The Education Forum

More proof that Lee and Harvey knew different groups of Marines

So here is the detailed Landes USMC medical record.: http://maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?...eId=1&tab=page

Thanks Tom... With so many WC Docs I appreciate being led to different ones with specific info buried under anonymous headings...

One of the things that most bother me about the USMC records is the conflict between "Aircraft Control and Warning Operator" school (Radar operator) and the recommendation as well as preference of duty in his records as a "Aircraft Maintenance and Repair"...

With as poor hearing as he had, I fail to see how he gets into a Air Traffic Control. Felde tells us that his Oswald did not go to Biloxi but was in Florida thru July when they go to "Aviation Electronics School" in Memphis TN which as I understand it would be for Aircraft Maintenance nad Repair, not Air traffic controller...

http://www.marines.com/being-a-marine/roles-in-the-corps/aviation-combat-element/avionics

Marines in the Avionics field install, remove, inspect, test, maintain and repair all aviation weapons and electrical systems. They also support communications, radar and navigation systems.

http://maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10535&search=landes#relPageId=2&tab=page

On the next page in that WCD with the Landes info WCD131, we are told yet another little white lie by the FBI who, when necessary, couldn't find their a$$ with two hands and a flashlight...

"The records fail to name any personnel assigned or attending above school with Oswald"

When in reality the records could not be more clear... and later on, Powers produces the orders for these six men at his testimony..

Mr. POWERS. I have the travel orders, and if you want them-----

Mr. JENNER. Fine. If you have anything from which you may refresh your recollection so that we can have the exact date, I appreciate it.

Mr. POWERS. This would be, 2 May 1957 is on the date of these orders.

Mr. POWERS. Yes.

"Effective 3 May 1957, the below listed marines are directed to report to the 3380th Technical Training Group, 3383d Student Squadron, Block 21, Building 17, Shipping and Receiving Section, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, Miss., for duty under instruction, USNAC&W Operators Course No. AB27037, Class 08057, for a period of about 6 weeks. Upon arrival thereat, they will report to the Commanding Officer for duty."

And then it lists six marines with Lee H. Oswald as one of these marines.

Mr. POWERS. (1Pfc. Edward J. Bandoni.) 551427. Pfc. James N. Brereton, 1644586; Pfc. Donald P. Camarata, 1632342.

Mr. JENNER. Excuse me. Would you check that number again as against mine? I had 1653230, am I in error?

Mr. POWERS. You're in error, sir. It's 1632342. The next name that appears is Lee H. Oswald, private, first class, 1653230. And the next name is my name, Powers, Daniel P., 1497089. And the next name that appears is Schrand, Martin E., private, first class, 1639694

Mr. POWERS. Up to--you could say that's true to a certain extent. We did attend school there. Then from Mississippi we were assigned orders to go overseas, and report to El Toro, Calif. Here, while we were at Mississippi, it was parallel. We attended the same classes, and in the same particular group as far as the initial starting of training and graduation, if you would like to call it that.

Mr. JENNER Yes.

Mr. POWERS. And then once we got to California, they changed somewhat because some of the people reported in early to California and some of them reported later, so this getting into an overseas draft meant that some were leaving out of California earlier than others, of course, which would mean their assignments as far as orders, were different.

I would say that four of the names mentioned previously, Camarata, Oswald, Powers, and Schrand, went to the Far East; Bandoni and Brereton, I'm not sure where they went. I think they went to the east coast, as I recall

Mr. JENNER. Did he ever express any sympathy toward the Communist Party?

Mr. POWERS. None that I recall.

Mr. JENNER. Toward Communist principles?

Mr. POWERS. None that I recall.

Mr. JENNER. Or Marxist doctrines?

Mr. POWERS. None that I recall; no, sir.

HARVEY was said to be spouting off on Communism and Marxism a great deal of the time... This is NOT Harvey Mr. Powers here is talking about... but LEE and helps to illustrate the existence of these two separate men. The list of men HARVEY is known to is completely different and NEVER includes these other 5 names....

Have at it boys

WCD131%20p2%20says%20no%20record%20of%20

HARVEY was said to be spouting off on Communism and Marxism a great deal of the time... This is NOT Harvey Mr. Powers here is talking about... but LEE and helps to illustrate the existence of these two separate men. The list of men HARVEY is known to is completely different and NEVER includes these other 5 names....

Where is your evidence that Oswald was "spouting off on communism and Marxism a great deal of the time" prior to returning from SEA?

Where is your evidence that Oswald was "spouting off on communism and Marxism a great deal of the time" prior to returning from SEA?

Are you having some problems finding your evidence, David?

No Greg, I'm ignoring your incredibly stupid question. If you don't know the subject matter, find something else to do...

Now go back to your childish life whining and pouting over H&L.

Your confusion and ineptitude here has become legendary... Great when the subject of the joke is too self absorbed to notice everyone is laughing at you...

No Greg, I'm ignoring your incredibly stupid question. If you don't know the subject matter, find something else to do...

Now go back to your childish life whining and pouting over H&L.

Your confusion and ineptitude here has become legendary... Great when the subject of the joke is too self absorbed to notice everyone is laughing at you...

Translation: "I have no evidence whatsoever to back up my assertion that Oswald was "spouting off on communism and Marxism a great deal of the time" prior to returning from SEA.

This thread drives me crazy.

There are two experts here. They attack one another.

I ask for the arguments. Arguments.

Jon, it is an expectation that posters can back up anything they claim is a fact with actual citations. I ask for citations, and I get attacked.

What does that say to you?

The problem for David is that there is no evidence supporting his claim, pure and simple.

Sigh... There's nothing but the evidence.

Look at the first post and see whathe response has been. Powers is with Lee. A different group is with Harvey at the same time...

The records are right there. If Greg does not know what was said of Harvey and his mouth and the topic of conversation... He needs to read the book... Or search the topic here...

Is he that incapable of using the search function.. If how he addresses my posts and evidence convinces you

so be it.

The usual gobbledygook.

There is not one scrap of testimony or evidence stating that Oswald was "spouting off on communism and Marxism a great deal of the time" prior to returning from SEA.

If you had any evidence, you would be gleefully posting it.

And if you knew how ridiculous you repeatedly sound not knowing the most basic of info related to these discussions

you'd simply leave... and the rest of us would be "gleeful"... :up

The thread is not about Harvey spouting off Communism but the conflict presented by the DoD records and those who were with Harvey in Taiwan... look at post #1 if you've forgotten already, mate.

(edit: My bad - this thread is more about who was where earlier in the term... but the same concepts apply)

But you keep finding the stuff you CAN address to derail to the discussion and leave the tough stuff for others....

you simply don't have the chops old man... are you saying that YOU couldn't find evidence of Oswald talking about Communism and Marxism in the Marines ...
while a whole group of other USMC buddies state he never spoke political at all?

And you call yourself a researcher? Pathetic, mate.

How can anyone expect to believe you about anything when you can't even make an effort to look for yourself and the sources you do offer are patently pathetic in their own right.

Well done Greg... well done. :up

Edited by David Josephs

Didn't one of "Harvey's" fellow marines refer to him as "Oswaldkovich"?

I subscribe to your H&L argument DJ, but tell me, what do you think happened to Lee?

I imagine he lived for only a short time after 11-22-63. (And yes I'm aware of the post-assassination "Oswald" sightings in Dallas, including the Redbird Airport story.)

Didn't one of "Harvey's" fellow marines refer to him as "Oswaldkovich"?

I subscribe to your H&L argument DJ, but tell me, what do you think happened to Lee?

I imagine he lived for only a short time after 11-22-63. (And yes I'm aware of the post-assassination "Oswald" sightings in Dallas, including the Redbird Airport story.)

Appreciated Jon... the funny thing is it's the WCR and HSCA argument for H&L, all we are doing is showing one of many things which was covered up... and taking that extra step that so many others have done in so many other areas of the case.

As for Lee... Another great mystery Jon.... The Donald Norton stories come to mind for Lee must have changed his name after 11/22... or as you say, he like so many others met an early and unplanned demise.

Almost as good a question as who Harvey was...