The Education Forum

I'm sorry, what? While running away from killing a cop he unloads his revolver?

browsing through H. Weisman's archives - lots of neat stuff. Here's one that makes me go, "I'm sorry, WHAT?!!"

"Officer Tiypit, shot t.ice„ fell to the ground and Oswald turned an."4 ran. Oswald ran across the front yard of 400 E. 10th Street and V22.7.7; un3c,-,dod two shells from the .38 calibre 3 with laich he cad the hi11n. The cmrity shell odes were recovered and were sot, to FIZ Laboratory for tests."

this is what happens when you copy and paste from a pdf of a 50 year old document. :)

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Post%20Mortem%20Appendix%20Pages/Page%20081.pdf

"Officer Tippit, shot twice, fell... Oswald turned and ran across the front yard ... and while running unloaded two shells from the 38 Smith & Wesson he had with which he did the killing. The empty shell cartridges were recovered and sent...", not to the FIZ Laboratory, but the FBI Laboratory, thank GOD, else we'd have NEVER gotten to the bottom of this!!!

Ok, for real - this police report is to be believed, that someone having just shot a policeman will unload a revolver while fleeing? For what reason could anyone possibly do this?

also notable was is Jack Ruby's name at the bottom of this report. interesting...

I know nothing about guns, but I assume the empty shells could possibly be matched to the bullets that killed Tippit. If so, the only reason I can think of for emptying the shells from the gun would be so they wouldn't be found in his gun if he was captured. But unless the shooting was planned, would such a thing really occur to someone in a moment of flight? I guess it might if he was used to shooting a lot of people.

I know nothing about guns, but I assume the empty shells could possibly be matched to the bullets that killed Tippit. If so, the only reason I can think of for emptying the shells from the gun would be so they wouldn't be found in his gun if he was captured. But unless the shooting was planned, would such a thing really occur to someone in a moment of flight? I guess it might if he was used to shooting a lot of people.

How about this reason?:

Lee Oswald needed to dump the shells from his revolver so that he could then re-load the gun with more unfired bullets in case he needs to shoot more cops later on.

Seems reasonable to me.

How about you, Ron? Glenn?

And, of course, this topic about Oswald dumping the shells on the ground (manually!) totally defeats another common conspiracy argument---the one about Officer Tippit being shot with an automatic weapon.

If Tippit was killed with an automatic, can somebody explain to me WHY the empty shells were found up near the corner of 10th & Patton? And two of the shells were actually found by the Davis girls in their SIDE YARD--around the corner! (See Page 266 of Dale Myers' "With Malice".)

Which means that if a gunman had shot Tippit at the place where those shells were found, he would have been shooting right through the Davises' apartment house.

Plus, there is no witness who said the gunman was firing at Tippit from right AT the corner of Tenth & Patton. The gunman was located next to Tippit's police car up the street. So if the gunman had used an automatic, the shells would have been found right there next to the patrol car, not way up the street at the corner.

The only possible way for the conspiracy theorists to have a prayer at being right when it comes to their argument about an automatic gun being used in the Tippit shooting is for those CTers to totally disregard the uniform testimony of multiple witnesses (Barbara Davis, Virginia Davis, and Domingo Benavides), who all said they saw--with their own eyes--the gunman physically dumping bullet shells from the gun just after the shooting.

And all three of those witnesses positively identified the gunman as Lee Harvey Oswald. The two Davis girls IDed Oswald right away, on the weekend of the assassination. Benavides later (in 1967) positively IDed the gunman he saw dumping shells in the bushes as Oswald. So if CTers want to toss aside Benavides' IDing of LHO, that's fine. But they've still got Davis and Davis to try and discredit.

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/murder-of-jd-tippit-part-1.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Did it take four years for Benavides' memory to kick in?

No. Benavides said in his WC testimony that the man he saw shoot Tippit "looked like" and "resembled" Oswald. So he was, in effect, identifying Oswald during his 1964 WC session here. So it seems kind of funny to me that the "Hit Squad" would have had any desire at all to rub out Domingo, because he is essentially saying here that it WAS Oswald. So why the need to rub him out (as so many CTers seem to want to believe)?....

DAVID BELIN -- "You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald?"

DOMINGO BENAVIDES -- "From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald."

Edited by David Von Pein

Did it take four years for Benavides' memory to kick in?

No. Benavides said in his WC testimony that the man he saw shoot Tippit "looked like" and "resembled" Oswald. So he was, in effect, identifying Oswald during his 1964 WC session here. So it seems kind of funny to me that the "Hit Squad" would have had any desire at all to rub out Domingo, because he is essentially saying here that it WAS Oswald. So why the need to rub him out (as so many CTers seem to want to believe)?....

DAVID BELIN -- "You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald?"

DOMINGO BENAVIDES -- "From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald."

Ron, Robert - that's my whole point, in fact. I CANNOT imagine being THAT scared (i have just shot, or have been framed for just shooting, the President, i have (whoever the person running was) just killed a policeman in broad daylight) and being able to think enough, while running full speed, and be dexterous enough to open the cylinder of a revolver and manually pull out two, and only the correct two, shells. That is NOT what would have been on his or anyone's mind in that situation. Revolver using murderers at a normal crime scene don't even leave their shells behind; this didn't happen. amazing.

DVP - I come from a long line of criminal activity, i'm afraid to admit. I know criminals' mindsets. If this "runner" slowed down enough to eject two shells manually from a revolver, he had good reason to, such as knowing he wasn't going to be 1) IDed, 2) arrested and 3) IDed.

How many people think they saw LHO downstairs at the TBSD, etc...? or Lovelady,,, so suddenly these people are trustworthy when the others are not?

It was not LHO if he slowed down to eject those shells. trust me. this story is just effed up enough to give the diehards something to hang on to.

• 2 weeks later...