The Education Forum

New Book!

30 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

NARA releases another 676 JFK documents mostly never-previously-released CIA docs:

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

In my opinion, we will find not one, single CIA document to be useful in solving the JFK assassination -- since they tended to be looking only to the International field.

Since I claim that the JFK assassination was a Domestic Plot, I maintain that mainly the FBI documents released by NARA this year will solve the JFK assassination. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

In my opinion, we will find not one, single CIA document to be useful in solving the JFK assassination -- since they tended to be looking only to the International field.

Since I claim that the JFK assassination was a Domestic Plot, I maintain that mainly the FBI documents released by NARA this year will solve the JFK assassination. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Impress us with your knowledge.   How many FBI docs remain to be released?

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I agree Paul.  The CIA was basically in charge of the whole event.  They control the documents.  They've had 54 years to arrange the documents to show what they want them to show.  I doubt they will ever release a document saying:  " JFK----CIA releases documents to prove that they did it.".  Even if they let a tidbit out, such as 'well GHWB really was on the ground in Dallas that day, but he doesn't remember what it was all about,  claims he never worked for the CIA and, of course, we, the CIA certainly never knew he was  on our payroll. None of our dozens of agents that were there on the ground that day remember seeing George".    Naw, somehow, I don't think they're ever going to tell the truth.  

3 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

I agree Paul.  The CIA was basically in charge of the whole event.  They control the documents.  They've had 54 years to arrange the documents to show what they want them to show.  I doubt they will ever release a document saying:  " JFK----CIA releases documents to prove that they did it.".  Even if they let a tidbit out, such as 'well GHWB really was on the ground in Dallas that day, but he doesn't remember what it was all about,  claims he never worked for the CIA and, of course, we, the CIA certainly never knew he was  on our payroll. None of our dozens of agents that were there on the ground that day remember seeing George".    Naw, somehow, I don't think they're ever going to tell the truth.  

Lol! Paul Trejo believes that the CIA took an extended lunch on 11-22-63 ( what the heck, it’s Friday, right)  and were therefore off the clock, and not responsible.

Edited by Michael Clark

Much is being made about one document released today by NARA which is a lengthy FBI report regarding Martin Luther King Jr.

See, for example, this CNN report:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/martin-luther-king-document-in-jfk-files/index.html

However, there is nothing new in this newly released FBI document re: MLK Jr. except, perhaps, that the names of some individuals are not redacted.  In previous years, some of their names were redacted because they were still living.  Even then, because of the context of comments made it was possible to correctly surmise their identities (such as Stanley Levison and Hunter Pitts O'Dell.)

Most of this information was previously released in the FBI HQ main files captioned:

"Communist Infiltration of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference"
HQ 100-438794  and New York City 100-149194

"Martin Luther King Jr."
HQ 100-106690

"Communist Influence in Racial Matters"
HQ 100-442509

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Looks like all FBI records (HQ and field office files) pertaining to JFK's assassination are now being transferred to NARA:

NEW National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Records - Record Group 65 - Master Location Registry - October 2017 <http://www.governmentattic.org/25docs/NARA-FBIrg65MLR_2017.pdf>  - [PDF 444 KB 06-Nov-2017]

The practical meaning of this is as follows:

(1)  NARA currently charges 80 cents per page for either a paper photocopy of a document or for scanned PDF documents (onto a DVD). 

Which means that virtually nobody will be able to afford to obtain medium-size or large-size FBI or CIA or any other files.  Example: a 1000 page file will cost $800 from NARA -- whereas the same file from the FBI would cost $15 or $20 for pdf files scanned onto a CD or DVD OR cost $90 for paper copies (first 100 pages free).  NARA does not provide any free pages.

(2)  Typically, it takes NARA 1 year to process a small request (under 500 pages) and 2-3 years for larger requests (over 500 to 1000 pages).

EXAMPLE:  When the FBI's HQ file on the JBS (12,000 pages) is sent to NARA, it would cost $9600 to obtain it from NARA.

In effect:  The entire purpose of the FOIA has now been subverted.  It is not hyperbole to state that the FOIA is essentially dead.  Historians, political scientists, journalists, students and other interested parties will now no longer have access to millions of pages of our history.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, Kenneth Drew said:

Kenneth,

I don't know if you missed my point -- probably you understood me and are being sarcastic when you say you agree with me.

My point was as follows:

(1) The JFK Records Act will actually reveal all of the US Government documents related to the JFK assassination -- from the CIA as well as from every other branch of the US Government.

(2) I feel confident about this, because the order to release the documents came from a US President (GHW Bush) in 1992.

(3) I also feel confident that the CIA was clueless about the JFK assassination.   THAT is why the JFK Records Act will reveal no CIA connection to the JFK assassination.

(4) The CIA had and has the task of monitoring the entire international arena of US relations, and that was their focus and obsession in 1963.  In that year, Cuba and the USSR were their main focus.  If there was any hint of a Cuba/USSR participation in the JFK assassination, the CIA would have known about it.

(5) However, the CIA was not watching the Domestic USA with regard to anything.  That has always been the job of the FBI.

(6) In conclusion, we will soon learn about all the facts regarding the JFK assassination from FBI records that are released as a result of the JFK Records Act.   If not today, then soon -- very soon.  The record release has begun.  It's only a matter of time now.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul - seriously dude, this post is insane.

1 - the JFK records act has already failed. Your faith is misplaced. 

2. the CIA wasn't supposed to be monitoring or operating within the US, but they surely did.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul - seriously dude, this post is insane.

1 - the JFK records act has already failed. Your faith is misplaced. 

2. the CIA wasn't supposed to be monitoring or operating within the US, but they surely did.

It fits his "everything is fine" attitude. If a host of CIA agents conspired to kill JFK it's "because they were rogue", and the CIA bears no culpability. According to Paul, there was no Coup De ta because we had a Vice President who succeeded, even if there was a cover-up. He blames some cowboys who went un-noticed, except by Himself, so he is a genius and everyone else is a fool. It's a deep look into his mentality. The up-side is that, if he is being honest (albeit foolish) it is due to denial; and that denial is fueled by the reality of consequences of the false governance we have been living under and it's implications for the future. It's difficult to accept and I have seen  intelligent people have a brush with that reality  and they immediately fall back on the WC fable because it is much easier to accept.

An analogy is the idea of barriers to entry into a market in the business world. The barrier to accepting the coup and conspiracy is the fact that you have to accept that you are no longer free, and that you have been living a lie. It is very difficult to accept when it hits you all at once. One is either living a lie or selling the lie.

Edited by Michael Clark

3 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

I don't know if you missed my point -- probably you understood me and are being sarcastic when you say you agree with me.

Paul, no I wouldn't try to be sarcastic with you, but, in general,  There are many areas about the assassination that we are in agreement on.  I realize you associate the JBS with it and that is not excluded in my list of possibilities.   Pardon me if I misstated something you've said or believe, but I hadn't read anything on this site for about a year because it was just spinning wheels.  I started reading again lately because of the expected release of documents, even though I don't expect (as I said) to learn anything from the CIA.  Reading what you say just above, it seems as if you don't think so either, but because you don't think they were involved,  which contradicts greatly with my beliefs that it was almost exclusively run by the CIA.  I can think of no other reason for there to be so many CIA agents in Dallas that day with a heavy concentration in and around Dealey Plaza.  I certainly expect that the 54 years they've had to purge all records that indicate their involvement has been well used.  I've certainly, over the years, heard all the theories and while I'm positive  it was murder by the CIA-FBI-LBJ coalition, I have no way to absolutely prove it any more than anyone can disprove it.  Everyone that lays out a scenario usually has about 90% of the angles covered, but almost all fail to wrap up that last 5-10%.  For example,  most indications are there were likely 4 shots heard/recorded, but since there was very likely 6-8 shooters, why didn't the others shoot?  Or did they and it just wasn't picked up in the background noise.  So when I said we were in agreement,  I meant the methods, not necessarily exactly who each and every player was.    It sure gave a lot of people an opportunity to jump.     I certainly respect your opinion and your work, though as I said, it's been a while since I've caught up.   

16 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

Paul, no I wouldn't try to be sarcastic with you, but, in general,  There are many areas about the assassination that we are in agreement on.  I realize you associate the JBS with it and that is not excluded in my list of possibilities.   Pardon me if I misstated something you've said or believe, but I hadn't read anything on this site for about a year because it was just spinning wheels. 

I started reading again lately because of the expected release of documents, even though I don't expect (as I said) to learn anything from the CIA. 

Reading what you say just above, it seems as if you don't think so either, but because you don't think they were involved,  which contradicts greatly with my beliefs that it was almost exclusively run by the CIA.  I can think of no other reason for there to be so many CIA agents in Dallas that day with a heavy concentration in and around Dealey Plaza. 

I certainly expect that the 54 years they've had to purge all records that indicate their involvement has been well used.  I've certainly, over the years, heard all the theories and while I'm positive  it was murder by the CIA-FBI-LBJ coalition, I have no way to absolutely prove it any more than anyone can disprove it. 

Everyone that lays out a scenario usually has about 90% of the angles covered, but almost all fail to wrap up that last 5-10%.  For example,  most indications are there were likely 4 shots heard/recorded, but since there was very likely 6-8 shooters, why didn't the others shoot?  Or did they and it just wasn't picked up in the background noise. 

So when I said we were in agreement,  I meant the methods, not necessarily exactly who each and every player was.    It sure gave a lot of people an opportunity to jump.     I certainly respect your opinion and your work, though as I said, it's been a while since I've caught up.   

Kenneth,

Thanks for the polite conversation.

OK, I understand you now.  Yes, for most of the 90's and at the turn of the new century I was convinced that the CIA was at the center of the JFK assassination, following Jim Garrison, Mark Lane and so many others.   For me, the Oliver Stone movie, JFK (1992) was the wake-up call, and Oliver Stone had used the book by Jim Garrison, On the Trail of the Assassins (1988) as his starting point.

Stone's movie should have been called, The Jim Garrison Story.  Jim Garrison lived it, and truly believed it, but with all his resources, and as close in time as it was to the JFK murder compared to ourselves -- even Jim Garrison could not prove the CIA did it.

I was at least convinced that Colonel Fletcher Prouty, who was portrayed as "Mister X" in the movie, was correct when he named Major General Edward Lansdale -- so close to the CIA -- as "General Y".  It was that North Pole newspaper article -- all ready to go before Lee Harvey Oswald was ever charged with the JFK assassination -- that was the clincher for me!

Then, Fletcher Prouty identified with certainty that the man walking with his back to the camera while the Three Tramps were marched to the County Jail, was Edward Lansdale -- how could we be mistaken?  I was convinced.

Then, on this very Forum, a stellar member, Larry Hancock, corrected that view.  He said he had studied Lansdale in great detail, and that if (and only if) that man really was Edward Lansdale among the Three Tramps, then he was there at the behest of the CIA in order to investigate rumors that an assassination was going to occur in Dallas.

I didn't have an answer for him.  Larry Hancock is not a Lone Nutter or a Warren Report defender.  He's on our side.

As for David Atlee Phillips, he wrote a quasi-confession in his novel manuscript, The AMLASH Legacy (1988) that he was involved with Lee Harvey Oswald and his Fake FPCC in New Orleans and Mexico City -- but that was only in the context of killing Fidel Castro.  

As for James Jesus Angleton, he has been exonerated by Bill Simpich (2014) because he started a Top Secret CIA Mole Hunt to find out which Insider Impersonated Oswald in Mexico City over the most wire-tapped phone on the planet at the time.

As for William Harvey -- it turns out he was in Italy throughout 1963, on a bender.

So -- that left me with only E. Howard Hunt and David Morales -- the only two CIA agents who ever confessed to a role in the JFK assassination.  Both middle-level CIA guys, and both connected at the street level to CIVILIAN operations.

Certainly -- in retrospect -- James Hosty and General Walker could have fed that article on Lee Harvey Oswald to the newspapers.   They were watching Oswald throughout most of 1963.

That made me more convinced that the CIVILIAN plot must be the CENTER.  The Radical Right CT fits all the criteria of logic, in my humble opinion.  I am looking forward to the results of the JFK Records Act -- all 38,000 pages of it.   It will take a little time.

In the meantime, I recommend the recent book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).   Yes, it's 900 pages long, which is way too long.  But then, it's only $30 at amazon.com, so, it's a wash.  IMHO, only the first 14 chapters are pure gold.  The final 14 chapters are alloyed silver, IMHO.

After all, this thread is about Jeff Caufield's book.  It was a New Book in 2015 when this thread was started by William O'Neil.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

Thanks for that response Paul.  I have no problems with most of your conclusions and statements.  As far as CIA that confessed to being involved, I'm surprised we have even two.  Were I a CIA agent that was involved, I don't think I would ever admit it because it would be a severe betrayal of the brotherhood.  But I think there is little doubt that GHWB was in Dallas in Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination and he certainly was a CIA agent at the time.  I'm actually not convinced that LHO was not on the CIA's payroll also.  But there seems to be a lot of evidence that there were several there at the time.  But, serious question, if the CIA and/or FBI weren't seriously involved,  who was so instrumental in the cover up?  Who had the Zapruder film modified?   Who arranged for the surgery during the transportation of the body to Washington?  Who arranged to not have normal SS coverage during the parade?  Literally dozens of these simple questions if the CIA and FBI not involved.   How did they get Oswald's palmprint on the rifle after he was dead if the FBI didn't do that?  These are the type of questions that there are no answers for if this were a General Walker exercise.  So, I don't personally expect any answers at all to be released by either the FBI or CIA that would incriminate themselves.  I will check out that book, I may have already.  About 4 years ago I started actually making a list of all the books I read but, unfortunately I didn't do that prior to then and so many books I've read that I can't recall too much about.  

Best regards,  Kenneth Drew

22 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

Thanks for that response Paul.  I have no problems with most of your conclusions and statements.  As far as CIA that confessed to being involved, I'm surprised we have even two.  Were I a CIA agent that was involved, I don't think I would ever admit it because it would be a severe betrayal of the brotherhood... 

Best regards,  Kenneth Drew

Kenneth,

I'm also surprised that two CIA agents confessed to a role in the JFK assassination.   As you say, it was a severe betrayal of the brotherhood to come out in the open like that, and sully the name of the CIA.

Yet -- from my CT, it was an even more severe betrayal of the CIA brotherhood to ride off the reservation and become ROGUES to join a CIVILIAN plot to kill JFK.

CIA agents Howard Hunt and David Morales became ROGUES.  That explains: (1) why they helped to kill JFK; and (2) why their tortured souls at the very end of their sad lives finally sang like birds.  

They had lost their membership in their brotherhood on 11/22/1963.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Latest Group of JFK Assassination Records Available to the Public
Press Release ·Thursday, November 9, 2017

Washington, DC

In the fourth public release this year, the National Archives today posted 13,213  records subject to the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (JFK Act).   

The majority of the documents released today were released previously in redacted form.  The versions released today were prepared by agencies prior to October 26, 2017, and were posted to make the latest versions of the documents available as expeditiously as possible.  Released records are available for download.

On October 26, 2017, President Donald J. Trump directed agencies to re-review each and every one of their redactions over the next 180 days.  As part of that review process, agency heads were directed to be extremely circumspect in recommending any further postponement of information in the records.  Agency heads must report to the Archivist of the United States by March 12, 2018, any specific information within particular records that meets the standard for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the JFK Act.  The Archivist must then recommend to the President by March 26, 2018, whether this information warrants continued withholding after April 26, 2018.  The records included in this public release have not yet been re-reviewed by the agencies as part of that process and have not been reviewed by the National Archives.

The National Archives released 676 documents on Nov. 3, 2,891 documents on Oct. 26, and 3,810 records on July 24

The National Archives established the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection in November 1992, and it consists of approximately five million pages of records. The vast majority of the collection has been publicly available without any restrictions since the late 1990s. 

Online Resources:
The President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection
Documenting the Death of a President
JFK Assassination Records Review Board
The work of the Kennedy Assassination Records Collection
JFK Assassination Records FAQs
Warren Commission Report