Loran Hall and Silvia Odio

Harry J.Dean

".....  "It may be true. There's quite an extensive

history on his father's CIA involvement," Mr. Heflet

said. "My client told me that a lot of his dad's

involvement, specifically in the Kennedy

assassination, has been sealed up, and we never may

find out what it was."  ....".

Loran "Skipper" Hall was a low grade street informant. He received money from the FBI for tips which often did not check out. He often infiltrated various groups at the FBI's direction and would relay some tid bits of information to them which he thought might get him favors and cash. He was in no way connected with the CIA or had anything to do with direct CIA operations in Cuba or elsewhere, at anytime. The interest which surrounded him was at best fabricated by Hall and others, and inserted into the various investigations that were being looked into by law enforcement because of false stories and plants "cut-outs" of the time.

Often when the FBI or other law enforcement were closing in on his criminal activities, he and those associated with him would cry foul "I'm CIA". It worked sometimes because of the CIA's program not to comment. As a result of the agencies procedure, at the time, various law enforcement agencies would back off until clarifications could be established. As a result of these type on individuals, basically working as an informant, their actions sometimes got good undercover operatives killed or exposed and INTEL operations from that quarter were shut down.

Good men paid the price for this faulty federal program of not screening their informants and withholding confidential matters from them. Tosh

Edited by William Plumlee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you elaborate on your dealings with Hall?

Bill S

Hi, Bill

First met Hall at Birch Society meeting in Covina,California 1962.

Hall was the featured speaker. His was a combined anti-Kennedy

anti-Castro speech, and a successful fund raiser.

We and the group previously mentioned usually met at the

El Monte,California residence and office of Gabaldon as well as

elsewhere in following months. Hall, as was Howard were early

followers of Gabaldon in much of activities. It is a long picture to

enter more details, other important persons, and connections involved

with the activities of Hall and all of the group{s} The final time I had

association re; Hall was in 1964 when I recommended he rather than I

become political manager in Gabaldon's race for U.S. Congress from the

Whittier, California area.

H. Dean.

• 7 years later...
Quote from The CHICAGO TRIBUNE,Teusday,November 26 1963;

{UPI} - Mexico City, November 25,1963 The newspaper Excelcior

....said Oswald crossed the border at Laredo,Texas, on September

25, and " DROVE TO MEXICO CITY.......The United States Customs

Service confirmed the crossing. A spokesman said, " There are

records to establish this. " The records also showed Oswald reentered

the United States October 3. (Harry Dean)

Thanks, Harry.

You have said to me in the past that you don't believe William Seymour was the 'Leon Oswald' who visited Sylvia Odio with Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard; and I certainly agree with you.

Do you have any theories as to who this individual was?

James

James,

From my M/S book and CD...... When Kennedy visited Mexico City in late June of 1962, Gabaldon, in league with some rightist Mexican Federal police officials, was set to shoot the president. Only a last minute escape problem aborted that attempted assassination scheme!

In late August, 1963, Gabaldon and I kept an appointment with former U.S. Congressman John H. Ruosselot then Western Director of the John Birch Society at his San Marino, California office. Gabaldon picked up ten thousand dollars as pre-arranged, from Rousselot. The money was for the ' Mexico Operation'. Some of these funds were given to Lee Oswald.

Two other of our anti-Castro, anti-communist associates, Lawrence John 'Larry' Howard - aka Alonzo Escuido, and Loran Eugene 'skip' Hall, aka Lorenzo Pacillo, were dispatched by Gabaldon to enlist Oswald in the CIA {Central Intelligence Agency}. In late September Oswald accompanied the pair to Gabaldon's Mexico City area office. Oswald then recieved instructions and the funds from the impressive, but phony 'CIA officer Gabaldon'. The fate of both Oswald and Kennedy were there forever sealed! The Trio later returned to the U.S., Hall and Howard 'eventually' to California, and Oswald to Texas where two weeks later, October 15, 1963 he began working at the book depository building in Dallas.

.........a previously framed fall-guy {Oswald} with recently arranged {by my associates} pro-communist connections to the Russian and Cuban embassies, {in Mexico City} would be assumed guilty,especially after and because of his own sudden death.

.........Oswald's alleged guilt destroyed the powerful and subversive Fair Play For Cuba Committee, and with it, Castro's influence in the American hemisphere.

bump

• 1 year later...

great photo. This must be why for the longest time I though Manuel was Hall. Gerry set me straight and a LIFE photo. I don't know how I got that, but this photo has a story. Know it, James? (Christy Cox)

Hi Christy,

If you're talking about the photo I posted, it was taken by Tom Dunkin in Miami. He snapped off a whole roll with Hall and Aguilar wandering around a boat yard and chatting with a local water police officer. At one point, Aguilar was misidentified as being Seymour and the ID stuck for awhile which also didn't help things.

If there is anything else to that image, I would really like to know it. I know Dunkin's place was ransacked and many negatives went missing.

I get the feeling that the images of Hall and Aguilar might have been used against Hall who in my humble opinion may have been designated as a patsy of sorts.

I have dozens of photographs of Loran Hall so if you want any, let me know and I'll email them to you.

Cheers,

James

James, I realize this is ten years after -- but I'm interested in the "dozens" of photographs you have of Loran Hall (alias Lorenzo Pascillo).

Are you able to upload them to the Forum these days?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo