The Education Forum

Walker Shooting

Here is the so-called Walker letter.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1133&relPageId=26

Can anyone ID the bridge at point 11?

Interesting question about the bridge, Greg. Looking at a map of Dallas, Main Street seems to cross the Trinity River just west of Dealey Plaza, where the city jail is located. Taking this route west would lead To Irving, just west of Dallas. Could this be what was meant in point 11?

Do his directions correctly locate the jail and the landmark travelling from Irving?

"If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge)"

I have made some interesting discoveries. Just after going under the Triple Underpass, and just after the Stemmons Freeway on ramp, Elm St., Main St. and Commerce St. seem to merge into one road that is called West Commerce St. About 800 metres past the TUP, W. Commerce St. crosses the Trinity River, and guess what is the first avenue crossing W. Commerce St. on the western bank of the Trinity River? Give up? It's North Beckley Avenue, and no more than 3.5 kilometres south on N. Beckley Ave. is Oswald's rooming house.

But there's more. Four blocks south of Oswald's rooming house on N. Beckley, and two and one half blocks west on West Neely St. puts us at 214 West Neely St., the supposed locale for the famous back yard photos.

Dealey Plaza is definitely the beginning of the Dallas downtown area and, depending on how things translate from Russian, some might interpret entering the "city" as entering the downtown area, while for me, entering a city begins when I reach the suburban outskirts.

And, if I was driving from 801 West Irving Boulevard in Irving Texas, and headed for downtown Dallas, one quick route might be going east on W. Irving Blvd. for 2 kilometres, south on Highway 12 for 8 kilometres and then east again on the Tom Landry Freeway. After 5 kilometres on the Tom Landry Freeway, take the Ft. Worth Ave. exit going east, and follow this road until it becomes West Commerce St. and crosses the Trinity River and voila! you are in Dealey Plaza.

The thing I think we should keep in mind is that anyone could have figured all of this out, and included the directions to the city jail in the note when it was written. I am still far from convinced that Oswald wrote this note.

I don't think he did either. Not THAT note anyway.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I think we should keep in mind is that anyone could have figured all of this out, and included the directions to the city jail in the note when it was written. I am still far from convinced that Oswald wrote this note.

On what evidence, exactly? Kindly summarize.

IMHO, this note is very believable. OSWALD, despite serious emotional issues that showed in his lack of lasting friendships, also showed a higher than average IQ.

Evidently OSWALD thought of himself as Ernest Hemmingway in the USSR, and he really hoped his "historic diary" would make him a famous writer. OSWALD expressed disappointment when George De Mohrenschildt dismissed it with a wave of his hand.

True, he lacked a fraction of the talent of a Hemmingway -- but just the fact that OSWALD had the *ambition* to be like Ernest Hemmingway was the mark of a higher IQ.

OSWALD knew about microdots in 1963 -- he knew about cryptography, and he pushed himself to speak Russian fluently by the age of 20. OSWALD suffered from many problems -- but IQ wasn't one of his problems.

Based on his high IQ and his fluent command of Russian by age 20, this Russian note is logically his own.

Also -- it seems shallow to suggest that the CIA would forge a note by OSWALD in Russian, which has an unclear purpose taken by itself. Nor does the fact that Ruth Paine had relatives in the CIA change my mind. Ruth wasn't CIA -- she was a Quaker mom.

Michael Paine wasn't CIA either. (The fact that his father had been a Trotskyite was immediately disqualifying, anyway.) Michael was a yuppie engineer on track to make more money than any CIA officer ever dreamed.

Lee Harvey OSWALD was innocent of killing JFK. He was set-up. But he wasn't set-up by the Paines, or by George De Mohrenschildt or by Volkmar Schmidt.

No, OSWALD was set-up by the enemy of the Paines and the De Morhenschildts and the Schmidts -- OSWALD was set-up by Ex-General Edwin Walker. Quite brilliantly I might add.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<set-up rather than framed>

Edited by Paul Trejo

On what evidence, exactly? Kindly summarize.

IMHO, this note is very believable. OSWALD, despite serious emotional issues that showed in his lack of lasting friendships, also showed a higher than average IQ.

Evidently OSWALD thought of himself as Ernest Hemmingway in the USSR, and he really hoped his "historic diary" would make him a famous writer. OSWALD expressed disappointment when George De Mohrenschildt dismissed it with a wave of his hand.

True, he lacked a fraction of the talent of a Hemmingway -- but just the fact that OSWALD had the *ambition* to be like Ernest Hemmingway was the mark of a higher IQ.

OSWALD knew about microdots in 1963 -- he knew about cryptography, and he pushed himself to speak Russian fluently by the age of 20. OSWALD suffered from many problems -- but IQ wasn't one of his problems.

Based on his high IQ and his fluent command of Russian by age 20, this Russian note is logically his own.

Also -- it seems shallow to suggest that the CIA would forge a note by OSWALD in Russian, which has an unclear purpose taken by itself. Nor does the fact that Ruth Paine had relatives in the CIA change my mind. Ruth wasn't CIA -- she was a Quaker mom.

Michael Paine wasn't CIA either. (The fact that his father had been a Trotskyite was immediately disqualifying, anyway.) Michael was a yuppie engineer on track to make more money than any CIA officer ever dreamed.

Lee Harvey OSWALD was innocent of killing JFK. He was framed. But he wasn't framed by the Paines, or by George De Mohrenschildt or by Volkmar Schmidt.

No, OSWALD was framed by the enemy of the Paines and the De Morhenschildts and the Schmidts -- OSWALD was framed by Ex-General Edwin Walker. Quite brilliantly I might add.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Dear "Garibaldi" Trejo,

Framed (i.e. after the fact) or set up (in advance)?

Jon G. Tidd pointed out the difference some time ago.

--Tommy :sun

Dear "Garibaldi" Trejo,

Well, Tommy, the way I read it, Ex-General Edwin Walker in Dallas telephoned his political ally, Guy Banister in New Orleans, on Easter Sunday 1963.

The topic was that somebody in an official position in government -- he never revealed the name -- had revealed to Walker that Lee Harvey OSWALD had been his April shooter only four days before.

This was good luck for Walker, because Guy Banister had been working with a smart pal, David Ferrie, on the Carlos Marcello case against that rat RFK, and as it turns out, David Ferrie knew OSWALD rather well.

They both realized that paramilitary justice was demanded in this case.

So, they devised a plan. They would entice OSWALD to come to New Orleans for a fantastic opportunity -- he would be treated royally, with money, privileges, and the chance to be a real US hero, with a homecoming parade and even a chance to be President of the USA one day.

The scam was to tell OSWALD that this was a CIA mission to kill Fidel Castro, and there was $100,000 in it if he was successful. It would be easy. He would infiltrate the FPCC, impersonate an FPCC officer, because FPCC officers always got instant, no-questions asked entry into Cuba from the Mexico City consulate. Piece of cake. Once in Cuba, OSWALD would meet his hit team.

That very weekend, IMHO, David Ferrie called OSWALD on the telephone and offered him this exciting opportunity. OSWALD could write his ticket after this. What did he want? A full-time job in the CIA? No problem!

We know from a common timeline that the very next Monday, April 17th, OSWALD told Marina that he was moving to New Orleans. "Thank goodness," she thought, because the Walker shooting really shook her up. She loved the idea that OSWALD was getting out of Dallas ASAP.

Well -- you get the idea. From April 1963 through September 1963, Guy Banister & Company put on a great show for OSWALD, who believed that all these New Orleans riff-raff were really undercover CIA Agents. (The millionaire, Clay Shaw, among them, sealed the deal.) OSWALD was finally playing 007 for the first time in the USA, and he rose to the occasion. He had never shone so brightly in his life.

OSWALD would get in the newspapers, on the radio, even on TV. He would be the Director of his own FPCC, and he would take his impressive "resume" to Mexico City where they would whisk him into Cuba with open arms. This was the dream. This was the promise.

But Edwin Walker and Guy Banister were laughing their heads off back in the States. In the meantime, Edwin Walker didn't just rely on Guy Banister -- there was another team in Los Angeles county that would support Walker. In brief, we're talking about Loran Hall, Larry Howard and those related to Interpen.

(We have documented evidence, for example, that Interpen fighters like Gerry Hemming would visit the home of Walker in Dallas in 1963, and beg for money, as Walker was a millionaire on paper, due to newspaper lawsuits.)

Anyway -- on Easter Sunday 1963 -- Lee Harvey OSWALD was framed in advance. The plan was so elaborate that it would take the better part of six months to complete it. (We will always have Jim Garrison to thank for uncovering most of the New Orleans evidence. Harry Dean uncovered most of the Los Angeles evidence.)

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Dear "Garibaldi" Trejo,

Well, Tommy, the way I read it, Ex-General Edwin Walker in Dallas telephoned his political ally, Guy Banister in New Orleans, on Easter Sunday 1963.

The topic was that somebody in an official position in government -- he never revealed the name -- had revealed to Walker that Lee Harvey OSWALD had been his April shooter only four days before.

This was good luck for Walker, because Guy Banister had been working with a smart pal, David Ferrie, on the Carlos Marcello case against that rat RFK, and as it turns out, David Ferrie knew OSWALD rather well.

They both realized that paramilitary justice was demanded in this case.

So, they devised a plan. They would entice OSWALD to come to New Orleans for a fantastic opportunity -- he would be treated royally, with money, privileges, and the chance to be a real US hero, with a homecoming parade and even a chance to be President of the USA one day.

The scam was to tell OSWALD that this was a CIA mission to kill Fidel Castro, and there was $100,000 in it if he was successful. It would be easy. He would infiltrate the FPCC, impersonate an FPCC officer, because FPCC officers always got instant, no-questions asked entry into Cuba from the Mexico City consulate. Piece of cake. Once in Cuba, OSWALD would meet his hit team.

That very weekend, IMHO, David Ferrie called OSWALD on the telephone and offered him this exciting opportunity. OSWALD could write his ticket after this. What did he want? A full-time job in the CIA? No problem!

We know from a common timeline that the very next Monday, April 17th, OSWALD told Marina that he was moving to New Orleans. "Thank goodness," she thought, because the Walker shooting really shook her up. She loved the idea that OSWALD was getting out of Dallas ASAP.

Well -- you get the idea. From April 1963 through September 1963, Guy Banister & Company put on a great show for OSWALD, who believed that all these New Orleans riff-raff were really undercover CIA Agents. OSWALD was finally playing 007 for the first time in the USA, and he loved it.

OSWALD would get in the newspapers, on the radio, even on TV. He would be the Director of his own FPCC, and he would take his impressive "resume" to Mexico City where they would whisk him into Cuba with open arms. This was the dream. This was the promise.

But Edwin Walker and Guy Banister were laughing their heads off back in the States. In the meantime, Edwin Walker didn't just rely on Guy Banister -- there was another team in Los Angeles county that would support Walker. In brief, we're talking about Loran Hall, Larry Howard and those related to Interpen. (We have documented evidence, for example, the Interpen fighters would visit the home of Walker in Dallas in 1963, and beg for money, as Walker was a millionaire on paper, due to newspaper lawsuits.)

Anyway -- on Easter Sunday 1963 -- Lee Harvey OSWALD was framed in advance. The plan was so elaborate that it would take the better part of six months to complete the sheep-dip.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

If it was done in advance, it was a set up, not a frame job.

Using words correctly helps to avoid confusion.

If it was done in advance, it was a set up, not a frame job.

Using words correctly helps to avoid confusion.

Oh, I see your semantic difference now. OK, OSWALD was "set-up" in advance -- way back in April, 1963.

--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Lack of friends, high IQ - 2 hallmarks of Asperger's

Attachment to older people - hallmark of Asperger's

Based on his high IQ and his fluent command of Russian by age 20, this Russian note is logically his own - You may have missed it, but the so-called Walker note showed a low level of fluency, whereas other Russian letters by Oswald have very few issues.

Based on his high IQ and his fluent command of Russian by age 20, this Russian note is logically his own - You may have missed it, but the so-called Walker note showed a low level of fluency, whereas other Russian letters by Oswald have very few issues.

Interesting. Well, we know that OSWALD was also a notoriously poor speller in English, so we might extrapolate that he was also a poor speller in Russian.

As for "fluency," I'd need to see more details (as I don't read Russian myself). Yet insofar as OSWALD was on his way to commit a felony, one might take that into consideration in the hasty composition of this Russian note to his wife.

Though he had a high IQ, OSWALD was nevertheless immature in many ways -- and I think his immaturity shows itself in this note. The character matches -- he is trying to be big and mature, but the very content of the note betrays him.

The content of the note is what sells me on its authenticity.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Based on his high IQ

Paul,

LHO was an intelligent guy, which indicates he most likely had a high IQ, but do you have an actual statement from someone that evaluated him? Presumably, he was tested at some time by the Marine Corps, or even in public school. It would be enlightening to know his actual IQ and how he scored in different test areas.

Tom

Interesting. Well, we know that OSWALD was also a notoriously poor speller in English, so we might extrapolate that he was also a poor speller in Russian.

As for "fluency," I'd need to see more details (as I don't read Russian myself). Yet insofar as OSWALD was on his way to commit a felony, one might take that into consideration in the hasty composition of this Russian note to his wife.

Though he had a high IQ, OSWALD was nevertheless immature in many ways -- and I think his immaturity shows itself in this note. The character matches -- he is trying to be big and mature, but the very content of the note betrays him.

The content of the note is what sells me on its authenticity.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I taught English in the Czech Republic for several years.

Czech and Russian are Slavic languages, as is Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, etc.

Unlike English, all Czech words are spelled exactly the way they are pronounced, and vice versa.

I would assume that Russian words are also spelled exactly like they're pronounced and vice versa, making the spelling of Russian words quite straightforward.

So although Oswald was a lousy speller of English words, he might have been a reasonably good speller of Russian words -- if he knew how to pronounce them, and all indications are that he did.

Based on his high IQ

Paul,

LHO was an intelligent guy, which indicates he most likely had a high IQ, but do you have an actual statement from someone that evaluated him? Presumably, he was tested at some time by the Marine Corps, or even in public school. It would be enlightening to know his actual IQ and how he scored in different test areas.

Tom

Well, Tom, I've read that OSWALD scored an IQ of 118 on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, when he was 15 years old, while at a facility called the Youth House, in New York City.

The average score is 100, as most know.

I'd appreciate learning more about the official statistics myself.

Regards,

--Paul

I'm seeing some "circular reasoning" in play here.

We know the note is authentic because Oswald shot at Walker.

We know that Oswald shot at Walker because the note is authentic.

Hmmmmmm.......just hmmmmmmmm......

The note is authentic, IMHO, because its content matches the character of OSWALD as I read him.

The writer of this note is about to do something rash. The note is written in a hasty manner. The writer tries to give the impression of being in charge.

Well, OSWALD always kept the family money on his person. He would dole it out to Marina on a daily basis, if she really needed it, and only as much as she needed.

In this case, he leaves her all his cash -- not very much.

Also, he refers her to the Red Cross. When Lee Harvey OSWALD was in the USSR, he not only got 90 rubles a month for his job at the radio factory in Minsk, but he also got 70 rubles a month from the Red Cross -- almost doubling his monthly salary. Marina was impressed.

This would explain why OSWALD referred Marina to the Red Cross in case he got "arrested". He does not say in the note what he might get arrested for -- and this worried Marina until midnight when he came home, pale and sweating.

The note belongs to OSWALD on internal grounds.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

The note is authentic, IMHO, because its content matches the character of OSWALD as I read him.

The writer of this note is about to do something rash. The note is written in a hasty manner. The writer tries to give the impression of being in charge.

Well, OSWALD always kept the family money on his person. He would dole it out to Marina on a daily basis, if she really needed it, and only as much as she needed.

In this case, he leaves her all his cash -- not very much.

Also, he refers her to the Red Cross. When Lee Harvey OSWALD was in the USSR, he not only got 90 rubles a month for his job at the radio factory in Minsk, but he also got 70 rubles a month from the Red Cross -- almost doubling his monthly salary. Marina was impressed.

This would explain why OSWALD referred Marina to the Red Cross in case he got "arrested". He does not say in the note what he might get arrested for -- and this worried Marina until midnight when he came home, pale and sweating.

The note belongs to OSWALD on internal grounds.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

And, of course, Marina would NEVER discuss any of these things with Ruth while she was staying with her.

Why does everyone seem reluctant to pursue the comparison of the Walker letter with letters Oswald wrote (in Russian) while he was in Russia?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme