The Education Forum

Evidence waiting to be found...?

When ya'll are doing your research in the many various manners with which you do, going through the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of documents that are now available, with more and more continuously becoming available -- and that so many others have likely already gone over -- do any of you find yourself thinking that there is always the possibility of coming across that one overlooked, apparently meaningless item which, when and if paired with just the right other piece of "lonely" evidence somewhere, would bust this whole thing wide open, or at least take everyone in a seriously different direction...?

I mean, the amount of relative material today is just so absolutely enormous -- does anyone think that there still could be something of immense significance waiting to be found? or perhap that someone might still be holding on to something, or some things, of such value?

this almost answers itself - but I'd really like to hear what go through your minds, especially you real professional researchers and writers

i saw where someone 'in here' won an award (from Mary Ferrell's Organization?) for discovering some "new" items - way cool. this tells me that one never know what's under the next stone... (besides the one LBJ crawled out from under)

yes? no...?

Edited by Glenn Nall

When ya'll are doing your research in the many various manners with which you do, going through the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of documents that are now available, with more and more continuously becoming available -- and that so many others have likely already gone over -- do any of you find yourself thinking that there is always the possibility of coming across that one overlooked, apparently meaningless item which, when and if paired with just the right other piece of "lonely" evidence somewhere, would bust this whole thing wide open, or at least take everyone in a seriously different direction...?

Glenn, I don't believe we will find any smoking guns in the remaining files. But what you say is absolutely true. A quick example. Finding the name of the family who administered the Lavenburg Fund which built and maintained Youth House and then finding a member of that family was a neighbor to the Paines on the privately owned holiday retreat of Naushon Island - then finding another member of the same family was the publisher of E Howard Hunt and another was a friend of Leo Cherne whose organization helped bring Oswald home from the SU. This family is not part of the official records insofar as their ties to Youth House are concerned. Two members are mentioned in isolation - the one on Naushon Island and the one who published Hunt. In short, the real jewels are outside - not inside the box. I should add that the Lavenburg fund also built and maintained the migrant accommodation that housed the Rosenbergs during the time Julius worked for the Army Signal Corps. That is an extremely important piece of the puzzle.

There is a smoking gun. It too, is outside the box. It will be revealed in volume three of my book. It will put all speculation to rest as to who at least two of the players were. I mention this only because it is another example of two separate bits of information matching up.

I mean, the amount of relative material today is just so absolutely enormous -- does anyone think that there still could be something of immense significance waiting to be found? or perhap that someone might still be holding on to something, or some things, of such value?

As above. No need to ask "can it be found" or "will it be found". It HAS been found.

this almost answers itself - but I'd really like to hear what go through your minds, especially you real professional researchers and writers

i saw where someone 'in here' won an award (from Mary Ferrell's Organization?) for discovering some "new" items - way cool. this tells me that one never know what's under the next stone... (besides the one LBJ crawled out from under)

yes? no...?

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about - what a piece of real research (detective work)! This kind of thing took looking outside the box, just as you said. Wonder how many people may have seen one of those names in the past and kept right on going... I've seen Naushon Island come up before, have no reason for that to cause a pause.

I'm hoping this thread can bring up many more of these kinds of anecdotes - real excitement coupled with a discussion of evidence. Thanks for bringing that up, Greg.

And thanks for trying to convince me that you've solved the Crime of the Century before anyone else on the planet and yet still think the sales of your book is more important than revealing it to the world. I will mull this one over for at least, i dunno, minutes...

(i realize there could be some merit to your claim - and I do hope to hear something juicy - I'm afraid I doubt its power in the face of a book plug, in all sincerity - hope i'm wrong. if i am, will you still autograph a copy for me?)

Edited by Glenn Nall

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about - what a piece of real research (detective work)! This kind of thing took looking outside the box, just as you said. Wonder how many people may have seen one of those names in the past and kept right on going... I've seen Naushon Island come up before, have no reason for that to cause a pause.

I'm hoping this thread can bring up many more of these kinds of anecdotes - real excitement coupled with a discussion of evidence. Thanks for bringing that up, Greg.

And thanks for trying to convince me that you've solved the Crime of the Century before anyone else on the planet and yet still think the sales of your book is more important than revealing it to the world. I will mull this one over for at least, i dunno, minutes...

(i realize there could be some merit to your claim - and I do hope to hear something juicy - I'm afraid I doubt its power in the face of a book plug, in all sincerity - hope i'm wrong. if i am, will you still autograph a copy for me?)

Glen, it's not about book sales.

For 15 years I put all of my research on these forums, only to see it end up on page 2,049 and have no impact, other than fleeting. Or be stolen and misused in someone else's book. But for the sake of clarity - the exceptions to the theft and/or misuse are Larry Hancock, Jim diEugenio and Joan Mellen.

This is about trying to get the maximum impact. I want the case reopened. I don't want to spend the next 15 years debating the SBT or if the 2nd floor lunch encounter ever really happened, or if Dallas sightings of Oswald were really Larry Crafard.

The other point is, that a lot of the research going into the book is a direct result of writing it in the first place. Without the discipline needed to write, some/most of what I am rolling out, would not have been found otherwise. In short, I have taken my old research and looked for more leads within it and followed those, or strands and alleys leading off those. The process alone has been a revelation...with the actual discoveries a surprising and welcome bonus.

This criticism that I get for with-holding my research for a book is a bit puzzling to me. I know of no other author that has been subjected to similar criticism. I am certainly not planning on being able to retire as a result...

Edited by Greg Parker

i totally respect that, and don't blame you one iota - i was really making a joke out of it, mainly because anytime anyone even legitimately plugs their book (rightfully so) on TV or anywhere, they get a little friendly ribbing for it.

i left the little caveat for that reason - i really do realize there could be some merit to your claim - and if that's the case, I'm excited for you - and i'm sorry people have been snakes; some people are just snakes, and there's no way out of it.

you've been a bit out of line with people in here, too, and i had a bad taste for your approach at first, but i've come to know that you are genuine in your threads. in this thing, that's pretty refreshing.

i can't wait to hear it - this is why i like American Idol - i like rooting for the underdog.

how bout a clue (in a PM???)??? even a really, really, really hard to get one???

;)

just kidding. peace.

This criticism that I get for with-holding my research for a book is a bit puzzling to me. I know of no other author that has been subjected to similar criticism. I am certainly not planning on being able to retire as a result...

I bet it's more common than you think.

i totally respect that, and don't blame you one iota - i was really making a joke out of it, mainly because anytime anyone even legitimately plugs their book (rightfully so) on TV or anywhere, they get a little friendly ribbing for it.

i left the little caveat for that reason - i really do realize there could be some merit to your claim - and if that's the case, I'm excited for you - and i'm sorry people have been snakes; some people are just snakes, and there's no way out of it.

you've been a bit out of line with people in here, too, and i had a bad taste for your approach at first, but i've come to know that you are genuine in your threads. in this thing, that's pretty refreshing.

i can't wait to hear it - this is why i like American Idol - i like rooting for the underdog.

how bout a clue (in a PM???)??? even a really, really, really hard to get one???

;)

just kidding. peace.

Glen, I wasn't trying to plug my book. I was trying to answer your question, without giving away anything that could suffer the fate of past research. If I wanted to plug my book, the link would be in every post

It would look like this

http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Oswalds-Cold-Assassination-Reinvestigated-ebook/dp/B00IXOA5ZK

And I would say completely idiotic things like "whatever you do, do NOT click on this link!" http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Oswalds-Cold-Assassination-Reinvestigated-ebook/dp/B00IXOA5ZK

And furthermore, I would make it all colorful, so there was little chance of you missing it.

Kind of like this

Whatever you do, do NOT click on this link! http://www.amazon.com/Harvey-Oswalds-Cold-Assassination-Reinvestigated-ebook/dp/B00IXOA5ZK

And maybe throw in a few emoticons while I'm at it... :afro:sun:plane

---------------------------------------

What I'm referring to was exactly what you described. Finding a benign piece of info and having that ring a bell about another piece of meaningless info. Even put together, the two bits of info mean diddly-squat -- EXCEPT in the context of the assassination. Then boom goes the dynamite. Game, set, match.

Good idea Greg: Do not click on Lee Oswald's Cold War

because Lee knew NOTHING about the assassination.

Greg - i know you weren't. I was just ribbing you in good nature.

just out of curiosity, have you read Bartholomew's piece on the UT Rambler? I haven't gotten to the very end yet, but I'm finding all of those personalities connected fascinating.