The Education Forum

An IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING FORUM POSTS: Please Read!

I am sorry to say, but we have had a bit of a hiccup.

That means that we need to restore the most recent backup. Backup are made every night at 10 ET.

That means any posts members have made since 10 ET yesterday will not have been saved and therefore will not be restored.

It is suggested that members save their important posts and manually restore them tomorrow.

We apologise for this and we are aware it is a real inconvenience and will cause some hardship. However we had no option, a restoration is the only way to correct the problem.

James

To be honest, I am not sure Thomas.

One way might be to save the entire topic as a PDF. Browsers allow you to do that. You can then extract your own posts and restore them later.

That would seem a reasonably easy way.

Kathy has also suggested another way. Whatever is more easier for you.

James.

Copy or cut and paste your post(s) to your computer's Notepad, and then put it(them) back up tomorrow.

Thanks.

It's 12:35 PM right now in California, 3:35 PM ET, I guess. By what time do I need to do this in order for them not to be forever lost?

I've got to go run some errands right now.

--Tommy :sun

An Update:-

I have just heard from Invision that there will be no restoration tonight. Because the problem occurred on Friday night, Invision have realised that the nightly backups - from Friday night to Sunday night - have overwritten the files they need to restore the member's membership.

Sorry for the confusion.

James.

Lee,

I am not prepared to give you all the details. However I will outline the essentials.

An administrative task took place on Friday night that also essentially deleted a member's membership.

Although I knew Invision did daily backup's at 10pm ET I was not aware every backup deleted the previous night's backup.

Hence the initial request to back up all your essential posts to save them.

However when it became known to us that that the restore would not work - because the details that were present on Friday night had now been erased by subsequent backups - we were informed we would have to take another route to repair this matter. That was when I announced that there would be no backup last night.

Now regarding two points made in your posts.

1. We made a mistake and we are attempting to remedy it. Members confidential info was never an issue of risk.

2. Although a little embarrassing for this to occur in public, I feel it demonstrates the lengths we will go to repair a situation that is our fault. The member's membership will be restored however public and embarrassing it is to the administration.

James