The Education Forum

New Book!

I sent the following message (and attachment) to Paul Trejo this morning.

=========================================================================

Paul:

I can't remember if I ever sent this to you previously.  

If I did not -- then it should settle, once and for all, our dispute regarding whether or not Harry Dean ever described himself in terms which would be interpreted by any layperson as meaning that he was working for (and at the direction of) the FBI as an "undercover" operative -- as opposed to merely providing unsolicited information to the FBI whenever he felt like it.  

More significantly, Harry chose when and how he preferred to convey his information (i.e. phone, letter, or in person) -- which is NOT the methodology employed by the FBI when it asks someone to become their informant (or undercover operative).

Obviously, persons who provide UNSOLICITED information do NOT bother to create a notarized affidavit about their alleged contacts with the FBI because there is no reason to do so.

The ONLY possible context for this affidavit by Harry was to assert that he was working FOR, and at the request and direction of, the FBI in "various subversive and/or questionable organizations and groups"  -  which is precisely what the word "informant" means.

As Wikipedia correctly describes it:

"An informant (also called an informer), is a person who provides privileged information about a person or organization to an agency. The term is usually used within the law enforcement world, where they are officially known as confidential or criminal informants (CI)..."

Dean Affidavit 1975.pdf

Edited by Ernie Lazar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie,

We covered this question years ago.   We are all well aware of the definition of the word, "informant," and how the FBI strictly defines the terms in their internal jargon.

We also agree that Harry Dean was never an FBI agent, a CIA agent, or even a regular, paid informant of the FBI.

Harry Dean, however, was a concerned citizen who regularly called the FBI with his alarmist messages about Communists and Fidel Castro.   We know this because there were some FBI agents who complained about Harry Dean.

This is all granted -- although this data does not exclude Harry Dean's claim that he told the FBI about General Walker and the JBS plot to assassinate JFK, as he claimed to me.

Harry Dean was never an FBI informer -- or an FBI agent, or a CIA agent, as W.R. Morris falsely wrote for many years.  Harry Dean didn't even attend high school -- he was in the US Navy at a very young age. 

Like many Americans -- including Frank Sturgis, Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall -- Harry Dean chose in 1959 to support Fidel Castro.  Harry did this by raising funds for Fidel, in and around Chicago.  For his successful efforts, Harry Dean was made an honorary member of Fidel Castro's 26th of July Movement.  

By 1960 many supporters of Fidel Castro were outraged by Fidel's turn in politics and his persecution of American supporters.  Yet Harry Dean decided to stay inside the FPCC, and to report -- independently, as a concerned citizen -- to the FBI.

Soon, Harry Dean was made into a Secretary of the FPCC in Chicago.  This is a matter of public record.  In this capacity, Harry Dean continued to supply information to the FBI -- even if the FBI never wanted it.  It was given to them free of charge.

This is what Harry Dean told me, and this is what the record shows.

Nobody is claiming that Harry Dean was an official "informant" for the FBI, because that is an internal, technical term that the FBI controls very carefully.

Insofar as W.R. Morris would go around the country spreading lies about Harry Dean -- that Harry was both an FBI agent and a CIA agent -- this greatly confused the issue for decades.  Harry Dean himself became caught up in it, and the terminology was compromised here and there over the first several decades after the JFK assassination -- of that I have no doubt.

Nevertheless, Harry Dean's honest account to me has cleared up the record.  Harry Dean today admits honestly that he was never an official FBI informant.

That should be enough for anybody.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

We covered this question years ago.   We are all well aware of the definition of the word, "informant," and how the FBI strictly defines the terms in their internal jargon.

We also agree that Harry Dean was never an FBI agent, a CIA agent, or even a regular, paid informant of the FBI.

Harry Dean, however, was a concerned citizen who regularly called the FBI with his alarmist messages about Communists and Fidel Castro.   We know this because there were some FBI agents who complained about Harry Dean.

This is all granted -- although this data does not exclude Harry Dean's claim that he told the FBI about General Walker and the JBS plot to assassinate JFK, as he claimed to me.

Harry Dean was never an FBI informer -- or an FBI agent, or a CIA agent, as W.R. Morris falsely wrote for many years.  Harry Dean didn't even attend high school -- he was in the US Navy at a very young age. 

Like many Americans -- including Frank Sturgis, Gerry Patrick Hemming and Loran Hall -- Harry Dean chose in 1959 to support Fidel Castro.  Harry did this by raising funds for Fidel, in and around Chicago.  For his successful efforts, Harry Dean was made an honorary member of Fidel Castro's 26th of July Movement.  

By 1960 many supporters of Fidel Castro were outraged by Fidel's turn in politics and his persecution of American supporters.  Yet Harry Dean decided to stay inside the FPCC, and to report -- independently, as a concerned citizen -- to the FBI.

Soon, Harry Dean was made into a Secretary of the FPCC in Chicago.  This is a matter of public record.  In this capacity, Harry Dean continued to supply information to the FBI -- even if the FBI never wanted it.  It was given to them free of charge.

Nobody is claiming that Harry Dean was an official "informant" for the FBI, because that is an internal, technical term that the FBI controls very carefully.

Insofar as W.R. Morris would go around the country spreading lies about Harry Dean -- that Harry was both an FBI agent and a CIA agent -- this greatly confused the issue for decades.  Harry Dean himself became caught up in it, and the terminology was compromised here and there over the first several decades after the JFK assassination -- of that I have no doubt.

Nevertheless, Harry Dean's honest account to me has cleared up the record.  Harry Dean today admits honestly that he was never an official FBI informant.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

It is true that we discussed this years ago but it is NOT true that Harry has EVER publicly acknowledged what you have stated in your message.

Perhaps you are going to tell us that you have had some new conversation with Harry where he admitted to you that he lied all these years about his status??  

1. In 1961, in his letter to JFK, Harry stated about the FBI-Chicago.. "...they ask me to stay in [the FPCC] and pass on all information. I did so gladly, recently they stated I have done a great one-man undercover job against the Fair Play Communists."

2.  In his November 1963 letter to J. Edgar Hoover, Harry described himself as "an undercover agent"

3.  In his December 1964 letter to the Director of the Joe Pyne Program, Harry described how the FBI "ask if I would pass info to them..." and "FBI said best one man undercover informante (sic) job seen…"

4.  In Harry's 11/21/75 affidavit, he wrote about himself that:  

"I was recruited by U.S. National Security Intelligence by their uniquely convincing tactics that assure patriotic service from the right person, in the right place, at the right time." 

In his 1990 self-published memoir Harry wrote: 

"I was recruited by U.S. Intelligence by their uniquely convincing tactics.... { to avoid being indicted as an unregistered agent of a foriegn (sic) government}."

in July 2005, in reply to questions posed to Harry by John Simkin, Harry stated that he was "advising the Bureau as requested" regarding various individuals and groups (my emphasis on "as requested").  Harry also commented that:  "In the time frame of being appointed acting secretary of FPCC {Chicago} I was given the task of entering Cuba to gather information for U.S. Intelligence."

AND in August 2005, Harry made this even more explicit when he declared:

"Re: FBI they always denie [sic] associations with spys/informants for their protection and in my case because in 1965 I blabbed on TV, Radio and newspapers re; spying for the FBI in order to cut loose from that fearful existance of near five year involvement with them and the Cuba waste of life. My main task then was to openly expose the people that I knew, who hastened the death of President Kennedy."

In January 2006, Harry replied to an inquiry by stating:

"Later, when I joined more openly with anti-Castro, anti-Communist persons and groups did I become anti-Kennedy, even while doing assignments for the Feds..."  [my underlining for emphasis]

Here is another example from YOUR message in August 2012.  I underline some key portions:

"Harry became a spy for the FBI at this point, and he used his undercover role to obtain the release of some US citizens from Cuban prisons (although Harry was unable to save them all). Harry Dean provided useful information to the FBI in those days.

In 1960, says Harry, the FBI gave him a further request -- to spy on the JBS (John Birch Society) in Southen California, and to send the FBI any seditionist information that he picked up. (By the way, we know the FBI had already spied on the JBS in 1959, because Hoover declared them Unamerican in 1959, and set a policy that no FBI agent could ever become a member of the JBS.)

Furthermore, YOU wrote in April 2012 that:

"By 1962, Harry Dean had successfully completed a mission for the FBI as an undercover agent investigating and reporting on Fidel Castro in Cuba. Now, in 1963, Harry Dean was on a mission for the FBI as an undercover agent investigating and reporting on the John Birch Society in Southern California."  [my underlining for emphasis]

Harry has also REPEATEDLY written that he was a "political spy" for the FBI and in his 1966 flyer captioned "I Confess" Harry described himself as "an undercover informant to the FBI". 

ALL of these descriptive terms (i.e. asked me, recruited by, requested, given the task of, spying for, undercover informant, political spy, doing assignments for, etc.) have only one normal customary meaning in the context of contacts with the FBI or with intelligence agencies generally -- namely, that Harry was claiming he was an INFORMANT for U.S. intelligence agencies (FBI and CIA).

Consequently, Paul, your message is entirely mistaken.

AND -- as I have previously pointed out numerous times, you continually (even in this message) FALSELY attempt to link W.R. Morris to this fraudulent story BY HARRY.   As shown above, one can TOTALLY ignore EVERYTHING ever written by Morris and just QUOTE HARRY'S OWN COMMENTS to establish his dishonesty over the past 5 decades.

LASTLY -- with respect to this comment by you:

"Nevertheless, Harry Dean's honest account to me has cleared up the record.  Harry Dean today admits honestly that he was never an official FBI informant."

WHEN and WHERE did Harry publicly and "honestly" acknowledge that he was never an FBI informant?  

WHEN and WHERE did Harry publicly acknowledge that he was NOT (as he has always previously claimed) "recruited by", OR "requested" by OR "given the task of", OR "spying for"  the FBI or CIA?

BY HARRY'S OWN WRITTEN WORDS HE MEETS EVERY TEST FOR AN "OFFICIAL" INFORMANT

1.  He was "recruited" (i.e. ASKED)

2.  He was "assigned by internal security intelligence..."  (i.e. INSTRUCTED)

3.  He was "assigned the task of entering Cuba to gather information for U.S. intelligence"  (i.e. AUTHORIZED)

4.  He was given specific duties (on a continuous basis over a LONG period of time, i.e. 1960-1965)

5.  Furthermore, Harry even wrote that he was "paid expenses" by U.S. intelligence agencies

As I have repeatedly told you --- there is NO example of Harry EVER correcting the record regarding his association with "U.S. intelligence agencies".

INCIDENTALLY:

If you ARE going to tell us that you have had some new conversation with Harry where he has now acknowledged his dishonesty over all these years -- then are YOU going to publicly apologize TO ME for all of your numerous messages where you maligned my character and integrity just because I pointed out, factually, that Harry was NOT what he claimed?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul---In the interest of complete historical accuracy as well as intellectual honesty, why don't you contact Harry and ask him to post a definitive message in this thread where he acknowledges, once and for all, that he was NEVER an informant or undercover operative for any U.S. intelligence agency? 

In addition, he should candidly state that his ONLY contacts with "intelligence agencies" were when HE decided to contact them to provide UNSOLICITED information AND Harry should also admit that he has no idea whatsoever what was done with any of the information he may have given them --- just like no other individuals knows what our intelligence agencies do with unsolicited information.

Lastly, this would also be a good opportunity for Harry to acknowledge that he did NOT have conversations with Wesley Grapp in the summer of 1963.  He might want to state that he was confused because he DID have one or two conversations with a Los Angeles FBI Agent whose last name was "Rapp" --- but, again, Harry should acknowledge that his contacts with Rapp were entirely unsolicited, i.e. neither the FBI (or the CIA) ever gave Harry ANY "assignments" nor did they ever ask Harry to do anything other than what those agencies always tell everybody who contacts them -- namely, that they will accept anything which a citizen (or even a foreign national) wants to present.

Ernie,

All of the objections you cited can be attributed to Harry's lack of education -- to his unfamiliarity with the technical terms used by the FBI.

After all, some people could conflate giving the FBI information with being an "informant."  It is within Webster's definition of "informant," even though it is strictly against the FBI definition of "informant."

You seem to be making mountains out of molehills.

As for asking Harry Dean to reply to your accusations and charges publicly -- the truth is that Harry has already done that for years, Ernie, and you only take that as another opportunity to slam this honorable and aging US patriot and Navy veteran,  So I sincerely doubt that Harry will respond to your latest request.

More than a half-century ago, Harry Dean believed that he was doing his patriotic duty by bringing all this information about FIdel Castro and the FPCC to the attention of the FBI.  I have no doubt at all that some green FBI agent would have flattered Harry Dean in the process, and that this probably went to Harry's head.

I have no reason to doubt the outline and general substance of Harry Dean's actual participation in the Cuban Revolution, in the 26th of July Movement, in the FPCC in Chigaco, or in the John Birch Society in Southern California, where he befriended Loran Hall and Larry Howard in context of the Minutemen to then attack Fidel Castro's Cuba.

There are just too many others in US Cold War history with a very similar background -- including Frank Sturgis, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and many others.

I have no reason to doubt Harry's recollection of General Walker in Southern California, addressing groups large and small in that bastion of the Radical Right, where the Minutemen were amply supplied with paramilitary provisions.

I have no reason to doubt Harry's recollection of helping to load up Loran Hall's trailer with weapons and medicines for Cuba Invasion groups in New Orleans and Miami.  All of this is supported by historical events that were already laid bare by Jim Garrison before 1968 -- a half-century ago.

I have no reason to doubt that Harry Dean took much of this information to the FBI -- and in fact we have records from the FBI complaining about Harry Dean in the context of "unwanted information."  So, his contact with the FBI is actually guaranteed by the FBI record itself.  (The rest is largely a matter of opinion.)

I think of Harry Dean as one of the last great witnesses of the events leading up to the JFK assassination.  I think a great many members of this FORUM also think of Harry Dean with this respect and admiration.   I don't expect Harry Dean to make a formal reply to you or anybody to defend his biography.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

13 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

All of the objections you cited can be attributed to Harry's lack of education -- to his unfamiliarity with the technical terms used by the FBI.

After all, some people could conflate giving the FBI information with being an "informant."  It is within Webster's definition of "informant," even though it is strictly against the FBI definition of "informant."

You seem to be making mountains out of molehills.

As for asking Harry Dean to reply to your accusations and charges publicly -- the truth is that Harry has already done that for years, Ernie, and you only take that as another opportunity to slam this honorable and aging US patriot and Navy veteran,  So I sincerely doubt that Harry will respond to your latest request.

More than a half-century ago, Harry Dean believed that he was doing his patriotic duty by bringing all this information about FIdel Castro and the FPCC to the attention of the FBI.  I have no doubt at all that some green FBI agent would have flattered Harry Dean in the process, and that this probably went to Harry's head.

I have no reason to doubt the outline and general substance of Harry Dean's actual participation in the Cuban Revolution, in the 26th of July Movement, in the FPCC in Chigaco, or in the John Birch Society in Southern California, where he befriended Loran Hall and Larry Howard in context of the Minutemen to then attack Fidel Castro's Cuba.

There are just too many others in US Cold War history with a very similar background -- including Frank Sturgis, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and many others.

I have no reason to doubt Harry's recollection of General Walker in Southern California, addressing groups large and small in that bastion of the Radical Right, where the Minutemen were amply supplied with paramilitary provisions.

I have no reason to doubt Harry's recollection of helping to load up Loran Hall's trailer with weapons and medicines for Cuba Invasion groups in New Orleans and Miami.  All of this is supported by historical events that were already laid bare by Jim Garrison before 1968 -- a half-century ago.

I have no reason to doubt that Harry Dean took much of this information to the FBI -- and in fact we have records from the FBI complaining about Harry Dean in the context of "unwanted information."  So, his contact with the FBI is actually guaranteed by the FBI record itself.  (The rest is largely a matter of opinion.)

I think of Harry Dean as one of the last great witnesses of the events leading up to the JFK assassination.  I think a great many members of this FORUM also think of Harry Dean with this respect and admiration.   I don't expect Harry Dean to make a formal reply to you or anybody to defend his biography.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Sorry, Paul, but your constant attempts to dismiss and euphemize what Harry did make absolutely no sense.

There are no "technical terms" involved in this matter.  If I say or write that Paul Trejo "recruited me", or "asked me", or "gave me an assignment" to provide him with some information -- what is "technical" about that?

And, furthermore, if somebody comes along and then asks me, point-blank, "were you ever employed by Paul Trejo?"  OR  "Did Paul Trejo instruct you to do something for him"? -- what is "technical" about that?

AND WHY would I ever develop an elaborate fictional story about the sinister and dishonest motives of Paul Trejo -- when Paul truthfully and factually answers all those questions negatively both contemporaneously and in later years?  WHY would I claim that Paul Trejo is persecuting me if he actually just told the truth about my NON-relationship with him?

I have previously acknowledged that Harry could have initially been confused -- but Harry's reply (and yours) was to heap scorn and contempt and ridicule upon me (or anybody) who suggested he was anything other than an FBI "undercover operative" or "agent".  But even that alleged confusion cannot explain the venom which Harry directed against anybody who challenged his story.

YOU have a lot of nerve describing all this as "mountains out of molehills" after your constant attempts to blame and discredit W.R. Morris for ALL of Harry's fabrications.

You then claim Harry has replied "for years" to my accusations and charges.  Nope!  

Harry has always refused to answer obvious questions from me or from anybody who doubted his story.  Instead, he ONLY spoke to people (like yourself) who creduously accepted every word out of his mouth and were willing to spread his lies.

Here is something else you have never explained Paul:

Over the past 50 years, hundreds of thousands (and perhaps millions) of people contacted FBI field offices and/or FBI HQ (by phone, by mail, or in person).  MANY of those people were not well educated.  But can you give us the names of even TWO such individuals who subsequently went on a major decades-long campaign to convince the American public that they were FBI or CIA informants or undercover operatives -- when they were NOT?   JUST TWO???

You do raise a VERY important point however.  

When confronting stories by people who claim to have provided information to "intelligence agencies" over a period of time, one must ALWAYS consider how their ego can color the story they present AND (to use your apt phrase), how some small amount of praise or thanks by some government employee might "go to their head".  

BUT---once it has been demonstrated that someone refuses to correct the record when given numerous opportunities to do so (including during radio and TV interviews---(which, btw, most people don't even get that option to spread their story) then you have to be VERY cautious about any other portion of their "recollections" or "eyewitness" testimony which actually is or may be based upon personal experiences.

It is touching, to say the least, that you "have no reason to doubt Harry's recollection of General Walker in Southern California" -- but, apparently, you have learned nothing from this episode.  Imagine, however, if neither I or anybody else had ever acquired and shared Harry's FBI and CIA files.  You would STILL be believing and promoting a totally false story by claiming that Harry had some kind of special relationship with "intelligence agencies" which gave more gravity and credibility to whatever Harry told you and everyone else.

And just for accuracy:  

We DO NOT have any "records" from the FBI which establish that Harry gave ANY information to the FBI (HQ or southern California) regarding Walker, Galbadon, Rousselot, or the John Birch Society.  NONE. ZERO. ZILCH.    THAT part of your story continues to be based solely upon your child-like credulity.

Lastly, considering that there are HUNDREDS of webpages on Education Forum where Harry's narrative has been repeated over and over again and, furthermore, there are literally SCORES of individuals who have posted messages which have suggested that Harry's narrative should be considered credible --- Harry has a MORAL obligation to post a message stating that he was never any sort of undercover operative or intelligence agent or political spy or whatever term he wants to use for the FBI or CIA.  

Harry can use the opportunity (if he wants to do so) to explain what he believes led him to wrongly conflate providing unsolicited information with becoming an "agent" or "operative" for the FBI and CIA in his mind --- but if he refuses to at least correct the record, then there is absolutely no basis for believing that Harry is an honorable or principled person---regardless of his military service or whatever other attributes you claim for him.  

EVERY parent teaches their children the difference between right and wrong, and between truth and lies, and the obligation to be an honorable person.  This is Harry's last chance to do the right thing -- NOT FOR ME -- but for all those people over the past 50 years who have come into contact with his false narrative.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

BTW Paul -- I noticed this September 24, 2016 comment by you which appeared in another thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23078-new-questions-for-paul-trejo/&page=2

"The real Harry Dean never claimed more than being a voluntary informer for the FBI -- unpaid. Harry Dean confirmed that with me personally."

WHEN AND WHERE did Harry ever state that he was never more than "a voluntary informer for the FBI" ??

Is there some thread here on EF where Harry has made that statement?  OR  does it appear on some other website?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Paul -- this may shock you (as it did me this morning when I did this google search).

When I searched "Harry Dean" and "Kennedy" on google, the result was 602,000 "hits".

When I searched "Harry Dean" and "FBI" on google, the result was 330,000 "hits"

When I searched "Harry Dean" and "CIA" on google, the result was 239,000 "hits"

The "hits" appear in many thousands of different contexts -- ranging from books which mention Harry Dean's story (including Caufield's) as well as websites that discuss Harry's assertions such as deeppoliticsforum.com or jfklancer.com or the coverthistory blog and of course Education Forum and the Mary Ferrell website.  

And some references pertain to Harry's own comments on message boards such as Deep Politics Forum where Harry wrote in May 2016:

"At National Archives and Records Administration there are a total of 173 FBI-CIA confusing, often incorrect records in reference to me. They leave one wondering while most are 'intentionally designed to sink me' as to my relationship with U.S. Intelligence 1960-1965 re: Cuba-JFK et al some of these documents are still withheld as 'SECRET'!  WHY?"

Some of the hits do not pertain to our Harry Dean or they include references to some other person with a similar name such as actor Harry Dean Stanton.

But my point is this:  

The reason why Harry has a moral obligation to correct the historical record is because his name appears in so many different venues and in so many formats that contain absolutely false characerizations of Harry as well as false statements regarding his "recollections".  I noticed, for example, one webpage in 2008 which began one paragraph in their story with the following description:  "According to a 'Harry Dean', a former agent of both the FBI and the CIA..."

So, again, this has absolutely nothing to do with me or with you or about our dispute which began in 2012.  

Nor is the damage which Harry has done limited to the cumulative record up thru January 2017.  

ALL of this false information will continue to be seen for years (if not decades) to come -- long after Harry, you and I have passed.  In fact, even websites which no longer exist are not exempt from being seen because of Internet Archive's "Wayback Machine" which stores hundreds of millions of webpages that can be re-created by entering the original (but now defunct) URL address.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

I imagine that this thread will be dormant until this October when the last JFK-assassination records are released.  When they are released and there is nothing in them pertaining to any "JBS plot" nor anything materially significant about Edwin Walker, Guy Galbadon, John Rousselot, or the John Birch Society, I'm sure (as I have predicted previously) that Paul Trejo will invent some new excuse to explain the absence of confirming evidence for his "theory".  Most likely, it will be that "Top Secret" documents are still being withheld or they were destroyed.

When October comes around, it would be a good opportunity for all contributors to this thread and to the many other threads where Paul Trejo has quoted or referenced Harry Dean's story over the years to reflect upon the thousands of messages and the thousands of assertions and counter-assertions and the personal recriminations which have been part of this debate.

Ultimately, what all this sound and fury comes down to is an epistemological debate.  Epistemology is defined as how we go about arriving at factual knowledge "especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion."

I have maintained from my first message in this discussion (June 2010) that normal rules of evidence and logic could be used to separate fact from fiction.  Paul Trejo (and others) have objected to that idea because using the normal methods of evidence discovery and normal logic is, and always has been, fatal to their arguments.  From the outset, Paul has believed that alleged "eyewitness" testimony is superior to all other forms of evidence.  I have stated, repeatedly, that eyewitness testimony is inherently flawed and often unreliable - and usually changes over time.

From the beginning, Paul declared that he gives "the benefit of the doubt" to alleged "eyewitnesses" who can produce no corrborating contemporaneous documentary (or even other "eyewitness") evidence to establish that their "recollections" are accurate and truthful. That is just how Paul Trejo's mind works.  That is how HE interprets what is reality.

This is why political conspiracy theories can never be falsified -- at least not falsified to the satisfaction of their authors and to their adherents -- because, ultimately, as Paul's methodology reveals --- "truth" becomes an act of faith, i.e. either believing someone who cannot prove what he/she is saying is accurate, truthful and factual OR believing that some hidden or suppressed evidence exists somewhere.   An act of faith is, by definition, subjective and personal -- and not falsifiable.

I hope that readers of this thread and the other threads which discuss Harry Dean's assertions regarding Edwin Walker, Guy Galbadon, and the JBS, will reflect upon all of the disputes which have occurred and then return to Dr. Caufield's book and realize that ANY author can select whatever "evidence" they believe advances their argument.  However, often that argument might be based upon false predicates which undermines rather than proves a point.  Relying upon Paul Trejo's interpretations or Harry Dean's assertions is one example of that.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, Ernie Lazar said:

BTW Paul -- I noticed this September 24, 2016 comment by you which appeared in another thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23078-new-questions-for-paul-trejo/&page=2

"The real Harry Dean never claimed more than being a voluntary informer for the FBI -- unpaid. Harry Dean confirmed that with me personally."

WHEN AND WHERE did Harry ever state that he was never more than "a voluntary informer for the FBI" ??

Is there some thread here on EF where Harry has made that statement?  OR  does it appear on some other website?

Notice that Paul did not answer my question -- probably because Paul just invented his comment from thin air -- and Harry has never made any such statement publicly.

Ernie,

I actually have a day job, and I have been exceptionally busy this semester.  That's the only reason I haven't replied until now.

You continue to ignore my complete explanations about Harry Dean.   There are THOUSANDS of false documents which claim that Harry Dean was an FBI informant, or an FBI agent or a CIA agent, or BOTH.

Harry Dean told me personally that these are all lies.

Harry Dean was a sailor during World War 2.  Then he was a rack jobber.  Then he was a plasterer.  Harry Dean always had a steady job and always took good care of his family.  Harry preferred classical music on the radio.

Harry Dean spent his spare time in 1959 supporting Fidel Castro.  Harry Dean spent his spare time in 1960-1961 reporting to the FBI on Communists in FIdel Castro's movement in the Chicago area.   Whether this was wanted information or not, Harry Dean supplied it.

The origin of the lies that Harry Dean was an official FBI informant, or an FBI agent, or a CIA agent, or BOTH -- which can be independently confirmed -- was the fiction writer, W.R. Morris, in 1965.  Morris made a lot of money with his lies about Harry Dean.  Harry Dean did not make any money on these lies.

I have said this again and again over the past five years on his FORUM, Ernie.  But your mind is made up.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

11 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

I actually have a day job, and I have been exceptionally busy this semester.  That's the only reason I haven't replied until now.

You continue to ignore my complete explanations about Harry Dean.   There are THOUSANDS of false documents which claim that Harry Dean was an FBI informant, or an FBI agent or a CIA agent, or BOTH.

The origin of these lies -- which can be independently confirmed -- was the fiction writer, W.R. Morris, in 1965.  Morris made a lot of money with his lies about Harry Dean.  Harry Dean did not make any money on these lies.

I have said this again and again over the past five years on his FORUM, Ernie.  But your mind is made up.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul- your "explanations" do not conform to available documentary evidence and statements BY Harry.

There might be "thousands" of documents which make false claims about Harry -- but as I have told you repeatedly, you can IGNORE ALL OF THEM and just review Harry's own words.  AGAIN PAUL -- FORGET EVERYTHING EXCEPT HARRY'S OWN WORDS.  STOP trying to change the subject and using misdirection to confuse people.

YOU claim Harry told you something "personally".  THAT IS IRRELEVANT.  The relevant question is WHY hasn't Harry made a CLEAR statement publicly YEARS AGO?

W.R. Morris is also TOTALLY IRRELEVANT.  STOP USING MORRIS as your disinformation ploy.  Just focus upon Harry's own words.

My mind is only "made up" because of what HARRY HAS SAID OR WRITTEN ABOUT HIMSELF.

Read that last sentence again Paul.  Focus EXCLUSIVELY upon what HARRY has written or said himself -- NOT on anything else.  STOP misrepresenting our dispute!!

Edited by Ernie Lazar

13 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

Harry Dean was a sailor during World War 2.  Then he was a rack jobber.  Then he was a plasterer.  Harry Dean always had a steady job and always took good care of his family.  Harry preferred classical music on the radio.

Harry Dean spent his spare time in 1959 supporting Fidel Castro.  Harry Dean spent his spare time in 1960-1961 reporting to the FBI on Communists in FIdel Castro's movement in the Chicago area.   Whether this was wanted information or not, Harry Dean supplied it.

The origin of the lies that Harry Dean was an official FBI informant, or an FBI agent, or a CIA agent, or BOTH -- which can be independently confirmed -- was the fiction writer, W.R. Morris, in 1965.  Morris made a lot of money with his lies about Harry Dean.  Harry Dean did not make any money on these lies.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

I certainly can quote Jeff Caufield in this context -- but for now I will rely on my personal correspondence with Jeff Caufield.  In fact, it was Harry Dean himself who introduced me to Jeff Caufield back in 2013.  

Jeff Caufield was the first to share with me the official FBI file number for Harry Dean -- just in case anybody doubted that the FBI never wrote about Harry Dean.   Jeff shared many other FBI files with me as well, over the years.   I shared with him my findings about General Walker over the years, too.

Jeff Caufield told me that he was convinced that Harry Dean was an honest person -- although what confused issues initially was all the lies printed about Harry Dean by W.R. Morris going back to the early 1960's.   When Jeff finally contacted Harry, he was surprised to learn that Harry never claimed to be an FBI agent or a CIA agent, or even an official informant of the FBI.

Instead, Harry Dean affirmed that he was originally a supporter of Fidel Castro in 1959, a member of the 26th of July Movement, then a Secretary of the FPCC, and then he turned against Fidel Castro, and would tell the FBI everything he knew about the FPCC and its individual members and activities.

Now -- Harry Dean did initially believe that this informal sharing of information could be described as being an "Informant," and he was not aware that the FBI reserved that term for people with restricted contracts in the FBI.   So there was some initial confusion about terms.

Yet Harry Dean was very clear to Jeff Caufield -- he was a private citizen -- a patriot -- a whistle-blower -- and if the FBI didn't want his information, it was at least his duty to share it, for what it was worth.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I posted the following replies to Paul in another thread but it also pertains to Paul's current message in this thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul -- I will not dwell upon this but your assertion in paragraph #2 that Harry never claimed to be an FBI agent or even an official informant of the FBI is categorically false as I have proven, beyond dispute, by quoting NOT Morris but by quoting Harry's own words.  

Furthermore, as a consequence of how HARRY described himself repeatedly since the 1960's many people who came into contact with him described him as an agent or undercover operative because that was what HARRY wanted them to believe!

You always attempt to create a straw-man argument by appending the word "official" to the word "informant".   BUT NONE of our intelligence agencies uses the phrase "official informant".  

That description is entirely a DELIBERATE FABRICATION BY YOU to confuse the debate over what Harry has ALWAYS said about himself.  

A long time ago I pointed out that JBS founder, Robert Welch, attempted to create a similar bogus straw-man argument when he was interviewed on Meet The Press.  Welch declared (solemnly) that he never called President Eisenhower a "card-carrying Communist" -- as if THAT was the basis of the controversy over Welch's remarks.  Every serious person knew that the Communist Party stopped issuing cards to its members in the 1940's so Welch's transparent ploy was to deny something that was not even in dispute.

YOU are using the exact same type of bogus argument with respect to Harry.  

From the very first record we have regarding how Harry described himself, he ALWAYS used EVERY conceivable linguistic trick to convey the (false) impression that he had some kind of official connection to our intelligence agencies.  THAT is why he constantly sought publicity for his story -- because ONLY by claiming some official capacity would his story have ANY sort of credibility.

As I wrote to you in February 2016 -- when I summarized ALL the terms which HARRY used to describe himself:

1.  Harry was NOT an FBI "informant”

2.  Harry was NOT an FBI "political spy"

3.  Harry was NOT an FBI "street informant"

4.  Harry was NOT an FBI "undercover agent" (whether "official" or "unofficial")

5.  Harry was NOT an FBI "undercover operative" (whether "official" or "unofficial ")

6.  Harry was NOT an FBI "official paid informant" nor a "paid informant"

[BUT Harry did claim that he was "paid expenses" by at least one of our intelligence agencies—which....

(a) would require authorization AND

(b)  that authorization would produce paperwork to document exactly what "expenses" Harry was being paid for AND

(c)  Harry would have been required to report that income on his state and federal income tax returns...AND,

(d)  Most importantly, if Harry WAS actually paid expenses THEN given FBI protocols, such a payment would mean that Harry was what Paul thinks is some sort of an indicator for being an "official informant"].  We can logically conclude that Harry lied about being "paid expenses" since there is NO record of any such payments or authorizations for payments or requests for such payments anywhere AND Harry has never produced copies of any of his income tax returns to document any such payments.

7.  Harry was NOT a "private investigator" (whether "official" or "unofficial")

8.  Harry did NOT "investigate" anything for the FBI (whether "officially" or "unofficially" )

9.  Harry was NOT an FBI "double agent" (YOUR FALSE description of him in November 2012)

10.  In 1962, Harry was NOT (as he falsely claimed in 2006) "involved with the Bureau in gathering political and subversive intelligence information."

11.  Harry was NOT "a former U.S. intelligence informant" (as HARRY described himself in November 2007)

12.  Harry was NOT a "U.S. intelligence...infiltration operative/informant" (as Harry described himself in September 2011)

13.  Harry was NOT "operating underground for the FBI, spying on the JBS in Southern California" (your FALSE description of him in March 2012)

Lastly, as I have pointed out REPEATEDLY, Harry has NEVER ONCE publicly stated what YOU now claim is his current position or description of himself.

THERE IS NOTHING ON THE PUBLIC RECORD TO SUPPORT PAUL's CONTENTIONS!

UNLESS AND UNTIL HARRY POSTS A CLEAR, DEFINITIVE, UNAMBIGUOUS MESSAGE CORRECTING ALL OF HIS FALSE STATEMENTS OVER THE DECADES (see partial list above), there is absolutely NO REASON to believe PAUL's attempt to whitewash Harry's deliberate deceptions.

Important Postscript re: "Paid Expenses"

For any reader who wants more information regarding this controversy over Harry's self-descriptions over the past 5 decades -- please consider this:

The FBI gave ALL of its 56 field offices extremely detailed instructions regarding IF, WHEN, and HOW any monetary payments could be made to individuals who provided information to the FBI.  The specific instructions were contained in both the Bureau's "Manual of Instructions" AND in various SAC Letters sent to the Special Agents in Charge of all field offices.

The process of making payments to somebody would always BEGIN as follows (and see Delmar Dennis memos link below):

1.  The SAC of a field office would prepare a summary memo to FBI HQ about their asset (i.e. the person to whom they wanted to pay money for expenses and/or for intelligence information).

2. "Expenses" could be for travel (personal vehicle mileage or rental car or train or bus ticket etc) OR for cost of staying at a hotel/motel, OR for copies of publications OR for membership fees OR for photocopying expenses or for a lot of other things.

3.  AFTER the SAC summarized the reasons for why the field office wanted to pay someone for "expenses" -- the SAC also had to explain why the proposed payment(s) were justified.  For example:  was there no other way to obtain that information without incurring so much expense?  AND was the person who was going to receive money considered to be stable, reliable, and likely to keep his/her mouth shut and not embarrass the Bureau?

4.  THEN--the field office had to await the decision of HQ Supervisors who reviewed the field office request.  HQ could agree to everything proposed OR it could reduce the amount requested OR it could just deny the field office request entirely.

5.  AFTER a field office got permission to pay "expenses" or pay for "services rendered", (usually a weekly stipend) THEN the field office SAC had to prepare another report to HQ to summarize what information was received AND then evaluate how reliable it was (such as by comparing anything recd to information received from other informants or compare it to other methods by which the FBI obtained information -- such as mail covers, trash covers, black bag jobs, military intelligence agencies, etc.

6.  IF ALL THIS was not enough -- the field office also had to prepare a quarterly summary of all information received from their assets (aka informants) AND provide HQ with an overall assessment of its importance/significance AND a summary of ALL payments made (dates and amounts).

7.  EVERYTHING summarized above produced REAMS of paperwork (from field to HQ and from HQ to field).

8.  Significantly, there is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in ANY file pertaining to Harry Dean OR pertaining to the JBS OR pertaining to John Rousselot OR pertaining to Guy Galbadon OR pertaining to Edwin Walker which confirms that Harry was (1) EVER paid anything OR (2) that ANY field office ever sought authorization from HQ to pay Harry for anything!

9.  Lastly, as I have pointed out before on several occasions, EVERY person who was an FBI asset (informant, double agent, mole, established source, panel source, etc) was given a temporary (and sometimes a permanent) symbol number to conceal their identity.  A description of that person (name, address, phone number, symbol number, code names, etc) was kept on an index card at both HQ and the appropriate field office.  NO SUCH CARD exists on Harry.

10.  I previously shared scanned pdf copies of a typical memo format used by field offices when they wanted to pay someone for expenses or for services rendered.  See:  pages 5 thru 8 of Delmar Dennis memos here:  https://sites.google.com/site/ernie124102/dennis

THERE IS NO COMPARABLE DOCUMENTATION ANYWHERE REGARDING HARRY DEAN.

So, AGAIN, we can logically conclude that Harry was NOT telling the truth when he claimed he was "paid expenses" -- but this is just another device by which Harry conveyed the idea that he had some sort of official connection to our "intelligence agencies" which Harry assumed would impress any gullible audience [i.e. ordinary individuals, newspaper reporters, Joe Pyne program Director, Tom Snyder, southern California Police Dept interviewers, or Education Forum readers, etc.]

----AND----

If you step back and try to be logical about this dispute AND if you want to be as fair as humanly possible to Harry -- then there is ONE question which Paul has never even attempted to answer.

WHY IS IT that after 5 decades of controversy regarding Harry and his narrative and his "eyewitness" testimony -- Harry has NEVER written one single statement like this?  

[Given the decades-long controversy and all the disputes and all the supposed "misunderstandings" -- (for example: see false statements made in EF by Bill Kelly and by Berneice at the beginning of this debate] wouldn't ANY honorable person have decided to issue a clear statement like the following one a VERY long time ago?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN":   "In (enter years here), I contacted the FBI field office in (enter city names here) and I also contacted FBI HQ in Washington DC in (enter dates here).

ALL of my contacts with the FBI were always initiated by me.  I decided when to contact the FBI.  I decided what method to use for my contacts (phone, letter, in person).  I decided what information I thought the FBI might be interested in seeing.  

AT NO TIME was I ever asked by the FBI (or by any other government agency) to provide them with information nor was I ever asked to do anything for them.  

EVERYTHING I did was entirely voluntary and based upon my own motives.  I was NEVER an "informant" or an "undercover operative" or an "agent" or a "political spy".  I was NEVER assigned a case agent to report to nor was I given any sort of code name or symbol to conceal my identity.  I was never paid anything nor did I ask to be paid.

I also have no idea what the FBI did with any of the information I gave to them.  Like all other Americans, I contacted the FBI when I thought it would be a good idea to share something with them."

In March 2014, I posted a message on EF which copied and pasted comments made BY Harry Dean on the Mary Ferrell website.  

The Ferrell website used to include a "comments" page for each pdf document which they uploaded onto their website.  However, it appears that they have now eliminated those comments pages.

Consequently, I am copying Harry's comments again below -- because they serve as PRIMARY SOURCE documentation which completely falsifies much of what Paul (falsely) claims regarding how HARRY has described HIMSELF over the years.  Notice how Harry describes his relationship to the FBI and CIA and how he accepted "cash expenses" from the FBI.  

Hopefully, these messages will make Paul stop blaming W.R. Morris for everything and also make Paul stop presenting obvious falsehoods about Harry's assertions concerning his "informant" relationship to U.S. "intelligence agencies".

However, keep in mind, that the URL links which appear in my original message may no longer work because the "comments" section appears to have been eliminated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

MY ORIGINAL 2014 MESSAGE

The Mary Ferrell website has "comments" pages where interested parties can enter their personal observations about every document which is on that website. 

For interested parties, I copy below all of the comments which Harry has posted.  I have not corrected spelling or punctuation errors.  The "document page" links refer to the original document which Harry was commenting upon.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/comments/getList.do?member=HarryDean

Letter Nov. 19, 1963 
by 
HarryDean on Tue, Aug 29, 2006, 11:19 PM GMT (#1465) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 4
"There is more to the Hoover letter..? The Chicago Bureau office dumped me when I casually mentioned to my FBI contacts I had confided to a CIA agent about also advising the Bureau re; Cuban affairs. They said " You told them!" Both agents seemed equally angry and disappointed, adding," You can no longer deal with the Bureau"! This put me on the outs with All sides of the U.S. and Cuban fury. We hurriedly packed and hauled for southern California. In the transition phase from heartfelt facination with the Revolution and Cuba I came to realize that all of my involvements for and then against them, were in the final costly waists. Mr. Hoover must have known about my earlier contacts with Central Intelligence Agents? The first was 1960 close to my departure time to visit the Cuban Revolutionary Government. The second encounter after returning, to be interviewed\debriefed. The third connection, several days prior to the 1961 planned invasion of Cuba. H. Dean"

Code Name "J.R." 
by HarryDean on Tue, Aug 22, 2006, 2:25 AM GMT (#1463) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 11
"At the outset {1960} I told FBI agents I could never go to the office, as Cuban activists and others I dealt with would spot me, or worse. They agreed. When I first contacted the Bureau, the agent answering the phone registered suprise, saying "we did'nt know that The Fair Play For Cuba Committie had started yet in Chicago." The Chicago Office instructed me to choose a code name for use when either of us contacted the other. I came up with the initials "J.R." My wife and I knew who was calling when they ask for J.R. requesting information and\or to set up a meeting. Agents also advised me to work out a code for message writing, kindly offering to do it for me if I could not. H. Dean"

FBI Los Angeles 
by HarryDean on Tue, Aug 22, 2006, 1:25 AM GMT (#1462) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 14
"The FBI office in Los Angeles wanted information on the activities of SWP\FPCC member Ed Swabeck. The Bureau gave me his address in the Venice section of L.A. When I walked in Swabeck and wife Marge were suspicious and said so! Under fire, I grabbed their phone, dialed information saying, I told you are listed Ed. I did'nt know his name and address were listed, I did'nt even know they were in 'Southern' California. The beauty of that assignment netted Cuban DGI Castro agent, Fransisco Vega, then illegally in the U.S.  Much other information also resulted. The Bureau was extremely pleased. So was I. Vega had arrested and interrogated me in Cuba, for several hours. H. Dean"

Page 2 

Who said I said that? 
by  Harry Dean on Sun, Aug 20, 2006, 2:18 PM GMT (#1459) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 12
"I do say; The sudden change in Eisenhower's Cuba Policy had left me hanging. I knew I was just as suddenly in trouble being a member of two pro-Castro groups. Castro's Network In The United States the Fair Play For Cuba Committie, and Castro's 26 July Movement. Contacting the FBI would save me being considered a Communist subversive {executive order 10450} The Bureau convinced me to stay-in and pass it all information. I did. Later, in 1961 the Bureau fired me when I mentioned previous dealings with CIA agents re; Cuba. They were plenty excited and angry. I wondered why? So thats what it's like to be suddenly out in the cold with no explanation. I had accepted cash expences at their insistence, but not this time. A few months later in Los Angeles, California I became involved in simular actions for that office. I sure welcome the opportunity to correct such semi-official twisted statements on the MaryFerrell.org site. Thanks. H. Dean"

FPCC 
by Harry Dean on Sun, Aug 20, 2006, 1:00 PM GMT (#1458) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 14
"Re; the Chicago North side branch of The Fair Play For Cuba Committie. Communist Party and Socialist Workers Parties were opposing groups. SWP Swabeck ask me as FPCC Secretary to get CP leaders to allow SWP members to set up the North Side Chapter. It was allowed only if a CP member was in top leadership. Naturally this info. went to my Bureau agent contact. H. Dean"

The Bureau 
by HarryDean on Wed, Aug 16, 2006, 9:51 PM GMT (#1457) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 5
"Intelligence agencies naturally pour out unflatering information usually in somewhat 'twisted form' re; anyone who 'blabbs later' about having labored for them. Such information insures continued co-operation. It is their methodology. Re; FBI, they kicked me loose in Chicago because I mentioned talking with CIA agents there. Re; the Canada episode mentioned above. I went back there in 1946 to visit relatives. Sadly married a persistent Canada girl {since died}. Prison, resulted from wife, self and mother-in-law continued battles, where I was interned for much of two years, finally escaping from that awful British\Canada society with which I had since my early teens been at war! H. Dean"

For the record 
by HarryDean on Wed, Aug 16, 2006, 8:58 PM GMT (#1456) 
Comment on document page: ROUTING AND RECORD SHEET, Pg 5
"I moved from Chicago to the nearby suburb of Whiting Indiana, assumed a new name to avoid danger to my family from anti-Castro agents. Began a business, purchased an apartment bldg. a rental property, and a private residence. Bad check charges were\are untrue! The Whiting, Indiana Power structue feared I intended to sell the apt. bldg. to a negro person from Chicago. They also knew of visits by a Castro official in a vehicle with Cuban government licence plates. Whiting's power structue questioned me via a Whiting cop who was also my employee. My wife, children and I were under physical attacks. Suddenly, we left, loosing everything. Their check charges were a further method of attack about which I only recently learned from the above report. H. Dean"

Photos and fingerprints 1955 
by HarryDean on Mon, Aug 14, 2006, 3:34 PM GMT (#1453) 
Comment on document page: LETTER: ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY, 11/22/63, DALLAS, TEXAS, Pg 2
"To correct the inference above, I have seen the 1955 photos taken by Detroit Police Dept.{full length front and side views}. These photos were made when I applied for and received a Detroit Cab Company licence. The unidentified Mexico\Russian Embassy photo, is a 'non-mystery' intended to invole me in anti-Kennedy actions by former associates. H. Dean"

CE 237 
by HarryDean on Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 6:19 PM GMT (#1452) 
Comment on document page: MEMO: FBI CONCURS TART DEAN NOT IDENTICAL W/UNIDENTIFIED PERSON IN WARREN COMMISSION REPORT, Pg 3
"In this, Ardvison is only one of several who thought I resembled #237 in Warren Report. I notice that a first cousin, George Dean, a cop in Michigan called FBI there re; seeing a photo in Bay City, MI., thought it looked like me. We had last met in 1964.The George Dean FBI call was made in 1968. Dean said he had not seen me in several years? Re; the FBI interviewing me several times, in Los Angeles areas, the purpose of such, for example: to seek out information on L.A. area ALPHA 66 activities, and specifically it's leadership, after being shown an FBI photo of same. There are endless other examples "called interveiws". H. Dean"

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=5469#relPageId=2  (Comment page no longer appears)

Joe Pyne show et al. 
by HarryDean on Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 5:35 PM GMT (#1451) 
Comment on document page: HARRY DEAN, Pg 2
"Hayward's warning to FBI brought Bureau agents out to forbid my going on this or any TV or Radio show re; my association with FBI in Los Angeles, Chicago or elsewhere. I did go on, as a way to end my informant status with them. The Bureau was furious. No more information, no more expense money! I was glad! H. Dean"

Unidentified 
by HarryDean on Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 5:07 PM GMT (#1450) 
Comment on document page: HARRY J. DEAN, Pg 3
"There was a devious plan by my ant- Kennedy, anti-Communist,anti-Castro associates, to involve me in the so-called, Mexico City, Los Angeles\Kennedy scheme having to do with the unidentified person # 237 in Warren Report."

Page 3

by HarryDean on Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 4:45 PM GMT (#1449) 
Comment on document page: OSI TRACES ON HARRY DEAN, Pg 2
"I am a U.S. citizen at birth through my American father, and was not arrested under the registeration act by either the Detroit Police Dept. or the RCMP. I was arrested and questioned then immediately released by U.S. Customs and immigration Service. H.Dean"

Yet another conspiracy angle is being pursued -- according to this recent NY Post article

http://nypost.com/2017/01/29/manhattan-das-office-probing-death-of-reporter-with-possible-jfk-ties/
Manhattan DA’s Office probing death of reporter with possible JFK ties

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is looking into the mysterious death 51 years ago of newspaper writer and “What’s My Line?” star Dorothy Kilgallen, who was investigating the JFK assassination, The Post has learned.

The stunning development comes after a new book, “The Reporter Who Knew Too Much,” suggests Kilgallen was murdered to shut down her relentless pursuit of a Mafia don linked to JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Joan Vollero, a spokeswoman for District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., confirmed that a staffer has read the book, and reviewed a letter from author Mark Shaw citing new leads, medical evidence, and witnesses overlooked when Kilgallen, 52, died suddenly on Nov. 8, 1965, at the peak of her career.

“I’m hopeful DA investigators will probe any records available and interview witnesses still alive today who can shed light on what happened to this remarkable woman,” Shaw told The Post, which featured his findings last month.

“Victims have rights whether their name is Dorothy Kilgallen or Dorothy Doe, and Kilgallen was denied justice in 1965. That’s why I’m fighting for her.”

Shaw said he has received dozens of emails from readers demanding an official investigation. One “called her ‘a patriot’ who should be revered for risking her life to solve the JFK assassination.” 

Kilgallen, who wrote a widely syndicated column for the New York Journal-American, was the only reporter ever to interview Jack Ruby, who shot Oswald, and published Ruby’s closed-door testimony to the Warren Commission before its official release. Her enemies ranged from Frank Sinatra to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover.

The morning after Kilgallen appeared on the hit TV game show, she was found dead in her Manhattan apartment, naked under a robe and still in make-up. The medical examiner ruled it an accidental mix of booze and sleeping pills.

But Shaw contends Kilgallen was drugged. He cites a powdery residue on a glass by the bed, and records obtained from the National Archives showing two additional barbiturates in her system.

“There was no evidence that Kilgallen was a drug abuser,” Shaw said Saturday. “Despite the odd death scene and heavy doses, there was no investigation.”

Former ME toxicologist Dr. Stephen Goldner told Shaw the Mafia controlled the Brooklyn ME’s Office, which inexplicably conducted the Kilgallen autopsy even though her death occurred in Manhattan.

Weeks before her death, Shaw learned, Kilgallen bought a gun for self-protection and planned a second trip to New Orleans to investigate Mafia don Carlos Marcello.

“If the wrong people knew what I know about the JFK assassination, it would cost me my life,” she confided to hairdresser Charles Simpson, one of several witnesses who gave videotaped interviews unearthed by Shaw.

Shaw urges the DA to interview Ron Pataky, an Ohio newspaper columnist and ex-lover seen huddling with Kilgallen at the Regency Hotel the night before she died. Pataky, now 81, later penned a poem called “Vodka Roulette,” typed next to the image of a bartender mixing drinks, that reads, “Make one of ’em poison.”

Edited by Ernie Lazar