The Education Forum

The Most Important Error the FBI told the Warren Commission about the Rifle

Hi Chris

I happened to take another look at the graphic you posted a link to in post #192. The graphic must have been drawn after JFK's entry wound was moved from the lower part of the back of his head (EOP) up to the cowlick. The artist shows the trajectory lined up with a bullet exiting above JFK's left eyebrow, after, of course, going to the left of Jack Ready's head.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris & Robert

It's difficult to imagine the 3D Dealey Plaza model seen in WCD 298 (supposedly accurate down to the cars on Elm Street) & FBI/WC ballistics experts, mathematicians & other scientists viewing it & somehow resisting the temptation to simply move the Queen Mary & JFK's parade car the entire length of the ambush to study the effects of such movement each foot traveled by those cars in the ambush. The 3D Dealey Plaza model allowed for a 360 degree analysis of shot trajectories anywhere within the borders of Dealey Plaza (long before that capability was taken over by computer graphics). This suggests to me that the WC knew of shot blockage situations in Washington (without having to be on site in Dealey Plaza). Just what the WC/FBI investigators saw in the Z-film, Nix & Muchmore films that suggested a headshot in close proximity to the pergola sidewalk steps is intriguing. No such suggestion exists in the 3 films seen by the public. Is the WCD 298 model with the 3 strings indicating shot locations the only truth about the shooting the public will ever get? It should be obvious when examining WCD 298 in conjunction with the 2 SS film & photo re-enactments conducted in late November & early December 1963 that Federal investigators had evidentiary reason to place the shot locations where they did. This is the big tease left in the WC Report; what was that initial evidentiary reason(s) that led to WCD 298, why & how was that evidence changed from its original state? Why was WCD 298 included in the Report in the 1st place when it clearly contradicts the WC's shooting analysis developed later in the WC's lifespan?

I'm willing to bet when Robert finishes his wooden model, the 1st thing visitors to it will do is play with the cars & move them around on Elm Street to see how such movement affects trajectory angles.

BTW, the Queen Mary is missing on shots 2 & 3 in the 3D Dealey Plaza model. If either string touched the missing Queen Mary or toy models for agents Landis or Ready, it would have been obvious in Washington that their shot analysis was wrong.

Update on the Queen Mary specs Robert & Chris are looking for:

I've asked Vince Palamara (on his blog) if he knows the ride, windshield & running board heights of the Queen Mary. Vince has a reputation for being 'Mr. Wizard' when it comes to all things Secret Service. If anyone might know those Queen Mary specs, it should be Vince. I'm fairly certain those specs are in the book 'Mortal Error'. Perhaps one of Robert's readers that has that book will share that info with him here in his thread?

I didn't find those specs in Pam Brown's original website text, nor in William Manchester's 'Death Of A President'. I did notice some errors Manchester made (he has the Queen Mary as a 1955 Cadillac). The lack of Queen Mary height specifications is a reminder that all these years post-ambush the Queen Mary & occupants were overlooked as presenting a possible/probable line of sight obstruction for a TSBD sniper's nest shooter. It evidently was easier to omit the car & occupants from visuals & write the humans off with trajectory angles on paper for those pushing the Government's case. IOW, a con job. The public has wisened up to this sham in 51 years, particularly when exposed to numerous interviews of some of the Queen Mary's SS agents recanting their experiences on Elm Street with the car (or a replica of it) conspicuously missing from the visual presentations. As ludicrous as that is, that's what has been sold all this time. One gets the agents telling them what happened but not the car that transported them during the attack on JFK & entourage.

I've emailed the curator of the auto museum that owns the Queen Mary & asked that person to measure the actual Queen Mary II for us in regards to windshield, ride & running board height. We already have the length & wheelbase specs. I've asked that those specifications be verified. From all of this we should get the data needed to proceed scientifically. For others who wish to send their own inquiries, the email address is: museum@historicautoattractions.com (The recent Northeast blizzard may slow a response).

Not having accurate specifications forces one to do what my friends & I did a long time ago on site in Elm Street: 'guestimate' & resort to 'eyeballin' it' science; both loaded with non-precision & invites for errors.

On Chris' graphic: from what I remember, Elm Street is steeper than what the graphic shows at the Z-313 location. Agent Ready blocks the lower part of the sniper's nest when placed back from a JFK actor (at the headshot street X) in several distance variations either on or off the running board. Ditto for agent Landis. Raise the back of the Queen Mary & lower the front & that's how I remember the steepness of the street at Z-313. I'd bet that if a ball was placed on the 2nd street X, it would roll on its own down towards the TUP.

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

Hi Chris

I happened to take another look at the graphic you posted a link to in post #192. The graphic must have been drawn after JFK's entry wound was moved from the lower part of the back of his head (EOP) up to the cowlick. The artist shows the trajectory lined up with a bullet exiting above JFK's left eyebrow, after, of course, going to the left of Jack Ready's head.

Robert/Brad

http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/21WFPhwW/file.html

In the program "The Smoking Gun", eventually the head shot trajectory from Hickey's position in the QM was determined to be correct.

chris

Still doesn't work, unless he's holding the AR-15 over his head. He's way at the back of the Cadillac, and not that tall of a man. The '56 Cadillac had a high windshield on it, and I believe it would have gotten in the way. That is another I will be testing.

Still doesn't work, unless he's holding the AR-15 over his head. He's way at the back of the Cadillac, and not that tall of a man. The '56 Cadillac had a high windshield on it, and I believe it would have gotten in the way. That is another I will be testing.

Robert,

chris

I think I understand now. The photos of the testing by Shaneyfelt show the rifle, at the 6th floor window, quite high in the air and mounted on a tripod. Its position is far higher than a position a shooter would have naturally assumed on the window sill.

For that matter, how did the WC arrive at the figure of the rifle being 2 feet above the window sill? If the boxes were stacked 2 feet higher than the window sill, giving Oswald a shooting rest, how did Brennan give such an accurate description of Oswald?

I think I understand now. The photos of the testing by Shaneyfelt show the rifle, at the 6th floor window, quite high in the air and mounted on a tripod. Its position is far higher than a position a shooter would have naturally assumed on the window sill.

For that matter, how did the WC arrive at the figure of the rifle being 2 feet above the window sill? If the boxes were stacked 2 feet higher than the window sill, giving Oswald a shooting rest, how did Brennan give such an accurate description of Oswald?

Robert,

I don't know what West's interpretation was.

I do agree with your thoughts here.

chris

Just as I have difficulty understanding how the WC placed the trajectory of the rifle 2 feet above the window sill, I also have difficulty imagining a trajectory from the back seat of the QM, to the lower part of the back of JFK's head, clearing the top of the QM windshield. The biggest problem I have with this is that JFK was not sitting upright at z313 but, rather leaned over to his left, and his head was lower than at, say, z210. Also, as I don't believe Hickey had spotted a target to shoot at, would he have the AR-15 up to his shoulder, ready to take aim, or would he be holding it lower down, while he scanned for a target?

It is very tempting to believe JFK was accidentally shot by Hickey with an AR-15, as the resultant display at z313 would match with a shot like this. However, being shot from behind with a .223 would not explain the gaping hole in the right rear of JFK's head, observed by Parkland physicians.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme