The Education Forum

Rare interview with Malcolm Kilduff, JFK's press secretary in Dallas

To me the most fascinating part of this interview occurs at minute 12 when LBJ, after being informed by Malcolm Kilduff that he is now president, says of JFK's assassination, "This could be communist conspiracy." Thus, the pre-agreed upon line to be used in the subsequent cover-up began. It was later used by LBJ to persuade Chief Justice Warren to accept the position of heading the Warren Commission.

All due respects Douglas, and that is a bunch of respect; the most important part of this interview occurs at 2:30+

MALCOLM KILDUFF claims the vehicle he was riding in was along side the TSBD when the fist rifle shot occurred.

"Just as we turned by the TSBD, so I was directly under the window when we heard the first noise"

Edited by Robert Mady

I think the most important part is when he informs us that Jack Ruby was just a "bar owner" with pictures of Kennedy all over his bar. It's a relief to know that the idea this grieving bar owner was silencing Oswald is hogwash.

I think the interview itself was valuable. I don't agree with some of "Mac" Kilduff's conclusions, because this interview occurred before the AARB had completed its mission, and he was lacking some of the information available to us today.