The Education Forum

Recreation

Maybe the recreations were produced so that the public could be shown (one/either of) those instead of the Z-film? If there are differences between the recreations and the Z-film (which Chris seems to be demonstrating), then the public could be 'duped'? Let's not forget that the Z-film was kept under wraps until when?...1975?

Dear Ian,

If so, wouldn't the bad guys have tried to prevent the people of Dallas and the national media in town from knowing that recreations (plural?) were being filmed?

I don't think they tried to do that, and it would have been impossible to do, anyway.

Do you think the bad guys planned to dupe the whole world by showing fake Zapruder and Nix films which the people of Dallas and the national news media realized were just recreations?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy,

I would suspect that, if people hadn't viewed the Z-film at the time of the recreations, they would have very little idea what any of it meant. I doubt they would have understood the shot timings, vehicle positions etc. I'm not sure even surveyor Robert West really understood what it all meant until Tom Purvis liaised with him.

No doubt it would have been intersting to watch nonetheless.

I'm not sure if anyone planned to use the recreation films to dupe anyone, it was just a supposition as to why they may have been created.

Why do you suppose 2 recreations were carried out?

Tommy,

I would suspect that, if people hadn't viewed the Z-film at the time of the recreations, they would have very little idea what any of it meant. I doubt they would have understood the shot timings, vehicle positions etc. I'm not sure even surveyor Robert West really understood what it all meant until Tom Purvis liaised with him.

I'm not sure if anyone planned to use the recreation films to dupe anyone, it was just a supposition as to why they may have been created.

Didn't the Dallas news media and national news media report at the time that some recreations (plural?) were being made, or was it all super duper "hush-hush"?

Never mind. I just now watched the FBI's reenactment and realized that not only had JFK's late model Lincoln Continental morphed into an older Cadillac, but Jackie had morphed into a man.

http://jfk007.com/tragedy-restaged/

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

Ian,

Didn't the Dallas news media and national news media report at the time that some recreations (plural?) were being made, or was it all super duper "hush-hush"?

Never mind. I just now watched the FBI's reenactment and realized that not only had JFK's late model Lincoln Continental morphed into an older Cadillac, but Jackie had morphed into a man. That might have been a hard sell, even to a naiive, gullible, uninformed public.

http://jfk007.com/tragedy-restaged/

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.filedropper.com/recreationtape

Follow the bouncing 10 inches.

The car's tape mark is supposed to represent a back wound elevation, the coat mark is supposed to represent a top of the head wound elevation.

chris

Please look closely at the ruler being used for this measurement.

Primarily, the inch designations.

chris

One clear benefit of 're-creations' is that you can leave out or alter the things that 'don't work'. for example look at this photo. Where are the boxes that were in the snipers nest that he 'supposedly' rested his rifle on? Whoops, putting them in doesn't allow enough room for a more downward shot. Also, if he had to actually be holding a rifle to his right shoulder, he couldn't be firing far enough to the right. Yes, re-creations are especially beneficial when the facts from real films don't fit the details. And why all the re-creations focusing on shots from the sniper's nest? When did it ever get established that any shots were fired from there?

If you take the "standard carton" box and flip it on end, you are at 18 inches high.

Stack one "rolling reader" box on top and it rises to 26 inches high.

Refer to a previous post about the 26 inch height off the ground.

chris

26" high, that means the top of the box was at the level of the 'top' of the opening. Look at the box he's sitting on. None of those boxes are listed as that size 12" in the short dimension. The bottom of the window is 13" Nothing fits.

Fortunately for us, Tom Alyea shot some early footage of the snipers nest.

The 'standard carton" box is up on it's end.

You can tell by the orientation of the "Books" designation along with the lines that form a 90° angle.

Look back at the Allan Eaglesham attachment for confirmation.

chris

Look at that photo. two boxes high, should be lined up with top of window opening but it obviously is quite a bit below it. Something funny going on here.