The Education Forum

Does anyone know what happened to the "other" 40" rifles

According the the records, there were 860 rifles still at Harborside and up to 99 rifles at Klein's on 11/22 for which he have no information..

Or do we?

Waldman tells us he removed the "remaining inventory" of the Oswald rifle that weekend due to the gruesomeness of selling these at all... which I find very hard to believe a gun dealer would not take advantage of the "weapon type" as a collector's item and sell them at a premium...

But they simply seem to vanish by the 26th of Nov... does anyone know what happened to these and the Harborside inventory?

------------

Has Anyone EVER come forward claiming to have purchased a C20-T750 yet was shipped "the same rifle Oswald used" PRIOR to the Hidell shipment? - the rifle was advertised from Feb 62 thru Feb 63.

Has any one of these Serial #'d MC rifles ever been found? The WCR records only offer info on these 100 rifles.. Has anyone ever seen a "blank order" for any one of these rifles with corresponding serial #'s?

It is my theory that the FBI took Feldsott's 10 packing slips and created these two pages. So far, the only thing we've seen to corroborate that this page is "original" is the Hidell Order Blank.

Does seem strange to me that the serial #'s are all written on what looks like a blanked out background, while everywhere else on the 'copy' we see the black dots of the lined paper.

vc%20and%20seriel%20numbers%20from%20wal

A bigger clearer verson of a page shows what I mean... Would it be that hard to see these VC=Serial # sheets for ANY OTHER GROUP OF RIFLES?

It would seem that any and all documentation which was available and would confirm the FBI story of replacing the scoped TS rifle with an FC... was never sought.

Waldman%204%20page%201%20-%20VC%20number

That may too much of a blanket statement for me to make, yet I do believe the FBI/Klein's chose Waldman for his cooperation skills rather than his knowledge of the business.

I believe him when he says it was Westra and others who were responsible for the order

Mr. BELIN. And that is who?
Mr. WALDMAN. Mitchell W. Westra.

Mr. BELIN. At that time was he an employee of your company?
Mr. WALDMAN. He was.
Mr. BELIN. Was he under your jurisdiction and supervision?
Mr. WALDMAN. He was not under my direct supervision, no. He was under the supervision of Sam Kasper

----

Mr. WALDMAN. He is the vice president of our company.
Mr. BELIN. He is the other vice president of the company?
Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

If Kasper is the VP of let's say OPERATIONS... one wonders what Waldman was VP of... that he would not be involved with shipping or inventory? And who was the President and/or Owner of Klein's? I can't seem to find any detailed info on "Klein's" the business.

He makes a jumble of the 10 packing slips which he claims were sent as memos instead of with the Feb 22 shipment as Rupp states his procedures are... Waldman 3, per WCD881 p10, was provided on March 12, 1964 by Waldman.

Yet, what makes this even more suspect is that FELDSOTT is credited with supplying these same 10 slips on Nov 22 -

WCD 790 p3... while the report itself connects these 10 slips to this Feb Order it fails to mention that the only documents Feldsott offered - as mentioned in his affidavit were related to a JUNE 1962 shipment. http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh11/html/WC_Vol11_0108a.htm

And finally is the greatest contradiction of them all related to Waldman - the Microfilm.

He repeated claims that he gave the film to FBI SA DOLAN and got a receipt... of course we don't have the receipt and in fact what we do have is anotehr FBIreport under DOLAN's name whcih states that Waldman KEEPS THE FILM IN HIS SAFE to be subpoenaed if need be...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10408#relPageId=195&tab=page is the link to page 2 of the first report with DOLAN and 2 other FBI SAs... the page prior is the beginning of this doc while the following page is the DOLAN REWRITE of this memo...

Here they are side by side - this is primae facia evidence that the FBI created reports that said what they needed them to as well as creating other reports after the fact and back dating them as needed. The report with the taking of the film only has DOLAN, with TOEDT & MAHAN not listed.

WCD7%20p187%20and%20189%20the%20same%20r

Edited by David Josephs

Really nice Dave.

More evidence of FBI alteration.

Look forward to seeing your essay. Soon.

It will be in two parts right, the rifle and then the handgun?

According the the records, there were 860 rifles still at Harborside and up to 99 rifles at Klein's on 11/22 for which he have no information..

Or do we?

Waldman tells us he removed the "remaining inventory" of the Oswald rifle that weekend due to the gruesomeness of selling these at all... which I find very hard to believe a gun dealer would not take advantage of the "weapon type" as a collector's item and sell them at a premium...

But they simply seem to vanish by the 26th of Nov... does anyone know what happened to these and the Harborside inventory?

------------

Has Anyone EVER come forward claiming to have purchased a C20-T750 yet was shipped "the same rifle Oswald used" PRIOR to the Hidell shipment? - the rifle was advertised from Feb 62 thru Feb 63.

Has any one of these Serial #'d MC rifles ever been found? The WCR records only offer info on these 100 rifles.. Has anyone ever seen a "blank order" for any one of these rifles with corresponding serial #'s?

It is my theory that the FBI took Feldsott's 10 packing slips and created these two pages. So far, the only thing we've seen to corroborate that this page is "original" is the Hidell Order Blank.

Does seem strange to me that the serial #'s are all written on what looks like a blanked out background, while everywhere else on the 'copy' we see the black dots of the lined paper.

vc%20and%20seriel%20numbers%20from%20wal

A bigger clearer verson of a page shows what I mean... Would it be that hard to see these VC=Serial # sheets for ANY OTHER GROUP OF RIFLES?

It would seem that any and all documentation which was available and would confirm the FBI story of replacing the scoped TS rifle with an FC... was never sought.

Waldman%204%20page%201%20-%20VC%20number

Certainly look as though the original writing has been blanked out under the hand written numbers. Good spot,David.