The Education Forum

New Book!

Ernie,

There are inherent weaknesses in a purely empirical methodology.  The data is potentially infinite.

Analysis alone is insufficient.  A strategy to organize the manifold of data is also mandatory, and that organisation relies on apriori principles and a non: empirical table of categories (Kant, 1775).

But, please, let's get back to the topic of this thread -- the new book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Apparently, you fail to understand the dialectical meaning of methodology. 

I'll give you a clue.  The dialectical methodology of Hegel, for example, begins with a thesis (a premise) and proceeds to an antithesis (a counter-premise) and then proceeds to a synthesis (a conclusion).  Upon this method a person could construct an entire Encyclopedia -- which is just what Hegel did. 

It's a matter of understanding the dialectical power of a syllogism.  I suppose you missed that class.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I see Paul's problem, he thinks he can carry on a dialectical inquiry by himself, in a bubble. That explains a lot.

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

There are inherent weaknesses in a purely empirical methodology.  The data is potentially infinite.

Analysis alone is insufficient.  A strategy to organize the manifold of data is also mandatory, and that organisation relies on apriori principles and a non: empirical table of categories (Kant, 1775).

But, please, let's get back to the topic of this thread -- the new book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,

Paul Trejo

Please list "the inherent weaknesses in a purely empirical methodology" -- Empirical being defined as:  "Relying upon or derived from observation or experiment. Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment."

Please answer in the context of the question which I posed concerning whether or not Edwin Walker was in southern California in September 1963 and attended a meeting of JBS members.  

How can ANYBODY arrive at a factual and true answer if one does NOT rely upon evidence which is "verifiable or provable by means of observation"??  

In other words, if NOBODY ever saw Walker in southern California in September 1963 (and can prove it), and NOBODY can find ANY documentary evidence to confirm Walker was in southern California and NOBODY who supposedly attended that meeting can provide verifiable details about its existence and its content -- THEN WHAT OTHER METHOD COULD DO SO?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

And, to be sure, a dialectic inquiry is the opposite of a debate. Paul is by no means engaged in a dialectic. He would be hard pressed to claim he is even engaged in a debate. He is presenting his dogma, demonstrating zealotry.

My BA carries a minor in philosophy. I had to brush-up on this, thanks to Mr. Trejo, but it comes back quickly. 

Ernie,

Harry Dean saw it.  Guy Gabaldon saw it, but supported Walker, so he never talked

David Robbins once admitted to me that General Walker would address the local JBS in SoCal, and that he was the booking Secretary...but when I mentioned Harry Dean, he suddenly denied everything.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

4 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Harry Dean saw it.  Guy Gabaldon saw it, but supported Walker, so he never talked

David Robbins once admitted to me that General Walker would address the local JBS in SoCal, and that he was the booking Secretary...but when I mentioned Harry Dean, he suddenly denied everything.

Regards

--Paul Trejo

So, in other words, no factual evidence which can be verified despite the fact that Gen. Walker was a well-known figure within the extreme right generally and the JBS in particular.

Assertions made by one person which cannot be verified through contemporaneous documentary, photographic, audio or other evidence are NOT credible.

Incidentally, your comment re: Guy Galbadon is out-of-character.  He allegedly blabbed about the murder plot to Harry Dean whom he barely knew at the supposed time he told Harry so it seems exceptionally strange that "he never talked".  

Beyond that, there is the further contradiction which nobody ever addresses - namely: in the history of the extreme right movement in our country, the 1960's was arguably their most productive period in time. Willis Carto and other sources published "directories" of right-wing organizations which existed in the first half of that decade and most of the listees were created in the 5-year period from 1959 thru 1964 and the number of NEW groups (albeit many of them paper-only organizations) was in the THOUSANDS.  But most of those thousands of groups left a paper trail of some kind.  A lot of them can be seen in the listings which appear in the Guide to the 177 microfilm reels of the "Right Wing Collection of the University of Iowa".

A huge percentage of those groups were created or existed in southern California.  It defies credulity that with so many groups and so many active right-wing zealots roaming around that nobody ever heard about or mentioned that a prominent national figure such as Walker was in their territory.  

I can find newspaper coverage about Walker being in the smallest Mississippi or Louisiana hamlet but nobody can find a single mention of Walker being in the second largest metropolitan area of our country AND nobody can find a single mention of Walker being in southern California in any archives of private papers which were donated to one of our colleges, universities, state historical societies, or any other institution or, for that matter, not even a mention of him being in California in Walker's own personal papers at the University of Texas! 

We have contemporaneous documentary evidence of all kinds which reveals that assassination of JFK was discussed by many different people and during meetings of many different organizations (including FBI documents re: Constitution Party, Congress of Freedom, Council For Statehood, National States Rights Party, KKK, Willie Somersett, Joseph Milteer, and numerous others) but, somehow, we are expected to believe that Walker could show up in southern California and nobody even recognized or commented upon his presence?  I know this absence of evidence appeals to Paul Trejo (and like-minded souls) but it strains credulity to the max for everybody else.

For those who might be interested, the following items were uploaded into my Internet Archive webpage during July and August:

Guide To Right Wing Collection Univ Of Iowa

Aug 8, 2017 

Annotated Archives 2017

Aug 8, 2017 

Robert Welch-- The Neutralizers

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Catalog of Publications-2012

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Newsletter "Tactics" - May 2003

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Newsletter "Tactics" - June 2003

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Newsletter, "Tactics" - June 2002

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Internal Dispute--Wayne Rickert Letter

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Internal Dispute--Tom Gow letter November 1998

July 18, 2017

Alan Scholl Letter-October 2005 re Birch Society CEO G. Vance Smith

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society National Council Request for CEO Resignation

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Corporate Officers--1992

July 18, 2017

Jewish Society Of Americanists Papers

July 18, 2017

John Birch Society Cash Flow--2005

July 18, 2017

JBS Non Disclosure Agreement--1999

July 18, 2017

Kahane, Meir D. Los Angeles--2

July 15, 2017

Kahane, Meir D. Los Angeles--1

July 15, 2017 

Kahane, Meir D. HQ--5

July 15, 2017

Kahane, Meir D. HQ--4

July 15, 2017

Kahane, Meir D. HQ--3

July 15, 2017

Kahane, Meir D. HQ--2

July 15, 2017 

Kahane, Meir D. HQ--1

July 15, 2017 

Hubbard, L. Ron HQ--2

July 14, 2017

Hubbard, L. Ron HQ--1

July 14, 2017

Forster, Arnold HQ--1

July 14, 2017

Christian Anti Defamation League Detroit--1

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League NYC--2

July 14, 2017 

Anti Defamation League Los Angeles--1

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--7

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--6

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--5

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--4

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--3

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League HQ main--2

July 14, 2017 

Anti Defamation League HQ main--1

July 14, 2017

Anti Defamation League Boston--1

July 14, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--9

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--8

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--7

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--6

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--5

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--4

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--3

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--2

July 13, 2017

Hoover Official And Confidential Files HQ--1

July 13, 2017

Security Clearance Guidelines

July 13, 2017 

1954 Preliminary Report On Neo Fascist Hate Groups By HUAC, 40pp

July 2, 2017

Ernie,

You persist in wandering off the topic of this thread, which, I remind you again, is the new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Assassination of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

4 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

You persist in wandering off the topic of this thread, which, I remind you again, is the new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Assassination of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

That's right Paul--- PRETEND (yet again) that every time you present FALSE INFORMATION, nobody should discuss it.

Here is another question for you -- about Caufield's book:

Tell us, as precisely as you can, how you went about verifying everything presented by Caufield?   In other words:  please LIST all of the research you have done into each chapter's statements and assertions AND please list ALL of the people whom you have interviewed who have pertinent direct personal knowledge which corroborates what Caufield presents.

How many factual errors have you discovered in Caufield's book?   Are you prepared to present us with a summary of those errors?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

I have always limited myself to mentioning that there are at least 13 different JFK conspiracy theories but I recently discovered a website whose owner (David Von Pein) lists 57 CT's -- shown below.  

As I have stated before, an interested (and neutral observer) could spend their ENTIRE adult lifetime attempting to refute just ONE conspiracy theory and never be successful at convincing the author(s) or adherents of any specific theory that they were entirely wrong.

POSTSCRIPT:  Von Pein's website http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/ contains a HUGE amount of material -- including hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of messages from readers who debate all sorts of matters.  Contributors include Trejo and Jim DiEugenio.

However, interestingly, when I did a search for "Harry Dean" -- not even ONE "hit" was produced.  That should give everyone an idea about how irrelevant Harry's "recollections" are -- even within JFK-conspiracy circles!!

57 JFK Conspiracy Theories .... And Every One Of Them Wrong:

1. "Badge Man".
2. "Black Dog Man".
3. "The Umbrella Man".
4. The Sewer Assassin.
5. The Dal-Tex Shooter(s).
6. The West-End TSBD Assassin.
7. Oswald Was A "Patsy".
8. The Single-Bullet Theory Is An LNer's Wet Dream.
9. Puffs Of Smoke On The Knoll Prove Conspiracy.
10. Oswald Didn't Kill Police Officer J.D. Tippit.
11. Ruby Killed Oswald As Part Of A Conspiracy.
12. Conspirators "Allowed" Ruby To Enter The DPD Basement In Order To
Kill Oswald On Live TV. (LOL!)
13. The Zapruder Film Is A Fake. (Additional LOL required here.)
14. Vast Numbers Of Dallas Police Officials Were "In" On The
Conspiracy.
15. Ruby Planted Bullet CE399 At Parkland.
16. Ruby Knew Oswald.
17. Tippit Knew Oswald.
18. James Files Killed JFK.
19. Secret Service Agent Hickey Killed JFK.
20. Limo Driver Greer Killed JFK.
21. Acoustics Evidence Proves A Conspiracy Existed In Dealey Plaza.
22. Oswald's Rifle Was Planted In The TSBD.
23. The Three Bullet Shells Were Planted In The TSBD.
24. The Empty Paper Bag Was Planted In The TSBD.
25. Tippit Was "Assigned" To "Rub Out" Oswald Before He Could Talk.
26. Marrion Baker Was "Assigned" To "Rub Out" Oswald Before He Could
Talk.
27. Michael Paine Was A Conspirator.
28. George DeMohrenschildt Was A Conspirator.
29. Santos Trafficante Was A Conspirator.
30. Carlos Marcello Was A Conspirator.
31. Clay Shaw Was A Conspirator.
32. David Ferrie Was A Conspirator.
33. Guy Bannister Was A Conspirator.
34. John Connally Conveniently "Arranged" For The Motorcade To Pass By
The TSBD.
35. All Three Autopsy Doctors Are Liars and "Faked" The Official
Autopsy Report.
36. Gerald Ford "Conveniently" Moved JFK's Back Wound.
37. The Warren Commission Was Comprised Of Only Evil People Who Wanted
Nothing Better Than To "Cover-Up" Any Signs Of Conspiracy At All Costs.
38. Ruth Paine Was An Evil Conspirator.
39. The Oswald "Imposters".
40. The Backyard Photos Are Fakes.
41. The Autopsy Photos Of JFK Are Fakes.
42. The Autopsy X-Rays Of JFK Are Fakes.
43. All Of The "Oswald Bullet Evidence" In The Limo Was Planted.
44. Oswald's Palmprint Was Lifted Off Him In The Morgue.
45. Howard Brennan Is A xxxx.
46. Oswald Worked For The CIA.
47. Oswald Never Went To Mexico City.
48. All The Witnesses At The Tippit Murder Scene Are Wrong Or Liars.
49. The Tippit Bullet Shells Are Fakes/Planted.
50. LBJ Killed Kennedy.
51. The Mob Killed Kennedy.
52. The FBI Killed Kennedy.
53. The Military Industrial Complex Killed Kennedy.
54. The CIA Killed Kennedy.
55. Castro Killed Kennedy.
56. Khrushchev Killed Kennedy.
57. And A Biggie For The Finish ---> JOHN F. KENNEDY'S WOUNDS WERE
MYSTERIOUSLY ALTERED SOMEHOW BETWEEN PARKLAND AND BETHESDA.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

11 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

POSTSCRIPT:  Von Pein's website http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/ contains a HUGE amount of material -- including hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of messages from readers who debate all sorts of matters.  Contributors include Trejo and Jim DiEugenio.

Buried in there somewhere was a "brag board" where he and like-minded-trolls would post and gloat over their forum "victories" (not just this forum). I'm not sure if that still exists but I may have screen caps from long ago. The whole thing seems kind of "weasel-like" to me.

19 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

However, interestingly, when I did a search for "Harry Dean" -- not even ONE "hit" was produced.

interesting that if you search for "Paul Trejo and Caulfield" you will get this (which mentions you, Ernie):

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?14617-LETTER-OF-INTEREST-to#.WYohj4qQxoM

5 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Buried in there somewhere was a "brag board" where he and like-minded-trolls would post and gloat over their forum "victories" (not just this forum). I'm not sure if that still exists but I may have screen caps from long ago. The whole thing seems kind of "weasel-like" to me.

Yup, he still does that. He should, as a courtesy, inform members when he does that.

Trejo thinks DVP is a genius.

Edited by Michael Clark

3 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

interesting that if you search for "Paul Trejo and Caulfield" you will get this (which mentions you, Ernie):

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?14617-LETTER-OF-INTEREST-to#.WYohj4qQxoM

Ya-- I posted that message here in EF a short time ago.  I'm still trying to figure out how any sane person could claim that I am an "ally" of Paul Trejo??  LOL