The Education Forum

Was it Lansdale?

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Mark Valenti

Not to be argumentative, sincerely

Uh oh...red flag...

...but aren't almost everyone's ears in the same general location and angle of just about everyone else's? The key word is "general" [location]. There is an actual science called Ear Biometrics from which identification can perhaps be relied upon. But it involves a lot more than "general" location and angle.

Thanks for the tip.

My original objection to the approach you adopted was based on a fallacy known as false equivalence.

Fetzer uses these arguments about how to argue too. I find them a convenient way to hide behind verbiage.

Although it was not stated, it was in play early in the thread. There is a great deal of difference in the value of the evidence being compared.

So you think.

The evidence offered by two respected eye witnesses--each of whom independently and positively identified the subject--versus your self described "parlor game."

Truthfully, not to impinge on anyone's hero worship, but the relative value of someone identifying a person whose face they cannot see, based on subjective opinion, is worth maybe a smidgen more than the average observer, but certainly does not end the ball game.

I do not think it is accurate to label a positive identification, even one with which you take exception, as a "parlor game."

That's where we differ. I think some folks take themselves terribly seriously. It's not a crusade, it's a hobby.

You are, of course, entitled to label your own study whatever you think most accurately describes it.

Gee thanks, Greg. Generous of you.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mark Valenti

For the record: I do not find anything about this subject to be "fun" nor do I participate in "parlor games" concerning our dead president. I sensed early on that this is where the thread was headed and expressed my objections to it before the moderators found my posts to that effect needed to be hidden.

EDIT: I should add that the posts that were hidden have been restored by the moderator.

Your Spidey sense was tingling, eh? And my subsequent reaction had nothing to do with your rude characterization? Puh-leeze. Sparks create flames.

This is not a hobby for me. I am not now, nor did I ever, attack you. However, I reject your methodology and your approach for the reasons I have already stated. The word "amateurish" as opposed to "professional" is descriptive, but not necessarily rude depending on intent. I apologize if my tone contributed to a knee-jerk reaction in you.

Guest Mark Valenti

This is not a hobby for me. I am not now, nor did I ever, attack you. However, I reject your methodology and your approach for the reasons I have already stated. The word "amateurish" as opposed to "professional" is descriptive, but not necessarily rude depending on intent. I apologize if my tone contributed to a knee-jerk reaction in you.

I never said you attacked me. I said you were rude. And it wasn't a knee-jerk reaction, it was a response.

I think this has been discussed on here before, but I don't remember there being a definitive answer reached - Cliff asked why the Lansdale figure would be hanging around hours after the assassination. In the video posted, and I believe this was the consensus of early researchers, it states that the picture was captured a few minutes after the shooting. The tramps episode occurring hours after the assassination doesn't make much sense to me, but I have heard this from multiple people. Does anyone know the original source for it being hours rather than minutes?

Impossible to identify people who are facing away from the camera. Fun parlor game, though.

Yes, Morales certainly wouldn't have wanted his face to be "captured" on camera in New Orleans on August 9, 1963 or in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63.

Regardless, would Lansdale and Morales have made a good team in organizing or implementing the assassination?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Guest Mark Valenti

I think this has been discussed on here before, but I don't remember there being a definitive answer reached - Cliff asked why the Lansdale figure would be hanging around hours after the assassination. In the video posted, and I believe this was the consensus of early researchers, it states that the picture was captured a few minutes after the shooting. The tramps episode occurring hours after the assassination doesn't make much sense to me, but I have heard this from multiple people. Does anyone know the original source for it being hours rather than minutes?

Gus Abrams, Harold Doyle and John Gedney were marched across the street at around 2:30 - two full hours after the assassination.

Guest Mark Valenti

Impossible to identify people who are facing away from the camera. Fun parlor game, though.

Yes, Morales certainly wouldn't have wanted his face to be "captured" on camera in New Orleans on August 9, 1963 or in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63.

Regardless, would Lansdale and Morales have made a good team in organizing or implementing the assassination?

Skill set says yes.

The tramps were taken off a freight train that had left the railway yard behind the grassy knoll and had traveled about half-a-mile down the tracks to the south east, close to where those skyscraper hotels are today. Then they were marched back to Dealey Plaza. My memory tells me it was around 2:30 PM when those photos of the tramps were taken.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Given Lansdale's background, Prouty believed, and I agree , that Lansdale was given the job of managing the assassination. If that was so, I would think that something would have had to go wrong with the script for Lansdale to break cover and go on the ground. What it could have been, I don't really know.

Does anyone know for sure when the tramps photos were taken? Not to be a pain but I think it makes a huge difference. I'm new to the forum so I should let it be known that I don't think that the tramps were involved in the conspiracy or differ from the official record. However, it doesn't make sense for the episode to take place two full hours after the assassination... why would the police even be taking people in a boxcar into custody two hours after the shooting?

Does anyone know for sure when the tramps photos were taken? Not to be a pain but I think it makes a huge difference. I'm new to the forum so I should let it be known that I don't think that the tramps were involved in the conspiracy or differ from the official record. However, it doesn't make sense for the episode to take place two full hours after the assassination... why would the police even be taking people in a boxcar into custody two hours after the shooting?

Have you tried googling "three tramps" "dealey plaza" all at the same time and using quotation marks just like that?

Using quotation marks in google search can do wonderful things.

good luck

Guest Mark Valenti

We are asked to buy the theory that a prominent personage like Lansdale would futz around Dealey Plaza for two full hours, while newspaper reporters, photographers and tv news teams were converging like flies. Maybe Prouty thought the photos were taken right after the assassination?

EDIT: just answered my own question. In an interview Prouty thought the tramps were photographed five minutes after the shooting.

One more thing. It was claimed earlier that Proutys ID of Lansdale was boosted by the agreement of someone else who knew him, meaning Krulak.

Prouty, in his interview, says he sent the photo to Krulak without mentioning his theory (that Lansdale was in the photo).

But in Krulaks own letter back to Prouty, he refers to Proutys mention of Lansdale in Proutys initial letter. In other words, Prouty would have us believe that Krulak arrived at his ID of Lansdale on his own, without prompting.

That does not appear to be the case.

Edited by Mark Valenti