is the most significant fact of the assassination today. It goes to who killed him and why. What reason does the U.S. Government have today to deprive the American people of the truth of his killing?

JFK was killed for a specific reason. That reason still prevails.

Jon:

I wish to associate myself with your comments. You frame the issue succinctly. "The continuing cover-up is the most significant fact of the assassination today. It goes to who killed him and why. What reason does the U.S. Government have today to deprive the American people of the truth of his killing?"

I think James Douglass gets it wrong in "JFK and the Unspeakable".

The theme of the book is that JFK had enemies in the military, CIA, and elsewhere who believed he was soft on communism and who were moved to act against him by his American University speech, in which JFK called for accommodation with the Soviet Union. Douglass argues these enemies wanted war in Viet Nam and got what they wanted. Douglass maintains JFK was seeking peace and got killed for doing so.

Douglass's core argument, that JFK wanted peace and got killed for doing so, appears to fit the historical record. It does, but only if one is willing to conflate causes with consequences.

JFK had an array of enemies. Perhaps a broad and deep array, but so did FDR and Truman. JFK wasn't killed by an array of enemies, in my estimation. One sees easily today the array of obvious enemies he faced. Did any of these enemies have the lasting power to cover up the facts of his assassination? I doubt it. The continuing cover-up is the most significant fact of the assassination today. It goes to who killed him and why. What reason does the U.S. Government have today to deprive the American people of the truth of his killing?

What reason does the U.S. Government have today to deprive the American people of the truth of his killing?

Its legitimacy.

He was killed because he was going to cost some people a lot of money.

Edited by Martin Blank

I more or less see it that way too Martin. And I think Douglass has it basically right. So does RFK Jr. btw, who recommends JFK and the Unspeakable to those who are interested. Funny - Amazon readers put that book as number 1.

Jon - on another post somewhere you suggest that Middle East policy change was the hidden goal of the perpetrators. Big money for sure. I just never read anything about JFK's Middle East policy.

I would add to what Martin said by saying I think that in addition to legitimacy of government we may be protecting certain families who are still at the center of the establishment.

I recently read Phil Nelson's LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination. Great book, I recommend it.

Mark-

Ultimate Sacrifice is probably next on my list, after I get through The Brothers Karamazov.

I seem to really like long books for some reason. :)