The Education Forum

New Book!

1. ...Do you think the Germans wanted to exterminate ALL of the Jews? the Rothschilds, for example? Surely not. So why did they limit the extermination to lower class Jews?

2. This may be part of my disagreement because I don't believe anyone in America in 1963 wanted to remove JFK because he was a dictator.

3. I have not 'yet' accused Obama of treason. He certainly has some persons representing him that I would, John Kerry, for example. I do think Obama is not working in the best interests of this country and his speeding up the flow of unvetted muslims into the country is certainly not in our interests. His unilateral attempt to legitimize illegal aliens with the stroke of a pen is illegal at least and should not be allowed from a legal standpoint.

4. Obama has made no advance against ISIS, in fact, he's never said those letters in that combination. Whether Obama is muslim or not is certainly debatable, though he was born and raised through childhood as muslim, leopards rarely change their spots. I certainly have seen no evidence that he is any religion other than muslim, but he may have given that up also.

5. While I agree mistakes were made, I doubt Bush made more than Obama has. Obama is doing all he can, it seems, to increase the muslim positions in the middle east.

6. I can certainly agree that Cuba may have been part of the excuse used as reasoning against JFK, but I don't see anything happening in the Civil Rights movement that could legitimately be used as an excuse.

7. I think JFK's position on the Viet Nam war was the reason he died. Anyone that would fake something such as the Gulf of Tonkin incident would do something such as kill a president. I don't think Walker was associated with the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

8. I don't know anyone in the radical right wing. I've never heard anyone accuse anyone in the CRM of being communist. Influenced by communists, yes but not of being a communist. As you well know, the Communists in the country did all they could via using several different movements and causes to aid them in their progressing communism.

9. I don't believe MLK or JFK were traitors or communists. I think it is/was politics.

10. I've not seen anyone claim that Walker accused JFK of being a communist.

11. Paul, you've said previously that you don't know who the shooters were. have you changed your mind?

Kenneth,

Although this FORUM is about the JFK assassination, and we've wandered into the territory of Radical Right Wing politics, I maintain that this discussion is relevant because of the phrase, "Radical Right Conspiracy" occurs in the title of Jeff Caufield's new book -- and it is helpful to define terms.

1. Wealthy Jews escaped the Nazi holocaust because international travel in the early 1940's was plentiful though expensive. One could quickly go to England, for example, like Freud and Einstein, to escape if one acted quickly enough. Not all wealthy Jews escaped the Holocaust -- if they acted too late only a few could bribe officials because the penalties on taking bribes were grisly. Hitler's book, "Mein Kampf" (1925) spelled it all out -- the Nazis truly believed that the Jews were an inferior race, standing in the way of the Aryan "superior race." Hitler said he would "replace the Cross by the Swastika" and he meant it. Aryan blood was his religion and his god. It was way beyond money.

2. The John Birch Society regarded Communism as dictatorial, and regarded JFK, Eisenhower, Truman and FDR to be Communist Agents. This was their claim -- and anybody who believed the Birchers became radicalized, IMHO.

3. Although John Kerry may have made a terrible deal with Iran, he is more likely naive than a traitor. Neville Chamberlain in 1938 comes to mind. I doubt that Obama has "sped up" Muslim immigration -- but he hasn't blocked it, either, as Trump has recommended. As for legalizing illegal immigrants from South America, Obama's effort will fail -- although something must be done about the countless capitalists in the USA who deliberately hire illegal workers; and we have all known this for 30 years. Without cheap stoop labor, the cost of US food would skyrocket, and then all prices would skyrocket -- so we must be careful. The Status Quo is what Obama supports -- and this is not pro-Muslim, it's only everyday capitalism. IMHO, former President GWH Bush opened the door wider to Muslim immigration because of oil interests. The Democrats are sure to back the Status Quo -- and the Republicans today are very divided.

4. Obama uses the term, ISIL, which stands for "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant." The Levant in this case stands for Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan and Cyprus. So ISIL takes a wider scope than ISIS. Obama has made many strides against ISIS -- he has only withheld boots on the ground. While it is true that Obama's father was a Muslim, Obama's mother was a Christian, so Obama was raised as a Christian and he openly declares that he is a Christian. It is significant that his father was a Muslim, but that fact alone doesn't make Obama a Muslim. Obama's policy is Status Quo, and not pro-Muslim. I think that Obama has avoided another War in the Middle East because he is aware that Middle East political fanatics would increase their power if the USA went back over there. If foreign powers stay out, then the Sunni and Shiite camps would attack each other (e.g. Iran-Iraq War, 1980-1988) and that has been the best strategy for the USA. I think most other US politicians would send US troops back into this Family Feud, and we're lucky that Obama has the insight to keep the USA out of it.

5. I disagree that Obama increases the Muslim positions in the Middle East; instead, I say that Obama merely represents the Status Quo, and the Status Quo in the Middle East features a naturally rising population -- fighting for some Identity. For one small example, the modern governments of Jordan, Iraq, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, Pakistan and Israel didn't even EXIST until after 1920 -- and they were all established by Western powers. This underscores the Muslim Identity Crisis. The Ayatollah of Iran is a Shiite, whereas most other nations in the Middle East are Sunni. IMHO the Arab Spring is an uprising of the Shiite minority, which upsets the Status Quo in the Middle East. It has NOTHING to do with the USA, but is a Family Feud. IMHO we should stay out of it -- the Muslims don't care two cents for the West -- as long as we don't interfere in their Family Feud. That's the key mistake that President George Bush Jr. made, IMHO. Today the Sunnis think we support the Shiites, and the Shiites think we support the Sunnis. We can't win in that confusion.

6. What happened in the Civil Rights movement that enraged the Radical Right was that soon after MLK wrote his "Letters from a Birmingham Jail," JFK gave his Civil Rights speech in support of MLK on the evening of June 11, 1963. Before that night was over, the KKK had assassinated NAACP worker, Medgar Evers in his own driveway. Historians know that Medgar Evers was the advisor for James Meredith, the first Black American student to be registered at Ole Miss University, during the racial riots of September 30, 1962, which Ex-General Edwin Walker had brazenly led by using newspaper, radio and TV broadcasts. When the KKK shooter of Medgar Evers, (namely, Byron De La Beckwith) went to trial in February 1964, he was visited in jail by Ex-General Edwin Walker -- and was soon set free. There was, IMHO, a Civil Rights element to the murder of JFK.

7. In 1963, the Cold War, Cuba and MLK were in the forefront of the American media. In 1963 Vietnam was only known by its Buddhist monks who made themselves into human torches, protesting the South Vietnamese government's pro-Catholic ban on Buddhism. I realize many CIA-did-it CTers (including Oliver Stone) claim that the JFK murder was all about Vietnam, but the history of 1963 doesn't show that, and one must look back after 20 years to imagine that. Actually, there were two key issues in 1963 -- one voiced by Presidential candidate George Wallace, and the other by fresh memories of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

8. I feel absolutely certain, Kenneth, that you're a genuine Conservative without any connections in the Radical Right Wing (e.g. the KKK, Neo-Nazis, Skinheads, Neo-Confederates, Christian "Identity" and so on). Yet these movements continue to exist in the USA (per the Southern Poverty Law Center). I do realize that the Communists gave the USA a terrible scare in the 20th century, and I thank God that such a chapter is now over for the USA.

9. Genuine Conservatives didn't accuse MLK or JFK of treason or Communism, Kenneth, but the Radical Right did. I need only cite the "WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK" handbill that circulated in Dallas on two occasions: (1) during the humiliation of Adlai Stevenson in October 1963; and (2) during November 22, 1963. Related to that handbill was the DMN black-bordered ad, "WELCOME MR. KENNEDY TO DALLAS...".

10. Although Walker was careful not to print any direct statement that JFK was a Communist, nevertheless his leader, Robert Welch, was not so careful.

The key political issue for Edwin Walker from 1959-1963 was Communism. Like Robert Welch, he had no other key issue. He also recognized that JFK was his key enemy from 1961-1963, as the history shows. Walker openly blamed "the Communists" for his loss of his command post in Augsburg, Germany in 1961. Here are a few things that Walker did say before the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness of April 1962

• "In Korea we secretly helped the Communists by collaboration at the Panmunjom conference table and through coexistence on the battlefield, but the difference today is that in Katanga we are openly on the side of the Communists."
  • "We must recognize that the Communists have infiltrated every government. It would be naive to believe we are immune."
  • "I have been accused of calling people Communists...I reserve the right to call them something worse, such as traitors to the American system of Constitutional government, National and State sovereignty, and Independence."
  • In September 1962, Walker wrote an Open Letter to JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis, saying: "Mr. President...The Joint Chiefs of Staff, our highest military tribunal, have informed your administration that Cuba is a threat to the United States...America is now the laughingstock of the world to both friend and foe...Harboring and shielding Communist Cuba in our midst is a direct threat to the State of the Union...Sincerely, Edwin A. Walker."

11. As for the JFK shooters, Kenneth, I have consistently admitted that I cannot name the shooters by name -- but I do believe I can identify their GROUP. The followers of Ex-General Edwin Walker in Dallas are at the top of my list, and the top of the top are the Dallas police. Few CT's think of the Dallas police as the shooters, but consider -- if money or outsiders were involved, then blackmail would have eventually erupted. The most secret of all assassins are natives of the area, fanatics, skilled, easily blended and immune from local authorities. Dallas police fit that profile best. The Dallas police controlled manpower, the motorcade route, the crime scenes, the evidence, the media, the suspect, the suspect’s family, the release of all other suspects, and the local investigation. Many of them were followers of Ex-General Walker -- including Roscoe White and even J.D. Tippit. This only scratches the surface.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenneth,

I believe I've dealt objectively with the history of Ex-General Edwin Walker in my three-part Smashwords offering, at these URLs:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501625

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501629

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501646

Since I made a certain percentage of these books free to any viewer, I gather you've skimmed through a few pages of them. At only 99 cents each, I think they're accessible to most folks -- and they took me the better part of two years to pull together.

Yet if you request it, I'll post a 24-hour coupon for viewers like you to obtain a FREE copy -- one at a time.

I consider you a courteous gentleman of the old school -- firm in your opinions and yet respectful of others. I value your opinion and I'd like to know what you think of my histories of Edwin Walker -- whom I regard as one of the most important men in US history.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul, here is a link to the beginnings of my opinions on book one. I'm enjoying reading it. I'm posting this link because it is about 6 pages as of now, a little lengthy to post here on this blog. If you think I should post it you can comment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Cl13iUKLkDin3fZ7ApqenBS1C8p4rAmDx9rm2uVtJw/edit

I believe I have the settings correct to give you access.

Respectfully,

Kenneth Drew

Paul, here is a link to the beginnings of my opinions on book one. I'm enjoying reading it. I'm posting this link because it is about 6 pages as of now, a little lengthy to post here on this blog. If you think I should post it you can comment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Cl13iUKLkDin3fZ7ApqenBS1C8p4rAmDx9rm2uVtJw/edit

Respectfully,

Kenneth Drew

Kenneth,

I thank you sincerely for your candid criticisms of my report on Ex-General Walker, Part I, which I published on Smashwords a couple of years ago.

I agree with some of your criticisms -- although there is one key point that remains open, which I will delve into here.

The new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), uses the phrase, "Radical Right Conspiracy." The term, "Radical Right" must be defined carefully.

In your criticism, you have defined Left-wing as Radical, and Right-wing as Patriotic. Given your definition, it is impossible for me to conceive of a "Radical Right." I think this is at the heart of our disconnect.

The way that I've learned the political terms of Left, Right and Moderate, we begin with the Moderate, which is truly Conservative and Patriotic. Then, we move by degrees further to the Left or further to the Right.

The Left-wing is more inclusive and egalitarian. It can go to extremes, for example, the French Revolution which killed all Aristocrats and all Priests in France. It ended in the Reign of Terror.

The Right-wing is more exclusive and aristocratic. It can also go to extremes, for example, the Nazi Party in Germany which started a war with the whole World and ended with the Holocaust.

The Left wing is more egalitarian and proposed, for example, the Brown Decision of racial integration in public schools in 1954 -- which is still controversial down to this day. At the extremes, it proposes 95% taxation and an equality of income -- regardless of talent or industriousness.

The Right wing is more aristocratic and proposes political power only for the privileged few, the upper 1%, with Jim Crow Laws for Black Americans. At the extremes it supports the KKK and a so-called Christian "Identity" version of racism.

I realize that these definitions are not agreed upon by everybody -- yet these are the definitions that Dr. Caufield is using in his new book. His thesis then, is that Ex-General Edwin Walker quit the Army in order to join Radical Right organizations (e.g. the JBS and the White Citizens Councils). Then, in opposition to the Brown Decision and the Civil Rights Movement led by MLK, Walker joined Guy Banister to frame Lee Harvey Oswald for the murder of JFK.

There were many other people on the Radical Right who joined them, notably, Joseph Milteer. This, then, is Jeff Caufield's CT for the murder of JFK. The amount of historical evidence that Caufield presents for his theory is impressive -- including more FBI documents than dozens of other CT offerings in the past half-century.

I'm not asking you to agree with these definitions, Kenneth -- only that you acknowledge that these definitions form the working theory for Jeff Caufield's new book. Without these basic definitions, there is little point in discussing Caufield's CT, IMHO, because Caufield's very terms would have no meaning.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Respectfully,

Kenneth Drew

Kenneth,

I thank you sincerely for your candid criticisms of my report on Ex-General Walker, Part I, which I published on Smashwords a couple of years ago.

I agree with some of your criticisms -- although there is one key point that remains open, which I will delve into here.

The new book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), uses the phrase, "Radical Right Conspiracy." The term, "Radical Right" must be defined carefully.

In your criticism, you have defined Left-wing as Radical, and Right-wing as Patriotic. Given your definition, it is impossible for me to conceive of a "Radical Right." I think this is at the heart of our disconnect.

The way that I've learned the political terms of Left, Right and Moderate, we begin with the Mooderate, which is truly Conservative and Patriotic. Then, we move by degrees further to the Left or further to the Right.

The Left-wing is more inclusive and egalitarian. It can go to extremes, for example, the French Revolution which killed all Aristocrats and all Priests in France. It ended in the Reign of Terror.

The Right-wing is more exclusive and aristocratic. It can also go to extremes, for example, the Nazi Party in Germany which started a war with the whole World and ended with the Holocaust.

The Left wing is more egalitarian and proposed, for example, the Brown Decision of racial integration in public schools in 1954 -- which is still controversial down to this day. At the extremes, it proposes 98% taxation and an equality of income -- regardless of talent or industry.

The Right wing is more aristocratic and proposes political power only for the privileged few, the upper 1%, with Jim Crow Laws for Black Americans. At the extremes it supports the KKK and a so-called Christian "Identity" version of racism.

I realize that these definitions are not agreed upon by everybody -- yet these are the definitions that Dr. Caufield is using in his new book. His thesis then, is that Ex-General Edwin Walker quit the Army in order to join Radical Right organizations (e.g. the JBS and the White Citizens Councils). Then, in opposition to the Brown Decision and the Civil Rights Movement led by MLK, Walker joined Guy Banister to frame Lee Harvey Oswald for the murder of JFK.

There were many other people on the Radical Right who joined them, notably, Joseph Milteer. This, then, is Jeff Caufield's CT for the murder of JFK. The amount of historical evidence that Caufield presents for his theory is impressive -- including more FBI documents than dozens of other CT offerings in the past half-century.

I'm not asking you to agree with these definitions, Kenneth -- only that you acknowledge that these definitions form the working theory for Jeff Caufield's new book. Without these basic definitions, there is little point in discussing Caufield's CT, IMHO, because Caufield's very terms would have no meaning.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul -- you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding regarding a political spectrum. "Moderate" or "centrist" is not limited to "conservatives" as you propose -- nor is "conservative" automatically "patriotic".

As I assume you know, the original understanding came about as a reference to the seating arrangements in the French Parliament after their Revolution in 1788-1789. Supporters of the king (and established religion) sat on the right side; supporters of the Revolution sat on the left side.

Obviously, the French paradigm from their Revolutionary period is not applicable to contemporary politics in the United States.

There have been many other permutations of a political spectrum --- one of which I have previously discussed (the JBS paradigm).

Another very popular spectrum is the one created by David Nolan in 1969. Interested parties might want to answer David's short survey here: https://www.nolanchart.com/survey-php to determine their position upon the Nolan Chart (attached).

nolan_chart.pdf

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Paul -- you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding regarding a political spectrum. "Moderate" or "centrist" is not limited to "conservatives" as you propose -- nor is "conservative" automatically "patriotic".

As I assume you know, the original understanding came about as a reference to the seating arrangements in the French Parliament after their Revolution in 1788-1789. Supporters of the king (and established religion) sat on the right side; supporters of the Revolution sat on the left side.

Obviously, the French paradigm from their Revolutionary period is not applicable to contemporary politics in the United States.

There have been many other permutations of a political spectrum --- one of which I have previously discussed (the JBS paradigm).

Another very popular spectrum is the one created by David Nolan in 1969. Interested parties might want to answer David's short survey here: https://www.nolanchart.com/survey-php to determine their position upon the Nolan Chart (attached).

Granted, Ernie, that people often disagree about nuances of political terms -- let me please pose the specific question to you:

Regarding Dr. Jeffrey Caufields new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), how would you yourself define the phrase, "Radical Right Conspiracy," which Caufield uses in his title?

Clearly this question is basic to any review of Caufield's new book.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Granted, Ernie, that people often disagree about nuances of political terms -- let me please pose the specific question to you:

Regarding Dr. Jeffrey Caufields new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), how would you yourself define the phrase, "Radical Right Conspiracy," which Caufield uses in his title?

Clearly this question is basic to any review of Caufield's new book.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

In the context of what Caufield is writing about (i.e. the radical right movement within the U.S. during the 1950's and 1960's) -- the "radical right conspiracy" refers to a collection of individuals and organizations who had a profound hostility not only just toward the Administration of JFK but also a profound hostility toward the entire direction of American society since the Administration of FDR. In addition, a significant sub-category within that radical right conspiracy was comprised of racists and anti-semites and anti-Catholic bigots.

Sometimes people forget that the radical right of the 1950's was probably more hostile toward Eisenhower than they were hostile toward "the left" because those right-wing extremists never forgave Eisenhower for not dismantling the entire legacy of the FDR-Truman years AND for not supporting Sen. Joseph McCarthy. For example, see Joseph Kamp's March 15, 1952 newsletter, "Headlines and What's Behind Them" for his front-page article captioned "Reds, New Dealers Use Ike In Plot To Hold Power".

In some respects, the radical right of the 1950's and 1960's can be compared to the anti-Obama and anti-establishment radicals within the GOP today.

Many of the 1950's radical rightists were particularly angry over what they considered to be the corrupt backroom deals which prevented Sen. Robert Taft (OH) from winning the GOP nomination for President because they considered him the only "true conservative" running.

Similarly, today, a lot of the hostility within the GOP base is again directed against the Republican establishment -- including former GOP Presidents and Presidential candidates and Congressional leaders because they embraced "big government" programs, tax hikes, and because of their perceived "betrayal" of promises to repeal Obamacare and roll back government.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Thanks, Ernie, I agree with your definition of terms there. To clarify even more, let's ask J. Edgar Hoover himself, from his Warren Commission testimony on May 14,1964, Notice how Hoover lays out a "spectrum" from the extreme left to the extreme right.

--------- BEGIN EXTRACT OF WC TESTIMONY OF J. EDGAR HOOVER (Vol. V) ----------

Representative BOGGS. ...Some professor out at the University of Illinois wrote a piece in which he alleged JFK was a Communist agent. Buchanan's allegations are that the extreme right assassinated JFK, and this professor's allegations are that the Communists assassinated JFK. Would you care to comment? Have you read that piece?

Mr. HOOVER. I have read that piece. My comment on it is this in general: I think the extreme right is just as much a danger to the freedom of this country as the extreme left.

There are groups, organizations, and individuals on the extreme right who make these very violent statements, allegations that General Eisenhower was a Communist, and disparaging references to the Chief Justice.

At the other end of the spectrum you have these leftists who make wild statements charging almost anybody with being a Fascist or belonging to some of these extreme right societies.

Now, I have felt, and I have said publicly in speeches, that they are just as much a danger, at either end of the spectrum. They don't deal with facts. Anybody who will allege that General Eisenhower was a Communist agent, has something wrong with him.

--------- END EXTRACT OF WC TESTIMONY OF J. EDGAR HOOVER (Vol. V) ----------

I note that Hoover laid out a spectrum with Communists at the extreme left, and then at the extreme right, those "who make these very violent statements, allegations that General Eisenhower was a Communist," and also, "disparaging references to the Chief Justice."

We are reminded then, of the two scurrilous documents about JFK that circulated in Dallas on 11/22/1963. One of these, the "WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK" handbill, also circulated one month earlier -- during the humiliation of Adlai Stevenson in Dallas.

I note that a handbill design of this kind, 'the Wanted poster" design, was common with the KKK in the 1960's.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Thanks, Ernie, I agree with your definition of terms here. To clarify even more, let's ask J. Edgar Hoover himself, from his Warren Commission testimony on May 14,1964, Notice how Hoover lays out a "spectrum" from the extreme left to the extreme right.

--------- BEGIN EXTRACT OF WC TESTIMONY OF J. EDGAR HOOVER (Vol. V) ----------

Representative BOGGS. ...Some professor out at the University of Illinois wrote a piece in which he alleged JFK was a Communist agent. Buchanan's allegations are that the extreme right assassinated JFK, and this professor's allegations are that the Communists assassinated JFK. Would you care to comment? Have you read that piece?

Mr. HOOVER. I have read that piece. My comment on it is this in general: I think the extreme right is just as much a danger to the freedom of this country as the extreme left.

There are groups, organizations, and individuals on the extreme right who make these very violent statements, allegations that General Eisenhower was a Communist, disparaging references to the Chief Justice.

At the other end of the spectrum you have these leftists who make wild statements charging almost anybody with being a Fascist or belonging to some of these extreme right societies.

Now, I have felt, and I have said publicly in speeches, that they are just as much a danger, at either end of the spectrum. They don't deal with facts. Anybody who will allege that General Eisenhower was a Communist agent, has something wrong with him.

--------- END EXTRACT OF WC TESTIMONY OF J. EDGAR HOOVER (Vol. V) ----------

I notice that Hoover laid out a spectrum with Communists at the extreme left, and those "who make these very violent statements, allegations that General Eisenhower was a Communist," and "disparaging references to the Chief Justiceright" at the other end.

We are reminded then, of the two scurrilous documents about JFK that circulated in Dallas on 11/22/1963. One of them, the "WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK" handbill, also circulated one month earlier, during the humiliation of Adlai Stevenson in Dallas. I would note that a handbill design of this kind, 'the wanted poster design," was common with the KKK in the 1960's.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

While I often quote Hoover's Warren Commission testimony in my debates with Birchers and their sympathizers -- because 99.9% of them have never heard about or seen that evidence previously -- one should not take Hoover's comments too literally.

Keep in mind the training which FBI Agents received -- as represented by all of the FBI monographs which were prepared for use in training FBI employees. There are literally DOZENS of monographs which pertain to the "extreme left" but there are only 2 or 3 monographs which FBI employees were exposed to regarding the "extreme right" -- and even those were limited exclusively to discussing American Nazi Party, National States Rights Party, Minutemen, and the KKK.

In the entire history of the FBI, no training material was prepared which discussed or documented, in depth, the general "extreme right" movement within our country.

It is very significant that a very conservative estimate would be that the FBI received over 25,000 inquiries during the 1960's about the Birch Society, Birch Society front groups, or publications and arguments which the Birch Society circulated.

Don't you think that IF Hoover and the FBI genuinely believed that the extreme right was "just as much a danger" as the extreme left THEN the FBI's Training Division and the Crime Records Division Central Research Section would have prepared at least ONE comprehensive monograph to identify the nexus between and among extreme right organizations and to make FBI employees aware of the inflammatory and false arguments which the extreme right was relentlessly presenting year-after-year??

The FBI prepared one very detailed monograph (128pp) which was entirely devoted to biographical sketches of the top 10 senior CPUSA leaders. No such monograph or even just a memo or report was ever prepared regarding the extreme right in the U.S. WHY NOT IF HOOVER AND THE FBI genuinely believed that the extreme right in our country was "just as much a danger" as the extreme left?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

While I often quote Hoover's Warren Commission testimony in my debates with Birchers and their sympathizers -- because 99.9% of them have never heard about or seen that evidence previously -- one should not take Hoover's comments too literally.

Keep in mind the training which FBI Agents received -- as represented by all of the FBI monographs which were prepared for use in training FBI employees. There are literally DOZENS of monographs which pertain to the "extreme left" but there are only 2 or 3 monographs which FBI employees were exposed to regarding the "extreme right" -- and even those were limited exclusively to discussing American Nazi Party, National States Rights Party, Minutemen, and the KKK.

In the entire history of the FBI, no training material was prepared which discussed or documented, in depth, the general "extreme right" movement within our country.

It is very significant that a very conservative estimate would be that the FBI received over 25,000 inquiries during the 1960's about the Birch Society, Birch Society front groups, or publications and arguments which the Birch Society circulated.

Don't you think that IF Hoover and the FBI genuinely believed that the extreme right was "just as much a danger" as the extreme left THEN the FBI's Training Division and the Crime Records Division Central Research Section would have prepared at least ONE comprehensive monograph to identify the nexus between and among extreme right organizations and to make FBI employees aware of the inflammatory and false arguments which the extreme right was relentlessly presenting year-after-year??

The FBI prepared one very detailed monograph (128pp) which was entirely devoted to biographical sketches of the top 10 senior CPUSA leaders. No such monograph or even just a memo or report was ever prepared regarding the extreme right in the U.S. WHY NOT IF HOOVER AND THE FBI genuinely believed that the extreme right in our country was "just as much a danger" as the extreme left?

Well, Ernie, I tend to take J. Edgar Hoover at his word.

In the text that I cited from Hoover's WC testimony of 1964, he describes himself in the middle area between two extremes -- the extreme left and the extreme right.

I take Hoover's term, 'extreme,' to be identical with Caufield's term, 'radical.'

Hoover considered himself a Conservative American and an Anti-Communist. Yet this did not justify all forms of Anti-Communism, according to Hoover. For example, the American Nazi Party, the National States Rights Party, the Minutemen, and the KKK were also Anti-Communist -- but Hoover considered them to be 'extreme right.'

Their methods were extreme (radical) that is, they were totalitarian, non-Democratic, and even held Voting to be optional or at least restricted. This was not Americanism, according to Hoover.

Hoover also directly specified two examples of the 'extreme right wing,' namely: (1) those who considered President Eisenhower a Communist agent; and (2) those who "make disparaging references to the Chief Justice" of the Supreme Court.

With these two descriptions, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover deliberately targeted the John Birch Society, because Robert Welch had published in his "Black Book" (1959) that President Eisenhower was a "deliberate" Communist agent, and guilty of Treason. Furthermore, the John Birch Society's most famous bumper-sticker and highway billboard read, "Impeach Earl Warren."

Now, Earl Warren was then Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Warren's landmark case was the Brown Decision which mandated the racial integration of American public schools. The South, especially, resisted this ruling, and the Birchers rode their protest all the way to the bank.

Now, Ex-General Edwin Walker had joined the John Birch Society in 1959.

I especially appreciate J. Edgar Hoover's concluding comment in that quote: "Anybody who will allege that General Eisenhower was a Communist agent, has something wrong with him."

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, Ernie, I tend to take J. Edgar Hoover at his word.

In the text that I cited from Hoover's WC testimony of 1964, he describes himself in the middle area between two extremes -- the extreme left and the extreme right.

I take Hoover's term, 'extreme,' to be identical with Caufield's term, 'radical.'

Hoover considered himself a Conservative American and an Anti-Communist. Yet this did not justify all forms of Anti-Communism, according to Hoover. For example, the American Nazi Party, the National States Rights Party, the Minutemen, and the KKK were also Anti-Communist -- but Hoover considered them to be 'extreme right.'

Their methods were extreme (radical) that is, they were totalitarian, non-Democratic, and even held Voting to be optional or at least restricted. This was not Americanism, according to Hoover.

Hoover also directly specified two examples of the 'extreme right wing,' namely: (1) those who considered President Eisenhower a Communist agent; and (2) those who "make disparaging references to the Chief Justice" of the Supreme Court.

With these two descriptions, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover deliberately targeted the John Birch Society, because Robert Welch had published in his "Black Book" (1959) that President Eisenhower was a "deliberate" Communist agent, and guilty of Treason. Furthermore, the John Birch Society's most famous bumper-sticker and highway billboard read, "Impeach Earl Warren."

Now, Earl Warren was then Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Warren's landmark case was the Brown Decision which mandated the racial integration of American public schools. The South, especially, resisted this ruling, and the Birchers rode their protest all the way to the bank.

Now, Ex-General Edwin Walker had joined the John Birch Society in 1959.

I especially appreciate J. Edgar Hoover's concluding comment in that quote: "Anybody who will allege that General Eisenhower was a Communist agent, has something wrong with him."

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

You seem to be missing the common denominator which distinguishes the right-wing organizations and individuals which the FBI did actually regard as "radical" and "extremist" and "just as much a danger" as the extreme left. The reason why the FBI focused upon KKK, NSRP, ANP, and Minutemen is because all of them advocated, condoned, facilitated, or participated in violence and criminal activities.

By contrast, (I will invent a new phrase here), the "mainstream extreme right" limited itself primarily to such things as speaking engagements, publishing (books, magazines, newsletters, pamphlets, flyers), radio/TV broadcasts, evaluations of voting behavior by state and national politicians, and attempting to influence public perceptions of candidates for political office.

The FBI made no distinction between a CPUSA member who advocated or facilitated violence or criminal behavior versus somebody who merely did what I just described for the "mainstream extreme right".

For example: the FBI's Security Index included non-violent extreme left individuals who merely engaged in First Amendment activities. By contrast, extreme right-wing non-violent individuals were generally ignored by the FBI.

I would not exactly agree with your characterization of Hoover "targeting" the JBS. When Hoover (and the FBI) actually "targeted" a specific person or organization, there was specific documentary evidence in FBI files to show continuous FBI interest in those persons and organizations -- including (usually) periodic summary memos and reports -- and, most of the time, those summary memos or reports were distributed outside the Bureau to a wide assortment of interested parties including the Internal Security Division of the Department of Justice, the White House, military intelligence agencies, the Secret Service, and others BUT no such memos/reports about the JBS or its leadership were circulated outside the FBI--except for the very brief period when the FBI conducted its "preliminary inquiry" into the JBS. Even then---there were only 2 summary reports sent to the White House that I can recall.

In summary: based upon my research, I would conclude the following:

1. Yes, senior FBI officials (including Hoover) genuinely believed that organizations like the JBS were extremist, irrational, irresponsible.

2. However, the FBI considered non-violent extreme right groups to be more of an annoyance than a genuine threat.

3. Consequently, there was a very limited and very brief public relations effort (in early 1961 and again in November 1964) to express derogatory evaluations about Welch and the JBS (which was the largest and best organized and best financed and most impactful organization on the extreme right) BUT....FBI Agents received no specific training about the "mainstream extreme right"

4. There is one additional metric for evaluating this subject. About 30 years ago, I obtained through an FOIA request to the FBI, a list of all speeches and articles by Hoover as well as a listing of his annual appropriations testimony before Congressional committees.

I then requested and received copies of all those speeches and articles and testimony during the 1960's. NONE of them contained any specific references to Welch, or to the JBS, or to any other "mainstream extreme right" person or organization.

A very small number contained one or two sentences which were equivalent to statements which Hoover made during his Warren Commission testimony---but they were just non-specific generic references to extremism (right and/or left).

For example, one speech by Hoover in December 1961 made this comment:

“Let us be for America all the way; but, at the same time, let us not be taken in by those who promote hysteria by the distortion and misrepresentation of the true facts whether they be the proponents of chauvinism of the extreme right or pseudo liberalism of the extreme left.”

BY CONTRAST: speeches and articles and testimony about the extreme left were filled with specific references to the CPUSA and the New Left (SDS for example) and other groups described as radical -- such as Nation of Islam and they often named specific persons. And I am sure everyone remembers Hoover's statement about MLK Jr. being "the most notorious xxxx in the country."

CONCLUSION:

It is very clear from internal FBI memos (and sometimes handwritten comments by Hoover on those memos) that the senior management of the FBI thought that the JBS and similar right-wing extremist groups (and persons) were unhelpful and made the job of the FBI more difficult because right-wing extremists often circulated false and inflammatory accusations and assertions.

BUT--it is also very clear that senior management of the FBI did NOT genuinely think that the "mainstream extreme right" was "just as much a danger" as the extreme left -- just because (as Hoover testified) they both "don't deal in facts".

The reason why my JBS critics are often astounded by, incredulous about, and angry towards me when I present what I have discovered in FBI files about the extreme right and their arguments is PRECISELY because Hoover and the FBI were so reluctant to make any PUBLIC statements falsifying extreme right arguments (particularly in high-profile venues---such as a major magazine article or in a widely-covered speech).

One might even want to conclude that the FBI merely thought of the JBS (and similar groups) as irrelevant as someone having a Crazy Old Aunt in their family---whom everybody knows is crazy -- so not worth paying serious attention to.

Lastly, I contacted former FBI Assistant Director Cartha DeLoach by email several times. For those of you who are not familiar with him, here is a very brief summary:

* In January 1959, DeLoach was promoted to become Inspector in Charge of the Crime Records Division. The CRD consisted of 5 units: (1) Crime Research Section, (2) the Correspondence Unit , (3) the FBI Library, (4) Publications, Research and Special Productions, and (5) Fugitive Publicity.

* In April 1959, DeLoach became Assistant Director, Crime Records Division
The CRD was responsible for all public relations functions of the Bureau. Significantly, DeLoach told me that he never discussed the JBS or Welch with Hoover.
FACTUAL ERROR IN PAUL'S MESSAGE:
Once again, you wrongly claim "...Robert Welch had published in his "Black Book" (1959) that President Eisenhower was a "deliberate" Communist agent, and guilty of Treason."
1. Welch did NOT "publish" the "Black Book" until 1963
2. The word "deliberate" does not appear in Welch's description of Eisenhower. He stated that:
"But my firm belief that Dwight Eisenhower is a dedicated, conscious agent of the Communist conspiracy is based on an accumulation of detailed evidence so extensive and so palpable that it seems to me to put this conviction beyond any reasonable doubt."
Edited by Ernie Lazar

Respectfully,

Kenneth Drew

Kenneth, I believe I've clarified my position on the term 'extreme right,' or "Radical Right' as Caufield puts it.

Now I'd like to concentrate on two of your comments from your post of July 14th:

KENNETH WROTE: Don’t you think after all the publicity surrounding the events, that it was rather strange that nothing be done to General Walker and that Pro Blue should continue uninterrupted? You would think if they thought it was wrong, they would at least not let it continue as it had been.

Well, Kenneth, as I tried to show in my essay, the booting of General Walker away from his Augsburg, Germany command was not really due to his Pro-Blue organization, or to his membership in the John Birch Society. That was irrelevant. The real reason that Walker was booted was because he failed to play nicely with the US Army newspaper, named, Overseas Weekly.

The Overseas Weekly, a scandal newspaper, did indeed complain that General Walker was a member of the John Birch Society, and that his Pro-Blue organization hired many professional speakers from the John Birch Society circuit to visit Germany to address our Troops. But that article was designed to be a scandal, and not a series of official charges.

The Overseas Weekly published their scandal on April 16, 1961, and the Pentagon itself removed General Walker from his Augsburg command on the morning of April 17, 1961. This was because Walker had caused a "shore flap." Walker had involved himself in a European scandal during the Cold War. That was a serious mistake. It showed he lacked the right stuff.

General Walker's fight with the Overseas Weekly newspaper had begun in December, 1959, just one month after Walker had arrived in Augsburg, Germany. Walker refused to cooperate with that Army newspaper in any way, shape or form, that that raised eyebrows and suspicions.

Army newspaper reporters noticed that General Walker was unmarried (which was rare for Army officers) and that he never attended Officer events or dinners with the other Officers and their spouses, but was always leaving the base during such occasions.

The reporters began to spy on Walker. The actual scandal that they wanted to break was that Walker was gay. But even the Editors in those days would never go that far. (In the same way, JFK's many trysts were never reported by US newspapers, even though they were well-known to insiders. The early 1960's weren't ready for that sort of journalism.)

Walker complained loudly about all the spying, but the other Generals and Officers did not respond. Walker was an adult, and he was expected to handle his problems himself. Eventually, in late 1960, General Walker actually sued the Overseas Weekly newspaper in a Civil Court for their spying, and Walker won.

However, one can imagine that the Overseas Weekly editors were not going to let him get away with that. That's why they prepared this early 1961 scandal to embarrass not only Walker, but the entire Pentagon. It worked. The Pentagon acted to remove General Walker the very next morning. Case closed.

Note that Walker was not fired from the Army -- nor was the Pro-Blue program, nor even Walker's JBS membership an issue for the Pentagon. The official Army report complained only that: (1) Walker had told his Troops personally that Eleanor Roosevelt and President Truman were "definitely pink;" and (2) Walker had advised his Troops to use a biased Voting advisory service to select candidates in the 1960 Elections -- which was a violation of Army regulations.

Even then, the penalties given to Walker amounted to a slap on the wrist, a formal reprimand, and a transfer to another post in US Army Training Office in beautiful Hawaii. Walker wasn't fired. Nor was he criticized for being Right-wing. The Overseas Weekly scandal, has unfortunately been mistaken as an official US Army judicial sentence, but that's a major mistake among historians.

KENNETH WROTE: This is really strange Paul. The National Security Council had ordered the Joint Chiefs in a 1958 Cold WarDirective to permit military men to instruct their troops and civilians in Anticommunism and General Walker was following this order. Secretary McNamara rescinded this Directive. Why would the National Security Council feel it was necessary for military leaders to instruct his troops in Anticommunism in 1958 but was no longer necessary in 1961?

Well, Kenneth, this was General Walker's own complaint, even after he quit the Army and began his career in public speaking. However, it was only a political gambit. Walker knew very well that the NSC had nothing whatsoever to do with his reprimand, nor did the Pro-Blue program. The real cause of his troubles was his poor relationship with the Overseas Weekly newspaper and the resulting "shore flap" during the peak of the Cold War.

It was Walker himself who tried to make political hay about the NSC. The best evidence of this would be the Senate Subcommittee hearings on the Walker case in April 1962, where Walker extensively testified. The bulk of Walker's testimony was about how the Overseas Weekly was "subversive," and how they were really spying on his alleged brain tumor doctor visits. Walker never mentioned his personal contacts in Germany, and the picture he painted of the Overseas Weekly newspaper in Germany was a one-sided parody.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Several years ago, I created an annotated webpage to describe the Archives around our country which would be pertinent to anyone who plans to research the conservative and extreme right movements in our country.

https://sites.google.com/site/ernie124102/archives

I now am in the process of revising and greatly expanding my Archives list. The following links might be of interest to you. Many of the listed individuals are discussed in Dr. Caufield's book.

Most of these links are the personal papers of right-wing figures which are archived at various colleges and universities as well as state historical societies and other institutions in our country. Some links are collections of right-wing or extreme right publications, or oral interviews of key figures, or other useful data.

When I am totally finished, I hope to provide notes regarding the scope of each collection (number of boxes or microfilm reels), plus provide a link to a finding aid if one exists.

A.G. Heinsohn Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Alabama Commission to Preserve Peace Papers

Albert C. Wedemeyer Papers-Stanford Univ.

Alfred Kohlberg Papers-Stanford Univ.

All American Conference to Combat Communism-Univ of KS

America First Committee Records-Stanford Univ.

American Conservative Union Records-Brigham Young Univ.

American Council Christian Laymen Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Americans For Constitutional Action Records-Wisconsin Historical Society

Amos A. Fries Papers-Univ of Oregon

Anti-Black, Anti-Semitic Printed Material-Brown Univ.

Anti-Communist Movement Collection-Univ of West FL

Anti-Communist Printed Material-Brown University

Anti-Integration Printed Matter-Brown Univ.

Antisemitic Literature Collection-Brandeis Univ.

Anti-Semitic, Anti- Black Literature-Brown Univ.

Anti-Semitism Collection-American Jewish Archives

Anti-Semitism Collection-Yeshiva Univ.

Arch Roberts Papers-Univ of Oregon

Arthur Bliss Lane Papers-Yale Univ.

Arthur W. Terminiello Papers-Univ of Notre Dame

Ashley Holden Papers-Univ of Oregon

Association of Citizens Councils of MS-Duke Univ.

Austin J. App Papers-Univ of Wyoming

B. Edwin Hutchison Papers-Stanford Univ.

Barry Goldwater Papers-Arizona State Univ.

Bayliss Corbett Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Ben Klassen Papers-Univ of Montana

Benjamin Gitlow Papers-Univ of North Carolina

Bert MacDonald Papers-Huntington Library

Bible Presbyterian Church Records-

Billy James Hargis Papers-Univ of Arkansas

BJ Hargis Papers-Univ of Arkansas

Bonner Fellers Papers-Stanford Univ.

Brice P. Disque Papers-Univ of Oregon

Brice P. Disque Papers-Univ of Washington

Bruce Alger Papers-Dallas Public Library

Bryton Barron Papers-Univ of Oregon

California Un-American Activities Committees Records-California State Archives

Calvin F. Craig Papers-KKK-Emory Univ.

Carl McIntire Collection-Univ of Michigan

Carl McIntire Manuscript Collection-Princeton Theological Seminary

Charles Andrew Willoughby Papers-Stanford Univ.

Charles Parsons Papers-Yale Univ.

Charles White Americanism Collection-Portland State Univ.

Church League-Wackenhut Corp Papers-Tamiment Library

Circuit Riders, Inc. Papers-Univ of Oregon

Citizens Committee for Free Cuba Records-Stanford Univ.

Citizens Councils of America Literature-Univ of Arkansas

Citizens Councils of America-Univ of MS

Clarence Manion Papers--Chicago History Museum

Clarence Manion Papers-Univ of Notre Dame

Collection of Material About Prejudices-UCLA

Conservative and Libertarian Materials - Politics & Social Activism in Special Collections - Research Guides at University of Oregon Libraries

Conservative Literature-UC Davis

Conservative Viewpoint-Richard Cotten-Stanford Univ.

Counterattack Research Files-NY University

Dan T. Carter Research Files-Emory Univ.

David A. Garrity Papers-Stanford Univ.

Debate on John Birch Society-Bedau and Eichart

Dennis Warren Collection--GL Rockwell Speeches-Stanford Univ

Donald R. McNeil Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

E. Merrill Root Papers-Univ of Oregon

Earl B. Vanfleet Papers-Brigham Young Univ

Earnest Sevier Cox Papers-Duke Univ.

Eckard V. Toy Jr. Papers-Duke Univ.

Eddie Rickenbacker Papers-Library of Congress

Edmund A. Opitz Papers-Library of Congress

Edmund Opitz Papers-Univ of Oregon

Edward A. Rumely Papers-Univ of Oregon

Edward M. Greb Papers-Univ of KS

Edward W. Greenfield Papers-Library of Congress

Elizabeth Churchill Brown Papers-Stanford Univ.

Elmer Gertz Papers-JBS-Northwestern Univ

Emily Brookes Papers-XR-Temple University

John Birch Society sound recordings collection

Eugene Lyons Papers-Stanford Univ.

Eugene Lyons Papers-Univ of Oregon

Eugene Sanctuary Papers-Univ of Kansas

Eustace Mullins Papers-Duke Univ.

Eve J. Zink Papers-Univ of Wyoming

F.A. Harper Papers-Stanford Univ.

FBI HQ File on Extremist Informants-NARA

Finding Aid-Collection of Underground, Alternative and Extremist Literature-UCLA

Firing Line TV Program-Stanford Univ.

Florence Ranuzzi Papers-Huntington Library

Francis J, McNamara Papers-George Mason Univ.

Frank A. Parker Papers-XR in 1940's-Wayne State Univ.

Frank Brophy Papers--AZ Historical Society

Frank E. Holman papers, 1908-1967

Frank Purinton papers, 1970-1986

Frank S. Meyer Papers-Stanford Univ.

Franklin H. Littell Papers-IAD-Temple Univ

Freedom Forum Records-Pepperdine Univ.

Friedrich A. Von Hayek Papers-Stanford Univ.

Fulton Lewis Jr. Papers-Syrcause Univ.

Gale W. McGee Papers-Univ of Wyoming

George E. Rennar Papers-Library of Congress

George S. Richardson Papers-Univ of Wyoming

George S. Schuyler Papers-Syrcause Univ.

George S. Viereck Papers-Univ of Iowa

George Van Horn Moseley Papers-Library of Congress

George W. Armstrong Papers-Univ of TX-Arlington

George W. Robnett Papers-Stanford Univ.

George W. Robnett Papers-Univ of Oregon

George Washington Robnett Papers-Univ of Kansas

Gerald B. Winrod Collection-Library of Congress

Gerald L.K. Smith Early Years-Columbia Univ.

Gerald L.K. Smith Papers-Univ of Michigan

Gerald L.K. Smith Publications-Arkansas History Commission

Gerald L.K. Smith Solicitation Letters-Central Michigan Univ.

Goldmark Trial Papers-Washington State Univ

Gordon Hall-Grace Hall Collection-XR-Brown Univ.

Grace Wick Papers-Oregon Historical Society

Group Research Inc. Papers- Finding Aid

Group Research, Inc. Papers-Columbia University

Guide to the Anti-Defamation League John Birch Society Collection

Guide to the Barry Goldwater Papers-Cornell Univ

Guide to the Granville F. Knight Papers 1920-1981 - Google Search

Guide to the Margaret Meier Collection on Extreme Right-Stanford Univ

Guide to the Right Wing Publications-Cornell Univ

Gwartney Anti-Communist Collection-San Diego State Univ.

H. Keith Thompson Papers-Stanford Univ.

Halsey McGovern Papers-JBS-Library of Congress

Harold S. Tuttle Papers--JBS-Wisc Historical Society

Harry and Gretchen Billings Papers on XR

Helen Avery Williams Papers--Univ of North Carolina

Helen Courtois Papers-Univ of Kansas

Henry Regnery Papers-Stanford Univ.

Herbert A. Philbrick papers, 1849-1997 (Library of Congress Finding Aid)

Herbert Romerstein Papers-Stanford Univ.

Howard Eldred Kershner Papers-Univ of Oregon

Ida M. Darden Papers-Houston Public Library

Isaac Don Levine Papers-Emory Univ.

J. Bracken Lee Papers-Univ of Utah

J. Charles Park Papers on XR

J. Evetts Haley Oral History-Texas Tech Univ.

J. Evetts Haley papers-Texas Tech Univ.

J. Howard Pew Papers-Hagley Museum

J.B. Matthews Papers-Duke Univ.

J.B. Stoner Collection-Univ of Kansas

J.B. Stoner Oral Interview-Michigan State Univ.

J.D. Williams Papers-JBS-Skousen-Univ of Utah

Jack B. Tenney Oral History-UC-Berkeley

James Burnham Papers-Stanford Univ.

James C. Ingebretsen papers, 1941-1977

James C. Ingebretsen Papers-Library of Congress

James J. Kilpatrick Papers-Univ of Virginia

James K. Warner Collection-Univ of Wyoming

James N. Mason Collection-Univ of Kansas

James W. Clise Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

James William Cole Papers-East Carolina Univ.

Jean Hardisty Papers-Radcliffe College

Jeremiah Stokes Papers-Brigham Young Univ.

Jim Johnson Papers-Arkansas History Commission

John B. Trevor, Jr. Papers-Univ. of Michigan

John Birch Society Collection-Pasadena Museum of History

John Birch Society Pamphlets-Brown Univ.

John Birch Society Records--Brown Univ.

John Birch Society-Dunn County ND

John Birch Society-Emory University

John Birch Society--UCLA-Mellon collection

John Chamberlain Papers-Stanford Univ.

John G. Schmitz Papers-JBS-Wichita State Univ.

John Howland Snow Papers-Library of Congress

John Howland Snow Papers-Univ of Oregon

John O. Beaty Papers-Univ of Oregon

John T. Flynn Papers-Univ. of Oregon

John V. Ciceu Papers-JBS

John W. Biggert Papers-Duke Univ.

Joseph R. McCarthy Papers-Marquette Univ.

Karl Baarslag Papers-Stanford Univ.

Keith Stimely Collection-XR-Univ of Oregon

Kenneth H. DeCourcy Papers-Stanford Univ.

Kenneth J. Merkel Papers-JBS-Wisconsin Historical Society

Kit Clardy Papers-Michigan State Univ.

Knox Collection of Extremist Literature-Univ of MS

Ku Klux Klan Collection-Duke Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Records-Univ of NC-Chapel Hill

Laird M. Wilcox Papers-Univ of Kansas

Lawrence P. McDonald-Western Goals

Lawrence Timbers Papers-Univ of Oregon

Lawrence V. Cott Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Lee J. Adamson papers, 1954-1969

Lee R. Pennington Papers-Stanford Univ.

Leon R. Claus

Lester Maddox Papers-Atlanta History Center

Louis F. Budenz Papers-Providence College

Loyd Wright Papers-Stanford Univ.

Lucille Cardin Crain Papers-Univ of Oregon

Lyle H. Brothers Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Lyrl Clark Van Hyning Papers-Loyola Univ.-Chicago

Marcius E. Taber Papers-Univ of Michigan

Marilyn R. Allen Papers-Univ of Utah

Marjorie O. Shearon Papers-Library of Congress

Marjorie O. Shearon Papers-Univ of Oregon

Mark Monday Papers--Minutemen

Marvin Liebman Papers-Stanford Univ.

Marx Lewis Papers-Stanford Univ.

Maurice Ries Manuscript on HUAC-Tulane Univ.

Merwin K. Hart Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Michael Braver Collection-Americanist material

Midwest Research Inc-Michigan State Univ

Morrie Ryskind Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Myers G. Lowman Papers-Stanford Univ.

National Republic Magazine Records-Stanford Univ.

National Socialist League Papers-Russell Veh-Univ of Southern Calif

Neo-Nazi Printed Matter-Stanford Univ.

Network of Patriotic Letter Writers-Michigan State Univ

Non-Sectarian Anti-Nazi League Papers-Columbia Univ.

Norman Allderdice Collection-Stanford Univ.

Norman Olson Papers-Mich Militia-Univ of Michigan

NSWPP Printed Material-Duke Univ.

NY Joint Legislative Committee-Seditious Activities-NY State Archives

Pedro A. Del Valle Papers-Univ of Oregon

Pedro A. Del Valle-Oral History-Columbia Univ.

People For the American Way Papers-UC Berkeley

Phyllis Schlafly Oral Interview-Stanford Univ.

Polly King Ruhtenberg Papers-Univ of Oregon

Radical Extremist Literature-Library of Congress

Radical Right Collection-Stanford Univ

Ralph de Toledano Papers-Boston Univ.

Ralph de Toledano Papers-Stanford Univ.

Ralph van Deman Papers-Stanford Univ.

Research Collection for Conservative-Libertarian Studies-Univ of OR

Research Papers-Univ of Michigan

Revilo P. Oliver--Univ of Illinois

Right Wing Pamphlet Collection-Yale Univ.

Right Wing Political Collection-Univ of Georgia

Right Wing Publications-Cornell Univ.

Right Wing Radical Pamphlets-Univ of Montana

Right-Wing Issues-Brown Univ

Right-Wing Publishers-Brown Univ

Robert A. Goldberg Papers-Univ of Utah

Robert B. DePugh Interview-Wisconsin Historical Society

Robert B. Dresser Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Robert B. Dresser Papers-Stanford Univ.

Robert E. Scoggin Papers-KKK-Univ of North Carolina

Robert LeFevre Papers-Univ of Oregon

Ross Upton Papers-XR-Univ of Wyoming

ROUSSELOT, John Harbin (1927-2003) Guide to Research Papers

Roy Vincent Harris Papers-Univ of Georgia

Russell Kirk Papers-Central Michigan Univ.

Sara Diamond Collection-UC Berkeley

Silver Shirt Legion-Washington State-Univ of Washington

Slobodan M. Draskovich Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Southern Poverty Law Center Papers-XR-Duke Univ.

Stanley F. Morse Papers-South Caroliniana Library

Sterling Morton Papers-JBS-Chicago History Museum

Stetson Kennedy Collection-NYC Public Library

Strom Thurmond Papers--Library of Congress

Sumter Lowry Papers-Univ of South Florida

T. Coleman Andrews Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Thomas A. Lane Papers-Stanford Univ.

Thomas C. Reeves Research Files-Wisconsin Historical Society

Thomas More Storke Papers-JBS

Tom Anderson Papers-JBS-Texas A&M Univ

Tom Anderson Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Tom Anderson papers--Library of Congress

Tom Anderson papers--Univ of Wyoming

Tyler G. Kent Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Tyler G. Kent Papers-Yale Univ.

United Klans of America Papers-Michigan State Univ.

United Klans of America-Indiana State Library

Verne P. Kaub Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Vernon Orval Watts Papers-Stanford Univ.

Wally Butterworth Papers-Library of Congress

Wally Butterworth Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Walter Huss Papers-Univ of Oregon

Wes McCune Papers-Harry S Truman Library

Wes Willoughby Papers-UC Berkeley

Wesley A. Swift Speeches-Wisc Historical Society

Wesley C. George Papers-Univ of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

Westbrook Pegler Papers-Syracuse Univ.

Wilcox Collection-Univ of Kansas

Willford I. King papers-Univ. of Oregon

William A. Roberts Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

William A. Rusher Oral Interview-Northwestern Univ.

William C. Mullendore Papers-Univ of Oregon

William F. Buckley Firing Line-Univ of Texas-Austin

William F. Buckley Jr, Papers-Yale Univ.

William Henry Chamberlin Papers-Providence College

William J. Grede Papers-JBS-Wisc Historical Society

William LaVarre Papers-Stanford Univ.

William Martin Religious Right Research-Rice Univ.

William V. Moore Papers-College of Charleston

Willis E. Stone Papers-Univ of Oregon

Willmoore Kendall Papers-Stanford Univ.

Young Americans For Freedom Papers-Stanford Univ.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Updated List -- and Alphabetized

Lee J. Adamson Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Alabama Commission to Preserve Peace Papers-AL Dept of Archives and History

Bruce Alger Papers-Dallas Public Library

All American Conference to Combat Communism-Univ of KS

Norman Allderdice Collection-Stanford Univ.

Marilyn R. Allen Papers-Univ of Utah

America First Committee Records-Stanford Univ.

American Conservative Union Records-Brigham Young Univ.

American Council Christian Laymen Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

American Independent Party Papers-Univ of Louisville

Americans For Constitutional Action Records-Wisconsin Historical Society

Americans for the Preservation of the White Race-Univ of MS

Tom Anderson Papers--Library of Congress

Tom Anderson Papers-JBS-Texas A&M Univ

Tom Anderson Papers--Univ of Wyoming

Tom Anderson Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

T. Coleman Andrews Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Anti-Black, Anti-Semitic Printed Material-Brown Univ.

Anti-Communist Movement Collection-Univ of West FL

Anti-Communist Printed Material-Brown University

Anti-Integration Printed Matter-Brown Univ.

Antisemitic Literature Collection-Brandeis Univ.

Anti-Semitic Pamphlets-Library of Congress

Anti-Semitic, Anti- Black Literature-Brown Univ.

Anti-Semitism Collection-American Jewish Archives

Anti-Semitism Collection-Yeshiva Univ.

Austin J. App Papers-Univ of Wyoming

George W. Armstrong Papers-Univ of TX-Arlington

Association of Citizens Councils of MS-Duke Univ.

Helen Avery Williams Papers--Univ of North Carolina

Karl Baarslag Papers-Stanford Univ.

James D. Bales Papers-Abilene Christian Univ.

Bryton Barron Papers-Univ of Oregon

John O. Beaty Papers-Univ of Oregon

George S. Benson Papers-Abilene Christian Univ.

George S. Benson-Harding Univ.

Bible Presbyterian Church Records-

John W. Biggert Papers-Duke Univ.

Harry and Gretchen Billings Papers on XR-Montana State Univ.

John Robert Bishop Papers-AmNaziParty-Augustana College

Kenneth Bradley Collection-Wichita State Library

Boris Brasol Papers-Library of Congress

Michael Braver Collection-Americanist Material-UCLA

Emily Brookes Papers-XR-Temple University

Frank Brophy Papers--AZ Historical Society

Lyle H. Brothers Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Elizabeth Churchill Brown Papers-Stanford Univ.

William F. Buckley Firing Line-Univ of Texas-Austin

William F. Buckley Jr, Papers-Yale Univ.

Louis F. Budenz Papers-Providence College

James Burnham Papers-Stanford Univ.

Wally Butterworth Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Wally Butterworth Papers-Library of Congress

California Un-American Activities Committees Records-California State Archives

Dan T. Carter Research Files-Emory Univ.

John Chamberlain Papers-Stanford Univ.

William Henry Chamberlin Papers-Providence College

Christian Anti-Communism Crusade Collection-Stanford Univ.

Church League-Wackenhut Corp Papers-Tamiment Library

John V. Ciceu Papers-JBS-Nevada Historical Society

Circuit Riders, Inc. Papers-Univ of Oregon

Citizens Committee for Free Cuba Records-Stanford Univ.

Citizens Councils of America Literature-Univ of Arkansas

Citizens Councils of America-Univ of MS

Kit Clardy Papers-Michigan State Univ.

Leon R. Clausen Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

James W. Clise Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

James William Cole Papers-East Carolina Univ.

Kenneth W. Colegrove Papers-Northwestern Univ.

Collection of Material About Prejudices-UCLA

Conservative and Libertarian Materials - Politics & Social Activism in Special Collections - Research Guides at University of Oregon Libraries

Conservative Literature-UC Davis

Conservative Viewpoint-Richard Cotten-Stanford Univ.

Bayliss Corbett Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Lawrence V. Cott Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Counterattack Research Files-NY University

Helen Courtois Papers-Univ of Kansas

Earnest Sevier Cox Papers-Duke Univ.

Calvin F. Craig Papers-KKK-Emory Univ.

Lucille Cardin Crain Papers-Univ of Oregon

Ida M. Darden Papers-Houston Public Library

Kenneth H. DeCourcy Papers-Stanford Univ.

Pedro A. Del Valle-Oral History-Columbia Univ.

Pedro A. Del Valle Papers-Univ of Oregon

Lawrence Dennis Papers-Stanford Univ.

Robert B. DePugh Interview-Wisconsin Historical Society

Ralph de Toledano Papers-Boston Univ.

Ralph de Toledano Papers-Stanford Univ.

Sara Diamond Collection-UC Berkeley

Brice P. Disque Papers-Univ of Oregon

Brice P. Disque Papers-Univ of Washington

Robert Donner Collection-Abilene Christian Univ.

Frank J. Donner Papers on HCUA-Tamiment Library

Frank J. Donner Papers-Yale Univ.

Slobodan M. Draskovich Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Robert B. Dresser Papers-Stanford Univ.

Robert B. Dresser Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Eagle Forum Collection-Eagle Forum

Ed Ewing Oral History Collection-Alabama Dept of Archives-History

Extreme Right Wing Orgs Printed Matter-Brown Univ

Extremist Book Collection-UCLA

Finding Aid-Collection of Underground, Alternative and Extremist Literature-UCLA

FBI HQ File on Extremist Informants-NARA

Bonner Fellers Papers-Stanford Univ.

Firing Line TV Program-Stanford Univ.

John T. Flynn Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Freedom Forum Records-Pepperdine Univ.

Amos A. Fries Papers-Univ of Oregon

David A. Garrity Papers-Stanford Univ.

Wesley C. George Papers-Univ of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

Elmer Gertz Papers-JBS-Northwestern Univ

Benjamin Gitlow Papers-Univ of North Carolina

Robert A. Goldberg Papers-Univ of Utah

Goldmark Trial Papers-Washington State Univ

Barry Goldwater Papers-Arizona State Univ.

Guide to the Barry Goldwater Papers-Cornell Univ

William J. Grede Papers-JBS-Wisc Historical Society

Edward W. Greenfield Papers-Library of Congress

Group Research Inc. Papers-Columbia Univ.

Gwartney Anti-Communist Collection-San Diego State Univ.

J. Evetts Haley Oral History-Texas Tech Univ.

J. Evetts Haley papers-Texas Tech Univ.

Gordon Hall-Grace Hall Collection-XR-Brown Univ.

Hall-Hoag Extremist Literature Finding Aid-Brandeis Univ.

Jean Hardisty Papers-Radcliffe College

Billy James Hargis Papers-Univ of Arkansas

F.A. Harper Papers-Stanford Univ.

Roy Vincent Harris Papers-Univ of Georgia

Merwin K. Hart Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

The Hate Brokers-video-Missouri State Univ.

A.G. Heinsohn Papers-JBS-Univ of Oregon

Ashley Holden Papers-Univ of Oregon

Frank E. Holman Papers-Univ. of Oregon

H.L. Hunt-Michigan State Univ.

Walter Huss Papers-Univ of Oregon

B. Edwin Hutchison Papers-Stanford Univ.

James C. Ingebretsen Papers-Library of Congress

James C. Ingebretsen Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Debate on John Birch Society-Bedau and Eichart

Guide to the Anti-Defamation League John Birch Society Collection

John Birch Society Collection-Pasadena Museum of History

John Birch Society-Dunn County ND

John Birch Society Pamphlets-Brown Univ.

John Birch Society Records--Brown University

John Birch Society Sound Recordings Collection-Emory Univ.

John Birch Society--UCLA-Mellon collection

Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles-Cal State Northridge

Jim Johnson Papers-Arkansas History Commission

Phyllis Johnson Papers-Univ of Kansas

Walter Henry Judd Papers-Stanford Univ.

Verne P. Kaub Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Vivien Kellems Papers-Univ of Connecticut

Willmoore Kendall Papers-Stanford Univ.

Stetson Kennedy Collection-NYC Public Library

Tyler Gatewood Kent Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Tyler Gatewood Kent Papers-Yale Univ.

Howard Eldred Kershner Papers-Univ of Oregon

Kiev Foundation Pamphlet Collection-George Washington Univ.

James J. Kilpatrick Papers--Univ of Virginia

Willford Isbell King Papers-Univ of Oregon

Russell Kirk Papers-Central Michigan Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Collection-Ball State University

Ku Klux Klan Collection-Duke Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Collection-Michigan State Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Collection-Univ. of MS

KKK Digital Collection-Michigan State Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Organizations Printed Matter-Brown Univ.

Ku Klux Klan Records-Univ of NC-Chapel Hill

Ben Klassen Papers-Univ of Montana

Granville F. Knight Papers=Univ. of Oregon

Knox Collection of Extremist Literature-Univ of MS

Alfred Kohlberg Papers-Stanford Univ.

Rosalind Kress Haley Collection-Eagle Forum

Arthur Bliss Lane Papers-Yale Univ.

Thomas A. Lane Papers-Stanford Univ.

William LaVarre Papers-Stanford Univ.

J. Bracken Lee Papers-Univ of Utah

Robert LeFevre Papers-Univ of Oregon

Isaac Don Levine Papers-Emory Univ.

Fulton Lewis Jr. Papers-Syracuse Univ.

Marx Lewis Papers-Stanford Univ.

Marvin Liebman Papers-Stanford Univ.

Joseph P. Lightburn Papers-West VA-Regional History Collection

Franklin H. Littell Papers-IAD-Temple Univ

Myers G. Lowman Papers-Stanford Univ.

Sumter Lowry Papers-Univ of South Florida

Eugene Lyons Papers-Stanford Univ.

Eugene Lyons Papers-Univ of Oregon

Lester Maddox Papers-Atlanta History Center

Lester Maddox Speech-Press Files-Univ of Georgia

George F. Malone Collection-Anti-Communist and Right Wing-UC Berkeley

Clarence Manion Papers-Chicago History Museum

Clarence Manion Papers-Univ of Notre Dame

William Martin Religious Right Research-Rice Univ.

James N. Mason Collection-Univ of Kansas

J.B. Matthews Papers-Duke Univ.

Joseph R. McCarthy Papers-Marquette Univ.

Wes McCune Papers-Harry S Truman Library

Bert MacDonald Papers-Huntington Library

Lawrence P. McDonald-Western Goals-Kennesaw State Univ.

Gale W. McGee Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Halsey McGovern Papers-JBS-Library of Congress

Carl McIntire Collection-Univ of Michigan

Carl McIntire Manuscript Collection-Princeton Theological Seminary

Francis J, McNamara Papers-George Mason Univ.

Donald R. McNeil Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Margaret Meier Collection on Extreme Right-Stanford Univ

Kenneth J. Merkel Papers-JBS-Wisconsin Historical Society

John C. Metcalfe Papers-Stanford Univ.

Frank S. Meyer Papers-Stanford Univ.

Midwest Research Inc.-Michigan State Univ

Mark Monday Papers--Minutemen

Minutemen: Rise of the Militia Movement in America, 1963-1969-FBI files 47,854pp

Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records--MS Dept of Archives

William V. Moore Papers-College of Charleston

Stanley F. Morse Papers-South Caroliniana Library

Sterling Morton Papers-JBS-Chicago History Museum

George Van Horn Moseley Papers-Library of Congress

William C. Mullendore Papers-Univ of Oregon

Eustace Mullins Papers-Duke Univ.

National Republic Magazine Records-Stanford Univ.

National Socialist League Collection-ONE Natl Gay-Lesbian Archives

National Socialist League Papers-Russell Veh-Univ of Southern Calif

NSWPP Printed Material-Duke Univ.

Neo-Nazi Printed Matter-Brown Univ.

Neo-Nazi Printed Matter-Stanford Univ.

Network of Patriotic Letter Writers-Michigan State Univ

Non-Sectarian Anti-Nazi League Papers-Columbia Univ.

NY Joint Legislative Committee-Seditious Activities-NY State Archives

Revilo P. Oliver File--Univ of Illinois

Norman Olson Papers-Mich Militia-Univ of Michigan

Edmund A. Opitz Papers-Library of Congress

Edmund Opitz Papers-Univ of Oregon

J. Charles Park Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Frank A. Parker Papers-XR in 1940's-Wayne State Univ.

Charles Parsons Papers-Yale Univ.

Westbrook Pegler Papers-Syracuse Univ.

Lee R. Pennington Papers-Stanford Univ.

People For the American Way Papers-UC Berkeley

J. Howard Pew Papers-Hagley Museum

Herbert A. Philbrick Papers-Library of Congress

Evelyn Phillips Anti-Communist Collection-Reagan Library

Political Research Associates Archive

Ezra Pound Papers-Library of Congress

Public Eye-Studying the Right

Frank Purinton Papers-Univ. of Oregon

Radical Extremist Literature-Library of Congress

Radical Right Collection-Stanford Univ

Radical Right Collection-Univ of Massachusetts-Amherst

Florence Ranuzzi Papers-Huntington Library

Thomas C. Reeves Research Files-Wisconsin Historical Society

Henry Regnery Papers-Stanford Univ.

George E. Rennar Papers-Library of Congress

Research Collection for Conservative-Libertarian Studies-Univ of OR

Research Papers-Univ of Michigan

George S. Richardson Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Eddie Rickenbacker Papers-Library of Congress

Maurice Ries Manuscript on HUAC-Tulane Univ.

Arch Roberts Papers-Univ of Oregon

William A. Roberts Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

George W. Robnett Papers-Stanford Univ.

George Washington Robnett Papers-Univ of Kansas

George W. Robnett Papers-Univ of Oregon

George Lincoln Rockwell Speech-Michigan State Univ.

Herbert Romerstein Papers-Stanford Univ.

E. Merrill Root Papers-Univ. of Oregon

John Rousselot Papers-Univ of Southern California

Polly King Ruhtenberg Papers-Univ of Oregon

Edward M. Greb Papers-Univ of KS

Edward A. Rumely Papers-Univ of Oregon

William A. Rusher Papers-Library of Congress

William A. Rusher Oral Interview-Northwestern Univ.

Right-Wing Alliances, Coalitions-Brown Univ.

Right-Wing Independent Pamphleteers-Brown Univ.

Right-Wing Issues-Brown Univ

Right Wing Pamphlet Collection-Yale Univ.

Right Wing Political Collection-Univ of Georgia

Right Wing Political Pamphlets-Univ of Southern California

Right Wing Publications-Cornell Univ.

Right-Wing Publishers-Brown Univ

Right Wing Radical Pamphlets-Univ of Montana

Right Wing Radicalism Collection-Univ of Montana

Morrie Ryskind Papers-Wisconsin Historical Society

Eugene Sanctuary Papers-Univ of Kansas

Fred Schlafly Collection-Eagle Forum

Phyllis Schlafly Collection-Eagle Forum

Phyllis Schlafly Oral Interview-Stanford Univ.

John G. Schmitz Papers-JBS-Wichita State Univ.

George S. Schuyler Papers-Syrcause Univ.

Robert E. Scoggin Papers-KKK-Univ of North Carolina

Segregation and Communism Pamphlets-Univ of Arkansas

Marjorie O. Shearon Papers-Library of Congress

Marjorie O. Shearon Papers-Univ of Oregon

Abraham Shoenfeld Papers-American Jewish Historical Society

Silver Shirt Legion-Washington State-Univ of Washington

Gerald L.K. Smith Early Years-Columbia Univ.

Gerald L.K. Smith Papers-Univ of Michigan

Gerald L.K. Smith Publications-Arkansas History Commission

Gerald L.K. Smith Solicitation Letters-Central Michigan Univ.

John Howland Snow Papers-Library of Congress

John Howland Snow Papers-Univ of Oregon

Social Credit Papers-Univ of Queensland

Social Movements Collection-Univ of Virginia

Southern Poverty Law Center Papers-XR-Duke Univ.

Keith Stimely Collection-XR-Univ of Oregon

Jeremiah Stokes Papers-Brigham Young Univ.

Willis E. Stone Papers-Univ. of Oregon

J.B. Stoner Collection-Univ of Kansas

J. B. Stoner Gubernatorial Campaign Collection-Univ of KS

J.B. Stoner Oral Interview-Michigan Stte Univ.

Thomas More Storke Papers-JBS-UC Berkeley

Wesley A. Swift Speeches-Wisc Historical Society

Marcius E. Taber Papers-Univ of Michigan

Robert A. Taft Papers-Library of Congress

Jack B. Tenney Oral History-UC-Berkeley

Arthur W. Terminiello Papers-Univ of Notre Dame

H. Keith Thompson Papers-Stanford Univ.

Strom Thurmond Papers--Library of Congress

Lawrence Timbers Papers-Univ of Oregon

Eckard V. Toy Jr. Papers-Duke Univ.

John B. Trevor, Jr. Papers-Univ. of Michigan

Harold S. Tuttle Papers--JBS-Wisc Historical Society

United Klans of America-Indiana State Library

United Klans of America Papers-Michigan State Univ.

Ross Upton Papers-XR-Univ of Wyoming

Freda Utley Papers-Stanford Univ.

Ralph Van Deman Papers-Stanford Univ.

Earl B. Vanfleet Papers-Brigham Young Univ

Lyrl Clark Van Hyning Papers-Loyola Univ.-Chicago

George S. Viereck Papers-Univ of Iowa

Friedrich A. Von Hayek Papers-Stanford Univ.

Wyn Craig Wade Ku Klux Klan Collection-Michigan State Univ.

George C. Wallace Papers-Alabama Dept of Archives-History

James K. Warner Collection-Univ of Wyoming

Dennis Warren Collection--GL Rockwell Speeches-Stanford Univ

Vernon Orval Watts Papers-Stanford Univ.

Albert C. Wedemeyer Papers-Stanford Univ.

Paul M. Weyrich Papers-Library of Congress

Paul M. Weyrich Papers-Univ. of Wyoming

Charles White Americanism Collection-Portland State Univ.

Grace Wick Papers-Oregon Historical Society

Laird M. Wilcox Papers-Univ of Kansas

Wilcox Collection-Univ of Kansas

Bill Wilkinson Bankruptcy Papers-KKK-Univ of KS

J.D. Williams Papers-JBS-Skousen-Univ of Utah

Charles Andrew Willoughby Papers-Stanford Univ.

Wes Willoughby Papers-UC Berkeley

Gerald B. Winrod Collection-Library of Congress

Loyd Wright Papers-Stanford Univ.

Young Americans For Freedom Papers-Stanford Univ.

Eve J. Zink Papers-Univ of Wyoming

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Several years ago, I created an annotated webpage to describe the Archives around our country which would be pertinent to anyone who plans to research the conservative and extreme right movements in our country.

https://sites.google.com/site/ernie124102/archives

I now am in the process of revising and greatly expanding my Archives list. The following links might be of interest to you. Many of the listed individuals are discussed in Dr. Caufield's book.

Most of these links are the personal papers of right-wing figures which are archived at various colleges and universities as well as state historical societies and other institutions in our country. Some links are collections of right-wing or extreme right publications, or oral interviews of key figures, or other useful data.

When I am totally finished, I hope to provide notes regarding the scope of each collection (number of boxes or microfilm reels), plus provide a link to a finding aid if one exists.

Because many of the invidiuals in your Right-wing archive, Ernie, have indeed been mentioned in Dr. Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy; the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), this online Archive that you freely provide is a useful resource for research in US history.

Such a large project takes a huge amount of time -- after the data is finally gathered and sorted, annotating the documents is another time-consuming task. Yet at the end, its benefits can be widely recognized.

In the context of this thread about Caufield's new book alleging that Ex-General Walker played a leading role in the JFK assassination, organizing the data is just getting started. The 900-page book by Caufield revealed new data that the CT community has not seen in over 50 years. Yet this is only the beginning.

I recommend that Caufield's readers pause after chapter 16 of Caufield's new book, and insert further information about George DeMohrenschildt -- the Dallas society guy who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in Forth Worth and Dallas in late 1962 and early 1963. George De Mohrenschildt also testified for the Warren Commission.

IMHO, George plays a much larger role in the Walker shooting case than anybody has ever before proposed (including Caufield).

Instead, Caufield resorts to the 1970's invention by Gary Wean of Walker's alleged "Fake Assassination Attempt." For Caufield, Walker faked his own assassination attempt, then months later he recruited his followers to Fake the JFK assassination -- getting things in motion so that the actual killers could quickly run in and out.

This "Fake Assassination Attempt" theory has appeared several times in the past 40 years, starting with Gary Wean, and moving through Don De Lillo and many others.

Caufield, IMHO, reaches too far toward that theory because he lacks further data about the Radical Right. That is, even more data about Ex-General Walker is needed, beyond this new book by Dr. Jeff Caufield. I have begun to extend this with my own Smashwords offering about Ex-General Edwin Walker.

The connection between Joseph Milteer with Ex-General Walker and Guy Banister is the true core of the JFK plot -- and Jeff Caufield has solidified this better than anybody else in the past fifty years. Caufield's work sets all CIA-did-it theories, all LBJ-did-it theories and all Mafia-did-it theories, in the shade.

Yet with such a solid possession, it is too bad that Caufield had to resort to Gary Wean's "Fake Assassination Attempt" theory. We really need to re-examine George De Mohrenschildt in connection with Oswald to understand the real relationship between Ex-General Walker and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Walker and Oswald weren't pals.

Instead, turn to George DeMohrenshildt, and his 1978 book, I'm a Patsy, I'm a Patsy!, and recognize the tools and motivations that Lee Harvey Oswald held in his participation in the plot to murder Ex-General Walker. In this effort, George De Mohrenschildt played the leading role.

Given this scenario, then, Ex-General Walker sought revenge against Lee Harvey Oswald -- and lived for the day when LHO would go down as the Patsy of the JFK murder.

The KKK, the White Citizens Councils, the States Rights Parties, the Minutemen, the JBS -- these folks were always in the background as Walker's entourage. LHO was in the foreground with Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Jack S. Martin, Fred Crisman and Terry Beckham -- all Fake CIA Agents playing around NOLA with their Fake FPCC chapter.

Yet NOLA didn't lead the plot to Kill JFK (as Jim Garrison worried), rather, NOLA only led the plot to sheep-dip LHO in newspaper, radio and TV -- and at the Cuban and USSR Embassies in Mexico City. NOLA was in a great position to do this, because NOLA had the deep focus of invading Cuba and killing Fidel Castro. Guy Banister and Ex-General Walker ran in the same crowds there in the South.

Instead, Dallas led the plot to Kill JFK. Dallas was the leader of NOLA. Jim Garrison missed this.

IMHO, the Radical Right Wing would openly boast about the JFK assassination -- if only they were allowed. After all, in their political opinion, they were doing the patriotic thing.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo